RF2

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 21:48

Rfactor 2 is out now guys

Head on over to the ISI RF2 site and you can torrent it.

It is only a Beta with a few tracks and cars, but if you subscribe now you get 18 months of online racing and obviously the game engine with it.

And can also be involved in the BETA obviously

Advertisement

#2 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 22:27

Got a linky?

I've been really looking forward to seeing some feedback on this puppy.

Edited by SimMaker, 10 January 2012 - 22:27.

#3 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 22:57

Sorry dude, it's been so busy I would not post up a link yet!

Apparently the commerce server is a bit slow and rubbish.

They are really struggling to cope with demand, so will leave it til later on if I were you!

#4 H0R

H0R

• 4,068 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 23:19

It is effin awesome actually. The vintage cars feel a lot like GPL revisited, paired with nicer graphics and sounds, weather, a seriously great tyre physics model and hands down the best powertrain physics I've experienced so far. Im quite sure that the Monaco Rocks team lend a hand also. ;-)

On the other hand one simply has to remember that this is still in beta stadium. I've seen several graphics bugs, the installation routine is a pita so far and the content is obviously very limited. But all in all a very recommendable effort!

#5 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 20:41

I asked for my money back today about 15 hours after downloading the whole thing.

Just couldnt get the mods to go where they are supposed to go, went everywhere for hope but it seems I was missing something.

Was a complete waste of time as the game was there, it worked fine, but could I get a mod to work? No. So asked for my money back and uninstalled it.

No matter what I did, I just could not get the mod files to go to the right places, they either wouldnt open, send or transfer. Simply awful.

#6 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 21:03

chunder27,

I have no experience about Rfactor 1 or 2 since my broadband is slow enough and laptop is not ideal for heavy games.

But you should forgive them little about teething problems. it takes some time but eventually they will make it good.

#7 SPBHM

SPBHM

• 1,068 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:39

asked for refund after 1 hour,
I couldn't do a single lap with any car basically, FFB was awful (yes I edited controller.ini but as much as it improved it was still bad), I understand that I have a unusual wheel, but the other games I play or tested work, (RF1, Iracing, LFS, and others)

also performance on my PC was not good enough, didn't have any fun playing, the bugs are VERY frustrating... I understand that it is a beta version, but... it was just to disappointing for me.

#8 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:04

I will patiently wait for you lot to fix the bugs for me...

#9 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 13:50

I asked for my money back today about 15 hours after downloading the whole thing.

Just couldnt get the mods to go where they are supposed to go, went everywhere for hope but it seems I was missing something.

Was a complete waste of time as the game was there, it worked fine, but could I get a mod to work? No. So asked for my money back and uninstalled it.

No matter what I did, I just could not get the mod files to go to the right places, they either wouldnt open, send or transfer. Simply awful.

Hi Chunder,
I might be a bit late to this but i've just seen this post in the ISI forum explaining mod installation just in case anyone else is having the same issue.

(oh and fwiw i'll not be buying rf2 anytime soon.....i think i'll need to take a big hammer to my pc, as all i've got that meets the spec atm is the monitor, the case and the version of Windows :S friggin hell.....)

#10 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 18:41

Well after having a nightmare trying to get evrything working, it feels OK

No crashes, no issues, my install was faulty thats why it was bugging.

It's not bad but a few of the cars are a bit buggy, the Formula Renault car in particular

#11 iridium

iridium

• 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 22:51

Just downloaded this... :)

HOLD ON! They want me to pay £30 for a BETA!

Well, I hope they know where they can shove that!?

#12 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 23:52

Just downloaded this... :)

HOLD ON! They want me to pay £30 for a BETA!

Well, I hope they know where they can shove that!?

my understanding is that the £30 is for purchase of the game (a one-off payment for lifetime subscription) and 18 (i think) months of online server access. While i have read somewhere that if you choose not to pay the fee, you can still play the game offline (i believe) online access is only secured via the ID system that works with the fee payment. The site says:

Step 4a: Click Next beside Buy License in the launcher window.
Step 4b: Click Next beside the type of rFactor 2 online access you would like to purchase:
Buy rFactor 2 – 12 months of free access to the online matchmaker and other services. Every 12 months a further payment is required.
Buy rFactor 2 with Lifetime Online Membership – Free access to the online matchmaker and other services for the lifetime of the rFactor 2 product.

you pays your money and you takes your choice, but it's a fairly safe bet that it's going to develop from a beta to a full monty and then a development with mods coming all the time and a strong online community so 'they want me to pay for a beta!!!!111' isn't quite as harsh as you make it sound ;).....i don't remember iRacing being free play when it first came out, and that's the posterboy for 'always a beta' gaming....lol

#13 SPBHM

SPBHM

• 1,068 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:46

I think it's what is called "pre-order",
but yes, you pay and have access to the beta version, but later also the final game and 18 months of online game...

the possibility to test the beta was what made me try it...

#14 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:10

Is rfactor1 content compatable with rf2?

#15 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 13:30

Is rfactor1 content compatable with rf2?

no, i know a couple of modders who are contemplating how much rework is involved in getting their rFactor content compatible with rFactor2 spec. Some of it is increased 'bling' (texture types, reflection and shadow handling and such, as well as the much increased poly-count capability of the new game engine) but some of it is fundamentals like tyre deflection and suspension (physics) modelling and the like - the best mod models would still be a good working base but there's no direct port-over as i know of atm.

#16 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 13:38

That's a shame. I might hold off getting it until there is a decent complement of mods then. I just got the SP2 for Enduracers on rFactor. Superb. With that and HistoriX, i have no need for anything else for a while.....

#17 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:37

That's a shame. I might hold off getting it until there is a decent complement of mods then. I just got the SP2 for Enduracers on rFactor. Superb. With that and HistoriX, i have no need for anything else for a while.....

definitely and thats the ongoing theme with mod games, in that you never get the greatest stuff straight out of the box.....good job really, we'd all be broke from buying 'the big new game' three times a year :lol:

#18 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 13:16

Is there a site that has news on new rFactor 2 mods?

#19 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,019 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 13:56

This looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.c...;feature=g-vrec

GPL 2 B)

Advertisement

#20 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 13:11