Photo

TNFer ties the knot and comes to England on honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:03

On the 11th of August 2003 Alexey Rogachev started the The Cup of Peace and Friendship Thread, I'm sure I am not alone in thinking this is one of the most fascinating of all TNF threads.

A couple of weeks ago Alexey was asking about how to get to Donington Museum and last week I contacted him to see if I could offer him a lift to spare him the horrendous expense of our equally horrendous public transport system. As usual a little serendipity came into play and I was planning to be in London during the duration of his visit and have arranged to meet him at Harrow & Wealdstone Tube Station at 10:06 am on Monday.

This morning along with a response to an e-mail Alexey (completely unnecessarily) apologised for his tardy response saying that he had just got married to Mary and will be bringing his new wife with him.

I'm sure you will want to join me in congratulating Alexey.

It's late notice, but if anybody would like to join us at Donington Museum somewhere between Midday and 1pm on Monday I'm sure we can find somewhere to hold a TNF toast to the happy couple.

Advertisement

#2 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:48

I'm sure you will want to join me in congratulating Alexey.
It's late notice, but if anybody would like to join us at Donington Museum somewhere between Midday and 1pm on Monday I'm sure we can find somewhere to hold a TNF toast to the happy couple.

Indeed, congratulations to Alexey and Mary. Pat and I would be happy to join you at Donington on Monday, Ralph.

#3 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 977 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:30

:clap:

#4 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:59

Indeed, congratulations to Alexey and Mary. Pat and I would be happy to join you at Donington on Monday, Ralph.

Glad you can make it at such notice Alan :-)

#5 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,992 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:07

Dammit, at work on Monday.

#6 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:22

Dammit, at work on Monday.

Sorry Monday was the only day I could fit the visit to Donington in Robin :(

#7 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 23:22

Affraid I am working Monday delivering around Manchester :cry: . If I had been down Loughboro` or Leicester I would have popped in for my regular cuppa :smoking: . Hope the visitors enjoy themselves :love: and pass on my best wishes please :up: . Cheers, Keith M :wave: .

#8 Dennis Hockenbury

Dennis Hockenbury

• 669 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 00:27

While it is not possible for me to be there, I certainly extend my heartfelt congratulations to Alexey and Mary. All the best.

#9 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,812 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:37

:up:

#10 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,704 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 17:38

While it is not possible for me to be there, I certainly extend my heartfelt congratulations to Alexey and Mary. All the best.

Ditto

Enjoy your visit

#11 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 20:26

I am sure with Alan their a decent photo will follow :-)

#12 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,507 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 19:29

I will be there.

#13 MCS

MCS

• 4,700 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 20:58

Enjoy your day out - as I am sure you will - and many congratulations Alexey and Mary!!

Edited by MCS, 30 January 2012 - 09:58.

#14 Simon Arron

Simon Arron

• 2,489 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:24

As luck would have it, there are valid reasons for me to be in the Midlands today. I shall do some plotting over a bowl of Special K...

#15 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 17:17

Posted Image
Watch out behind you!! The select gathering which assembled at the Donington Collection today to welcome Alexey and his new bride, Maria, both of whom it was a pleasure to meet.
L-R: Simon Arron, Roger Clark, Maria and Alexey Rogachev, Arttidesco (Ralph Colmar), Alan and Pat Cox, while Tazio Nuvolari whistles by in the background.
Ralph performed heroically in meeting Alexey and Maria at Harrow tube station at 10 o'clock this morning and brought them to Donington before returning them to London to embark on the next stage of their honeymoon which involves flying to Paris tomorrow. Alexey seemed a little overwhelmed with the array of treasures on display in the museum.

#16 Paul Hurdsfield

Paul Hurdsfield

• 9,282 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 17:57

A nice gathering, and congrats to the Happy couple :wave:

#17 CiroMenotti

CiroMenotti

• 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 18:31

It does look a nice gathering.
I am confident that Pat knows the Russian for "Are you sure?".

#18 alansart

alansart

• 4,420 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 19:03

It sounds like a good day and congratulations to all concerned :)

I met my wife at Donington, so the place has happy memories for me (apart from binning the PRS at Red Gate).

#19 Option1

Option1

• 14,892 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 21:24

A nice gathering, and congrats to the Happy couple :wave:

+1. Well said Paul.

Neil

Advertisement

#20 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 21:54

Hear hear. Congratulations to Maria and Alexey, and well done everyone else, especially Ralph. :clap:

#21 Simon Arron

Simon Arron

• 2,489 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 21:56

If you aren't moved during a lap of the museum, there's a reasonable chance that your soul needs to be booked in for a service...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 23:24

Just got home from an unbelievably long day, it was an absolute pleasure meeting Maria & Alexey and taking them to Donington where we met Alan, Pat, Peter, & Simon. Enjoyed a gander at the ever changing collection of vehicles we enjoyed lunch and a photo opportunity as seen a above. Alexey waa most touched to recieve a small collection of prints featuring Damon Hill. Afterwards we headed back via Silverstone where we caught a glimpse of 'tbe wing'. Thanks to everyone who contributed to a honeymoon day that I hope Alexey and Maria will remember. :wave:

#23 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:46

Posted Image
Watch out behind you!! The select gathering which assembled at the Donington Collection today to welcome Alexey and his new bride, Maria, both of whom it was a pleasure to meet.
L-R: Simon Arron, Roger Clark, Maria and Alexey Rogachev, Arttidesco (Ralph Colmar), Alan and Pat Cox, while Tazio Nuvolari whistles by in the background.
Ralph performed heroically in meeting Alexey and Maria at Harrow tube station at 10 o'clock this morning and brought them to Donington before returning them to London to embark on the next stage of their honeymoon which involves flying to Paris tomorrow. Alexey seemed a little overwhelmed with the array of treasures on display in the museum.

Congratulations to the newlyweds Alexey and Mary!

#24 BRG

BRG

• 25,949 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:43

Congratulations to the newlyweds Alexey and Mary!

Yes indeed, very many congratulations and good wishes, and I am glad that they didn't have to use the bus to get to Donington as I originally suggested! :blush:

A fine display of forum solidarity, well done to those who managed to get to Donington yesterday.

#25 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:58

Wasn't Roger there, Ralph? And who is Peter? :lol:

#26 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,863 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:03

Wasn't Roger there, Ralph?

It struck me a reversal of the norm, Barry. Mr Clark is more often present than photographed. In this case, he was photographed but apparently not present!

Congratulations to Alexey and Maria.

#27 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:54

:rotfl:

#28 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 23:36

Apologiese to Roger who was there, I did say it had been an incredibly long day, family commitments either side of my time with Alexey and 'MARY' clouded my hard drive last night :blush: