Photo

Otto Stone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 00:27

Having just imported a pre-war MG 6 cylinder supercharged car from the UK.
Got me thinking about Otto Stone,his racing life,MG K3,Porsche spyder,work with Stan Jones ,his garage and latter life when he spent time with Mr Hunt and his cars (Maserati 300S and the Lago Talbot T26)
Photos?
History?

Advertisement

#2 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 22:44

A bit disappointing no-one's added to this thread

The Australian friend who sent me this pic says "listening to my father's conversations with motoring associates, three names were constantly mentioned in almost reverential terms - Charlie Dean, Phil Irving and Otto Stone."

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Otto in later years, trying to get Reg Hunt's 300S Maserati started for a historic race at Sandown Park

#3 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 22:55

A bit disappointing no-one's added to this thread

The Australian friend who sent me this pic says "listening to my father's conversations with motoring associates, three names were constantly mentioned in almost reverential terms - Charlie Dean, Phil Irving and Otto Stone."

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Otto in later years, trying to get Reg Hunt's 300S Maserati started for a historic race at Sandown Park

If you think of all the men and whom they aided in motor racing then perhaps Brabham racing would not have been WC's in '66 and '67.
And Stan Jones his NZ GP,AGP and Gold Star might not have happened?
There is a great deal that can be added as my opening lines suggest.
The K3,Stan Jones,his business,John Sawyer,250F and his latter years working on the Hunt collection.