Photo

2012 Jenson vs Lewis scorecard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4041 replies to this topic

#451 PistonHead

PistonHead

• 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 13:38

For me, beating Button this season is going to be the biggest challenge of Hamilton's career - I feel he's an even more formidable opponent than Alonso was in '07. Sure, Fernando's peak performance might be slightly higher than Jenson's, but with the current regulations, and with a super fast, well-balanced car (which only seems to amplify Button's talents, as shown in the first half of '09), Jenson is extremely quick.

Add in the fact that he's probably even less error-prone than Alonso, and unlikely to suffer from any self-destructive paranoia if his team-mate beats him, means that Lewis is going have to have to hit the bullseye with his performances pretty much week-in, week-out to beat him this season.

Advertisement

#452 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 13:45

I think if Lewis wasnt aware Jenson really is on top of his form, he probably is now. I expected some racing between them but was suprised to see Jenson running away and keep the distance at whatever lenght he wanted. Also, when he really needed to put his foot down like at that restart, he was gone. Mclaren should be lucky to have a strong driver pairing like this. Id trade Button in for Massa in a heartbeat.;)

#453 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 13:50

Jensen may be the better driver, but Hamilton will very regularly be superior in qualifying because of his size advantage. With Hamilton's physique, he will always have the better COG of car and driver for a solid tenth or two in qualifying. Button seems to always make it back up somehow in race though.

#454 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,652 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:08

somewhere over the past 2 seasons, mclaren over compensated with driver equality, and since this day button has had the upper hand, his strategy and race setup is always better than Lewis and their Race engineers are polar opposites. it seems mclaren expect Lewis to solve his problems all on his own while they will support Jenson when needed.

#455 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:10

Sounds good.
What would that rule be?

The fact that neither you nor Hammibal have come up with a suggestion points to it not being all that easy - not if you want to be fair to both drivers.
I'm not saying it's impossible - just that writing 'this is rubbish' without suggesting something better doesn't advance the discussion.

I think its ridiculous when Lewis's tyres have gone he has too drive around seconds slower then other cars around him because it wouldnt be fair to Jenson, its not a tactical decision to undercut Jenson its a matter of necessity. I remember one race last year when Jenson was directly in front of Lewis and Jenson was called in to pit but didnt go in until the lap after, Lewis's tyres were completely shot and he lost 2 or 3 places on the track before he pitted, i'm sure when other drivers feel their tyres have gone they come in as soon as possible

#456 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,905 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:10

Jensen may be the better driver, but Hamilton will very regularly be superior in qualifying because of his size advantage. With Hamilton's physique, he will always have the better COG of car and driver for a solid tenth or two in qualifying. Button seems to always make it back up somehow in race though.

Haha, that's a new one, Hamilton only outqualifies Button because he's slightly lighter (about 3kg if I remember correctly). That you quantify that as being worth a full 1-2 tenths per laps is amazing.

Maybe the more likely explanation is that Hamilton is 1-2 tenths faster, all else being equal on a balls out flying lap, but with fuel race fuel on delicate tyres, both drivers need to rein in that pace.

#457 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:12

somewhere over the past 2 seasons, mclaren over compensated with driver equality, and since this day button has had the upper hand, his strategy and race setup is always better than Lewis and their Race engineers are polar opposites. it seems mclaren expect Lewis to solve his problems all on his own while they will support Jenson when needed.

Its not even just that.

Previous years, Lewis would win a race and button come somewhere like 6th, Martin would gush, yeah Lewis won from the front, but lets not forget Button, we let him down but he came back with a marvoulous performance, this happened again and again. Where button would get more of a mention even when Lewis won.

Today, not really a mention of Lewis just Button.

As you say, Martin needs to look at his equality situation, causes its anything but.

#458 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:14

I think its ridiculous when Lewis's tyres have gone he has too drive around seconds slower then other cars around him because it wouldnt be fair to Jenson, its not a tactical decision to undercut Jenson its a matter of necessity. I remember one race last year when Jenson was directly in front of Lewis and Jenson was called in to pit but didnt go in until the lap after, Lewis's tyres were completely shot and he lost 2 or 3 places on the track before he pitted, i'm sure when other drivers feel their tyres have gone they come in as soon as possible

Agree, we need explanation from McLaren as it happens to often.

If he wears tyres more then alter his strategy to suit, don't give him one that hangs him out to dry.

#459 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:16

If he wears tyres more then alter his strategy to suit, don't give him one that hangs him out to dry.

Im glad you guys worked it out for Lewis why he was slower.;)

Advertisement

#460 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,156 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:21

It would be interesting to have a bit more information, such as...

1) How much fuel was being saved by Jenson and Lewis in the first stint. It's very likely that Jenson was doing quite a bit of saving once he established his 3-4 second gap, since he knows the Safety Car is always likely to appear at Albert Park. The safety car period was quite long so it probably wasn't all that necessary, but it could have been.

2) Why did Lewis take so long to pass Perez, who was on old tyres? Was he being conservative because he wanted to make sure he finished? Considering Lewis is VERY good at this sort of thing I was quite surprised he lost so much time behind the Mexican.

3) Would pitting on lap 15 instead of lap 17 have made much of a difference for Lewis? He probably would have been stuck behind Perez anyway, but he wouldn't have had that dreadful lap 16 (1:36.403). It likely would have required him to run the Prime tyres for the next two stints (which he did anyway) but at the time they had no way of knowing that would be the preferred strategy.

#461 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:28

3) Would pitting on lap 15 instead of lap 17 have made much of a difference for Lewis? He probably would have been stuck behind Perez anyway, but he wouldn't have had that dreadful lap 16 (1:36.403). It likely would have required him to run the Prime tyres for the next two stints (which he did anyway) but at the time they had no way of knowing that would be the preferred strategy.

Very unlikely.
Timing

#462 muramasa

muramasa

• 3,058 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:32

pointed out by some people already, but

lap	   JB				 LH
10	1:33.767 [1]	  1:33.471 [2]	+0.296 	-3.677 		1
11	1:33.985 [1]	  1:33.617 [2]	+0.368 	-3.309 		2
12	1:33.628 [1]	  1:33.732 [2]	-0.104 	-3.413 		  10 	
13	1:33.970 [1]	  1:33.881 [2]	+0.089 	-3.324 		3
14	1:34.164 [1]	  1:34.255 [2]	-0.091 	-3.415		11 	
15	1:34.645 [1]	  1:34.730 [2]	-0.085 	-3.500 		  12 	
16	1:54.021 PIT[2]   1:36.403 [1]	+17.618 	+14.118 		4
17	1:39.358 [1]	  1:55.417 PIT[2]

it's extremely difficult, or impossible, to tell LH's tyres is shot or not.
his pace drop on lap 16 was quite unexpected. In hindsight one can say they shudve pitted LH earlier, but it wasnt easy and they are teammate so cannot pit at the same lap unless far bigger gap bw them.
it's just tough luck, just few more seconds and LH wouldve returned in front of Perez, but you dont race alone, so.

#463 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:34

It was luck and luck alone that turned 2nd into 3rd. Everything else is clutching at straws. The team know how long they need the tyres to last, and quite frankly, so do the drivers. If any driver has ad-hoc extra tyre stops it will screw the whole race - if he couldn't get the life out of that set, how is he going to make up the defecit later in the race?

No it wasnt, he lost time at his first stop, if he had pitted earlier the SC would have had no effect

If the number 2 (on track) driver isn't a threat to the number 1 then that would make perfect sense.
I think it's more difficult if there is a potential threat though. The gap today was 3.5 seconds when Lewis might have chosen to pit. How close do they have to be before the second driver doesn't get to choose? Or should it not matter?
As long as they're consistent - so both drivers feel the system is fair - they can go either way.

It favours Jenson though when he's in front because he's better on the tyres, he basically can control Lewis's race for better or for worse

Without that safety car I shudder to think how far ahead Button would have got - that safety car saved Hamilton a lot of humiliation.
I've got to say based on today Button will be getting his 2nd title this season.

Button is maturing in to a great driver - I'm not comparing him to Senna but Senna didn't start winning titles till he was in his late twenties and early thirties, just like Button is now. It just shows that you can grow in to a great driver, it doesn't all have to come record breaking early like it has with Vettel and Co.

Very impressed with Button today and if I'm honest, sadly let down by Hamilton - I really hope he does better next race and this result doesn't knock his confidence because as Button has shown that car is monster and it can deliver incredible race pace to match the quali pace.

Jenson was only 3 seconds in front before the first stops

That's exactly how i see it.. and from a WDC point of view the driver ahead with his Race engineer can damage more the other driver staying out few more laps(even if he loses time) just to ensure other cars will jump the guy behind after the pit.
It's a very dangerous policy.

This in effect could be whats happening, Jenson delaying his pitstop last season had a big detrimental effect on Lewis's race

#464 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:35

It favours Jenson though when he's in front because he's better on the tyres, he basically can control Lewis's race for better or for worse

It favours Lewis though because he's generally quicker in qualifying.

Your turn. :D

#465 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,652 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:40

just think, did mclaren bring in the central control point for both drivers?no, they did it for button.

#466 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:46

That makes no sense

pointed out by some people already, but

lap	   JB				 LH
10	1:33.767 [1]	  1:33.471 [2]	+0.296 	-3.677 		1
11	1:33.985 [1]	  1:33.617 [2]	+0.368 	-3.309 		2
12	1:33.628 [1]	  1:33.732 [2]	-0.104 	-3.413 		  10 	
13	1:33.970 [1]	  1:33.881 [2]	+0.089 	-3.324 		3
14	1:34.164 [1]	  1:34.255 [2]	-0.091 	-3.415		11 	
15	1:34.645 [1]	  1:34.730 [2]	-0.085 	-3.500 		  12 	
16	1:54.021 PIT[2]   1:36.403 [1]	+17.618 	+14.118 		4
17	1:39.358 [1]	  1:55.417 PIT[2]

it's extremely difficult, or impossible, to tell LH's tyres is shot or not.
his pace drop on lap 16 was quite unexpected. In hindsight one can say they shudve pitted LH earlier, but it wasnt easy and they are teammate so cannot pit at the same lap unless far bigger gap bw them.
it's just tough luck, just few more seconds and LH wouldve returned in front of Perez, but you dont race alone, so.

As you can see Jenson felt the tyres had gone and pitted whilst Lewis hit the cliffe, Webber pitted 3 laps before Lewis with no detriment to his race, Lewis got hung out to dry

#467 ermo

ermo

• 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:02

I think if Lewis wasnt aware Jenson really is on top of his form, he probably is now. I expected some racing between them but was suprised to see Jenson running away and keep the distance at whatever lenght he wanted. Also, when he really needed to put his foot down like at that restart, he was gone. Mclaren should be lucky to have a strong driver pairing like this. Id trade Button in for Massa in a heartbeat.;)

Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso in the same team? Now that would be a dream driver pairing, though I suspect that Ferdy would be in for a surprise when he learns just how competent Jenson Button is both on and off the track (I base this on the fact that he tends to consistently not rate Jenson in the interviews he gives). In contrast, Fernando has a very healthy respect for Lewis Hamilton and in fact considers him his main rival (he mentions only losing 5 points to the favourites and 10 to Button, and Hamilton got 15 points while Alonso got 10).

It's just speculation (and as a Jenson fan I'm obviously biased), but maybe there's also the issue that Jenson is actually genuninely better than Lewis at some crucial skills that spill over into the racing situation, such as the way he carries himself inside the team and in the media, how he tends to generate trust and respect in his relationship to the team and his side of the garage, how he is generally loyal and low maintenance (he has a stated policy of staying out of the stewards office by simply not crashing into other cars**)? Lewis has tended to lash out at his team in the media, which is something we haven't seen Jenson do very much while he's been @McLaren IIRC. There's also the fact that Jenson is generally praised for his ability to set up his car and for his ability to understand how to make a strategy work (such as when to push, when to save fuel, how to drive in such a way as to make his tyres last, when to overtake/lap cleanly, being able to understand and react appropriately to changes in strategy during the race).

So all in all, it's not hard to understand why Lewis rates Jenson as the best team mate he has ever had, even if Jenson is ultimately a tenth or two off Hamilton's absolute pace in qualifying. As Jenson said when he joined McLaren: "It's not all about speed". Perhaps the "smiling assasin" moniker is not as far fetched as it would seem at first glance...

**: I'm not saying that Lewis crashes into other cars on purpose, mind you!

EDIT: Add link to Ross Brawn's remarks about JB and LH

Edited by ermo, 18 March 2012 - 15:18.

#468 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:08

Very unlikely.
Timing

Unbelivable how the team screwed him. And it's not the first time. Idiots.

#469 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:10

It favours Lewis though because he's generally quicker in qualifying.

Your turn. :D

Lewis being in front doesnt ruin Jenson's race and qualifying is a set procedure of the race not the team, i'm not talking of Lewis being prevented from beating Jenson, its not good for Lewis when the strategy means that Lewis loses places to rival drivers

#470 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:11

Unbelivable how the team screwed him. And it's not the first time. Idiots.

The thing is - it's possible to look at the timing, see that if he'd pitted a couple of laps earlier he would have had a better result and yet still not believe anything untoward or incompetent went on.
I guess it's less fun though.

#471 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:11

So pretty easy call for the scorecard.

Qualifying - Hamilton - 1

Race - Button - 1

Edited by Watkins74, 18 March 2012 - 15:12.

#472 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:17

Lewis being in front doesnt ruin Jenson's race and qualifying is a set procedure of the race not the team, i'm not talking of Lewis being prevented from beating Jenson, its not good for Lewis when the strategy means that Lewis loses places to rival drivers

Until you come up with a credible solution to who pits when, that's fair to both drivers, this is a waste of time.
Bauss came up with something that I more or less agreed with from memory more or less that the second on track should pit when they want if the other's race isn't compromised by that (I'm pretty sure that's already the case) - but what happens when they're running close together is more problematical.
I agree a 1-3 isn't as good for the team as a 1-2...the problem is that Button's half would see a 1-3 as better than a 1-2 with LH being the '1'. Just imagine: if JB had been the one behind, had pitted first to avoid Perez and as a result gone on to win...there would be uproar here. No?

Edited by trogggy, 18 March 2012 - 15:18.

#473 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:29

The thing is - it's possible to look at the timing, see that if he'd pitted a couple of laps earlier he would have had a better result and yet still not believe anything untoward or incompetent went on.
I guess it's less fun though.

The problem is that the same thing has been happening over the past 2 seasons, Hamilton gets pitted at the wrong time and that compromises his race, Button gets pitted perfectly and that gets him a better reasult.

#474 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:37

AWESOME :)

Jenson out front and controlling the race.

#475 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:38

The problem is that the same thing has been happening over the past 2 seasons, Hamilton gets pitted at the wrong time and that compromises his race, Button gets pitted perfectly and that gets him a better reasult.

If LH threatens JB in the points expect him to have 'hydraulic problems' for a couple of races.
You read it here first.  ;)

#476 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,274 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:45

The scorecard!

What? No cash?!!

#477 onewingedangel

onewingedangel

• 914 posts

There have been just as many times when pit strategy has helped Hamilton and hindered Button. It's the type of thing that levels out over time.

#478 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Until you come up with a credible solution to who pits when, that's fair to both drivers, this is a waste of time.
Bauss came up with something that I more or less agreed with from memory more or less that the second on track should pit when they want if the other's race isn't compromised by that (I'm pretty sure that's already the case) - but what happens when they're running close together is more problematical.
I agree a 1-3 isn't as good for the team as a 1-2...the problem is that Button's half would see a 1-3 as better than a 1-2 with LH being the '1'. Just imagine: if JB had been the one behind, had pitted first to avoid Perez and as a result gone on to win...there would be uproar here. No?

The problem i have is that Vettel was catching the both of them a few laps before they pitted so obviously tyres were starting too become an issue, looking at the lap times Jenson's tyres were crying enough so he pitted whilst Lewis hit the cliff, Lewis cant manage the tyres like Jenson so he basically was left out too dry not having any say whatsoever when he can pit because of tyre problems

#479 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:46

There have been just as many times when pit strategy has helped Hamilton and hindered Button. It's the type of thing that levels out over time.

Examples?

Advertisement

#480 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:47

You need to rum me through those times

#481 Masenco

Masenco

• 819 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:48

Just re-watched the race, I have been over-reacting.
This time, I was watching the gaps in front and behind Hamilton very carefully throughout the race.

He was pretty much matching Jenson all the way throughout the race apart from the ends of the stints where he lost about a second or two each time (bar the late pitstop).

Jenson does seem to be able to manage his tyres better, but if Lewis keeps on out-performing him in qualifying and can manage the gap, then Lewis will get the pit call and therefore Jensons tyre management with neutralise as he'll have to pit a lap later anyway (unless Lewis builds a far enough gap so that they can pit both on the same lap).

Should be a very exciting season!

#482 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:49

The problem i have is that Vettel was catching the both of them a few laps before they pitted so obviously tyres were starting too become an issue, looking at the lap times Jenson's tyres were crying enough so he pitted whilst Lewis hit the cliff, Lewis cant manage the tyres like Jenson so he basically was left out too dry not having any say whatsoever when he can pit because of tyre problems

I understand what you're saying. I can see the problem. Honestly.
But, but, but... you won't say how they should judge it.

If the situation was reversed and JB passed LH on the undercut do you think people here would be saying 'Good tactics from Mac, a 1-2's more important than Lewis winning'?

#483 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:49

If they pitted Button on lap 15 and Hamilton on lap 16 there would be no problems. It's the same thing as last year in China. Pitting Button one lap earlier doesn't comromise either race.

#484 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:50

I understand what you're saying. I can see the problem. Honestly.
But, but, but... you won't say how they should judge it.

If the situation was reversed and JB passed LH on the undercut do you think people here would be saying 'Good tactics from Mac, a 1-2's more important than Lewis winning'?

It allready happened in 2010.

#485 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:51

If they pitted Button on lap 15 and Hamilton on lap 16 there would be no problems. It's the same thing as last year in China. Pitting Button one lap earlier doesn't comromise either race.

Of course it does. Sheesh.

It allready happened in 2010.

It did?
And did you say 'Good work from Mac there'?

Edited by trogggy, 18 March 2012 - 15:52.

#486 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:52

If you look at the laptimes and the times of degradation you can see that they are being managed pretty similar, only this time lewis was made to wait whilst Jenson was able to change his.

#487 robefc

robefc

• 8,020 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:56

Just re-watched the race, I have been over-reacting.
This time, I was watching the gaps in front and behind Hamilton very carefully throughout the race.

He was pretty much matching Jenson all the way throughout the race apart from the ends of the stints where he lost about a second or two each time (bar the late pitstop).

Jenson does seem to be able to manage his tyres better, but if Lewis keeps on out-performing him in qualifying and can manage the gap, then Lewis will get the pit call and therefore Jensons tyre management with neutralise as he'll have to pit a lap later anyway (unless Lewis builds a far enough gap so that they can pit both on the same lap).

Should be a very exciting season!

What about jenson building a 3 sec plus lead at the start?

And, not a fair comparison because jb had clear air, but I'm not sure lewis could have matched jb's pace post SC

I'm a tad worried, actually very worried, what happened was basically my biggest fear in the event of macca having a top car, I just hope post race they can see some sort of explanation.

Edited by robefc, 18 March 2012 - 15:57.

#488 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 15:58

Of course it does. Sheesh.

It did?
And did you say 'Good work from Mac there'?

Nope because they didn't bring Hamilton in 1 lap later as they should have.

#489 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:00

Nope because they didn't bring Hamilton in 1 lap later as they should have.

No, I didn't think so.

#490 Slackbladder

Slackbladder

• 1,168 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:00

I think theres a bit of over-reacting doom and gloom on Lewis's performance. Whilst Jenson was clearly on top, the level in difference was only really marginal. Without the Safety Car gifting Vettel a pit stop and P2, then Lewis could well have been second, which is due to the mis-slip at the start.

If Lewis had got to the first corner first, then the race could well have been Lewis first, and Jenson 3rd. The difference today being small margins.

What however should be a worry to Lewis is if Jenson can keep up with him in qualifing. If the Macs are better in that area, then Jenson's weakness in the past, that of getting consistent top qualiy places is largely negated.

For me personally I'm marginally more of a Lewis fan than Jenson, but certainly a huge Jenson fan as well, so if the season is those two at the top, then it's all good.

#491 TeamMacca

TeamMacca

• 534 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:01

Just watched the team celebrations on the BBC, wow did you see Lewis's face?

Forced smile and he looked like it was the end of the world, its all in the eyes.

He still got a podium, man he is too hard on himself.

#492 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:02

No, I didn't think so.

Why can't you simply admit, that Hamilton isn't getting the correct startegy calls.

#493 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:03

Why can't you simply admit, that Hamilton isn't getting the correct startegy calls.

I admit his startegy was sub-par today - how's that? :D

#494 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:05

Just watched the team celebrations on the BBC, wow did you see Lewis's face?

Forced smile and he looked like it was the end of the world, its all in the eyes.

He still got a podium, man he is too hard on himself.

I don't think its the 3rd place thats upsetting him....

Its again being let down

#495 robefc

robefc

• 8,020 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:05

My suggestion would be this, if the guy running 2nd is struggling with his tires and clearly losing time not just to his teammate but the rest of the pack, and the lead driver is not pitting, let him pit.

Seems like a strategy worth exploring.

There would either have to be a minimum gap where that was implemented (to avoid the undercut) or lead driver is told if he doesn't pit other guy will...or i guess there could be some sort of agreement where any advantage give is later reciprocated (doubtful).

Don't get me wrong, as a lewis fan i'd much prefer something like this as their respective styles means he's more likely to lose out when running second...and if jb is clever he might very well run a lap or two longer than optmal to hurt lewis.

But i can see the logic and simplicity of a black and white rule, much as i don't like it. And i have a certain comfort that when lewis is ahead he's less vulnerable to jb than he would be otherwise.

Edited by robefc, 18 March 2012 - 16:07.

#496 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:06

Don't get me wrong, as a lewis fan i'd much prefer something like this as their respective styles means he's more likely to lose out when running second...and if jb is clever he might very well run a lap or two longer than optmal to hurt lewis.

This thought has occured to me aswell. McLaren need to stop being rigid, it doesn't work.

#497 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:07

I admit his startegy was sub-par today - how's that? :D

So why are we having these argument.
The simple truth is that pitting both drivers one lap earlier gives the team a much better resault.

#498 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:07

So why are we having these argument.
The simple truth is that pitting both drivers one lap earlier gives the team a much better resault.

Read it again.

Too subtle. :(

#499 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:14

Read it again.

Too subtle. :(

What should I read againe? Pitting Button on lap 15 and Hamilton on lap 16 doesn't compromise either race.

Advertisement

#500 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,247 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 16:14

What should I read againe? Pitting Button on lap 15 and Hamilton on lap 16 doesn't compromise either race.

OMG.

'Startegy'