Photo

Rosberg v. Schumacher, 2012

• Please log in to reply
2151 replies to this topic

#1651 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,881 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 22:46

Heh, I've grown a bit mellow towards Schu when he returned- but those two are the worst pair of drivers to gage against each other, I'd say... Rosberg is generally underrated, which in 'general opinion' doesn't flatter Schu. I was relishing the thought/speculation of Hamilton joining Mercedes and some kind of driver swap between Merc and McL: whichever driver goes to McLaren, Button would have his hands full, and Hamilton wouldn't have easy time either. I think Rosberg would be a harder opponent/teammate for Hamilton, and MS could with a bit of luck outscore Button on more than few occasions.

Although I'm Rosberg supporter and admittedly was fan of MS some 20 years ago before he started his antics (*that* I never forgave him)- I would not try to belittle MS's driving skills, even though he seems to have lost a fraction of his speed, and a bit more of his racecraft... And I'm glad to admit that in last few races I was a bit unsettled, from NR supporter point of view, that Schu has not disappointed- he has beaten him fair and square. And to top it, old man is annoyingly graceful when it comes to team letting him down in a way that made him look completely, hands down beaten by a teammate. I'd say, Rosberg should be in the lead in this comparison, but only by a slight margin, not by more than twice the points.

Advertisement

#1652 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 00:55

I feel we have a large enough sample to make a definitive judgment regarding Rosberg and Schumacher

2010.03.14-2012.09.23

072/142 070
076/089 013
043/093 050

191/324 133

1.701:1.000

= NR > MS

#1653 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:43

NR had a better race than MSC. Fair and square. Why all the hysteria in the thread?

#1654 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:08

it's because those that don't like Michael now have something to cheer about...I don't think Nico has many fans, so it's just the detractors. Its' been very quiet last few months - which tells you something...

#1655 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:59

it's because those that don't like Michael now have something to cheer about...I don't think Nico has many fans, so it's just the detractors. Its' been very quiet last few months - which tells you something...

It's a quite interesting dynamic: the faction not in favour of MSC shows up in this thread when Nico is ahead, while the pro-MSC faction stops discussing Michael losing out to Nico and starts discussing why the Schumi-naysayers only show up when Schumi does bad.

Nice try Raelene, it does not take anything away from Michael being disastrous once again (it started with him not showing up at the minute of silence for Doc Watkins - Michael prefered to go to the toilette instead - another Schumacher gem) and it does not take anything away from Nico soundly beating Michael.

Nico Rosberg 93
Michael Schumacher 43

#1656 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:21

It's a quite interesting dynamic: the faction not in favour of MSC shows up in this thread when Nico is ahead, while the pro-MSC faction stops discussing Michael losing out to Nico and starts discussing why the Schumi-naysayers only show up when Schumi does bad.

you are simply wrong...

and jeez, suddenly the call of nature is not allowed - you really are getting desperate

#1657 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 13:27

Nice try Raelene, it does not take anything away from Michael being disastrous once again (it started with him not showing up at the minute of silence for Doc Watkins - Michael prefered to go to the toilette instead - another Schumacher gem) and it does not take anything away from Nico soundly beating Michael.

Nico Rosberg 93
Michael Schumacher 43

Sorry man, that is plain wrong. I have been here constantly throughout the season, as have others who support MS.

For the most part, MS fans (not fanatics) give NR his proper due when he beats MS.

Unfortunately, when MS beats NR this thread is very very quiet.

Yet, on a weekend like Singapore, not only NR fans show up to gloat, but the huge army of MS-haters show up to this thread.

One simply needs to look at the posters and see their history to see what their general stance to MS is. One needs to see if they posted at Monza, Spa, etc.... to see what the dynamic of this thread is.

Raelene is correct. This is not rabbid MS fans vs. Ardent NR fans. This is a few NR fans and a metric ton of MS-haters I am afraid.

#1658 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 13:32

MS not respecting Watkins is laughable.

MS is of the generation that truly know about SW's contribution.

Not be surprised if he personally did something genuine that nobody knows about.

This is the man that gave 10 Million USD to Tsunami relief.

This is the man that is a UNICEF ambassador and does all sorts of work for FIA road safety.

#1659 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:17

Nico was really faster than MSC in this last race, not by a big amount but still was.

Schumacher is screwed for Suzuka as Mercedes will naturally suck there and with this penalty, almost 0 chance of points there. Not that Nico will have big chances to score any point all all, either.

Advertisement

#1660 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 17:23

stop feeding the trolls, it just makes the whole topic full of garbage.
NR won this round. let his real fans celebrate it and let the trolls enjoy it. They had a tough year, accumulated a lot of hate and need to through it in here

#1661 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,441 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 19:29

MS not respecting Watkins is laughable.

MS is of the generation that truly know about SW's contribution.

Not be surprised if he personally did something genuine that nobody knows about.

This is the man that gave 10 Million USD to Tsunami relief.

This is the man that is a UNICEF ambassador and does all sorts of work for FIA road safety.

My educated guess is he was really emotional about it since he had to deal with the Prof a couple of times. Silverstone 99, f.e. Could have been that he chose to have a private moment.

#1662 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 19:51

Rosberg wants best race number at Mercedes in 2013 http://www.forumula1...rcedes-in-2013/
It's about time for Rosberg to demand the number that he has earned in every season with Mercedes. Schumacher has no honor.

Edited by Kompressor, 25 September 2012 - 19:52.

#1663 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 19:56

Rosberg wants best race number at Mercedes in 2013 http://www.forumula1...rcedes-in-2013/
It's about time for Rosberg to demand the number that he has earned in every season with Mercedes. Schumacher has no honor.

So far he has not been that convincing to me to ask for any kind of privilege. If not for MS' reliability issues, he would be behind.

#1664 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 19:59

I have the feeling this is because MS won't be there and Nico is reserving the number against the newcommer. Just a guess though.

#1665 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 20:07

So far he has not been that convincing to me to ask for any kind of privilege. If not for MS' reliability issues, he would be behind.

Rosberg's total domination in the points standings earned him the 'privilege' of the lower race number.

#1666 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,558 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 20:20

Why is it that whenever one of these two has a high, the other almost always seems to be quite a ways back in comparison?

Said this back in July. Looks like it applies to this past weekend.

#1667 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 20:23

Lol so Rosberg, who was the slower driver in qualy, wants the lower number so that he could leapfrog his teammate in the only session in 3 years where it would have gained him an advantage? The rule is what needs changed.. backcount if you must.

#1668 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 20:35

I agree, if he asks for it then he deserves it as he's had the highest points, if he doesn't ask for it then he doesn't deserve it as he's being a pussy.

#1669 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 20:48

Wow

If I was NR or MS, I would DEMAND Merc give them a decent car.

Perhaps MS should demand an Infiniti on the nose cone for next year....

#1670 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 22:14

Seeing as Nico is the team leader and has been well in front of Schumacher from the get go, I see no reason why he should not have the number of his choosing.

After three long seasons of besting the greatest F1 driver and a 7X WDC, one would expect some respect from team and teammate, Rosberg has certainly earned it!

#1671 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 22:33

Seeing as Nico is the team leader and has been well in front of Schumacher from the get go, I see no reason why he should not have the number of his choosing.

After three long seasons of besting the greatest F1 driver and a 7X WDC, one would expect some respect from team and teammate, Rosberg has certainly earned it!

I agree that after TWO years 2010 and 2011 Nico should have had the choice if the choice was to be made (he hasnt bested michael at all in 2012 on no he has not). Using it to whine about sunday is just weak though, he wanted the number to give him a place he did not earn.

#1672 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 23:11

(he hasnt bested michael at all in 2012 on no he has not).

2012 current points
93 points 1 win Rosberg
43 points 0 win Schumacher

Perhaps bested was a bad choice of words, totally dominated in every measurable way would be more accurate. If the records were reversed I dare say no one would be here saying that Schumacher, with more then double the points of Rosberg was not "besting" Rosberg.

#1673 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 23:50

2012 current points
93 points 1 win Rosberg

Perhaps bested was a bad choice of words, totally dominated in every measurable way would be more accurate.

you need a new ruler.. mine allows me to measure performance and Nico has not in any way been the better Mercedes driver this year.

#1674 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 00:06

you need a new ruler.. mine allows me to measure performance and Nico has not in any way been the better Mercedes driver this year.

Should we use this "new ruler" when talking about MS´s wins and WDC´s or in this case the facts are facts and nothing else matters?

#1675 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 00:17

Should we use this "new ruler" when talking about MS´s wins and WDC´s or in this case the facts are facts and nothing else matters?

You may feel free to assess each of the years of MS career on performance as well as results yes. That would make him a 10 times champion, so thanks for that ;)

#1676 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 00:27

You may feel free to assess each of the years of MS career on performance as well as results yes. That would make him a 10 times champion, so thanks for that ;)

Considering the cars advantadge he had for more than 15 years, FIA´s assistance and number one status, i can´t imagine 20 drivers who couldn´t achieve much more.

Edited by MarcelBrDirani, 26 September 2012 - 00:53.

#1677 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,881 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:20

Baddog, I do not share your assessment that MS is so far better of the two, but I'll admit they're very close... But if things remain as they are, I'd give a nod to Nico. One day, he'll have his grandson sitting in his lap, and he'll say to him: "Listen, kid, I've won in a dog of a car that even Schumacher couldn't win with." :lol:

#1678 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:53

2012 current points
93 points 1 win Rosberg

Perhaps bested was a bad choice of words, totally dominated in every measurable way would be more accurate. If the records were reversed I dare say no one would be here saying that Schumacher, with more then double the points of Rosberg was not "besting" Rosberg.

maybe for someone that hasn't watched the races... and hasn't seen the amount of points he's lost through no fault of his own....

#1679 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,716 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:07

just weak though, he wanted the number to give him a place he did not earn.

Somehow I doubt you wrote the same thing when MS came into the team and wanted the lowest number. It is in fact Michael who in the first place wanted something he didn't earn, if we're being totally honest.

That's one of the things I really give Nico credit for - how he handled MS coming into the team at a pretty late stage that year. Many drivers would have folded and focused on the wrong things, but Nico never (from what we could see) let that situation get to him. He never whined about the demands, just got on with the job.

Didn't Michael also asked for (and got) a crew/race engineer switch? My memory is fuzzy here.

Advertisement

#1680 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:13

Somehow I doubt you wrote the same thing when MS came into the team and wanted the lowest number. It is in fact Michael who in the first place wanted something he didn't earn, if we're being totally honest.

I thought it was stupid, I have no time for superstitious nonsense. When they were both new then toss a coin as far as I am concerned. Anyway no-one should get a benefit from any number, its a car identifier and should never be used to place them.

In this case Nico actually said that he wanted the number because it would have let him start ahead of his faster (at that point) teammate on Sunday. That's weak and no amount of goalpost moving will alter that.

#1681 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,716 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:38

In this case Nico actually said that he wanted the number because it would have let him start ahead of his faster (at that point) teammate on Sunday. That's weak and no amount of goalpost moving will alter that.

He wanted it because it gives a (small) benefit, and it's a benefit he as team leader has earned. It's the opposite of weak, it's the kind of thing Michael himself would demand with his famous attention to detail. I don't think that was the reason he asked for it in the first place, that was likely a perception issue (he has always had the lowest number as he has always been the best in every team he has been in) but if the situation in Singapore WAS the reason, it's time for Nico to stop being weak and demand what is rightfully his after three years together.

I don't think it's moving the goalposts to discuss why Michael had the lower number to begin with, it's pretty central. No one ran in Q3 so no one knows who had been faster, Nico was in the race (and indeed often is in Q3, he often pull out a bit extra in Q3) so it's not totally unlikely he would have gotten the better starting position if they had done proper laps.

#1682 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:40

I thought it was stupid, I have no time for superstitious nonsense. When they were both new then toss a coin as far as I am concerned. Anyway no-one should get a benefit from any number, its a car identifier and should never be used to place them.

The previous seasons results depict the car numbers. Nico was magnanimous in releasing the lower number to gramps Schumacher.

Qualifying position depicts who starts ahead.

#1683 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:47

The previous seasons results depict the car numbers. Nico was magnanimous in releasing the lower number to gramps.

Qualifying position depicts who starts ahead.

The team decide who gets what number as they please, if it was officially based on previous seasons results then the team would not have this choice. It may be 'traditional' to allocate it by results but other than number 1 numbers should mean nothing. In 2010 they literally meant nothing as both drivers were new. The TEAM agreed to give Michael the number not Nico, who has never said he agreed to it as far as I know.

Qualifying position should indeed always decide who starts ahead. That is my position.

#1684 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:56

The team decide who gets what number as they please, if it was officially based on previous seasons results then the team would not have this choice. It may be 'traditional' to allocate it by results but other than number 1 numbers should mean nothing. In 2010 they literally meant nothing as both drivers were new. The TEAM agreed to give Michael the number not Nico, who has never said he agreed to it as far as I know.

Qualifying position should indeed always decide who starts ahead. That is my position.

If this is so, then why did they require the FiA to sanction the number change?

No, as I understand, your stance was that Nico had stated that his (request for) the lower number would enable him to start ahead of his team-mate.

Edit:

#1685 Number62

Number62

• 494 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:08

"2y ago from F1Complete.com - Jan.25   Ross Brawn on Monday said Nico Rosberg agreed to relinquish his race number to Michael Schumacher."

#1686 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:11

Having re-read your statement:

I profusely apologise, I had the wrong end of the stick.

#1687 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:11

If this is so, then why did they require the FiA to sanction the number change?

No, as I understand, your stance was that Nico had stated that his (request for) the lower number would enable him to start ahead of his team-mate.

Edit:

They would have required the FIA to agree because, I assume, they had previously notified the FIA of the numbers the other way around. Which car the team numbers as 'first' is a wholly internal decision. And anyway that would only count for 2010 when there was no reason Nico had 'earned' it. For 2011 and 12 they would have given the FIA the right numbers at the beginning. To say Nico 'agreed' is purely speculative, as noone outside has access to team decision making. Clearly if he continues to be lucky and ends up ahead he will make an issue of it next year, should they be paired still.

As for stances, well he did say that. That is his stance. Mine is that I would prefer them not to use these numbers in that way as it is arbitrary and stupid, and a driver who has been outqualified in Q2 should not whine because he didn't get a free place he didnt deserve. In this case Michael deserved it more, thats indisputable really. There have been zero occasions when the number has provided an advantage to Michael, which is good as I would not like it if it did.

#1688 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:12

"2y ago from F1Complete.com - Jan.25   Ross Brawn on Monday said Nico Rosberg agreed to relinquish his race number to Michael Schumacher."

Thanks for the quote.

#1689 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:34

To be honest I am slightly disappointed with Nico Rosberg's performances this year : But I am still confused about whether Schumacher has lost enough speed for him to be slower than the likes of Hamilton / Alonso / Vettel (something we may not know for some time to come), but looking at 2010 and 2011 (for the most part), I was expecting Nico Rosberg to beat Schumacher pretty handily in 2012.

I am still not sure whether 2012 shows that Nico Rosberg is not 'fast enough' to be considered top drawer, or whether Schumacher is still as fast as anyone else on the grid which is why he is able to match and often beat Rosberg this year.

#1690 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:17

To be honest I am slightly disappointed with Nico Rosberg's performances this year : But I am still confused about whether Schumacher has lost enough speed for him to be slower than the likes of Hamilton / Alonso / Vettel (something we may not know for some time to come), but looking at 2010 and 2011 (for the most part), I was expecting Nico Rosberg to beat Schumacher pretty handily in 2012.

I am still not sure whether 2012 shows that Nico Rosberg is not 'fast enough' to be considered top drawer, or whether Schumacher is still as fast as anyone else on the grid which is why he is able to match and often beat Rosberg this year.

How can this make any sense? Assuming you are right, what happened tpo MS last year and the year before? He is older now, why he wasn´t fast enough to beat Nico? The ONLY explanation, altough many here don´t like it, is simple.

C´mon, it is just a matter of adapting to the car. The diff between top drivers (Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel and maybe someone in a not top car) and very good drivers (Nico, Michael, Perez, PdResta and some others) is way smaller than the dif. of a guy feeling confortable and extracting the most of the car to one who can´t do it. Some drivers have enough skill to drive and extract 100% of a car, no matter wich car is it and some do not.

Edited by MarcelBrDirani, 26 September 2012 - 12:17.

#1691 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 16:52

How can this make any sense? Assuming you are right, what happened tpo MS last year and the year before? He is older now, why he wasn´t fast enough to beat Nico? The ONLY explanation, altough many here don´t like it, is simple.

C´mon, it is just a matter of adapting to the car. The diff between top drivers (Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel and maybe someone in a not top car) and very good drivers (Nico, Michael, Perez, PdResta and some others) is way smaller than the dif. of a guy feeling confortable and extracting the most of the car to one who can´t do it. Some drivers have enough skill to drive and extract 100% of a car, no matter wich car is it and some do not.

Ironic that back in the day Michael Schumacher was lauded as being able to extract 110% from a dog car, now some are using the opposite argument to explain Michael's lack of performance vs Rosberg, almost every comment I read from his faithful fans derides the the car as a POS, so it should follow that this is an advantage for Schumacher relative to Rosberg not a disadvantage . Considering Schumacher's much touted ability to "ring the neck" of a bad car and extract everything it has to offer and more, he should be showing a clean set of heels to Rosberg at all times.
When you add up all the advantages Schumacher had at Ferrari and no longer enjoys at MB it becomes clear that these new circumstances are just to much for the old boy to deal with. No preferential treatment in the team, no tailor made tires, limited testing, no best car in the field, no special help from FIA ... now that Schumacher has to compete fair and square with a top flight driver it is abundantly clear that he was never as good as some might have us believe he was.
As the old saw goes "The older I get the faster I was"

#1692 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,881 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 17:38

Baddog, I think I've heard that MS asked for 'odd staring number' (that translates in reality to lower), probably because of some superstition/preference... Obviously, both the team and Nico obliged him, and that's that as far as I'm concerned. I can understand, that this time this funny rule worked in favour of faster driver on the day, but equally see a point that it might have worked against 'currently faster driver in the team' (Nico has outqualified MS more times than vice versa, so there would be some sense in assigning him lower number which would in such situations favour him over his teammate). BTW, I was stumped that MS started ahead of Nico because he had lower starting number, rather than faster time in preceding session. All that being said, I think his request was a bit childish and petulent- even if he might have a point (namely, that this rule might more often work against him, than for him), he should have not made it, esp. 'prompted' by situation in which the staring number rule worked OK...

SlateGray- you have a point, but it also needs to be said that MS was a dozen or so years younger back then, and this "wringing of necks" might have needed reflexes and predispositions of a younger man. As a Nico supporter, I'll say that this pairing with MS at his heyday might have shown a different result... Just because NR has a upper hand now, and is not burdened by all the controversies MS was, that doesn't necessarily mean MS wasn't more skilled driver...

#1693 schubacca

schubacca

• 799 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:11

It makes sense when you understand that, during MS's 3 year break, F1 cars changed from what he was used to.

#1694 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:24

It makes sense when you understand that, during MS's 3 year break, F1 cars changed from what he was used to.

Great drivers can adapt easilly, even from F3 260 HP to F1 1000 HP.

Great drivers can drive a rally car at the highest level after spending a few hours driving the new toy

#1695 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:35

Great drivers can adapt easilly, even from F3 260 HP to F1 1000 HP.

Great drivers can drive a rally car at the highest level after spending a few hours driving the new toy

Cant teach an old dog new tricks mate, but he can still be ****ing great at the old ones hence why as soon as the EBD was more or less gone he got a handle on Rosberg.

Oh and you're wrong about him not losing speed, but then you're wrong quite a lot. In fact maybe from now on we should all point out when you're right as that will be a lot less time consuming. :lol:

#1696 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 315 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:41

Cant teach an old dog new tricks mate, but he can still be ****ing great at the old ones hence why as soon as the EBD was more or less gone he got a handle on Rosberg.

Oh and you're wrong about him not losing speed, but then you're wrong quite a lot. In fact maybe from now on we should all point out when you're right as that will be a lot less time consuming. :lol:

:lol:

Completely agree. I love the way some people post on here as if they know anything about F1 or driving competitively when they know absolutely NOTHING!

#1697 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 19:28

...as soon as the EBD was more or less gone he got a handle on Rosberg.

em ... Schumacher has never and will never get a "handle on Rosberg" See the current points standings as well as points totals from 2011, 2010 for factual confirmation of this assertion. Perhaps if Schumacher is offered teamorders and tailor made tires, the best car in the field, FIA assistance... then maybe, currently Schumacher is no where close to getting "handle on Rosberg"

It would be interesting to compare and contrast the performance difference between Schumacher and Barrichello vs the performance difference between Rosberg and Schumacher. My gut is telling me that Rosberg is handling Schumacher in a much more dominate fasion then Schumacher managed with Barricallo. Keep in mind that Rosberg is handling Schumacher without the aforementioned team orders tailor made tires fastest car FIA assistance ..
I will look into the numbers when I get a moment.

#1698 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,716 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 20:37

There's no denying Schumacher has had better races compared to Nico in 2012 than any year previously. But I don't think that is Schumacher being much better in 2012 (logically, in theory he should get slightly worse for every year) - I think it has to do with Nico having a bit of a bad spell. Nicos race win for example shows he still has race speed, and Singapore most recently showed him performing genuinely better than Schumacher. He seem to be out of that bad spell.

Form actually fluctuates. Button and Massa are great examples this year, Sutil early last year could not get the FI to work for him. Kimi had issues with the front suspension one year at Ferrari. Drivers are not robots, performing exactly the same year after year regardless of track, car and environment. Based on their whole time together, my verdict is that Nico is slightly better. Doesn't mean Schumacher can't beat Rosberg in any given race!

I am sure Nico is convinced he's better, and I think it's time for him to assert himself as team leader, especially if Schumacher is about to retire again. Therefore I think it's right for him to demand the better number for next year, and it's certainly something Schumacher would do (and I think has done) as I said earlier. This attention to detail, professionalism if you will, is something Michael like no one else brought to the sport.

Edited by Henrik B, 26 September 2012 - 20:38.

#1699 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 22:52

em ... Schumacher has never and will never get a "handle on Rosberg"

Ignoring your silliness on this, Michael simply could not adapt to an EBD equipped car as well as others. THIS IS A FLAW IN HIM and Ill criticise him for is. His driving style is so based on the throttle that taking that flexibility away as the EBD does, he wasnt able to attain the consistency expected of him. This year he simply has done, and for all your blatherings about points he IS faster than Nico, and has been in the vast majority of sessions this year.

Advertisement

#1700 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 23:03

Ignoring your silliness on this, Michael simply could not adapt to an EBD equipped car as well as others. THIS IS A FLAW IN HIM and Ill criticise him for is. His driving style is so based on the throttle that taking that flexibility away as the EBD does, he wasnt able to attain the consistency expected of him. This year he simply has done, and for all your blatherings about points he IS faster than Nico, and has been in the vast majority of sessions this year.

I use the FIA's ruler for accuracy!
You seem to use some type of fantasy wishful thinking ruler