Photo

Rosberg v. Schumacher, 2012

• Please log in to reply
2151 replies to this topic

#201 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:38

I do not think that MS will be a better racer this season - most likely the difference between him and Nico will be bigger. I will stand corrected if needed but that is the way I expect the season to unfold.

No idea why people are stupid enough to expose their opinions just 3 days before the hard evidence starts ... :lol:

Advertisement

#202 repeatoffender

repeatoffender

• 81 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:00

So some people expect that the W03 to be good and it will only enhance the speed and results of NR and MS will not increase his performance!!!

Well, quite a few will have stand corrected during the course of this season than start complaining and give out frigging statements as MS is being favored by Merc, NR didnt get the right car, W03 is designed for MS, NR was held up/ called to pit deliberately and so on. We have heard this trash time and again when MS has outperformed NR and we all know the infamous MS haters and their statements. For once be good losers when it comes to losing.

#203 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:35

So some people expect that the W03 to be good and it will only enhance the speed and results of NR and MS will not increase his performance!!!

Well, quite a few will have stand corrected during the course of this season than start complaining and give out frigging statements as MS is being favored by Merc, NR didnt get the right car, W03 is designed for MS, NR was held up/ called to pit deliberately and so on. We have heard this trash time and again when MS has outperformed NR and we all know the infamous MS haters and their statements. For once be good losers when it comes to losing.

MSC-supporters don´t stand out in this regard either. ;)

Edited by LiJu914, 13 March 2012 - 10:40.

#204 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:54

I have to disagree. Even though there were glimpses of brilliance here and there, the biggest surprise for me was MS´s lack of being able to cope not having the fastest car and having to fight for positions. In the last two seasons he probably crashed more often than in the previous 15 seasons.

I do not think that MS will be a better racer this season - most likely the difference between him and Nico will be bigger. I will stand corrected if needed but that is the way I expect the season to unfold.

:lol:

No shit sherlock.

Also I don't see how you brought this point up: where do I mention a big surprise? It's not a surprise to me that Schumacher still has his racecraft.

:drunk: :cool:

#205 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 552 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:55

No idea why people are stupid enough to expose their opinions just 3 days before the hard evidence starts ... :lol:

No idea why people would make a worthless post, randomly insulting another user, on this thread...

Edited by Rikhart, 13 March 2012 - 10:57.

#206 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:59

Bookmarked this.

:cool:

#207 BRK

BRK

• 3,474 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 23:19

I have some time to answer Mastah now.
First, when he say "I am genetically superior." , I think he mean monkeys. :rotfl:

Dude, are you kidding? That's actually quite insulting....to monkeys.

#208 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,152 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 23:34

Like Schumacher said: I don't care about outscoring.

I want us to be regular podium challengers/ challenging for wins.

Only then I care about who is outscoring.

This si what I have written several months ago; his benchmark is not Nico (despite many claims by posters to the contrary). His benchmark is RBR (Vettel). Once he will stand on the podium, than he will check who is ahead of him. I think that's a sign of champion's mind-set.

#209 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:11

This si what I have written several months ago; his benchmark is not Nico (despite many claims by posters to the contrary). His benchmark is RBR (Vettel). Once he will stand on the podium, than he will check who is ahead of him. I think that's a sign of champion's mind-set.

:up:

#210 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,069 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:52

Schumacher 0.5s faster than Rosberg. I call for Retirement Mall to come and pick the young German up for a tour :')

Just kidding of course, but the Merc seems to be working reasonably well at turn-in. A bit light, but it goes quite well!

#211 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:25

We don't know weight of both but Schumacher did his best time less than minute later than Nico's.

Hope this keeps up in qualifying :)

#212 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:27

I think this Merc has sharp turn in- and will suit Schum.

#213 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:50

Second, with the long post 142, every quote of mine was right, because he can't prove otherwise. He don't have data to back his words.

I am sure that both drivers have different set ups(this mean different car) - this mean at least one setting(from 10000 settings), hardware(brake disk, brake pads, springs) on the cars were different.
I clearly remember Ross saying in one race that MS car was more set up for race ,where Nico car was more set up for Q. And this is not surprise - we have cases where MS did't run at all in Q3 even when he get there. So, what is the point to have compromised set up ,if he know than he will not run in Q3????
Nico then run in Q3, so he most likely have compromised set up to have better Q3 result. So, I prove they run different strategy. Monza, also different Q strategy , but reversed.

NO! You are presenting theory (Schumi is slower in qualifying because blah blah blah) so it is you who have to prove your theory is right. But you can't prove it's right, because FACTS states otherwise:

Abu Dhabi: Q1 - 1.5s, Q2 - 1.1s, Q3 - 0.9s

You were saying reasons for this huge difference are because they were on different set-ups, strategy and other silly stuff.

Race - FL - 0.9s, Nico was 23.6 seconds faster at the end, 39:9 for Nico in faster laps

Nico dominated Schumi both in qualifying and in race. Results on the track proved your theories were wrong, yet you still don't want to admit that. OK, then Ross Brawn, Nico's and Schumi's boss said TWICE:

“In qualifying, he really can get the most out of the car. Nico comes closer to its limits,”

http://www.f1zone.ne...alifying/12571/

"Nico just seems to have more of an intuitive ability to get the most out of the tyres on one lap." "At the moment Michael hasn't understood how he can get that. In the races, where it's a more consistent process, there's nothing to tell between the two of them."

http://www.guardian....cedes-interview

Truth right in our faces and what are you doing? You are saying Ross Brawn, Mercedes team principal is wrong and you know better than him FFS :rolleyes:.

Monza, also different Q strategy , but reversed.

No shit Sherlock. Who would have thought Nico on primes and Schumi on options in Q3 were on different TYRE strategy for RACE? BTW. How can you explain Nico was 3 tenths faster in Q2, when according to your fancy theories he was on some different strategy for the race, so natural thing would be seeing Schumi faster in quali? He was not. Again, results on the track prove you are wrong.

Also if he think that raw difference between them is 0,3 sec, so then in the cases when MS was 1 sec slower this have to be attributed to the car differences, set up and tyres management. As me said.
About tyre management even babies(that are not superior to the monkeys) back then know that when you push more you finish tyres quickly. Also when you not push them hard, you save them. As me said.

Again, NO. It was rhetorical figure in question to Ross. He didn't say the difference between them was 3 tenths. Also he didn't say he lost any speed whatsoever. Ross said maybe Schumi won't find missing tenths to Nico.

For the final time:

"Nico just seems to have more of an intuitive ability to get the most out of the tyres on one lap." "At the moment Michael hasn't understood how he can get that. In the races, where it's a more consistent process, there's nothing to tell between the two of them."

Keep searching for excuses in La La Land, because you can't accept that truth is very simple.

#214 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:15

I think only you in the whole planet could "interpret" it that way. :down:

The whole context of what he's saying is about MSCXROS. It's obvious the comparison in fast corners is between 42 years old Schumacher and his team mate. Just use some logic, how would Ross be able to measure that Schumacher is even faster now than prime Schumacher was in fast corners?? How would he know what prime Schumacher would be able to do in such a corner when everything is different?

You can't even compare somebody telemetry from morning and afternoon in a testing session with exact same cars/tires because the conditions(rubber on track, temperature.....) change considerably.

When Schumacher drove in a certain corner for a qualifying session in 2006, it had a different temperatures, track grip, very different grooved tires from "tire war" era which had special compounds, the cars are completely different and so on.

THere is just NO WAY to compare any driver now and his old self to know, ACCURATELLY, who is faster. That's why the discussion, of how much 42 years old Schumacher is slower than on his prime, is endless.

The only logical comparison Ross can be making is regarding 42 years old Schumacher and Nico Rosberg because they drive the same spec car, with same tires, on roughly same conditions.

The only possible thing Ross Brawn was claiming, was that Schumacher is "often the same or even faster", than Nico, on fast corners.

But I know why you read it the other way. Everybody, Mastah, wants to claim now that nowadays Schumacher is often the same or even faster than prime Schumacher, so prime Schumacher would be beaten by an even bigger margin.

"If Michael were feathering the throttle in fast corners and not confident about his ability to deal with it, you'd say, well, clearly, you can see it's slipping away from him. But you don't see that – in fact often he's the same or even quicker in the fast corners."

The same... the same... When you are comparing two drivers do you say "the same"? "Lewis is the same as Fernando" (speaking about their driving skills, speed, whatever) or "Lewis is equal to Fernando"? I don't know. At least for me in this context it refers to the past, e.g. "2012 Kimi is the same Kimi".

Edited by Mastah, 16 March 2012 - 04:16.

#215 baddog

baddog

• 23,043 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:28

How about stop yabbering about last year and watch this year? This is the 2012 thread.

#216 emburmak

emburmak

• 2,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:54

How about stop yabbering about last year and watch this year? This is the 2012 thread.

AMEN! :cool:

#217 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:34

Rosberg is nowhere compared to Schumacher. Over 2 secs slower on intermediates. This is awkward !!!

#218 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:37

Rosberg is nowhere compared to Schumacher. Over 2 secs slower on intermediates. This is awkward !!!

Nico will be there, don't worry. But things are looking up for Mercedes...glad for both drivers!

#219 exmayol

exmayol

• 547 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:39

Nico will be there, don't worry. But things are looking up for Mercedes...glad for both drivers!

This!

Advertisement

#220 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:51

ridiculous comment when talking about FP1

#221 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:58

It's practice. The only thing that matters is that the car looks at least decent.

#222 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:02

FP2 Schumi fastest.

#223 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:11

OMG, Schumacher 3 seconds quicker than his teammate, normal service resumed!!!11

#224 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:12

ridiculous comment when talking about FP1

They were both on intermediates, I think its fair to say that when the track is wet - Rosberg is nowhere close to Schumacher. It was sublime to see Schumacher immediately on the pace in the wet. No other driver managed that - they all needed time. Hats off to Schumacher. Irvine should just fish off!!!!

#225 rog

rog

• 906 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:17

Schumachers used DRS all the time while Rosberg didn't. They drove a different program today.

#226 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:19

I'm a huge MSC fan - but some of the comments here are embarassing (they are just as bad as the anti-s here) - it's FREE PRACTICE guys - they 2 drivers will have different programs..

Edited by Raelene, 16 March 2012 - 07:19.

#227 jals99

jals99

• 776 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:21

OMG, Schumacher 3 seconds quicker than his teammate, normal service resumed!!!11

Rosberg should be fired immediately :lol:

#228 baddog

baddog

• 23,043 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:23

I'm a huge MSC fan - but some of the comments here are embarassing (they are just as bad as the anti-s here) - it's FREE PRACTICE guys - they 2 drivers will have different programs..

Im choosing to regard the silly comments as ironic jokes about the equivalent remarks every time the situation is reversed..

#229 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24

Im choosing to regard the silly comments as ironic jokes about the equivalent remarks every time the situation is reversed..

I know...I tried explaining that to them, but unless you put it nicely and not bluntly...they get very upset

#230 Pizdek

Pizdek

• 291 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:33

omg wft are you saying????

Nico will owned MS tomorow.

#231 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:36

????

are you trying to say Nico will be owned by MS or Nico will own MS

#232 Pizdek

Pizdek

• 291 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:38

hahah my english really needs further lessons.

Ofc, I meant Nico will be ahead.

#233 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,819 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:45

MS will co-own it with Nico :p

#234 sharo

sharo

• 1,751 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:50

Didn't watch FP1 but in FP2 I think Nico was doing hi fuel runs while Michael was working for speed.

#235 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,529 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:00

Didn't watch FP1 but in FP2 I think Nico was doing hi fuel runs while Michael was working for speed.

Yes, NR has hinted at that.

#236 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:03

the best thing actually is the trolls will stay away for a day at least ;)

Edited by Raelene, 16 March 2012 - 09:03.

#237 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:05

Yeah, not much of a case of Rosberg vs Schumacher but solid team work, as it should be. It would be more interesting to compare Rosberg's stint to Hamiltons, Buttons or Vettels. Does anyone have complete laptimes of FP2?

#238 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,423 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:53

:up: completely agree. Even if some of the comments are satire of posts criticising Michael, they could easily come back to bite if the race weekend doesn't live up to Friday practise. And in any case while I hope Michael outperforms Nico as I am a Schumi fan, I also really admire Nico and think he's a very good driver, and don't see any need to knock him. He's beaten Schumi on merit the past 2 years imo, and I like to see him do well.

All that said, the times from the 2 practise sessions are a very nice way to start the season!!

#239 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 17:16

Again, NO. It was rhetorical figure in question to Ross. He didn't say the difference between them was 3 tenths. Also he didn't say he lost any speed whatsoever. Ross said maybe Schumi won't find missing tenths to Nico.

Yes he say: "Ross Brawn is pondering a little matter of three-tenths of a second, representing the average margin conceded by the 42-year-old former champion to his Mercedes team-mate, the 26-year-old Nico Rosberg, throughout last year's qualifying sessions."

Please sit and read the article again, and not only the parts you like.
http://www.guardian....cedes-interview

We don't need anyone to tell us about this 0,3 sec, many people and sites calculated this difference to be around 0,35 sec , so 0,3 is very plausible. Bigger difference than that was because other factors.

Edited by ivand911, 16 March 2012 - 17:24.

Advertisement

#240 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 20:36

Schumachers used DRS all the time while Rosberg didn't. They drove a different program today.

I think that is true for FP2 but their best times on FP1 seemed to be done under similar conditions.

omg wft are you saying????

Nico will owned MS tomorow.

I agree. Schumacher was 8 tenths faster, in FP1, on sector with high speed corners while Nico was 3 tenths faster on sector with low speed ones. They will share telemetry, Nico will copy what Schumi does in high speed corners and roughly match his time there, Schumi won't be able to reproduce what Nico does in low speed ones and the gap will be usual 3 or 4 tenths. ):

#241 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,529 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 20:46

This is so lame. The team had 40 minutes of running and a program to go through. The two drivers were on totally different programs. Trying to extrapolate times pro and contra is getting a little boring, and only serving your differing agendas. So at least stop the BS for now, and wait until tomorrow 8.00 am. Than you can go back to bashing your corresponding driver. There is nothing anybody can conclude from the 2 FP's apart from the fact that the car is behaving like an F1 car should, and nothing has happened that is post-worthy in this thread.

Edited by Szoelloe, 16 March 2012 - 20:48.

#242 tommyhjortasen

tommyhjortasen

• 587 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 21:02

Nico have to prove himself this year, how many race is it now whitout a win, 107?

If he wants himself to be considered by other teams it´s time now.

#243 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 21:13

If Nico can maintain the advantage he's had til now then this could be a very good year for him, although not primarily a Nico or Merc fan I'll be very interested in seeing how this season pans out for them !

#244 Elloh

Elloh

• 292 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 21:24

Nico have to prove himself this year, how many race is it now whitout a win, 107?

A little bit hard to win in a Williams those 4 seasons or a Mercedes that is only distanced 4th best car. But he managed to get podiums in both teams. If Mercedes has closed in the gap this year can be the year.

#245 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,399 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 23:56

It's been a while since I've posted. But although I'm a huge Schumi fan I just want the car to be FAST. And by fast I mean within 3 tenths of the top two teams. If that is accomplished I can look forward to an exciting season where my hero AND Nico can have chances to shake up the standings and give us races to remember.

#246 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,406 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 00:58

I want it to be up there too but I'm expecting the RBR and McLaren cars to be waaaay ahead of anyone else.

#247 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 13,436 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:49

I think beating Schumacher year-after-year has earned him a good amount of respect.

Nico is where he is because this is a team that won the championship just a few years ago and he wants to be there if they can repeat that success. I dont think he sees Mercedes as a stepping stone.

#248 Paco

Paco

• 1,031 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:20

I think beating Schumacher year-after-year has earned him a good amount of respect.

Nico is where he is because this is a team that won the championship just a few years ago and he wants to be there if they can repeat that success. I dont think he sees Mercedes as a stepping stone.

I'm not so sure about that... Poor guy is damn if he does as some would say "that's expected" and REALLY damned if he doesn't as some would say "he can't even beat MS 2.0 old fart".

He's still only as good as what he does this year.. if he doesn't beat MS straight out like year 1 .. or continues his Sat. dominance but weak Sunday.. then he'll not be seen as much more then capable.. and MS beats him this year.. won't be long before we stop hearing about him.

#249 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 552 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:07

Bam, britney.

#250 Sof1

Sof1

• 590 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:14

Yeah, go Schumi!