Photo

2012 Jenson vs Lewis scorecard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4041 replies to this topic

#3751 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,698 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 18:19

Wonder how much $ Lewis would be asking for if he had outscored his teammate.;)

:)

Whole things obscene tbh, Jensons 12m is obscene.

Advertisement

#3752 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 19:29

tbh, I think more than anything qualifying will be about who gets a clean lap. With the track ever getting better, cars will constantly be out on track, and getting a clear lap will be the hardest part. Of course combined with not ruining anyone else's lap. A tricky situation.

#3753 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 20:53

But will he be able to get enough heat into his tyres?

:lol:

Has there been a race this seasoon where both have performed well... with no issues that affect pace?

Its seemed to me that when when one does well, the other underperforms - to a relative degree...

#3754 Lights

Lights

• 9,885 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 21:01

Has there been a race this seasoon where both have performed well... with no issues that affect pace?

Its seemed to me that when when one does well, the other underperforms - to a relative degree...

Probably due to that once one is ahead, well he's ahead. Resulting in a higher chance of better race/strategy possibilities, increasing the visual gap that might aswell be almost non-existent in reality.

Don't see how they both did not perform well in Melbourne though.

#3755 BinaryDad

BinaryDad

• 1,017 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 21:09

:)

Whole things obscene tbh, Jensons 12m is obscene.

I don't think it's so obscene.

The way I look at it, it's just profit sharing that's being paid up front as if to say "we're sure that this will be a small percentage of the revenue that you will generate for us". This is just a small look into the massive amounts of money that motorsport generates for the top teams. In fact, it's just the tip of the iceberg for any form of entertainment.

#3756 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 21:34

Probably due to that once one is ahead, well he's ahead. Resulting in a higher chance of better race/strategy possibilities, increasing the visual gap that might aswell be almost non-existent in reality.

Don't see how they both did not perform well in Melbourne though.

Lewis wasn't on jb's pace on the sun though, china is the best example for me.

#3757 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 21:36

I don't think it's so obscene.

The way I look at it, it's just profit sharing that's being paid up front as if to say "we're sure that this will be a small percentage of the revenue that you will generate for us". This is just a small look into the massive amounts of money that motorsport generates for the top teams. In fact, it's just the tip of the iceberg for any form of entertainment.

Do the teams make profit out of F1 or do they spend it all? I used to say although footballers do get paid obscene amounts, if there's that much money floating about the sport I'm glad they're the ones getting a hefty chunk of it....then I realised all the clubs are either massively in debt or bankrolled by billionaires and I started to think a little differently.

#3758 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,698 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:19

Do the teams make profit out of F1 or do they spend it all? I used to say although footballers do get paid obscene amounts, if there's that much money floating about the sport I'm glad they're the ones getting a hefty chunk of it....then I realised all the clubs are either massively in debt or bankrolled by billionaires and I started to think a little differently.

:up:

Exactly, and then the fans, who earn a tiny percentage of the footballers, have to pay massive ticket prices to go and see the match.

Anyway you look at it it's crazy to pay someone millions to do something they love doing and would do for free, especially when you consider our schools and hospitals are falling apart.

I enjoy F1 but it's a frivolous exercise and these figures just emphasize how sick and unbalanced our society is.

#3759 AMG FAN

AMG FAN

• 890 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:51

True, but being outscored by your team mate 529-520 over their 43 races together might.

might what? :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#3760 Lights

Lights

• 9,885 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:05

Lewis wasn't on jb's pace on the sun though, china is the best example for me.

Perhaps. Either way, if they both perform similarly yet neither is winning, I tend to see it as if they're both underperforming. Strange case. It's easier to rate their performance if one of them is streets ahead of the other.

#3761 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,698 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:50

might what? :rolleyes:

I'll give you a clue, look at the part of your post that I bolded.

#3762 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist

• 13,744 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:51

Saturday to Lewis...

#3763 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:53

JB needs to step up to the plate.......

#3764 oligc94

oligc94

• 520 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:54

I call that 6-0 to Lewis in Quali now...

EDIT: Maths fail!! :drunk:

Edited by oligc94, 26 May 2012 - 12:56.

#3765 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:54

6-0

#3766 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:55

No need to celebrate yet - Lewis not looking that fast in first part of quali. Who knows - Massa has the magic tyres :p

Edited by pinkypants, 26 May 2012 - 12:57.

#3767 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:55

Saturday to Lewis...

They will tell you saturday doesn't matter.
Anyway nothing new. I have been saying this since the launch of the car. If McLaren is not the fastest car, and the field is very close, BUT will struggle(in qualifying more than usual).
If the car is fastest/fast but has room to improve the balance, BUT will do wonders.

A pole for Ferrari today i think.

#3768 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,201 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:56

What is wrong with Button? Second time in a row he hasn't made it into Q1.

#3769 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 3,056 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:00

Lewis is owning Button. I think Jenson is going to suck for a few more weekends. So sad to see this :(

#3770 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:02

Lewis struggling :(

#3771 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:11

I expect Jenson to easily beat Lewis this weekend.

#3772 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:19

Lewis is owning Button. I think Jenson is going to suck for a few more weekends. So sad to see this :(

Sad but have to agree :(

WTF is going on?

#3773 Lights

Lights

• 9,885 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:21

Jenson didn't have the pace. That explains everything.

#3774 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:22

Why ... what's going on?

#3775 Coral

Coral

• 2,843 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:33

I'm delighted with Lewis's performance today...the McLaren has not looked fast all weekend, but I reckon Lewis can possibly win from third on the grid. But what on earth is wrong with Jenson? He did not look on the pace at any point. Very strange!

#3776 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,075 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:48

Is it me or with the higher nose difference between JB and LH became much bigger?

#3777 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:48

Why ... what's going on?

Nothing going on button fans are abit low atm can't blame them to be honest , but it is quite sad to see his performances so far he's such a likable guy but is just not stepping up at the moment :| shame because i want mclaren to get the WCC and obviously it takes 2 . Moving on to Lewis another brilliant qualifying for him 3rd on the grid and a chance for the win , seing his interview he really is loving f1 atm and is really stepping up :up:

#3778 moorsey

moorsey

• 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:51

Personally I think the difference this season between the two drivers just underlines how bad last season was for Lewis.

#3779 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:53

Thebunk,new clark is being outqualified too much isn't ?

I will not go there to dig on the boy,you can reply here.

Advertisement

#3780 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:03

Sad but have to agree :(

WTF is going on?

About quali,some of us did say that in a very tight grid this was a certainty,JB 2-3tenths and add 2-3 to setup are killing him.Lewis' ability to drive any car and put it where it doesn't belong is what's going on.

In 07 getting pole or a front row meant winning the race outright,he'd have to outQ Ham,Kimi and Massa(not counting where Alonso would be) something I don't see happening.

If JB was Ham's teammate in 07-08 he'd fare as good as Heiki did me thinks.

This season is about 10 drivers he has to outQ.

2007/2008 seasons are the last when you had to drive your car almost full throttle if you wanted to end on the podium or win a race. Car performances were very very close and if you were not FAST during Q on saturday, this means you would have started 4th/5th in every single race. JB is not a good qualifier so you can figure out how his 2007-2008 seasons would have been.

Indeed he's not and it's hurting him massively.

#3781 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 3,056 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:07

Well, Jenson will surely be thinking about a one stop tomorrow. Just keep going and see what happens. Bound to be a safety car tomorrow.

#3782 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:07

Personally I think the difference this season between the two drivers just underlines how bad last season was for Lewis.

I was wondering about this... This is one possible explanation... but there are others

#3783 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:08

Well, Jenson will surely be thinking about a one stop tomorrow. Just keep going and see what happens. Bound to be a safety car tomorrow.

There is hope. Calado in GP2 started 15th stopped early and ended up 7th or 8th

#3784 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:11

Is it me or with the higher nose difference between JB and LH became much bigger?

There is something going on .. IMO... the quali gap suddenly got bigger ... and either LH improved, JB decreased (both of which I consider the least likely explanation) or something else has happened.

... hey, I'm an equal opportunity conspiracy theorist :cool:

#3785 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:12

What happened to Button? He was kicking Hamilton's ass in the first three races

...and has been outqualified in the first 6 qualis.;)

Anyway in Melbourne, without the two hindering pit stops (which cost time and positions), LH would have been finished right behind Button, having the same pace. Lewis had a clutch problem at the start, and couldn't get the heat into the tyres as soon as Button after the start (they said problems with setup or tyre pressure), after that Lewis had the pace of Jenson on the first stint and tyre management was the same too. That's not kicking ass.

#3786 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:31

...and has been outqualified in the first 6 qualis.;)

Anyway in Melbourne, without the two hindering pit stops (which cost time and positions), LH would have been finished right behind Button, having the same pace. Lewis had a clutch problem at the start, and couldn't get the heat into the tyres as soon as Button after the start (they said problems with setup or tyre pressure), after that Lewis had the pace of Jenson on the first stint and tyre management was the same too. That's not kicking ass.

I think he defeated Lewis with good margin that day.

Wasn't only he getting heat into the tyres early on the start,but on every stint he was doing the first laps faster than Lewis and later managing.

He had Lewis over control on Melbourne for sure,but SC and Mclaren for sure screwed the second place of Hamilton.

I am cool now when Button defeats Hamilton,i think he is one of the best,he is WDC !!! so when he does good,i recognize and accept defeat.

My problem now is only with Mclaren,doing a poor job with Button too,but worse with Hamilton.

Edited by Boxerevo, 26 May 2012 - 14:33.

#3787 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:09

Thebunk,new clark is being outqualified too much isn't ?

I will not go there to dig on the boy,you can reply here.

It is a disgrace. No excuses. In fact I think Button shouldnt even give interviews but just quietly go home and do some real thourough introspection. It is just unacceptable, the margin to Lewis. Jenson had a big mouth pre mugello test, and said that he didnt need to be there, but look at him now.

*tin foil hat on* but maybe Withmarsh has secretly switched sides and is now sabotaging Button *tin foil hat off*;)

Edited by TheBunk, 26 May 2012 - 15:20.

#3788 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,864 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:17

There is something going on .. IMO... the quali gap suddenly got bigger ... and either LH improved, JB decreased (both of which I consider the least likely explanation) or something else has happened.

I think Jenson hasn't yet worked out the right setup for the high nose car. If he doesn't get it sorted out soon, he will have no chance at WDC.

I was puzzled in Q2 though, I'm fairly sure Jenson did a 5-lap run at the end there. At the start of that run, he would have had too much fuel onboard, and by the end, tyres in poor condition. It hardly makes sense to me.

#3789 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 3,056 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:18

Button made some changes between FP3 and Q1. I think that's the problem: too many changes.

Edited by Dalton007, 26 May 2012 - 15:18.

#3790 femi

femi

• 6,496 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:28

Button made some changes between FP3 and Q1. I think that's the problem: too many changes.

In my view, there was no point that JB looked hot.

#3791 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:29

It's mainly the off-throttle EBD. It stamped out rear instability on corner entry which Button hates and Hamilton is very good at dealing with. That, combined with the sensitivity of the tyres has penalised Button much more than Hamilton.

#3792 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:32

I think button is the new "Massa"

as in as much a bit*h Massa is to Alonso....same way button has been owned by Lewis.....am sorry but its the truth!!

#3793 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,201 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:32

In my view, there was no point that JB looked hot.

Yes he didn't look that great but I didn't expect him to end up 13th. It was also a very confusing session to watch due to the technical issues they were having with live timing. Hamilton also looked slightly off the pace in comparison with qualifications in the past but did very well to end up fourth.

#3794 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,201 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:34

as in as much a bit*h Massa is to Alonso....same way button has been owned by Lewis.....am sorry but its the truth!!

I wouldn't take it to that extent. Button is no Massa and to give Massa some credit, he's changed since his accident, in my opinion.

#3795 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,698 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:36

It's mainly the off-throttle EBD. It stamped out rear instability on corner entry which Button hates and Hamilton is very good at dealing with. That, combined with the sensitivity of the tyres has penalised Button much more than Hamilton.

Nah, he had race winning pace in Oz and China with this car, he's got some technical issue that they haven't solved yet. Look at Vettel, nowhere today and Webbers on pole.

#3796 P123

P123

• 8,713 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:39

JB is just a victim of the close grid. He was 0.35s off LH in Spain Q2 and today 0.4s off LH in Q2. Any other year that's only a couple of positions.

#3797 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,698 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:42

The truth is he still has more points than Lewis over 43 races, that's a big sample, only a very stupid person would describe that as owned.

#3798 femi

femi

• 6,496 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:42

I think JB's issues are the tyres, he couldn't feel sufficient grip to have the required confidence to commit to those corners and if that is the case, he will keep having that problem for a while just like he said.

The things is any F1 driver will look fast if they have the car underneath them like JB wants it. LH crushing him in the same car isn't going to aid JB's recovery one bit.

So much for the fallacy these Pirellis will suit JB more than LH...

#3799 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:47

After 2 races it looked like JB had closed the gap in quali so not sure how EBD explanation fits in with that?

Advertisement

#3800 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 15:51

I think JB's issues are the tyres, he couldn't feel sufficient grip to have the required confidence to commit to those corners and if that is the case, he will keep having that problem for a while just like he said.

The things is any F1 driver will look fast if they have the car underneath them like JB wants it. LH crushing him in the same car isn't going to aid JB's recovery one bit.

So much for the fallacy these Pirellis will suit JB more than LH...

+1.........nice one my naija paddy!!