Front brake ID

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bsracer

bsracer

• 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:10

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone can ID this front brake on ebay. I know the seller, but I don't think it's Honda. Thought someone here would know.

thanx paul

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

Advertisement

#2 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:40

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone can ID this front brake on ebay. I know the seller, but I don't think it's Honda. Thought someone here would know.

thanx paul

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

The reward facing air scoop should make the ID straightforward but the info seems not to be readily available out there. My guess would be a variation on the CR72/77 stopper.

#3 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 18:52

The reward facing air scoop should make the ID straightforward but the info seems not to be readily available out there. My guess would be a variation on the CR72/77 stopper.

Rearward facing, Russ ??

First sight I thought a touch of the Cerianis !

:confused:

#4 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 19:05

Rearward facing, Russ ??

First sight I thought a touch of the Cerianis !

:confused:

Ah, my newly acquired two handed typing style lets me down again. I immediately thought Ceriani, Larry, but I can't find a pic resembling this one. The two scoops/vents are unusual ?

#5 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 19:32

Interestingly the bearing housings and the brake cam pivots have lubrication nipples which tends to suggest a road brake. However it does look like it's made for racing.

Are there no casting marks on any component?

There is something about it that doesn't look Japanese, like the bonded in screens and thye shape of the lubrication nipples.

Could it be Eastern European? CZ/Jawa even?

The brake hub seems to have the liners riveted with copper rivets which can be seen from the inside and outside which seems an odd feature.

#6 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 19:50

The brake hub certainly looks CB72/CB77 with lots of extra holes popped into it. The speedo drive has been kept as a bearing retainer. Is it possible the brake plate is CR72/77 as the arms and pivots have the Honda look to them.

#7 bsracer

bsracer

• 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:36

The brake hub certainly looks CB72/CB77 with lots of extra holes popped into it. The speedo drive has been kept as a bearing retainer. Is it possible the brake plate is CR72/77 as the arms and pivots have the Honda look to them.

But of all the photos of Honda brakes I can find, none have the air scoops squared off. The Honda's are more half moon shaped and rounded. This has an Italian look. Did the Japanese ever knock off Italian Brakes?

paul

Edited by bsracer, 28 February 2012 - 04:38.