Photo

Racing a 3.8 Mk 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doc knutsen

doc knutsen

• 734 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:53

With work on the Alfa GTA replica started at last, we have another project looming: Building a racing Mk 2 3.8 Jaguar, along the lines of the 1963 ETC winning Lindner/Noecker car. I should be built for FIA Period F Historic racing, and it will hardly be a winner against the Cortina Lotus hordes of the period...but it would be a great sentimental project to build and race one.
However...we shall need a FIA HTP in order to be able to run this car over here in Scandinavia. Does anybody know where I might get hold of the appropriate FIA homologation form for this car?

Advertisement

#2 Jagracer

Jagracer

• 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 16:13

With work on the Alfa GTA replica started at last, we have another project looming: Building a racing Mk 2 3.8 Jaguar, along the lines of the 1963 ETC winning Lindner/Noecker car. I should be built for FIA Period F Historic racing, and it will hardly be a winner against the Cortina Lotus hordes of the period...but it would be a great sentimental project to build and race one.
However...we shall need a FIA HTP in order to be able to run this car over here in Scandinavia. Does anybody know where I might get hold of the appropriate FIA homologation form for this car?

Hi My Name is Phil Bradford & I am a Jaguar man & I build classic racing Jaguar saloons , have been working on them since I was 12 & I am now 67 so know just a little bit about them.
I have been involved with the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club Racing series, & I would think your best form of information would come from Mr Terry Dye who runs the JEC racing section of the club his telephone no. is 01453 842399, you will find him very helpful & full of knowledge.
If you should need any tips re building your MK 2 please don't hesitate to get in touch, you can reach me on 07711725044 at anytime

Kindest regards Phil Bradford

#3 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,400 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 16:54

And watch out for marauding Austin A40s...

#4 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 17:52

It might be worth asking the same question to the active historic racers over on Ten-Tenths