Photo

'50s, '60s & '70s articles added to www.yesterdaysneuz.com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 19:20

As you may know, I have created a website dedicated to my fathers photos, audio tapes, race tape, videos and so many other things from his collection. Everything on the website is racing memorabilia that my father has collected through the years.

I have just added the first of 8 scrapbooks that my father put together. The first one, Volume 1, was newspaper clippings from drivers that died doing what they love. The range from unknown drivers from short tracks to some of the most famous on the most famous tracks. In all, this first scrapbook is 232 images. I wrote the date that my father had put on the newspaper article. That may not necessarily be the day the driver died.
If you see any misidentified articles please let me know. I am doing the best i can!

The website is www.yesterdaysneuz.com

The new page is http://www.yesterday...scrapbooks.html

I am currently transfering reel to reel tape audio tapes from the 60's, 70's and 80's! There are about 75 races recorded in all. My father placed his reel-to reel recorder near the tv and recorded the races! Remember, back then we didn't have VCR's or DVD recorders. I'm very excited about sharing these so I will hurry as quick as i can.

Remember, this life long project is a labor of love that I am doing by myself, as time permits. So if you visit the website, then return a month later and don't see any changes, please be patient as it seems like every night I am doing something behind the scenes on it. Please share with others this site. It is dedicated to all my fathers memorabilia and I am just trying to show others and to keep the glory days of racing alive.
You can also LIKE my facebook page as I try to keep updating it when I can.

Thank you,
Rob Neuzel

Advertisement

#2 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 20:10

Here are a few newspaper clippings I have added to my website: www.yesterdaysneuz.com.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,469 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 23:14

I truly admire your efforts, Rob, and love the new look of your site as well. :up:

Please keep us posted.