• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4041 replies to this topic

#2651 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 13:56

:confused:

Don't understand what you mean.

Either way, besides Webber nobody behind Lewis outqualfied Jenson on merit. There's less than 2 tenths between them, what do you expect? Of course I understand how it can harm Jenson if more drivers manage to get inbetween them. Apparently I don't enjoy reading how people wish that to happen even though his performance was solid. But I see, it's all a compliment towards Jenson's race performance and the worry Lewis fans have when Jenson is anywhere near him. I get it now.

The worry Button's fans have is that more than one car can be between them after qualifying. It works both ways. No need to paint Lewis's fans as devils. :)
Given the circumstances(Pirelli tyres with management exercise), it's a good strategy for Lewis and i hope he will find a tenth or two to add to what he already has.

Edited by revlec, 21 April 2012 - 13:59.

Advertisement

#2652 TeamMacca

TeamMacca

• 534 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 13:59

Lewis pole,pole,2nd,2nd - 3rd,3rd,3rd in the race - i think its safe to say Lewis of 2011 has gone.

#2653 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:12

Lewis pole,pole,2nd,2nd - 3rd,3rd,3rd in the race - i think its safe to say Lewis of 2011 has gone.

In 2011 after 3 races (Australia, Malaysia, China) : HAM 47 , BUT 38(-9)
This year after 3 races : HAM 45 , BUT 43(-2)

I see no difference(only a better BUT points wise).
Last year, Lewis was strong but fell apart after Monaco and Canada.

The only thing Lewis has been better this season so far is qualifying.

Edited by revlec, 21 April 2012 - 14:13.

#2654 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:14

:up: Lets not fight this is exactly what Lewis and Jenson want, the b*****ds!

:lol: That me laugh

#2655 Lights

Lights

• 9,884 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:14

:up: Lets not fight this is exactly what Lewis and Jenson want, the b*****ds!

:)

#2656 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:17

In 2011 after 3 races (Australia, Malaysia, China) : HAM 47 , BUT 38(-9)
This year after 3 races : HAM 45 , BUT 43(-2)

I see no difference(only a better BUT points wise).
Last year, Lewis was strong but fell apart after Monaco and Canada.

The only thing Lewis has been better this season so far is qualifying.

Lewis has already strung together three consecutive podium finishes, a feat he never achieved in 2011.

He also achieved this in spite of poor launch controls, safety cars, terrible pit stops and a gearbox penalty and at a time where the cars are much more equal, and you don't have Red Bull, McLaren as the fastest cars a small gap to Ferrari and then the rest. He only has to stay second behind Vettel to pull out even more of a gap relative to the rest of the field, although I'm hoping for a victory.

Button's just putting in some great performances.

Edited by Kvothe, 21 April 2012 - 14:19.

#2657 Lights

Lights

• 9,884 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:21

The worry Button's fans have is that more than one car can be between them after qualifying. It works both ways. No need to paint Lewis's fans as devils. :)
Given the circumstances(Pirelli tyres with management exercise), it's a good strategy for Lewis and i hope he will find a tenth or two to add to what he already has.

Difference is, when Button is about to suck I'm the first to give my pessimistic verdict. When Jenson underperforms, I'm the first to speak out my disappointment in him. But on days like today where he drove a solid qualification, there's no need for the posts that appeared here today. You wrote yourself "Your guy is 2nd in the WDC table, be happy.", but frankly I'm not noticing much happiness in this thread from Lewis outqualifying Jenson? It's been mostly about how fortunate Jenson was that there aren't more cars inbetween them! So I can tell you, this doesn't work both ways.

#2658 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:22

Lewis has already strung together three consecutive podium finishes, a feat he never achieved in 2011.

He also achieved this in spite of poor launch controls, safety cars, terrible pit stops and a gearbox penalty and at a time where the cars are much more equal, and you don't have Red Bull, McLaren as the fastest cars a small gap to Ferrari and then the rest. He only has to stay second behind Vettel to pull out even more of a gap relative to the rest of the field, although I'm hoping for a victory.

I understand. No crash till now, and he is doing very well with the tyres. But can you imagine if BUT didn't crash in Malaysia?
Don't get me wrong, i admire how is carrying himself on the track, but it could have been better although i reckon he has had some bad luck.

The noticeable difference is his confidence and the fact that he is smiling.

#2659 Lights

Lights

• 9,884 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:24

Button's just putting in some great performances.

That seems like it doesn't belong there.

Advertisement

#2660 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:29

We are not here to do your job. If you can not show your happiness whenever Buttons wins, it's your problem.
I am a Lewis fan and i will stick with my job. Massive respect for Button and i even said few lines ago that he is doing better this year! :)

#2661 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:32

It does :up:

#2662 Lights

Lights

• 9,884 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:32

We are not here to do your job. If you can not show your happiness whenever Buttons wins, it's your problem.
I am a Lewis fan and i will stick with my job. Massive respect for Button and i even said few lines ago that he is doing better this year! :)

I confused. I don't have a job. When Button wins, I'll show you my happiness. To be honest I'm not sure what you replied to, or what you are trying to say with it.

#2663 Lights

Lights

• 9,884 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:35

It does :up:

Fair enough, I'm convinced. Assumed you either put that there because you felt you had to or that you started writing something about him but you didn't really know what to say.

#2664 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,617 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:37

Lewis and Jenson are both driving pretty well at the moment. There's no need for all this petty sniping, it's really quite pathetic.

#2665 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:39

Lewis and Jenson are both driving pretty well at the moment. There's no need for all this petty sniping, it's really quite pathetic.

:up:

#2666 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:40

Fair enough, I'm convinced. Assumed you either put that there because you felt you had to or that you started writing something about him but you didn't really know what to say.

I meant to weave it among my general points but forgot, so just casually edited it in at the end feeling it might be a good point to end on.

Edited by Kvothe, 21 April 2012 - 14:40.

#2667 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,819 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 14:43

If you want to be miserable join us Ferrari fans. :lol:

#2668 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 16:18

I think Button and Vettel are the favourites for tomorrow personally. If Hamilton can finish on the podium I'll be happy.

#2669 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,133 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 16:36

Just one interesting fact about Lewis and Jenson..

They both have 45 podiums in F1 :D

#2670 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 16:58

Just one interesting fact about Lewis and Jenson..

They both have 45 podiums in F1 :D

What is so interestng about it?

#2671 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,133 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 17:32

What is so interestng about it?

That right now, in this moment, they have same amount of podium finishes in their careers, that's all.. if this isn't interesting for you, then ok.

#2672 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 17:57

That right now, in this moment, they have same amount of podium finishes in their careers, that's all.. if this isn't interesting for you, then ok.

Sofarapartguy isn't impressed by stats that show racers soclosetogether.

#2673 enrm6

enrm6

• 96 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 18:04

I was very pleased after the first run in Q3 as Button was only 5 hundredths (or something liek that) off Lewis' time. So after the disaster that FP looked like it was shaping up to be then that was quite comforting.

In the end it was the usual 2 tenths and it is a shame that Webber got between the two but I can't be dissapointed with 2nd and 4th. Button does seem to have the habit of going forwards in races.

Hoping for a good start and 1 and 3, or 2 and 3, after the first lap. Podiums for both would be great, another big points haul, our two out front.

#2674 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 19:14

I was afraid that after that info will follow a claim that Lewis has the same ammount of podiums with only a half of the time in F1 compairing to JB's 12 years, that indicates awesomness of LH. No offence, mate)

#2675 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 19:47

I think Button and Vettel are the favourites for tomorrow personally. If Hamilton can finish on the podium I'll be happy.

I have the same feeling. The only thing we know is that Hamilton, will give it his best on these tyre management Pirelli's.

#2676 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 20:00

I have the same feeling. The only thing we know is that Hamilton, will give it his best on these tyre management Pirelli's.

I think he has a fighting chance if he has a good start....

they would just need the strategy and pitstops to be right.... dont keep him out on track to fulfill some preplanned race strategy, once his tires are going off pit him.....even that means longer final stints or so.

Basically, how they managed Valencia 2011, if they do that he'll have a strong result.

#2677 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 20:07

I think he has a fighting chance if he has a good start....

they would just need the strategy and pitstops to be right.... dont keep him out on track to fulfill some preplanned race strategy, once his tires are going off pit him.....even that means longer final stints or so.

Basically, how they managed Valencia 2011, if they do that he'll have a strong result.

I hope you are correct. A podium will please me, even if Button beats him.

#2678 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 20:33

Gap of 0,191 seconds between Lewis on new tyres and Jenson on used tyres. Obviously not a large performance difference between new and used tyres. Also not a large performance difference between Lewis and Jenson.

Theoretically there could've been 8 cars between those 0,191 seconds, apologies to the Lewis fans that are disappointed by the fact that only Webber managed to do so.

Well Jenson went slower on the new tyres, the magic 2 tenths again :)

#2679 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,744 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:13

Does Button really have one more set of options than Hamilton has?

Advertisement

#2680 peroa

peroa

• 8,985 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:14

No.
Both have 2 new sets of mediums. That's it.

#2681 MinT

MinT

• 2,106 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:15

I was afraid that after that info will follow a claim that Lewis has the same ammount of podiums with only a half of the time in F1 compairing to JB's 12 years, that indicates awesomness of LH. No offence, mate)

but then you would of countered with "yes but Hami hasnt spent several seasons with a poor team/car yet like Button did" - dont be so defensive when you dont need to be.

#2682 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,744 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21

No.
Both have 2 new sets of mediums. That's it.

Thanks, that's what I thought 'cause they ran to the same pattern throughout qualifying.

#2683 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:20

but then you would of countered with "yes but Hami hasnt spent several seasons with a poor team/car yet like Button did" - dont be so defensive when you dont need to be.

As far as I know, such an argument rarely counts by a lot of Hami fans. Best always gets the best car ©

#2684 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:22

As far as I know, such an argument rarely counts by a lot of Hami fans. Best always gets the best car ©

Stop trying to reignite another 'jenson fans r da best' dick measuring contest.

#2685 ermo

ermo

• 173 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:23

Wow ... Lewis just has no luck with that left rear! :eek:

Kudos to him for keeping a cool head in trying circumstances and focusing on picking up points. He'll get his time in the sun soon enough. :up:

But boy, what did Button do with his setup? It just looks as if he couldn't get the car to work for him in the first stints. :rolleyes:

EDIT: And Button gets his dose of bad luck as well. :|

Edited by ermo, 22 April 2012 - 13:35.

#2686 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,084 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:34

What a rubbish day for Mclaren.

#2687 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:44

What a rubbish day for Mclaren.

Complete shower, no interest in scoring whatsoever, and I missed a bloody great game of football for that too.

I think I might just sit back and enjoy F1 for what it is, for a start it's all to do with what car you have (obviously) and then there's a hundred other variables that the driver can't control. so rather than have a vested interest I might try and hope Lewis does well but stop having such an emotional tie to it, it's not the same as following a footy team or a tennis player or something, anything can and does happen.

#2688 Dalin80

Dalin80

• 339 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:44

An easy win for hamilton but hardly counts when the day has been so completely pathetic.

#2689 OO7

OO7

• 9,379 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:47

An easy win for hamilton but hardly counts when the day has been so completely pathetic.

A win was never on the cards, the car wasn't fast enough.

#2690 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 577 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:47

What is it with the left rear? And terrible for Jenson. Probably could have got Rosberg at the end without the puncture and engine failure.

#2691 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:49

Even when Button doesn't deserve to be ahead,they manage to get him ahead.

I now this isn't on purpose,is just #2 service for Lewis.

First we try everything ok for Button,later we see the best we can do for Hamilton.

#2692 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,084 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:49

Mclaren have seriously got to change their whole pit stop system, it's hopeless. Bad luck for both drivers today. Mclaren don't deserve 2 brilliant drivers like Jenson and Lewis if they continue to treat them like this.

#2693 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:50

Complete shower, no interest in scoring whatsoever, and I missed a bloody great game of football for that too.

I think I might just sit back and enjoy F1 for what it is, for a start it's all to do with what car you have (obviously) and then there's a hundred other variables that the driver can't control. so rather than have a vested interest I might try and hope Lewis does well but stop having such an emotional tie to it, it's not the same as following a footy team or a tennis player or something, anything can and does happen.

Thats what i did once the race became a shambles for Lewis i just enjoyed the race itself

#2694 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:52

Yes all things being equal Lewis would have beat Jenson but only finished 5th

#2695 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,853 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:54

Icing on the cake was Crofty ruining the score :rolleyes:

#2696 Dalin80

Dalin80

• 339 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:55

I was referring to the lewis vs jenson scorecard, not the race itself.

#2697 trogggy

trogggy

• 7,672 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:58

Icing on the cake was Crofty ruining the score :rolleyes:

I don't understand how anyone in sports broadcasting doesn't realise how many people he's pissing off by doing that.

Anyway - clear win for LH, shame about his pit-stops but even with good ones he wasn't looking at better than 4th today.
I was surprised Mac didn't react to Rosberg's last stop where he jumped Button - will have to look again at that because at the time it looked like a mistake. Button was lacklustre all day though.

#2698 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:59

What was worrying was how once again our race pace was nothing to write home about. We started the season looking like we had some sort of advantage but in the races we've generally not been anything special.

Edited by ImDDAA, 22 April 2012 - 14:00.

#2699 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 14:05

I don't care anymore,this ain't racing!

Advertisement

#2700 OO7

OO7

• 9,379 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 14:08

What was worrying was how once again our race pace was nothing to write home about. We started the season looking like we had some sort of advantage but in the races we've generally not been anything special.

Yep. With exception of Aus, the FP sessions seem to have given a false indication of the cars pace. It could be that the McLaren works within a very small window and they are often falling a little outside of it.