Photo

Maureen Goulding - wife of Pat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gouldo

gouldo

• 142 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:35

Unfortunately I am today, the bearer of sad news.

It is always a shock to read things on the internet of this ilk, but it is the easist & quickets way to get a message out to all.

Maureen Goulding, wife for 48 years of Group 'M' clubman competitor Pat Goulding (dad), and mother to Brad, Stuart & Jason, passed away on Tuesday 10.1.2012 after a somewhat lengthy illness.

Maureen was well known firstly thoughout the 'Newcastle Mafia' racing fraternity, and also through the NSW Hillclimb community, where Pat competed for many many years in his 1962 Nota Sportsman. During that time her and dad were actively involved in the MG Car Club Newcastle. Later when dad started historic circuit racing, mum again was always at each meet, regardless of weather, always by his side & supporting his efforts. She managed to feed & supply tea and coffee to literally hundreds of drivers over the 40 odd years of her involvement with dad in motor sport.

During the last couple of years her health deteriorated and as such, both mum & dad had been absent from the HSRCA/FOSC events which they both so thoroughly enjoyed going to.

There are many people here who had known Maureen over these years. Quite a few from the late 60's I would think.

Anyways, her funeral will be held at the St Mary's Catholic Curch, Bayview St Warners Bay (Newcastle), at 11.00am, Friday the 13th of January 2012. Afte rthat, a short service will be held at the Ryhope Crematorium (Toronto area) about 1.00pm where light refreshments will be offered.

Brad Goulding and Jason Goulding

Advertisement

#2 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,259 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:52

She must have been a champion woman to put up with Pat!

Sorry, but I never met Maureen, but Pat I obviously came across at a hillclimb and race meeting or two.

My condolences on your great loss.

#3 john medley

john medley

• 1,442 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 20:24

Brad and all the family
Thanks for advising. My condolences to all at this time
Kind regards
John Medley

#4 Dale Harvey

Dale Harvey

• 418 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 20:28

Sad news indeed. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
Dale.

#5 DennisTobin

DennisTobin

• 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 20:03

A yery special Lady---top of the totem pole. Commiserstion to Pat, the family and all her knew her.

#6 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,469 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 20:42

I don't know these people, but offer My Condolences regardless.

#7 gouldo

gouldo

• 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:58

Thank you to all.

DT summed her up pretty well.

Pat, Brad, Stu & Jase.