Photo

2012 Jenson vs Lewis scorecard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4041 replies to this topic

#3351 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,905 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:17

I recon he was worried the FIA might go light on Lewis and only hand out a fine. I heard that he was seen spraying champagne in Jensons's mouth when the stewards meeting finished.

:lol:

Advertisement

#3352 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 1,626 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:17

He out fuelled him, another lesson for Hamilton - F1 isn't just about being fast, it's also about being fuelled correctly.

That is hillarious! :D

#3353 panzani

panzani

• 18,688 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:26

Besides all x against y threads being as lame as lame can be now some say Jenson was faster than Lewis Today... Where is the joke's thread? :clap:

#3354 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,905 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:44

Scorecard wise it has been all year for me,can't honestly assess anything in the "Show" era.

I tend to agree. There is no way in hell Hamilton is 1.2 secs faster than JB at Barcelona of all places :rolleyes:
Button has just fallen foul of the raw eggs this weekend and keeps talking about how 'baffled' he is by them. Today, the whole race weekend is more or less just a contest of who does what to their tyres more than anything else, and has comparitively little to do with driving a car, is much more of a technical tyre exercise. Good for Hamilton, he's made them work, but I doubt he knows why exactly, just that they are working for him.

I don't see why anyone is optimistic for Hamilton tomorrow either; everyone's got their Pirelli straight jackets on, it's a hard track to overtake on, it murders the tyres, and he'll constantly be in traffic which will murder his tyres even more and he doesn't have many fresh tyres to fall back on like JB does.

God F1 stinks these days.

#3355 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,006 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:53

"He out fuelled him"

You guys are genius. :rotfl:

#3356 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 00:05

"He out fuelled him"

You guys are genius. :rotfl:

+1 Instant classic. I've been laughing every time I've seen it this evening.

#3357 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:22

Obviously it's not something Lewis has learnt yet... Shame because Vettel seems to have managed it, hell even Pastor!

Either way. Poor from Button, good from Lewis. Conditions are set to be mega different tomorrow so hopefully the setup will come to Jenson, if the conditions are drastically different it may even be worth starting both Macca's from pit lane and changing setup, let them do numerous laps (at least Button has tyres) to the grid and decide how the car feels.

#3358 Lights

Lights

• 9,623 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:37

Conditions are set to be mega different tomorrow so hopefully the setup will come to Jenson

I've heard it will get colder today, so only worse for Jenson to run the primes. Anyway as long as adding more front wing doesn't result in more understeer, I'll be happy.

if the conditions are drastically different it may even be worth starting both Macca's from pit lane and changing setup, let them do numerous laps (at least Button has tyres) to the grid and decide how the car feels.

Lol, for McLaren that won't really compute with the optimum calculated race times.

#3359 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:52

Just one question. Has anyone ever heard a grown man bitch so much in just one hour span like Goldilocks Button yesterday. He efortlessly put Montoya and Trulli to shame, which is no mean feat by itself. It sounded like a banter that ends marriages, nag and nag, and nag some more, before the familiar line "there¨s the door b..ch"

Advertisement

#3360 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:12

Just one question. Has anyone ever heard a grown man bitch so much in just one hour span like Goldilocks Button yesterday. He efortlessly put Montoya and Trulli to shame, which is no mean feat by itself. It sounded like a banter that ends marriages, nag and nag, and nag some more, before the familiar line "there¨s the door b..ch"

I always find it confusing when fans complain about a driver complaining about balance of his car, how else does a driver improve the car he's driving, it's called feedback.

#3361 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:18

I always find it confusing when fans complain about a driver complaining about balance of his car, how else does a driver improve the car he's driving, it's called feedback.

Yes, you¨re right. My bad, sorry.....
Oooooh, I understeered sooo badly, nag.
Now I¨m oversteering..

#3362 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:31

I think it's more to do with him having more points than LuLu in his time at McLaren :)

#3363 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,959 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:50

Supporting Button is so much fun! I'm not looking forward to his race -- it's going to be crap, I just know it. Lewis at the back has compounded another disastrous weekend for the team. The team has the best driver combo -- it beggers belief that our guys are always compromised nearly every weekend.

This one is for Lotus to lose.

#3364 Lights

Lights

• 9,623 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:56

Supporting Button is so much fun! I'm not looking forward to his race -- it's going to be crap, I just know it. Lewis at the back has compounded another disastrous weekend for the team. The team has the best driver combo -- it beggers belief that our guys are always compromised nearly every weekend.

:lol:

Not sure how much of Jenson's issues this weekend is down to the team though, I primarily blame him for it.

#3365 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 1,531 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:04

this weekend goes to jenson. fancy running out of fuel on your q3 session.

i used to work as a courier in the uk and tge LAST thing u do is run out of fuel!

basic stuff ;)

#3366 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:07

this weekend goes to jenson. fancy running out of fuel on your q3 session.

i used to work as a courier in the uk and tge LAST thing u do is run out of fuel!

basic stuff ;)

:D

#3367 ermo

ermo

• 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:21

First of all, it's clear that McLaren had a technical issue with the Fuel Rig, which the FIA did not accept as Force Majeure since it is McLaren's duty to ensure that the fuel rig works correctly. Awfully bad luck for Lewis and his side of the garage -- imagine being the guy responsible for that fuel rig and having it fail on you like that even though you've done your very best to ensure that it was in perfect working condition. I do think that it's a bit harsh to put Lewis all the way to the back of the field, but at least he wasn't excluded from the race.

His response to these types of experiences will ultimately be the litmus test for gauging how well he and Didier Coton can work together in terms of re-calibrating his goals and expectations after such a great qualifying performance was marred by such bad luck (or possibly incompetence). Will he blow up and lose focus and crash into everyone and his dog on the way to an ignominious retirement? Or will he cut his losses and rise above circumstance and drive a brilliantly well judged race, giving a masterclass in controlled aggression as he scythes through the field and make mincemeat of his opposition?

I certainly hope for the latter and a perhaps even a point or three for his trouble.

Barcelona is a high downforce circuit (70% of max downforce AFAIK) and this is Jenson's first race weekend with the new nose and there's clearly something there that is making it difficult for him to get the balance to his liking whilst also getting the right amount of heat into the tyres. That said, Lewis won qualifying by a clear country mile.

The race can't come soon enough.

#3368 ermo

ermo

• 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:24

Don't feed the troll.

#3369 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,905 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:43

Yes, you¨re right. My bad, sorry.....
Oooooh, I understeered sooo badly, nag.
Now I¨m oversteering..

So what are you saying he should do, just not tell anyone and somehow this will help him go faster? It's not like he's just complaining for the sake of it, he's one of the most sensitive drivers on the grid thus has very specific needs - that's in his DNA, he can't change that. Saying I had huge understeer/oversteer aren't excuses, they're just the feedback he's getting in the cockpit.

#3370 Jeag

Jeag

• 963 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:46

Jenson clearly wins this weekend.

#3371 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,038 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:50

Jenson enjoying his usual slice of luck in the team mate battle with Mclaren doing their upmost to break Lewis.

#3372 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:05

Jenson enjoying his usual slice of luck in the team mate battle with Mclaren doing their upmost to break Lewis.

+ 1 :evil:

#3373 karlth

karlth

• 16,254 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:10

You should be more subtle when trolling.

#3374 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:39

Luck? Sorry but it's clear that it's not luck.

#3375 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:50

+ 1 :evil:

Luck? Sorry but it's clear that it's not luck.

You should be more subtle when trolling.

Who's trolling?

#3376 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,116 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:24

Not sure about trolling, but nobody is reporting it...... so I guess no-one has any problems right?

Please be aware to do your best to remain objective in this & any other related threads today.

For your OWN benefit I'll say this, slander, bigotry, personal insults, claims of "it's all a conspiracy, man" and outright bullshitting are in extreme danger of not being viewed favorably. We (MODs) have been very busy in the past 24 hours and deserve the opportunity to enjoy the race, we'd also like to enjoy reading your composed, thoughtful opinions at the end of it.

Over to you, ladies & gentlemen.

#3377 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,450 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:29

Not sure about trolling, but nobody is reporting it...... so I guess no-one has any problems right?

Please be aware to do your best to remain objective in this & any other related threads today.

For your OWN benefit I'll say this, slander, bigotry, personal insults, claims of "it's all a conspiracy, man" and outright bullshitting are in extreme danger of not being viewed favorably. We (MODs) have been very busy in the past 24 hours and deserve the opportunity to enjoy the race, we'd also like to enjoy reading your composed, thoughtful opinions at the end of it.

Over to you, ladies & gentlemen.

I think most of us are used to it, know who the culprits are and just tune out their childish comments.

#3378 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,155 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:39

I really feel bad for Lewis. He was exceptional all through the weekend and having to start at the back of the grid is a shame really. It's good to see he's remaining positive and hopefully he'll get the chance to have a great race today. As for Button, well he was off it yesterday, hopefully they've worked through the issues he had and he'll also get the chance to have a great race today. As far as the scorecard is concerned, qualifying goes to Lewis without a doubt.

#3379 Lights

Lights

• 9,623 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:58

As for Button, well he was off it yesterday, hopefully they've worked through the issues he had and he'll also get the chance to have a great race today. As far as the scorecard is concerned, qualifying goes to Lewis without a doubt.

With colder temperatures I don't expect anything from Button. He already struggled so much this weekend while they tried everything on his setup, and he hasn't been able to change it since yesterday obviously. This time I don't expect miracles, I honestly just hope it's at least not even worse than yesterday. With a fortunate race he might get a point or two, don't expect much more as there's no reason to do so.

Advertisement

#3380 ermo

ermo

• 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:01

Lewis is absolutely spanking Jenson on track this weekend. He's clearly better at handling the new nose and its change in setup characteristics. Well done to him!

But Jenson ... *sigh*. He usually puts up a decent fight on these kinds of days, but today he's been quite abysmal if we discount his pretty decent start. For shame, Jenson Button.

#3381 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:44

:clap:

Yep

#3382 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:46

Cant believe how good Lewis was today.

Jenson looking his old average self without Lewis F ups.

#3383 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,727 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:47

JB just got royally spanked

#3384 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Agreed - apparently he's saved his tyres enough to drive home on them.

#3385 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Clear win by Lewis.

What's the score now?

Button wasn't so bad but I've never seen a driver gifting position so easy.

#3386 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 5,065 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:48

Ouch, Hamilton starts 14 places behind Button, and beats him convincingly, we must also factor in that Hamilton's final stint was much much longer than Buttons, yet he held on to the tyres much better. Bravo Lewis. Without the pitstop botch he may have been able to hold of Vettel and take Rosberg. Button rather hopeless tbh.

#3387 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:49

Shame that Lewis would have won by about 30 seconds today if he'd kept his pole.

#3388 peroa

peroa

• 8,954 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:49

Lewis is absolutely spanking Jenson on track this weekend. He's clearly better at handling the new nose and its change in setup characteristics. Well done to him!

But Jenson ... *sigh*. He usually puts up a decent fight on these kinds of days, but today he's been quite abysmal if we discount his pretty decent start. For shame, Jenson Button.

Maybe he should've gone testing in mugello, like all the other normal teams and drivers did.

#3389 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,038 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:50

Lewis destroyed Button this weekend. It was like Alonso vs Massa. Embarrassing.

Incredible drive from Lewis. Aggressive, mature and inspiring.

Tyre management myth officially put to bed too!

#3390 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:50

Cant believe how good Lewis was today.

Jenson looking his old average self without Lewis F ups.

Don't talk crap, like button was at his best with the car balance this weekend.
Great drive from lewis
Button and his engineers have to understand what happened this weekend because it can't happen again.

#3391 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:51

So if Lewis started on pole he'd had lapped everyone today including JB?

#3392 River

River

• 177 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:53

Gotta love that the guy "hardest" on tyres is the only one to manage a 2 stopper, going faster than Mr uber tyre man (he's so smooth!) Jenson, who has tyres 5 laps (I think) fresher.

Great race from Lewis, bring on Monaco and Canada :p

#3393 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:54

Button: "A strange race. I didn't have any grip front or rear."

Hamilton: "That was damage limitation. But much, much better in the pitstops. Well done, thank you.

#3394 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:54

I can't remember a more one-sided weekend between these two.

#3395 robefc

robefc

• 8,064 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:56

Ouch, Hamilton starts 14 places behind Button, and beats him convincingly, we must also factor in that Hamilton's final stint was much much longer than Buttons, yet he held on to the tyres much better. Bravo Lewis. Without the pitstop botch he may have been able to hold of Vettel and take Rosberg. Button rather hopeless tbh.

3 laps isn't much, much longer.

It was an impressive performance from Lewis and Jenson obviously had a weekend to forget, there's no reason to gloat or indeed talk rubbish to exaggerate the situation.

I can't decide if I'm glad that Lewis is still only 8 points behind the lead after all his issues or massively annoyed that he could have a clear decisive lead without misfortunes and cock ups.

#3396 SuperSoft

SuperSoft

• 348 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:57

I would split the points for the race.

Yes, technically, Hamilton did finish ahead of Button on the track, he only did so well on those tires because of everything Button has taught him about saving tires. Without Button, Hamilton would have had to take 5 stops today, so it is only fair to share points.

Yet again Hamilton getting all the benefit from Button's superior and smoother race craft.

Edited by SuperSoft, 13 May 2012 - 13:58.

#3397 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,959 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:58

Bad from Button. Not looking forward to Monaco.

#3398 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:58

Yes, technically, Hamilton did finish ahead of Button on the track, he only did so well on those tires because of everything Button has taught him about saving tires. Without Button Hamilton would have had to take 5 stops today, so it is only fair to share points.

Yet again Hamilton getting all the benefit from Button's superior and smoother race craft.

Troll or serious?

#3399 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,727 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:59

Yes, technically, Hamilton did finish ahead of Button on the track, he only did so well on those tires because of everything Button has taught him about saving tires. Without Button, Hamilton would have had to take 5 stops today, so it is only fair to share points.

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#3400 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:59

Clear win by Lewis.

What's the score now?

Button wasn't so bad but I've never seen a driver gifting position so easy.

Lewis 11 - 4 Jenson