Photo

TZ350B Yamaha Gary Hickman?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TZYAM

TZYAM

• 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 21:46

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone knew Gary Hickman I think he lived somewhere in Surrey and whould have raced early TZ Yamaha's. I have a Yamaha TZ350B twin shock and I was told that it possiably came from Gary Hickman and was just wondering if he is still around or if anyone would know his wherabouts. Or if anyone would have remembered him racing, or photos would be great. The frame has been modified at one time, the two rear down tubes from the sub frame area have been moved forward below the seat very much like the modification on Kenny Roberts old TZ250 twin shock.

Any help apprehiated, thanks, Ivor

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:19

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone knew Gary Hickman I think he lived somewhere in Surrey and whould have raced early TZ Yamaha's. I have a Yamaha TZ350B twin shock and I was told that it possiably came from Gary Hickman and was just wondering if he is still around or if anyone would know his wherabouts. Or if anyone would have remembered him racing, or photos would be great. The frame has been modified at one time, the two rear down tubes from the sub frame area have been moved forward below the seat very much like the modification on Kenny Roberts old TZ250 twin shock.

Any help apprehiated, thanks, Ivor

He is/was? on Facebook.

#3 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:24

Gary in 1975.
Posted Image
Photo Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge.

#4 Robin127

Robin127

• 506 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:24

I think he raced regularly at Brands in the late 70's early 80's and always used the race number 13.

Edited by Robin127, 15 January 2012 - 22:26.

#5 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:25

I think he raced regularly at Brands in the late 70's early 80's and always used the race number 13.

Not always! :rotfl:

#6 Robin127

Robin127

• 506 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:27

Not always! :rotfl:

You posted just as I was writing.......and how did I know that you would have a photo of him? :p

#7 TZYAM

TZYAM

• 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 20:09

You posted just as I was writing.......and how did I know that you would have a photo of him? :p

Thanks very much guys very helpful as always, I am not on facebook so if anyone is would they ask him if I can make contact, I can pm my email address to a member or something. Thanks again for your help and great photo Graham, I wonder is it the one I have!!!!! :)

#8 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 20:42

Thanks very much guys very helpful as always, I am not on facebook so if anyone is would they ask him if I can make contact, I can pm my email address to a member or something. Thanks again for your help and great photo Graham, I wonder is it the one I have!!!!! :)

I have messaged him on my Wifes FB Ivor, I will let you know if he replies.
G.

#9 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 22:32

According to the TZ website, that is the B model Ivor so could be?

#10 TZYAM

TZYAM

• 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 22:13

According to the TZ website, that is the B model Ivor so could be?

Thanks very much for all you help Graham I have sent an email to Gary with information etc.

Best site in the world this for information on riders and bikes.

Keep up the good work and we need a lot more of name the rider etc. Best wishes, Ivor

#11 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 22:15

Thanks very much for all you help Graham I have sent an email to Gary with information etc.

Best site in the world this for information on riders and bikes.

Keep up the good work and we need a lot more of name the rider etc. Best wishes, Ivor

Your welcome. :wave: