Photo

Jenson and Lewis Scorecard 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1667 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 2,285 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:03

It's time to start the new Jenson and Lewis thread?

Let me try with this quote from Jenson's mate and WTC Champ:

""He has the utmost respect for Lewis, and he knows he is massively quick, but Jenson is also quick and clever, and you need both to win races and Championships."

Now i know that I am jenson fan but this rings true for me. I think that Lewis is going to have to be smarter with his racing right from the go. If he doesnt do well in the first two races then the pressure is going to rise rapidly.

I'm realistically hoping JB can get the title this season.

http://www.planetf1....-even-stronger-

Advertisement

#2 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:09

expect 677 posts of pure joy :) I hope Lewis beats Jenson this season. He needs it :)

#3 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:15

Lewis for me, easy win over the season if he's consistent

#4 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:26

I will be highly disappointed if McLaren build another dud,if that's the case I expect JB to win again.
If the 27 is up for the challenge it will be tight and Ham will win it all.

#5 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:30

Imagine the meltdown if Button continues to beat Lewis constantly through season once again. This thread will going to burn to the ground.

I doubt it now Lewis has been beaten i would think we'll be better aclimatised

#6 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:30

Lewis to out qually Button, but i think Button will finish the wdc with more points.
I just wonder how long it will take before the personal issues excuse is trotted out. :)

#7 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:32

Lewis to out qually Button, but i think Button will finish the wdc with more points.
I just wonder how long it will take before the personal issues excuse is trotted out. :)

Will those be Button's personal issues when he gets beat?

Edited by jrg19, 14 January 2012 - 13:32.

#8 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 13:34

nope.

#9 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 15:34

Lewis for me, easy win over the season if he's consistent

What - bit like the predictions for the last two seasons then....... :lol:

for me I would expect it to be close again but if Hami is to regain the stature all the hype has given him then he needs to win and win well against Button......

#10 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 15:42

I dont think Lewis's reputation could stand Button beating him again, so i think he'll be determined and focused, but if Button shows the same determination and focus it could be a case of who crumbles first.

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that Button will continue to stamp his authority at McLaren, and come out on top again. Outwardly Lewis's head seems to drop when he's beaten, If buttons beaten he appears to keep things more under control.

#11 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 15:50

I dont think Lewis's reputation could stand Button beating him again, so i think he'll be determined and focused, but if Button shows the same determination and focus it could be a case of who crumbles first.

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that Button will continue to stamp his authority at McLaren, and come out on top again. Outwardly Lewis's head seems to drop when he's beaten, If buttons beaten he appears to keep things more under control.

Lewis didn't finish the season with his head down, he kept fighting, and was on the way upwards towards the end of the season
IMO if the new car is good and it's a bit more to his liking it will give him a boost

Edited by Bonaventura, 14 January 2012 - 15:51.

#12 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 16:36

The driver to win this battle will be: Jenson Button !!

- Brimming with confidence after beating LewHam comprehensively last year
- Master of tyre management and that's even more important this year
- Has an intact and developed "bubble"  ;)
- Has rallied the team around him
- Has a long term deal with the team

Ergo not a worry in the world, will be at the absolute top of his game this year. :up:
Button is also quite competent at the political game, so it would not surprise me if early in the year he'll be looking for some friction and disharmony with Lewis. With his long-term deal in place and Lewis without a contract he could push out Lewis of the team this way.

#13 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,901 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 17:11

Whitmarsh role is going to be interesting this year.

#14 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 17:19

I hope they both do well for McLaren and atleast one of them beat redbull and Ferrari to the WDC and they both contribute to bring the WCC to McLaren.

Let the fans of Lewis and Button discuss quietly and ignore the fans of neither who are here just to stir it.

#15 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 17:20

Couldn't these sort of threads wait until the actual racing starts? Opening so early just guarantees a couple of months of trolling and that's evident in just the first few posts.

#16 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,463 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 18:17

Couldn't these sort of threads wait until the actual racing starts? Opening so early just guarantees a couple of months of trolling and that's evident in just the first few posts.

:up:

#17 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,506 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 21:32

I agree. Posts are practically guaranteed to be off topic.

#18 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 21:53

No probably just set up issues

The driver to win this battle will be: Jenson Button !!

- Brimming with confidence after beating LewHam comprehensively last year
- Master of tyre management and that's even more important this year
- Has an intact and developed "bubble" ;)
- Has rallied the team around him
- Has a long term deal with the team

Ergo not a worry in the world, will be at the absolute top of his game this year. :up:
Button is also quite competent at the political game, so it would not surprise me if early in the year he'll be looking for some friction and disharmony with Lewis. With his long-term deal in place and Lewis without a contract he could push out Lewis of the team this way.

I guess you're predicting that Lewis will continue to have incidents with other drivers and his RE will continue to make mistakes

#19 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 22:50

...and his RE will continue to make mistakes

Is that the route to go now, shift more and more blame for 2011 to the race engineer with each passing month?

Advertisement

#20 TallyHo

TallyHo

• 271 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:57

If Jenson continues to improve his qualy performance, i can't see anything but a JB win.

#21 Lazy

Lazy

• 6,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:24

I will be highly disappointed if McLaren build another dud,if that's the case I expect JB to win again.

The MP4-26 was a dud?

You expect Jenson to be better at driving a bad car fast?

#22 Lights

Lights

• 17,877 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:29

The MP4-26 was a dud?

The idea here is that if Lewis gets a car he can put on pole, he will, and he won't have to overtake Massa at any point.

#23 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:29

The MP4-26 was a dud?

Lovely thing, isn't it? Made-up fan theories byting themselves in the ass. :D

#24 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:32

Dud like last year ,,, you mean?

And whatevr happened to the theory that Ham could drive around the problems better than jense.

Edited by flyer121, 15 January 2012 - 10:36.

#25 Lazy

Lazy

• 6,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:49

The idea here is that if Lewis gets a car he can put on pole, he will, and he won't have to overtake Massa at any point.

He'd probably have to lap him :)

#26 abulafiaF1

abulafiaF1

• 156 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:02

Regardless of who comes out on top, I expect 2012 to be the year that all the "niceties" :kiss: between these 2 end.

Too much at stake for both drivers...

#27 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:45

Already sickened by the bs in this thread.

Will go for Lewis, will avoid this thread for the most part I think.

#28 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:26

Already sickened by the bs in this thread.

Can you give an example of that extraordinary BS? Or is BS defined as everything, except "I'll go for Lewis"?

#29 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:31

Can you give an example of that extraordinary BS? Or is BS defined as everything, except "I'll go for Lewis"?

As the thread is titled "scorecard 2012" and there is no score yet then I'd say it is all BS and is simply repeating stuff that is in numerous other threads.

#30 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:33

As the thread is titled "scorecard 2012" and there is no score yet then I'd say it is all BS and is simply repeating stuff that is in numerous other threads.

Precisely. :up:

Surprised to see you in here! lol.

#31 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:33

Now this really is a thread that should be locked until March.

#32 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:34

the idea that MP 4 was a dud ? Would tht count as BS  ;)

#33 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:44

Just the snide bickering, dragging up crap from 2011.

This thread should start after P1 in Aus - anything before hand other than a simple prediction/statement it is speculation, inuendo, and trolling.

#34 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:46

the idea that MP 4 was a dud ? Would tht count as BS ;)

Good point! :D

#35 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:48

the idea that MP 4 was a dud ? Would tht count as BS ;)

Its BS in a thread comparing the scores of two drivers for 2012 is it not? Not that anyone believes it was a dud, but there was a thread for that particular subject.

#36 Lazy

Lazy

• 6,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:49

This thread should start after P1 in Aus - anything before hand other than a simple prediction/statement it is speculation, inuendo, and trolling.

The start of racing did nothing to stop any of that last year. Face it, it's what the scorecards are all about and it's fun :)

#37 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:51

I still don't see anything really trollish in here, so far. Instead lots of preemptive striking followed by the usual calls to please close this thread.

I get the impression quite a few people would like to see a kind of special thread dedicated to their favourite driver, which would only be opened 1 minute after he has won a race, collect praise for maybe a week, and then gets closed again until he wins the next race. Could that be? ;)

Edited by as65p, 15 January 2012 - 12:52.

#38 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:54

The start of racing did nothing to stop any of that last year. Face it, it's what the scorecards are all about and it's fun :)

You have to realize however, that this time last year, bringing up 2010 wasn't half as bad as it is now to bring up 2011.  ;)

#39 dave12

dave12

• 730 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:56

You have to realize however, that this time last year, bringing up 2010 wasn't half as bad as it is now to bring up 2011. ;)

:D

Advertisement

#40 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:57

I still don't see anything really trollish in here, so far. Instead lots of preemptive striking followed by the usual calls to please close this thread.

I get the impression quite a few people would like to see a kind of special thread dedicated to their favourite driver, which would only be opened 1 minute after he has won a race, collect praise for maybe a week, and then gets closed again until he wins the next race. Could that be?;)

I simply think if this sort of thread is going to be opened then it should be opened when the racing actually starts and there are scores to compare. There are plenty of other threads where the "my guy is better than your guy" crap can be discussed.

#41 P123

P123

• 23,967 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:59

This seems to be the fan scorecard, little said about the drivers so far...... good to see this is the same low quality of debate as previous years. Well done folks. :up:

#42 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:00

I simply think if this sort of thread is going to be opened then it should be opened when the racing actually starts and there are scores to compare. There are plenty of other threads where the "my guy is better than your guy" crap can be discussed.

Did you just write you prefer not see any "my guy is better than your guy" crap in this, the scorecard thread? :drunk:

#43 dave12

dave12

• 730 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:00

What about testing?

Edited by dave12, 15 January 2012 - 13:01.

#44 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:03

Did you just write you prefer not see any "my guy is better than your guy" crap in this, the scorecard thread? :drunk:

I know it's inevitably going to happen, but at least wait until there is a score to hang it on.

#45 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,756 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:05

What about testing?

What about testing?

You can't call anything on that as they will be testing different elements at different times. The drivers don't even get to be on track at the same time or on the same day. Until the first race weekend starts then there is zero scorecard to be discussed.

#46 itsademo

itsademo

• 571 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:07

:up:
However i would say it should be opened earlier when the first test session of the season starts.
edit add
Yes they may well be testing differnt parts and on track iin very differnt conditions but its safe to assume people will still have an opinion as to how testing is going with both drivers and who is doing more/better/whatever better or worse than the other

Edited by itsademo, 15 January 2012 - 13:09.

#47 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:09

I know it's inevitably going to happen...

That's a bit of an understatement. Isn't it the very purpose of a scorecard to decide who is better?

but at least wait until there is a score to hang it on.

But I don't see the problem. Up to the first race it's about predictions, testing, how's the preparation going... then see who has got it right or wrong when the flag drops. What's wrong with that as a concept?

#48 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:09

What about testing?

You can't call anything on that as they will be testing different elements at different times. The drivers don't even get to be on track at the same time or on the same day. Until the first race weekend starts then there is zero scorecard to be discussed.

Quite. You wait until the wild speculation floods in when Button or Lewis is a second faster than their teammate without any thought into what is being tested. It seems to happen every year and people just don't learn.

#49 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:11

That's a bit of an understatement. Isn't it the very purpose of a scorecard to decide who is better?
But I don't see the problem. Up to the first race it's about predictions, testing, how's the preparation going... then see who has got it right or wrong when the flag drops. What's wrong with that as a concept?

So who do you think is going to be better in 2012 based on all the news about the car and driver preparations?

#50 dave12

dave12

• 730 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 13:14

What about testing?

Of course you can whats to say Jenson love's the new car and can find more speed in than Lewis would you realy want this back and forth crap going on the Mp4 27 thread?