Delayed delivery of Autosport to Germany

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 15:54

Hello

Autosport (Haymarket) has changed the distribution (starting with the issue 23 February 2012) for Europe, or at least for Germany.
I was used to SATURDAY delivery of the Magazine in Germany, but now even on Monday nothing..

Does any other subscriber have the same expiriences , not only in Germany .
The Magazine (in paperform) makes no sense, when delivered 5 days later than in UK...?

Best regards Michael

Advertisement

#2 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 16:14

There's a discussion here about it Tuboscocca. http://forums.autosp...howtopic=116614
Actually, you have been doing very well, mine arrives 25 or 26 days after issue. I was hoping for the February 2nd issue today but did not arrive. The last issue I am in receipt of is January 26th.
I'm in the Canaries.

#3 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 16:29

There's a discussion here about it Tuboscocca. http://forums.autosp...howtopic=116614
Actually, you have been doing very well, mine arrives 25 or 26 days after issue. I was hoping for the February 2nd issue today but did not arrive. The last issue I am in receipt of is January 26th.
I'm in the Canaries.

Milestone 11--thank you. I know this 'old' discussion!! But here we have , at least in some European countries, a new situation.
It was really fine in Germany ,Belgium , Netherlands..
But Haymarket chose to change the distribution company..and we are at a point ,which was years , many years ago...
Nevertheless thanks Michael

#4 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 18:15

:clap: Well I'm not complaining at the change of distributor. Today, I have received via Royal Mail, my 23rd February issue, I still await two issues that presumably are still in the Deutsche Post DHL system. I expect, which is the norm, the issue 9th Feb this week and 16th Feb next week, so from this neck of the woods, it's a big thank you Autosport.
To digress a little. I have made a decision, many months ago, to not purchase anything from the UK that is likely to be shipped by DHL, they are, apart from being very slow, crooks.
If I send to the UK for any item which is then delivered by via Royal Mail, it's generally a week to ten days and the postman brings it. Job done! Via DHL, it's generally four to five weeks and delivered by a carrier who demands 27% extra over of the goods value as an administration fee. So thanks Autosport, I'm free of DHL completely now.
I shall be monitoring the Autosport delivery carefully over the coming weeks, whilst keeping this forum updated. After all, I (we) are all quick enough to complain. :up:

#5 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:59

:clap: Well I'm not complaining at the change of distributor. Today, I have received via Royal Mail, my 23rd February issue, I still await two issues that presumably are still in the Deutsche Post DHL system. I expect, which is the norm, the issue 9th Feb this week and 16th Feb next week, so from this neck of the woods, it's a big thank you Autosport.
To digress a little. I have made a decision, many months ago, to not purchase anything from the UK that is likely to be shipped by DHL, they are, apart from being very slow, crooks.
If I send to the UK for any item which is then delivered by via Royal Mail, it's generally a week to ten days and the postman brings it. Job done! Via DHL, it's generally four to five weeks and delivered by a carrier who demands 27% extra over of the goods value as an administration fee. So thanks Autosport, I'm free of DHL completely now.
I shall be monitoring the Autosport delivery carefully over the coming weeks, whilst keeping this forum updated. After all, I (we) are all quick enough to complain. :up:

Milestone 11--Congratulations..at least one person who has an advantage...
We in Germany in Belgium are still 'suffering' it arrives on Wednesday!! So Autosport has to look in this immediately...
Very best regards Michael

#6 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:37

Im in the UK and haven't had my copy from last week yet!?

#7 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 402 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 14:13

My copy of last week's issue arrived today (in Germany), highly annoying! Hope normal service (i.e. getting it on Friday or Saturday) resumes pretty soon!

#8 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 15:44

My copy of last week's issue arrived today (in Germany), highly annoying! Hope normal service (i.e. getting it on Friday or Saturday) resumes pretty soon!

Rene

it's all the same in Germany WEDNESDAY..

If you like Some background , pm me...

Michael

#9 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 15:47

Im in the UK and haven't had my copy from last week yet!?

Hacklerf

that's unacceptable!! I sometimes think (!!) that they want to go FULLY to digital, so saving the whole distribution..??
Maybe I'm malicious??

Michael

#10 JimFosterAutosport

JimFosterAutosport
  • Former digital product manager

• 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 14:51

Hi guys

Thanks for the thread.

I will pass your thoughts onto our colleagues in Print Subscriptions and get their feedback.

And no, we're absolutely not going fully digital - print is massively important to us!

J

#11 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 15:23

Hi guys

Thanks for the thread.

I will pass your thoughts onto our colleagues in Print Subscriptions and get their feedback.

And no, we're absolutely not going fully digital - print is massively important to us!

J

Jim --thank you!! Hope it is SOON back to normal!!

And VERY glad to hear that print is important (for me too!!)

Best rgards Michael

#12 JimFosterAutosport

JimFosterAutosport

• 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 17:27

Hi guys

This is the response from our print subscriptions department:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the delivery of your subscriptions – we’re sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay at the moment. As you are aware we have moved our overseas distribution of subscription copies from DHL to Air Business following their decision to withdraw overseas wrapping and distribution services for the UK magazine market. We are working closely with Air Business to ensure that the transition runs as smoothly as possible, but if you are experiencing delays outside of your usual delivery time you should register any issues with our customer service team so that this can be investigated. Please contact us at Autosport@servicehelpline.co.uk or call +44 (0)1795 592 972

Hope that helps!

Jim

#13 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 19:21

In the Netherlands it's gone from bad to worse. I sent this to Autosport:

Dear sir, madam,

This week I received a letter concerning the renewal of my subscription. This coincided with the fact that, for the fourth time in five weeks, my copy did not arrive in time (or at all). In the last month 1 copy came on tuesday, 1 on thursday (7 days after its appearance), 2 after more than a week and one went missing. Some have now been delivered twice as there were also backups.

Although the magazine is still superb, I am seriously considering my options. A subscription is a lot of money and I want to be sure it will be well spent. Before renewing I would like you to seriously look into the matter. Where does this go wrong and, more importantly, what can be done about it? Last summer when you had an inquiry about delivery the magazine was almost always delivered on Saturday, so what has changed since then?

I also ask you to send a backup of the march 22 issue.

This was the answer I got:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Autosport magazine.

Please accept my apologies for the delivery problems you are experiencing. Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure the delivery of Autosport magazine is delivered in a timely manner and as close to the UK on-sale date as possible.

We are currently in the process of transferring to a new distributor, Air Business, following DHL withdrawing from the overseas magazine fulfilment market. Whilst we are largely experiencing a very smooth transfer, we have received reports of some problems with delivery of magazines in certain territories which are currently being investigated by our distribution account team at Air Business.

We are filtering all of the delivery queries through to Air Business to check the routing and see what can be done to improve delivery times.

Please continue to contact us at Autosport@servicehelpline.co.uk advising the arrival date of your future issues for us to continually monitor delivery in conjunction with Air Business.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience during this transition period.

Well, my patience is running out. Subscribing to Autosport now feels like throwing away a lot of money. :evil:
My subscription runs out in may. If nothing is changed to improve it very soon, I fear it's over and out after twenty years. :(

Edited by webmeesterB, 23 March 2012 - 19:23.

#14 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:30

Something great just happened: I received my Autosport in time! :clap:
Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Reconsidering my options, hopeful but not fully reassured yet.

#15 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 21:53

Good to hear that...in Germany still nothing new..

By which method was the magazine delivered in NL??

Regards Michael

#16 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 20:34

Good to hear that...in Germany still nothing new..

By which method was the magazine delivered in NL??

Regards Michael

Magazine was packed in plastic as usual, the leaf in front of it shows it was sent by air mail via:
Air Business-NL
4 The Merlin Centre
Acrewood Way
St Albans
Herts
AL4 0JY

It was delivered by TNT Post (formerly National postoffice known as PTT and later KPN Post). Hope this is not just a lucky shot.

I'll keep you informed for the next couple of weeks. I've decided not te renew my subscription before I'm sure normal service is resumed.

Greetings, Bernard

Edited by webmeesterB, 25 March 2012 - 20:39.

#17 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:13

My delight has been short lived. As of this morning, the most recent Autosport that I am in receipt of is the issue from 23rd of February. Nothing has changed. I see that some are getting the delivery in a plastic sleeve, mine are being sent in an A3 brown jiffy bag which of course won't go into the post box. If I happen not to be in when the postman arrives, due to it's size, he will leave me instead a form telling me to collect from the post office which involves standing in a queue for an hour, great fun eh!. Considering that what I am waiting for is likely to be at least one month old news, I wonder if there is any point in renewing my subscription which is also due in May.
It's good at least that Jim Foster will at least reply to this thread, unlike whoever is responsible for replying to other complaints, i.e. "Server too Busy". One would expect, as a matter of common courtesy, a reply of some description would be forthcoming, even if it was to tell us to get stuffed. The sheer arrogance at ignoring the ongoing situation beggar's belief.

#18 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:36

Magazine was packed in plastic as usual, the leaf in front of it shows it was sent by air mail via:
Air Business-NL
4 The Merlin Centre
Acrewood Way
St Albans
Herts
AL4 0JY

It was delivered by TNT Post (formerly National postoffice known as PTT and later KPN Post). Hope this is not just a lucky shot.

I'll keep you informed for the next couple of weeks. I've decided not te renew my subscription before I'm sure normal service is resumed.

Greetings, Bernard

Bernard thank you!!

Hope it stays Saturday for you!!

Michael

#19 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 402 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 13:44

Here an update on the AUTOSPORT arrival dates at my postal address in Germany from the last few weeks:

Publication date: Arrival date:
8 Mar (Thu) 15 Mar (Thu)
15 Mar (Thu) 22 Mar (Thu)
22 Mar (Thu) 27 Mar (Tue)

Was very pleased to find last week's issue in my P.O. box today already, but still a far cry from delivery on Friday (the day, not the week after publication, that is!), like it used to be...

But I remain optimistic!

Advertisement

#20 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 16:27

Two issues today. 1st March and 8th March.
Oddly, the 1st March issue, was sent Royal Mail with an undelivered address in the UK, Hertfordshire. The 8th March issue has a Spanish Correos franking with a return address of Madrid.

Edited by milestone 11, 27 March 2012 - 16:27.

#21 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 18:56

Here an update on the AUTOSPORT arrival dates at my postal address in Germany from the last few weeks:

Publication date: Arrival date:
8 Mar (Thu) 15 Mar (Thu)
15 Mar (Thu) 22 Mar (Thu)
22 Mar (Thu) 27 Mar (Tue)

Was very pleased to find last week's issue in my P.O. box today already, but still a far cry from delivery on Friday (the day, not the week after publication, that is!), like it used to be...

But I remain optimistic!

Thanks Rene, mine was too in the letterbox today...but heard of another one in South Germany who received nothing today..

BTW Friday was an exception for me, mostly Saturdays.. I'm living in Munich, are you nearer to Aachen/Cologne??

Regards Michael

#22 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 402 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 20:42

Thanks Rene, mine was too in the letterbox today...but heard of another one in South Germany who received nothing today..

BTW Friday was an exception for me, mostly Saturdays.. I'm living in Munich, are you nearer to Aachen/Cologne??

Regards Michael

Yes, I am in Kevelaer am Niederrhein, so quite close to Aachen/Cologne, and to the Dutch border (IIRC, they were all sent from The Netherlands. Maybe it also helps my nationality is Dutch...)

#23 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 19:32

Berhard and TODAY (31. March) arrived??

curious Michael

#24 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 20:15

Berhard and TODAY (31. March) arrived??

curious Michael

:( I fear I was just lucky last week. Nothing came this weekend.
Any luck in Germany?

Greetings, Bernard

Edited by webmeesterB, 01 April 2012 - 20:16.

#25 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:37

:( I fear I was just lucky last week. Nothing came this weekend.
Any luck in Germany?

Greetings, Bernard

Poor Berhard...

Last week we had it on TUESDAY (but I'll think this was just luck--no improvement)

ANNOYING!!

Regards Michael

#26 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 15:19

Just for the record

Autosport 29 March 2012 arrived in Germany 03 April 2012...

regards Michael

#27 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:02

Just for the record

Autosport 29 March 2012 arrived in Germany 03 April 2012...

regards Michael

Autosport 29 March 2012 still has not arrived on the 4th of April.... :down:
That's no renewal of my subscription in May :evil:

Greetings, Bernard

Edited by webmeesterB, 04 April 2012 - 15:03.

#28 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:37

Well tomorrow, I shall be waiting for 15th, 22nd and 29th March as well as the 5th April. Should I renew my subscription?

#29 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:56

Well tomorrow, I shall be waiting for 15th, 22nd and 29th March as well as the 5th April. Should I renew my subscription?

That's always your own decision.
I hope the situation will be solved, because I have read Autosport since the late eighties and have always liked it.
But spending money on undelivered magazines is not something I like.

I contacted Autosport today and they have added one free magazine to my subscription.
That's very nice and I appreciate it, but what I really want is to read my magazine on paper (yes, I might be old-fashioned) in time.

Wishing you a lot of wisdom and quickly delivered Autosports,

Bernard

#30 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 21:46

That's always your own decision.
I hope the situation will be solved, because I have read Autosport since the late eighties and have always liked it.
But spending money on undelivered magazines is not something I like.

I contacted Autosport today and they have added one free magazine to my subscription.
That's very nice and I appreciate it, but what I really want is to read my magazine on paper (yes, I might be old-fashioned) in time.

Wishing you a lot of wisdom and quickly delivered Autosports,

Bernard

Dear Bernard

..adding ONE free magazine?? Are they joking??? Haymarket caused all the trouble, and then giving one magazine....I can only appreciate what you said on 'old fashioned' behaviours to read a PRINTED magazine..
And wisdom is always good--but in this case I'll think professionalism would be a good first step!!

Regards Michael

#31 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:17

My March 29 magazine arrived on April 6.

Regards, Bernard

#32 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:40

My April 5 magazine arrived on April 7.

Regards, Bernard

#33 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:03

My April 5 magazine arrived on April 7.

Regards, Bernard

Great, again Airbusiness from UK??

Michael

#34 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 15:55

Great, again Airbusiness from UK??

Michael

Yes, any luck in Germany?

Bernard

#35 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:15

Yes, any luck in Germany?

Bernard

OH--NO!!!

That will be , I fear , a longer struggle--but I can't understand it...WE are the customers!!!
Happy Easter (with snow in Munich!!)

Michael

#36 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:21

Update

Autosport of 5 April Thursday 12 April in Germany...

But I like 'historic' racing...

Michael

#37 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00

Issue 15th March arrived yesterday, 12th April. If now four weeks delivery is to be the norm, then I surely won't be renewing my subscription. Things have clearly got worse.

#38 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30

Issue 15th March arrived yesterday, 12th April. If now four weeks delivery is to be the norm, then I surely won't be renewing my subscription. Things have clearly got worse.

Milestone you should switch to (monthly) Motorsport??
In your case (they have won) a digital subscription would be better...
I see no real progress here..

Regards Michael

#39 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,394 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 13:36

After weeks of delayed delivery - last week's issue (05 April) arrived just two days ago (12 April) - I got this week's issue (12 April) today (Saturday, 14 April) which is pretty usual - and acceptable - in northern Germany.

Advertisement

#40 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 13:41

After weeks of delayed delivery - last week's issue (05 April) arrived just two days ago (12 April) - I got this week's issue (12 April) today (Saturday, 14 April) which is pretty usual - and acceptable - in northern Germany.

Rewind

the same here in Munich...12 April was delivered on 14 April..

HOPE it stays and not just a 'lucky punch'..

Michael

#41 webmeesterB

webmeesterB

• 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 18:01

Rewind

Michael

And in the Netherlands.... 12 April delivered on 14 April....

Supporting your hope...

Bernard

Edited by webmeesterB, 15 April 2012 - 18:02.

#42 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:10

Issue 22nd March arrived this morning 17th April. Twenty six days in the post, incredible how consistent the deliveries are, 23-27 days, where the hell do these magazines go for this time?

#43 JimFosterAutosport

JimFosterAutosport

• 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 15:33

Rewind

Michael

Dear all

Please see the new thread I have posted about all this with a new statement from my print subs colleagues on the situation.

Many thanks

Jim