• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolbo

Wolbo

• 12,507 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 21:26

If you edit your own post a message appears below your text:

This post has been edited by Wolbo: Today, 22:04

Is it possible to program the forum to prevent this message from appearing if you edit your post within say 1 minute from posting? I regularly correct typos just after posting and the post just looks cleaner without this message. Not a biggie but it would be a nice improvement.

Advertisement

#2 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 21:33

Yes, that bugs me as well since I too make too many mistakes. However, I tried to use Preview button before posting, which helped me to eliminate edit notes. I do support for a Preview button for Fast Reply, though. It can be messy when one uses Fast Reply.

#3 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 00:06

If you're the most recent post you can just copy it, delete it, and repost with the corrections. I wouldn't recommend it in a fast moving thread though, because it may look out of place in the 15 seconds or so it took you to update.

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,773 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:37

As I recall this was raised before, when the board software changed from vBulletin to Invision. I believe vBulletin has an admin-configurable "silent edit" period of up to 15 minutes - as does PHP - but IP doesn't offer that option at all.

#5 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,170 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 22:56

Ross's solution sounds like a good one. :up:

On the other hand, V2's post made me all nostalgic, so he wins. :p