Photo

F1 Team Manager Five Season Challenge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nustang70

Nustang70

• 2,439 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:21

I've had this idea rattling around in my head for a long time to organize a fantasy team manager game that is limited to the existing field; each player manages one of the 12 F1 teams and they all bid and fight for the same 12 technical directors and 24 drivers.

Essentially, I see it running something like this:

-You start with a certain budget (based on your team's 2011 Constructor's Championship position. You use that budget to place bids on one technical director and two drivers. If you lose any of those bids, you enter into new bids for the positions you haven't filled. Based on whatever funds you have left, you determine how much of it you want to spend on Research and Development for you car design. Any funds leftover can be carried over to the next season.

-The game will be based or set values for technical directors and drivers. Technical directors will have a multiplier effect on your R&D budget to affect the total design score for you car. Drivers will also have a skill value which will add to your total competitive score for each driver/car combo. Similar to real life, none of you will be privy to the actual, objective values for any of the technical directors or drivers. You'll just have to assess their value based on their results.

-You choose whether you want your car design to be conservative or radical. You also get to choose conservative and risky strategies for each driver for each race. I'll use a virtual die to determine whether aggressive designs or race strategies succeed or backfire. I might also throw in randomizers for DNFs and rain.

-At the end of the season, you'll be awarded funding for the following season based on your Constructor's Championship position, and we do it again. I'd like to run it for five seasons and see how each team does. Obviously, if you start with Ferrari or Mclaren, your goal would be to win as many championships as possible over the 5 seasons. But if you've got one of the smaller outfits, your goal will be to drag it up the grid.

So, PM me if you want to play, and include a few team requests if you have them. Please be willing to accept a team that you haven't requested, if the need arises. I imagine we'll just carry the whole thing on over PM, unless spectators would like to see how the seasons unfold.

Cheers,
Nustang70