Photo

German GP 2012 Hockenheim

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,019 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:09

Looking at going this year with a group of friends. Plan is to drive from uk and camp for 2 nights. Tickets are looking like around £200 for full weekend in covered grandstand on f1.com. Thinking trying to get a view of hairpin and following corners would be best as it's where thr most action is usually.

Any advice welcome!

Advertisement

#2 KmR

KmR

• 38 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 00:32

I don't know the Mercedes Grandstand but judging from pictures I've seen so far it looks quite a good stand. I will be on Sud H. It's quite good because you can still see the podium and you have most of the grid in front of you which is pretty nice as the breaks between the sessions are usually long on an F1 weekend so you are still somehow entertained. At least on race day. A good spot to take pictures is Sud D because there you have the cars almost at the same level so no pulpit view (which you have from Sud H).

#3 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:57

Hello dear compatriots
I'm train hopping with the fam this summer (two adult and two kids 4 and 8) and would like to see the Hockenheim race.
Any advice as the best places to stay and how far from the track etc?
It seem that the weekend tickets are a better deal, but being with the kids we might just go for the race or qual and race. Depending on how far we stay from the track.. kids and stuff, toilet etc.

Places to stay? B&Bs near by how far is everything from everything else etc. We will be arriving from Berlin.
Any one of you guys are familiar with the area personally?
Any help much obliged

Edited by Darrenj, 08 April 2012 - 10:58.

#4 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 19:56

Hockenhiem 2012 with the kids
Hello
Any advice for what the wife and kids can do around the Hockenhiem Circuit whilst I watch the morning practice and after lunch qualifying....

#5 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 17:59

Will be going to hockenheim this year and have tickets Fri-Sun at Sud Tribune C, middle section row 10.
Anyone with experience from this stand? Good spot? :)

#6 iainw

iainw

• 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:11

Hello
Any advice for what the wife and kids can do around the Hockenhiem Circuit whilst I watch the morning practice and after lunch qualifying....

Don't know how old the kids are but Hockenheim is a town and it's about 15 minutes walk through residential streets to the town centre where you'll find the usual array of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Being a German town there are playground type facilities doted all over the place. Unfortunately, for you, the two local sports facilities near the track are turned into campsites for the weekend.

Will be going to hockenheim this year and have tickets Fri-Sun at Sud Tribune C, middle section row 10.
Anyone with experience from this stand? Good spot? :)

SudTribune C is an excellent stand. If you find empty seats higher up even better, but row 10 will be fine.

Edited by iainw, 13 July 2012 - 01:12.

#7 funformula

funformula

• 515 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:52

Hello

Wife and kids may have fun swimming in the Aquadrome.
Their website is www.aquadrom-hockenheim.de

#8 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 13:55

And we are off to Hockenheim! ;)