Photo

Eddie Jordan RT3-82

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dmandam

dmandam

• 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:15

Ayrton Senna apparently tested Eddie Jordan's RT3-82 that had been used by James Weaver in the 1982 F3 series. Does anyone have photos of the car during this test? Reportedly it was in the same basic livery as it had for Weaver but with some differences. There are images on the net of the former but nothing I can find of it in Senna's hands.
Thanks in advance,
David

Advertisement

#2 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 21:08

Ayrton Senna apparently tested Eddie Jordan's RT3-82 that had been used by James Weaver in the 1982 F3 series. Does anyone have photos of the car during this test? Reportedly it was in the same basic livery as it had for Weaver but with some differences. There are images on the net of the former but nothing I can find of it in Senna's hands.
Thanks in advance,
David

IIRC Ayrton Senna raced a Ralt RT3-82 at an end-of-season meeting (televised?) in 1982, it'd have been an EJR car, can anyone confirm, please? :)

#3 grd

grd

• 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 21:36

IIRC Ayrton Senna raced a Ralt RT3-82 at an end-of-season meeting (televised?) in 1982, it'd have been an EJR car, can anyone confirm, please? :)

I think it was the Mansilla car that is now owned by Richard Eyre and is entered in this years Monaco historic

#4 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,582 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:36

Agreed - it was definitely the Dick Bennetts ex-Mansilla car at Thruxton.

The test for Eddie Jordan took place in mid-season (late June or early July) on the Silverstone Club circuit. I shouldn't have thought they'd have changed the livery significantly for this test.

Edited by Tim Murray, 20 March 2012 - 08:37.

#5 dmandam

dmandam

• 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 00:48

Thanks for the responses.
I have managed to find a couple of images of the EJR Weaver car and one of it being tested by Senna.
As Tim suggested the basic livery is unchanged (white overall with lots of sponsor graphics (Walshe Builders Merchants, Plastic Padding, T. L. Clowes, Whyatt, ClubTurf, Racing For Britain, FPC, ICS, etc)).
For the test the FPC and an unidentifiable sponsor's graphics on the top of the side pods were removed and the RFB logos were moved to the front of the radiator openings. Working Environments Ltd graphics were added on both sides of the nose cone and the Plastic Padding on its tip were taped over.

Apparently someone did a drawing of the car which appeared as a double page spread in Autosport as a thank you for the sponsors at the end of the season: anyone recall which issue?

The first F3 raced by Senna was indeed the ex-Mansilla car run by WSR (Dick Bennets): blue with yellow trim for Mansilla; with green trim and different sponsor graphics added for Senna.