Photo

2012 Jenson vs Lewis scorecard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4041 replies to this topic

#601 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:31

Hamilton's been hurting every since F1 switched to Pirellis which suit Button's driving style perfectly. Without the switch from Bridgestone to Pirelli Hamilton would still be on top. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

Have any other drivers been similarily affected by this switch?

Massa or Webber, perhaps, now that I think of it although Webber's change in form from 10 to 11 could just as easily be due to the EBD. We will see this year.

No doubt there will be another change to tyre supplier or specification in a few years. Perhaps they will suit Lewis better.

Advertisement

#602 Lights

Lights

• 9,883 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:38

Hamilton's been hurting every since F1 switched to Pirellis which suit Button's driving style perfectly. Without the switch from Bridgestone to Pirelli Hamilton would still be on top. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

Button was hurting when F1 had Bridgestones which suit Hamilton's driving style perfectly. Had they switched to Pirelli sooner Button would have always been on top. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

#603 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:41

Button was hurting when F1 had Bridgestones which suit Hamilton's driving style perfectly. Had they switched to Pirelli sooner Button would have always been on top. I think it's pretty much as simple as that.

If this is true I'm disappointed that neither guy can adapt to different tyres. Simple as that.

Edited by bub, 19 March 2012 - 10:48.

#604 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:43

Disappointed that neither guy can adapt to different tyres. Simple as that.

:confused:

#605 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:52

Button had his early wins on Bridgestones. Hungary 2006, whole 2009. So in this "suitable tires" battle Button takes the upper hand I believe.

#606 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:52

If this is true I'm disappointed that neither guy can adapt to different tyres. Simple as that.

Which tyres did Jenson get the WDC with?

It's an overblown argument.

Not only that, Hamilton fans spent quite a long time very very vigorously arguing that Hamilton did not have any shortfall in his ability to manage tyres.

Plus it is only one race (so far this year).

#607 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:54

It's an overblown argument.

Not only that, Hamilton fans spent quite a long time very very vigorously arguing that Hamilton did not have any shortfall in his ability to manage tyres.

Plus it is only one race (so far this year).

Hence my edit with "If this is true".

#608 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:55

Disappointed that neither guy can adapt to different tyres. Simple as that.

Totally agree with you if that is the case, F1 is constantly changing and you either have to adapt, or you get left behind.
Kimi's been away for 2 years, not only have the tyres changed but the cars have made a significant jump too, yet his race pace in clear air (a second faster than the front runners) shows he isn't having too much trouble adapting !

Must admit I laughed my head off at suggestions there was some sinister reason why Button pulled out a decent gap so easily at the start of the race

Maybe Lewis was abducted by aliens and it wasn't really him driving ?

Or maybe Button was just simply quicker with a heavier car, simple as that.
If there was an underlying reason then by far the most likely is that Button went for a setup that was better in the race on heavier tanks but compromised his quali slightly, whereas Hamilton went for the setup that gave him the best shot at pole. If that was the case then even more credit to Button for thinking ahead and going for the wise choice.

Either way there are no conspiracy theories to be had here, Button was simply faster on the day, end of story, I don't know why some have such difficulty with accepting that

Edited by icecream_man, 19 March 2012 - 10:56.

#609 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:56

Hence my edit with "If this is true".

Read lights' post again, but keep the word 'sarcasm' in mind this time.

#610 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:57

Read lights' post again, but keep the word 'sarcasm' in mind this time.

I see. :up: Difficult to detect sarcasm here sometimes.

#611 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:58

I see. :up: Difficult to detect sarcasm here sometimes.

True.

#612 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:02

Which is deja vu for me and I remembered what I wrote after Japan,and here we are in an exactly similar situation.There are some good points here and I was spot on about Koba/Perez who was the only one stopper yesterday so styles do matter.

First Congratz to JB,fantastic,supreme,amazing a mega race for him :up: !

I know some regulars here me as well like analysis of these two great but opposite drivers and I'll make it long.
To summarize what I've thought and posted here plenty and have been laughed at times by people with no analytical intentions.

When I said;
With the current regs/tires JB could beat FA/SV.

That they do not favor LH or aggressive type drivers ala Webber/Koba
This year is all about tire management,for a whole race not parts or stints of it.

LHvsJB

LH;very late braking/hard V style turning
JB;trail braking/smooth U style turning

LH's works fine in cold temperatures on Hard/er tires/doesn't in hot temps high wear tracks on SS/S tires
JB's is the total opposite which has paid dividends
Pirelli took the Hard/est tire out on which in races such as Oz,China,Spain he was brilliant as well as in cold temps such as Germany.

Koba/Perez is the perfect example today as to styles/tires working against a driver,Checo starts 17th finishes 8th and 25 seconds ahead of his teammate who is a fast aggressive driver and went backwards and had no pace whatsoever just like LH.
http://en.mclarenf-1.....=Sergio Perez

Webber is another aggressive driver that's suffered from tires this year,and who can forget Vettel being the only guy going to Pirelli to understand them better.

While Lewis keeps saying "I WON"T CHANGE MY STYLE".............well Lewis your inability or unwillingness is what's making you average or scratching your head now. It's not a myth IMO at least,Lewis has suffered at least 3 -4 races in SS/S high temp-high wear tracks,either at some point, a stint,or the whole race.

This is NO KNOCK to JB,he's adapted perfectly as has Vettel and Alonso as well. FFS Alonso is on the podium every race while Massa is holding off Perez/Petrov and Maldonado.

I won't protect Lewis today because he needs to sit down,take a deep breath,CHANGE/ADAPT his style or tune it down or learn a new one,whatever, because it ain't working ATM. When he looks like Massa,while his "slower" teammate is winning, then I"m REALLY WORRIED!!!

JB awesome today,and maybe Lewis can learn a thing or two because today was a whopping!
http://en.mclarenf-1.....ewis Hamilton

Bold part: I wasn't kidding.

#613 OSX

OSX

• 4,274 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:39

The question is in which car Jenson got the WDC and the answer is in by far the best and most dominant car on the grid that year.

That said the WDC and especially the situation created by the Pirellis has clearly boosted Jenson's confidence immensely. He's in a perfect place at the moment. He's managed to make himself an equal or even better than Hamilton in the eyes of many both on the paddock and in the media. It's something that nobody in their most wildest dreams would ever have expected to see a mere two years ago and that includes both Jenson and Lewis (who was the one who suggested signing Button in the first place).

#614 Pezerinno

Pezerinno

• 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:45

Great race by Button today. Lewis was a little disappointing and perhaps a bit unlucky with the pit stop. Overall 1st and 3rd s a great start for the team especially if the engines were both turned down to save fuel.

#615 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:51

The question is in which car Jenson got the WDC and the answer is in by far the best and most dominant car on the grid that year.

That said the WDC and especially the situation created by the Pirellis has clearly boosted Jenson's confidence immensely. He's in a perfect place at the moment. He's managed to make himself an equal or even better than Hamilton in the eyes of many both on the paddock and in the media. It's something that nobody in their most wildest dreams would ever have expected to see a mere two years ago and that includes both Jenson and Lewis (who was the one who suggested signing Button in the first place).

Huh? Plenty of people believed them to be roughly equal, with different strengths. Which it seems is exactly the case.

#616 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,351 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:57

It just occurred to me that Lewis was probably annoyed that his chances for creating strong leverage in his contract negotiations had just evaporated (barring a run of victories in the next few - certainly possible).

Edited by tkulla, 19 March 2012 - 11:57.

#617 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:01

Huh? Plenty of people believed them to be roughly equal, with different strengths. Which it seems is exactly the case.

They're not,not anymore. JB will win and is better atm and I'm dead serious.

I also think if by midseason LH is 40-50 pts back the team should fully back JB or they'll lose WDC to SV, I prefer JB.

Edited by fieraku, 19 March 2012 - 12:07.

#618 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:16

If you look at the whole year the red bull was the better car.
Even if it was the better car than the red bull over the whole year to say it was the best by far is a huge exaggeration.

#619 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 9,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:46

Superb win by Jenson. Flawless.

The way things are going, Lewis status as a potential great will be irreparably damaged by the end of this season. Sure there are going to be the odd weekends where LH is untouchable, but I can't see him out-scoring JB over a season on this kind of form and with a car as well balanced as this. Disappointment is one thing, but a title challenge requires a strength of character that I am not sure Hamilton possesses these days...

Advertisement

#620 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:01

It just one race, if Lewis out paces JB in the next race then the mood on here will swing. It is clear though that Lewis will have his hands full with Jenson this year. Jenson is without a doubt the toughest team mate he's ever had, Jenson more consistent than Alonso and less likely to throw a hissy fit. Plus he has proved he is fast too.

McLaren were supposedly running too heavy in Oz, so we haven't seen the car's true pace. I'm just glad the two main title contenders are likely to be British.

#621 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:03

His pace yesterday was fine just a little bit slower than jenson
If we look at the first stint the only stint where both were in clear air for the whole stint his pace is fine, but people are acting like jenson made him look silly pace wise which he didnt.

1 1:39.264 [1] 1:40.622 [2] -1.358 -1.358
2 1:33.414 [1] 1:34.297 [2] -0.883 -2.241
3 1:33.350 [1] 1:33.566 [2] -0.216 -2.457
4 1:33.131 [1] 1:33.347 [2] -0.216 -2.673
5 1:32.984 [1] 1:33.446 [2] -0.462 -3.135
6 1:33.117 [1] 1:33.380 [2] -0.263 -3.398
7 1:33.244 [1] 1:33.315 [2] -0.071 -3.469
8 1:33.124 [1] 1:33.461 [2] -0.337 -3.806
9 1:33.394 [1] 1:33.561 [2] -0.167 -3.973
10 1:33.767 [1] 1:33.471 [2] +0.296 -3.677
11 1:33.985 [1] 1:33.617 [2] +0.368 -3.309
12 1:33.628 [1] 1:33.732 [2] -0.104 -3.413
13 1:33.970 [1] 1:33.881 [2] +0.089 -3.324
14 1:34.164 [1] 1:34.255 [2] -0.091 -3.415
15 1:34.645 [1] 1:34.730 [2] -0.085 -3.500

Edited by zack1994, 19 March 2012 - 14:27.

#622 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:04

It just one race, if Lewis out paces JB in the next race then the mood on here will swing. It is clear though that Lewis will have his hands full with Jenson this year. Jenson is without a doubt the toughest team mate he's ever had, Jenson more consistent than Alonso and less likely to throw a hissy fit. Plus he has proved he is fast too.

McLaren were supposedly running too heavy in Oz, so we haven't seen the car's true pace. I'm just glad the two main title contenders are likely to be British.

Too light. Not enough fuel.

#623 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:16

One race does not a season make.

Tires have nothing to do with it. I think Button has improved a lot. Im a massive Hamilton fan and I want him to beat Button. Its obviously going to take a bit more than previously thought.

Button has won Melbourne 3 times now - the track he has won the most at. Hamilton is going to beat him probably more times than not - all he has to do is not crack on the times Jenson beats him. I think he has to accept that he is cant be faster everywhere and Jenson will beat him on specific tracks. He has to make sure he finishes just behind Button when this happens.

Jenson is at the top of his game. Lewis beat Fred and Fred was faster at many tracks. If he can beat Fred he can beat Jenson. He does have a tenth or two and as long as he doesnt bin it or crash, over the season he should prevail.

Gonna be a challenge though and the best rise to the occasion.

#624 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,617 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:21

I think it's interesting that a lot of people seem to assume that Lewis has either got worse, or was previously overrated, as opposed to believing Jenson has got better, and was previously underrated. I'd lean towards the latter.

#625 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:30

@gricey
Why do you think MW was urging for tires that degrade even more?

Martin Whitmarsh Has come out and said he wants Pirelli to produce a faster degrading tyre for the 2012 season.

He knows he has the best shot at WDC with Jenson,while Lewis will win the odd races and get the WCC points needed.McLaren/MW are no fools and it will work. JB looks super confident,scary like.

#626 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:34

It just occurred to me that Lewis was probably annoyed that his chances for creating strong leverage in his contract negotiations had just evaporated (barring a run of victories in the next few - certainly possible).

Right... if you think that Jenson's performance relative to Lewis is the ONLY factor in his contract negotiation. Has it occurred to you that there may be other factors than Jenson vs Lewis at McLaren?

And the idea that McLaren/Lewis will look at such a limited sample of races is equally laughable. Had McLaren used Jenson's 2011 Spain, China and Australian grand prix, Jenson wouldn't have much leverage either. See how idiotic your statement is.

#627 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:37

Right... if you think that Jenson's performance relative to Lewis is the ONLY factor in his contract negotiation. Has it occurred to you that there may be other factors than Jenson vs Lewis at McLaren?

And the idea that McLaren/Lewis will look at such a limited sample of races is equally laughable. Had McLaren used Jenson's 2011 Spain, China and Australian grand prix, Jenson wouldn't have much leverage either. See how idiotic your statement is.

It's a fairly big one, isn't it?

#628 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:39

@gricey
Why do you think MW was urging for tires that degrade even more?

He knows he has the best shot at WDC with Jenson,while Lewis will win the odd races and get the WCC points needed.McLaren/MW are no fools and it will work. JB looks super confident,scary like.

Its not the tires. And if it is then thems da breaks. Everyone else has the same.. button isn't a magic tire saver guru or anything. He is justusing them better. Hamilton needs to get over being beat ... move on and beat button in a string of races. He is going to beat him in qualifying and most times he wi be in front at the first corner

#629 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:39

Definitely.

#630 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:43

Apparently lewis makes a damn good latte though so that's worth something.

#631 Lights

Lights

• 9,883 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:54

I think it's interesting that a lot of people seem to assume that Lewis has either got worse, or was previously overrated, as opposed to believing Jenson has got better, and was previously underrated. I'd lean towards the latter.

What about.. both?

#632 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:06

Its not the tires. And if it is then thems da breaks. Everyone else has the same.. button isn't a magic tire saver guru or anything. He is justusing them better. Hamilton needs to get over being beat ... move on and beat button in a string of races. He is going to beat him in qualifying and most times he wi be in front at the first corner

Qualifying? Did you see the Mercs Q pace vs Race pace or Lewis'? Lewis is still the fastest man in F1 over a single lap imo but his ability to put in 3 fast stints doesn't work anymore.I'm ready to admit I overestimated LH's ability to adapt.How can someone of his caliber say ''I have no clue'' as per lack of pace? He either refuses to believe and learn as well as ask for help(ego) or he's in denial.His out of this world out of touch relationship with his RE is also worrying.

You're in for a shocker mate

#633 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,617 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:17

What about.. both?

Yeah, it's unlikely to be all one or all the other isn't it. I'd lean towards the latter though...

#634 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:23

Qualifying? Did you see the Mercs Q pace vs Race pace or Lewis'? Lewis is still the fastest man in F1 over a single lap imo but his ability to put in 3 fast stints doesn't work anymore.I'm ready to admit I overestimated LH's ability to adapt.How can someone of his caliber say ''I have no clue'' as per lack of pace? He either refuses to believe and learn as well as ask for help(ego) or he's in denial.His out of this world out of touch relationship with his RE is also worrying.

You're in for a shocker mate

Why are you always so extreme with your POV? At least give him a chance to analyse the data, lap times and asses where his race went wrong. Having just driven a race and got out of the car, without any real mistakes he's not going to be able to accurately point out where he thinks he was lacking, without making a guess. His only truthful answer is going to be...I don't know.

I would also like to point out you know absolutely nothing about his relationship with his race engineer. As I said yesterday when the rest of the team were celebrating, you could see Lewis with Andy Latham talking to Sam Michael around a corner at the back of the garage away from everyone else. At the very least that suggests at least the opposite of what you've wrote down.

Edited by Kvothe, 19 March 2012 - 14:24.

#635 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:28

I'm anticipating a Jenson WDC. He had A LOT of bad luck in mechanical problems last season. Significantly more than Hamilton and Vettel. Yet he was 2nd in championship. Driving same car as Hamilton and with Vettel looking like not gonna have massive car advantage again, I think only a fool would bet against Jenson for WDC this year. That's discussion of bottom line. Excuses for blah blah blah is something else.

#636 Lights

Lights

• 9,883 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:30

I'm anticipating a Jenson WDC. He had A LOT of bad luck in mechanical problems last season. Significantly more than Hamilton and Vettel. Yet he was 2nd in championship. Driving same car as Hamilton and with Vettel looking like not gonna have massive car advantage again, I think only a fool would bet against Jenson for WDC this year. That's discussion of bottom line. Excuses for blah blah blah is something else.

No he didn't, it was quite similar from what I can remember.

#637 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:31

Oho they're confident on Jenson's side of the garage; his race engineer:

https://twitter.com/#!/DaveRobsonF1
Dave Robson ‏ @DaveRobsonF1

Now in Malaysia. Really looking forward to this weekend. If we nail the setup then JB will do the rest. Easy. Sort of!

Momentum may be in JBs favour, but I have no problem with people writing off Lewis, and piling all the pressure on Button it'd make a good change, especially because Lewis driving with nothing to lose and no pressure is always spectacular.

Edited by Kvothe, 19 March 2012 - 14:32.

#638 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:33

Momentum may be in JBs favour, but I have no problem with people writing off Lewis, and piling all the pressure on Button it'd make a good change, Lewis driving with nothing to lose and no pressure is always spectacular.

I believe there is always a pressure when we are talking about a race/wdc win.

Edited by sofarapartguy, 19 March 2012 - 14:33.

#639 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:35

Momentum may be in JBs favour, but I have no problem with people writing off Lewis, and piling all the pressure on Button it'd make a good change, especially because Lewis driving with nothing to lose and no pressure is always spectacular.

no pressure in a contract renewal season which comes on the back of the kind of 2011 Lewis had is a pipe dream

Advertisement

#640 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:42

No pressure were the wrong words to use, I should have said less pressure relative to Button.
Although you do raise a good point Engel. I think however that Lewis will re-signing with McLaren and so any pressure coming from there will be temporary at best.

#641 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:42

Why are you always so extreme with your POV? At least give him a chance to analyse the data, lap times and asses where his race went wrong. Having just driven a race and got out of the car, without any real mistakes he's not going to be able to accurately point out where he thinks he was lacking, without making a guess. His only truthful answer is going to be...I don't know.

I would also like to point out you know absolutely nothing about his relationship with his race engineer. As I said yesterday when the rest of the team were celebrating, you could see Lewis with Andy Latham talking to Sam Michael around a corner at the back of the garage away from everyone else. At the very least that suggests at least the opposite of what you've wrote down.

Because it's got nothing with data.Lewis is still on with his same aggressive style driving thus his rears were going faster and was complaining constantly whilst his teammate in the same car had rubber to spare.His problem is style related,nothing else.

I'm not extreme,I said such last year and I see no changes/adaptations or a contingency plan.
As for the 2sides JB is praising his REs/crew to the moon,whilst LH/AL seem to get it more wrong than right,sorry but I just don't see it,a strong bond/trust that is.

:lol: the irony

Edited by fieraku, 19 March 2012 - 14:45.

#642 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:51

If McLaren cares more about the WCC (which it does) and realizes it needs two potent drivers, no. They failed to deliver a dominant car akin RB6-RB7. This year looks like a good car but hardly dominant, hence it will be up to McLaren's strong lineup to take the crown and not the machinery alone. Having a Massa/Kova instead of Hamilton will not be enough for the WCC.

#643 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:52

Because it's got nothing with data.Lewis is still on with his same aggressive style driving thus his rears were going faster and was complaining constantly whilst his teammate in the same car had rubber to spare.His problem is style related,nothing else.

I'm not extreme,I said such last year and I see no changes/adaptations or a contingency plan.

Seems a little extreme. LH probably would have finished ahead of JB last year if he didn't crash so much.

#644 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:57

As for the 2sides JB is praising his REs/crew to the moon,whilst LH/AL seem to get it more wrong than right,sorry but I just don't see it,a strong bond/trust that is.

Would he problem have still be style related if he had got ahead of Jenson into turn 1 yesterday?

The times would also suggest that for the first round of pit stops both Lewis and Jenson's tires went off at the same time, except Lewis had spent a few laps in the dirty air of Jenson whilst Jenson had clean air. Also as you can see Lewis had to spend an extra lap on those tyres losing time.

Jenson
13 1:33.970
14 1:34.164
15 1:34.645
P
Lewis
13 1:33.881
14 1:34.255
15 1:34.730
16 1:36.403

After that Lewis spent 3 laps on the gearbox of Perez which undoubtedly affected his tyres, yet he still managed to last until lap 33 before his tyres began to go off.

Of course in the final stint Button had the luxuary of clean air, while Lewis was stuck in the dirty air of Seb, and was then defending from Webber. All in all there is no real basis for the conclusion you came to. Yes Jenson was a little smoother on his tires but there was no big difference between the two, which meant that if Lewis had got in front and pulled a gap, he probably would have won the GP. Especially if both cars were 'fuel saving'.

Jenson wins and he praised his RE/crew big shocker :eek:, I'm sure if Lewis had won, he would have done the same, in fact he always does. 'Thank you guys, the car was a dream to drive' ect. You can't use that as evidence for an extremely flawed premise. Particularly because if there was anything lacking in their relationship, I'm sure he would have been replaced by now.

Edited by Kvothe, 19 March 2012 - 15:01.

#645 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 14:59

Do you know what irony is?

My wife does mine for me.

#646 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 15:04

I wouldnt be that sure so early ...
Even though Jense was in a class of his own yesterday , Aus is no doubt his favorite track.

The Joker is RBR who can be either Kingmakers OR better (for me) challenge for the title themselves.
Right now RB8 is short on pace but perhaps not by 7 tenths as appeared from Quali.

If RB develop real fast then they can catch them by Europe and then it will be a title match.
If RB dont develop fast enough but keep close , then they will have a say in on which of the Macca drivers becomes WDC and Macca have to respond by chosing their #1 early.
If RB fade away then - Macca can simply let both fight.

Option 2 can be a problem for Lewis otherwise expect him to challenge for the title.
Atleat the season will be interesting..

#647 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

My wife does mine for me.

I love the irony of Fireaku's post in your signature.

Knights Templar gone rogue?

#648 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Seems a little extreme. LH probably would have finished ahead of JB last year if he didn't crash so much.

It's 2012,I'm not going back to 2011 there are 1000pages somewhere here,if you like reading.
Not extreme mate,LH still has one lap speed yet on these new-est tires he seemed hopeless and a tad angry whilst JB was shouting how he loves F1 ''now''. JB knows it,he was constantly asking about LH's position and pace, as if he was comparing on the fly.

#649 Kraken

Kraken

• 822 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 15:07

Heavy from what? They were in fuel saving mode from lap 8 so it couldn't have been from fuel. http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98176

#650 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 15:07

It's 2012,I'm not going back to 2011 there are 1000pages somewhere here,if you like reading.
Not extreme mate,LH still has one lap speed yet on these new-est tires he seemed hopeless and a tad angry whilst JB was shouting how he loves F1 ''now''. JB knows it,he was constantly asking about LH's position and pace, as if he was comparing on the fly.

Fair enough. Seem extreme because it's been 1 race. How different are this years tyres to last year?