Monza 2012 - ticket choice?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Reutemann

Reutemann

• 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:18

Hi guys,

I am thinking about Monza F1 weekend this year.

As it will be my first experience with Monza, I am not decided where to go to get best ticket value/F1 actions ratio.

My first feeling is Prima Variante should be a right choice.
As, there are huge price differences between Variante A - B - C, I would like to know your opinion.

- Where is the best sitting position in prima variante?
- Any mojor difference between A, B or C?
- Any experience with Monza?

Thanks a lot.
Reutemann

Advertisement

#2 joora

joora

• 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:44

Hi guys,

I am thinking about Monza F1 weekend this year.

As it will be my first experience with Monza, I am not decided where to go to get best ticket value/F1 actions ratio.

My first feeling is Prima Variante should be a right choice.
As, there are huge price differences between Variante A - B - C, I would like to know your opinion.

Thanks a lot.
Reutemann

Well, it all depends on the amount of money you wish to spend.
The stand closest to the chicane will be the most expensive, and while the 6A costs 200€, the 6C costs 410€

Prima Variante and Variante Ascari are probably the nicest spots, but they are expensive. I was positioned on the enterance to the Parabolica (I think 21C), and had a nice overview of the straight before the curve, and the curve itself. Also, as luck would have it, saw webber crashing and Kobayashi parking the car in front of us.

Also, there seem to be some minor ticket price cuts @ http://www.monzanet.it/it

#3 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04

I'll be going for the 4th time this year, the previous three times I've sat in grandstand 6B (prima variante) and this year I'm doing the same.
It's close enough to the chicane to see all the action, and not so far away that it feels like you're sitting on the straight. There's a great atmosphere
there with grandstands and a campsite opposite. And if you burn easily like me, the sun is behind you most of the day in 6A/B/C.

During free practice I've sat on the pit straight, seconda variante and Ascari, I've also walked around curva grande and the lesmo corners.
I still think prima variante is a better spot for the race.

I would say book early though (ideally now), not only will you get cheaper tickets, you'll most likely get a better (higher up) seat. Everytime I've been I've booked in January and I've always been allocated seats on row O (fila O), which is at the top of the grandstand. Meaning you've got no one behind you so you're free to stand up if you want. You can also use a brolly without bothering anyone.

If you want to know anything else please say. Monza is quite a common subject in this forum though, so you'll probably find the answer to most questions if you look back at previous posts.

Edited by nugat, 05 January 2012 - 12:04.

#4 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 18:18

I've been to Monza 10 times. 8 times in 6b. I feel this grandstand has the best mix og high speed and action in the chicane.

Here is a video from 6b last year:

#5 ev0lution

ev0lution

• 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 20:31

I´m going to Monza for the first time this year. Bought tickets for 6C. Staying in a hotel in Milano. I did hear something about trains from Milano to Monza, and then there will be buses to the circuit ? I guess I´ll find out in time. Can´t wait for Sept 7-9 :).

Edited by ev0lution, 25 March 2012 - 20:31.

#6 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 13:38

I´m going to Monza for the first time this year. Bought tickets for 6C. Staying in a hotel in Milano. I did hear something about trains from Milano to Monza, and then there will be buses to the circuit ? I guess I´ll find out in time. Can´t wait for Sept 7-9 :).

You need to check the train schedules to see which station in Milan to use for Monza. The first couple of times I went the regular (every hour) trains left from Central Station, but in 2010 they went from Garibaldi station which caught a few people out. Not a problem once you know as the two are connected via the Metro.

When the train gets to Monza there will be a free shuttle bus to take you to Monza park, where you'll be dumped off to enjoy the scenic walk to the circuit :) Return journey is the reverse, walk->bus->train.

On Sunday free trains run between Milan and a train station at the Lesmo corners, so you don't have to bother with the bus. You'll have time to catch the podium and walk the circuit after the race, but don't hang around too long as there are big queues for the Lesmo trains.

#7 ev0lution

ev0lution

• 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 18:50

Thanks! I see you'll be going as well, so when the event approaches perhaps I'll have a few more questions if you don't mind! I have a weekend pass, but I can't make the Friday due to work. I'll be landing late at Malpensa :) Should have bought tickets for 6B though, have you ever been at 6C? Will I be able to see the chicane from that grandstand?

#8 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 19:12

Thanks! I see you'll be going as well, so when the event approaches perhaps I'll have a few more questions if you don't mind! I have a weekend pass, but I can't make the Friday due to work. I'll be landing late at Malpensa :) Should have bought tickets for 6B though, have you ever been at 6C? Will I be able to see the chicane from that grandstand?

6c is even closer to the chicane than 6b, so yes :) I haven't been in 6c but 6a/b/c are all next to each other, 6c being the closest to the chicane, 6a is furthest away. The chicane is visible from all of them.

#9 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:52

I was in 6b last year and if I go back (possibly next year) I will almost certainly go for there again.

Best value in my opinion.

#10 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:23

very hard to choose between 6b and 6c!

stupid question... wouldn't you see more in 8a and 8b? the grandstands opposite the 6a b and c ones? Can you not see the straight and more of the run after the chicaine if you are sitting on that side? Only downside would be that you are not seated directly in front of the braking zone at the end of the main straight like you would be in 6b and 6c.

#11 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:52

very hard to choose between 6b and 6c!

stupid question... wouldn't you see more in 8a and 8b? the grandstands opposite the 6a b and c ones? Can you not see the straight and more of the run after the chicaine if you are sitting on that side? Only downside would be that you are not seated directly in front of the braking zone at the end of the main straight like you would be in 6b and 6c.

It depends.

In 6b, I felt you saw the cars nearly at full-speed but had a great view of all the action into T1 and the exit.

6c, you wouldn't see them at the speeds you would at 6b but you'd almost certainly get a perfect view of all the overtaking into the corner.

8a and 8b, it depends where you are sitting. If you are close to T1, then like in 6c, you'd surely have a perfect view of everything but if you are further along, I don't think you would get great value for money.

If I remember correctly, 8a and 8b was also a fair mount more expensive than where I sat.

On the Friday, you can change grandstands at will (which is brilliant)

#12 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:51

Hello everyone, I can only afford GA at Monza. Anyone got any suggestions of good viewing points?

#13 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:49

It depends.

In 6b, I felt you saw the cars nearly at full-speed but had a great view of all the action into T1 and the exit.

6c, you wouldn't see them at the speeds you would at 6b but you'd almost certainly get a perfect view of all the overtaking into the corner.

8a and 8b, it depends where you are sitting. If you are close to T1, then like in 6c, you'd surely have a perfect view of everything but if you are further along, I don't think you would get great value for money.

If I remember correctly, 8a and 8b was also a fair mount more expensive than where I sat.

On the Friday, you can change grandstands at will (which is brilliant)

great thanks, yes 6b is definately sounding the best value

#14 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 14:10

Hello everyone, I can only afford GA at Monza. Anyone got any suggestions of good viewing points?

Parabolica if you get there early enough. Also, there is a small area before the cars get to Ascari which, again, if you are there early enough may be okay.

There are also a few viewing points around Curva Grande but I would think you would need to stay at that point the whole weekend to be at the front!

#15 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 00:26

Parabolica if you get there early enough. Also, there is a small area before the cars get to Ascari which, again, if you are there early enough may be okay.

There are also a few viewing points around Curva Grande but I would think you would need to stay at that point the whole weekend to be at the front!

I read somewhere on another forum that you can quite easily buy grandstand tickets at the track on the weekend, anyone know if this is true or is it baloney like it sounds.

#16 squiresm

squiresm

• 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:51

I read somewhere on another forum that you can quite easily buy grandstand tickets at the track on the weekend, anyone know if this is true or is it baloney like it sounds.

I think it's likely to be true, I went last year and they had a ticket booth outside the main gates. I guess the main issue with doing that is you can't be sure what stand you'll end up in.

#17 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:07

Yes, I saw tickets available at a small ticket office just at the main entrance to the circuit and also at a few other points.