* * * * - 3 votes

Australian Channel 10/ ONE HD Coverage [merged]

• Please log in to reply
847 replies to this topic

#551 Jaybools

Jaybools

• 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:35

SD wasn't that much different (this is on a 59" 1080p samsung), so if you have a tv any smaller then that, and you are complaining (since it will look better than what I'm seeing), you're a ****ing jerk of a fan.

This 100% no compromise asshole tactic is pathetic. 46% more people watched the race because it was on channel ten, that means potentially 46% more fans, just like you, got to see it but due to personal economical reasons they are unable to buy a HDTV, or its not on their priority list. This isn't their issue.

Instead, ask for it to be broadcast on BOTH channels. As far as I'm concerned whatever trash they put on ONE instead of the F1 for that timeslot isn't going to garner any viewership. I looked last time and it was called Domestic Disputes or some bullshit like that..

Advertisement

#552 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,529 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:59

love the craptastic motogp coverage... locking up every 10 seconds

well done 10

With all due respect - if it was a satellite issue then hardly 10's fault...

#553 mongo580

mongo580

• 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:19

Agree Bennie. Rubbish. Satellite issue! Does only one Satellite carry it? Not good enough.

#554 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:32

oh dear

#555 lbennie

lbennie

• 1,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:37

With all due respect - if it was a satellite issue then hardly 10's fault...

well considering I was able to download a bbc rip soon afterwards without said breakup, im not so sure.

they do have a history of rolling out the old satellite excuse when other broadcasters have no such problems. remember china?

oh dear

oh look, ten's very own white knight is here to vanquish the haters once again.

Edited by lbennie, 30 April 2012 - 03:51.

#556 Jazza

Jazza

• 994 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:27

They obviously had some issue out of their control. I noticed when they fixed it during the middle part of the race the picture quality was very blurry (like an old analog signal), so they must have switched to a back up feed. Considering the threat of rain at the track there may have been a local storm causing a mess. I find it hard to fault Ten for that.

Edited by Jazza, 30 April 2012 - 05:23.

#557 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,019 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53

SD wasn't that much different (this is on a 59" 1080p samsung), so if you have a tv any smaller then that, and you are complaining (since it will look better than what I'm seeing), you're a ****ing jerk of a fan.

It's been pretty well established that anything above a 32'' screen will show a notable difference between SD and HD, especially when it comes to long distance shots like in sports.

This 100% no compromise asshole tactic is pathetic. 46% more people watched the race because it was on channel ten, that means potentially 46% more fans, just like you, got to see it but due to personal economical reasons they are unable to buy a HDTV, or its not on their priority list. This isn't their issue.

Its not an issue for those who have converted either if others can't afford $30 for a set top box. There have been plenty of Government schemes to encourage people to do so. If they still couldn't they previously just had to watch it an hour or two delayed.

Instead, ask for it to be broadcast on BOTH channels.

It was broadcast on both channels before the change, delayed on channel 10. Which was something that F1 fans had it endure for many years before, despite protests, despite whole websites devoted to getting F1 live. However, there is a reason why they can't show both at the same time on different channels, its some stupid Government law but don't recall what it says exactly.

They obviously had some issue out of their control. I noticed when they fixed it during the middle part of the race the picture quality was very blurry (like an old analog single), so they must have switched to a back up feed. Considering the threat of rain at the track there may have been a local storm causing a mess. I find it hard to fault Ten for that.

:up:

Edited by Zippel, 30 April 2012 - 04:55.

#558 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:30

As long as the television has a digital tuner then it should be able to accept a HD signal, it may not be able to display it, instead it will scale it back to either 576i or 480p.

Nup, pretty sure that doesn't work. :)

Sure HD functionality is standard now, but old TVs last for a long time. People with 20 year old CRTs with old SD set-top boxes, or with SD flat panels bought 5-10 years ago, aren't necessarily going to rush out and upgrade to the lastest 60" HD plasma. (Why? So they can see 5 foot tall close-ups of ms. Gillard and mr. abbot's smiley faces on the evening news :eek: :lol: )

#559 slideways

slideways

• 3,194 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:07

Enough about this faceless hoard who can't afford a $30 set top box or a $100 720p TV (kogan etc).

Advertisement

#560 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,244 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:14

foxtel are running an offer where you get a free (presumably small and chinese-cheap) HDTV as part of getting the package ... they must be following this thread!

but i have to admit: i watched the waratahs v crusaders live yesterday then a recording of nine's replay of tigers v eels afterwards and i found myself squinting at the latter because i had trouble distinguishing faces, following the motion of the ball etc. i got used to it after a while and was able to enjoy the game, but there really is something to this HD > SD talk.

#561 lbennie

lbennie

• 1,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:42

foxtel are running an offer where you get a free (presumably small and chinese-cheap) HDTV as part of getting the package ... they must be following this thread!

but i have to admit: i watched the waratahs v crusaders live yesterday then a recording of nine's replay of tigers v eels afterwards and i found myself squinting at the latter because i had trouble distinguishing faces, following the motion of the ball etc. i got used to it after a while and was able to enjoy the game, but there really is something to this HD > SD talk.

nah, we all just pay an extra 30 bucks a month for shits and giggles :lol:

Edited by lbennie, 30 April 2012 - 06:43.

#562 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:46

Nines ARL coverage is very poor,although better than last year(they must have upped the bit rate or improved the HD to SD conversion) its nearly unwatchable on some large screen full HD LCD's.AFL on Mate is crystal clear on our 55" Sony but the RL has little halos around the players like the blurred motion on early model LCD's.

#563 InvertedLift

InvertedLift

• 188 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 14:41

I couldn't believe how bad MotoGP looks in SD.

It is so much worse than F1, plus the added contrast of Moto2/3 being in HD :rolleyes:

I didn't even watch Moto2/3 and only got home halfway through the race but was shocked at how shit the quality was. (Btw, I watched every class, every round of MGP last year).

I can't even imagine how bad it was for those who had to downgrade after watching two classes properly.

I hope the new 10 execs all suffer terrible misfortune.

#564 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,365 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 15:04

What's this dumbass rule about not showing the same show on both the HD and Sd channel? Sounds insane.

#565 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:44

I didnt know there was a rule about it? Nine used to do that on #9 & #90 but then stopped when they started GEM. I think Seven did the same too.
I figured it must've made more commercial sense to run a separate channel with a different target audience?

Maybe the government needs to allow the networks to each run one extra HD channel as long as its a complete copy (ads and all) of their SD main channel. It would disadvantage no-one and benefit lots.

The whole analogue/digital SD/HD situation is a schamozzle. Digital should never have been in SD but now were stuck with people owning durable goods (the tv's with long lives stated above) that are only a few years old and superceded.

When digital tv launched in Australia, was it all SD? I cant remember exactly, but the early adopters are getting screwed and the legislation is a patchwork clusterf*ck to try to stop this happeneing, and them taking it out on the government in the polling booth if they were to bin all SD transmission.

#566 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,019 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:49

Sorry, I think I'm getting a bit mixed up about anti-siphoning rules that affect some Australian sports.

http://www.theaustra...6-1226146308719

I keep forgetting it shouldn't affect F1 outside our local GP. I remember it being quite an issue a couple of years back when Channel 7 begun broadcasting the V8 Supercars and Footy but stopped showing some V8 races live.

#567 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,356 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:00

Enough about this faceless hoard who can't afford a $30 set top box or a $100 720p TV (kogan etc).

So what if you bought a $6000 42 inch SD plasma in 2002?

Throw it in the council skip?

Contributing to Foxconn profits and filling up their shed/garage with superseded but functional equipment isn't top priority for all consumers of course.

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 01 May 2012 - 05:04.

#568 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:23

The "faceless hoard":
http://news.smh.com....0430-1xu4e.html

When you're skipping medical treatment and food to make the rent payments $30 is a shitload of money.
It may seem ludicrous to a lot of people that spend $15 a day on lunch and a coffee but its there, and its a real problem.

People shouldn't feel guilty about having material possessions, but you need to pull your head out of your arse if you think theres not others doing it very tough.
FTA tv is most likely the only entertainment in their budget ... but some people cant be convinved to see things from another perpective so I think I'll just give up on that point.

#569 lbennie

lbennie

• 1,825 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:44

AFL, NRL, A-league, Super14, V8 supercars are all available live & in HD.

why do we, when all we are doing is asking for the same, get lumped with these arrogance accusations?

the problem isn't which side of the fence you're on with regards to SD/HD/low income/pay tv etc etc, the problem is; that there is a fence at all.

Edited by lbennie, 01 May 2012 - 05:44.

#570 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,356 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:16

When you're skipping medical treatment and food to make the rent payments $30 is a shitload of money.
It may seem ludicrous to a lot of people that spend $15 a day on lunch and a coffee but its there, and its a real problem.

I agree with this too.

I also want to note that some folks are quite happy to keep something until it actually needs replacing. Those who replace a leased Audi every 2.5 years might find the notion of for example a farmer going to the dealership and buying a brand new v8 Holden Caprice, then going to the dealership 20 years later to buy a replacement brand new v8 Holden Caprice as "remarkable". :)

#571 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,356 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:19

why do we, when all we are doing is asking for the same, get lumped with these arrogance accusations?

Are you sure that all of the HD channels are even available in rural areas? In the analogue days I recall ten and seven, I think, being lumped together into one channel for example in large parts of the country.

Anyway, I doubt they will persist with showing some "other crap" on their hd sports channel while a grand prix is underway, for long. :)

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 01 May 2012 - 06:20.

#572 zztopless1

zztopless1

• 169 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44

the problem isn't which side of the fence you're on with regards to SD/HD/low income/pay tv etc etc, the problem is; that there is a fence at all.

You sure? Foxtel, yes I believe all AFL games are live and in HD. NRL, I think nine have exclusive rights on the two friday night matches and the Sunday game? Nine haven't broadcast NRL live for some time (including State of Origin and the GF). Super14, yes as it's foxtel. A-League, yes Foxtel. V8 Supercars, no, maybe Bathurst, but again, I don't think so. Also, Tennis - none of the Grandslam coverage on FTA is in HD, including the Australian open, which was recorded by Seven on HD, so that the rest of the world could get HD, but not us (not even when it was on 7mate). Tour de France - on the SBS channel, but the bitrate was so low it looked like SD.

AFL on 7mate is not HD btw.

#573 Jazza

Jazza

• 994 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:27

I couldn't believe how bad MotoGP looks in SD.

It is so much worse than F1, plus the added contrast of Moto2/3 being in HD :rolleyes:

I didn't even watch Moto2/3 and only got home halfway through the race but was shocked at how shit the quality was. (Btw, I watched every class, every round of MGP last year).

I can't even imagine how bad it was for those who had to downgrade after watching two classes properly.

I hope the new 10 execs all suffer terrible misfortune.

You were unlucky. The quality wasn't actually that bad. What happened was there was constant interruption in the telecast causing the image to break up about every five seconds. In an add break during the race they clearly switch to a back up feed (or made some modification to fix the problem). After the add break there was no more interference, but the quality was awful, looking very blurry and dole. It wont normally look that bad.

Edited by Jazza, 01 May 2012 - 10:31.

#574 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,365 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 13:33

Then you really were quite thick. I never liked these new fangled TV's 10 years ago because the picture always looked ABSOLUTE SHIT with the wrong aspect ratio and stretching too few pixels across too many inches of TV. I never understood why people were buying them, made zero sense to me. Can they not just buy a set top box and watch digital TV?

How long before they ban analogue? Any formal plans? Did it here last year, ran ads for 12 months saying "you need a new TV or a digital box from Radio Shack people" and it seemed to go OK.

#575 Jazza

Jazza

• 994 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 14:22

Then you really were quite thick. I never liked these new fangled TV's 10 years ago because the picture always looked ABSOLUTE SHIT with the wrong aspect ratio and stretching too few pixels across too many inches of TV. I never understood why people were buying them, made zero sense to me. Can they not just buy a set top box and watch digital TV?

How long before they ban analogue? Any formal plans? Did it here last year, ran ads for 12 months saying "you need a new TV or a digital box from Radio Shack people" and it seemed to go OK.

I don't think that is what V8 was getting at. The problem is that there are 3 (and 1/2) types of TV configuration in Australia. Analogue, SD digital, HD digital. (The half comes from MPEG4 that many older Digital receivers cannot pick up. So someone may have a SD Topbox, but can not get newer SD channels which are in MPEG4. Not that anyone would want them anyway as they are just rubbish.)

So even when Analogue gets switched off in a year or so, a lot of people who were the first to move to digital will not be able to get the HD channels. They were the $6000 plasma generation who can get Digital channels today, but only in SD. They are the ones who will not be in a rush to throw the old stuff away and upgrade, because their equipment may only be 5 or so years old.

#576 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,365 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 14:32

Who the **** buys a $6,000 TV to watch it in SD even if that is all that's available at the time??? Completely POINTLESS, looked shit at the time cos the TV's were too big for the amount of resolution. I held off buying a flat screen until 2 years ago because, well because the picture always looked shit to me.

Edited by Alfisti, 01 May 2012 - 14:33.

#577 Jazza

Jazza

• 994 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 16:56

Who the **** buys a $6,000 TV to watch it in SD even if that is all that's available at the time??? Completely POINTLESS, looked shit at the time cos the TV's were too big for the amount of resolution. I held off buying a flat screen until 2 years ago because, well because the picture always looked shit to me.

Same. I held off till 2009 when they looked good and had a realistic price tag. Until then my CRT served me well.

But the people who bought those TV's back then are no different to the people who now buy a fully featured 60+ inch TV, only to sit on a couch less than 6 feet away and complain that 90% of the TV shows look shit because they are still only SD. Of course once everything goes HD they will eventually be happy, but they will probably then be the ones arguing against the next generation of technolgy saps in 2017 who are complaining that F1 looks shit. This time is it because their 100 inch Super HD quantum panel TV in real 12:5 widescreen and equipped with morphing 3D dynamic raised relief display, makes 2D 16:9 1080i images looked pixilated and blurry when they are sitting less than 2 meters away. In other words, once people spend a fortune on the newest technology only to find out it was a complete waist of money, they are often hesitant to upgrade again (Unless of course they are complete fuckwits). It is normally someone else who takes the next leap and expects everyone else to catch up to them.

This is why this SD vs HD problem is not going to go away any time soon. People spent a fortune for SD digital technology only 5-10 years ago and are in no rush to upgrade again. They may have jumped in too soon back then not knowing HD was around the corner, but they have what they have and are not going to go buy a new HD TV now for 5 extra channels (most of it only SD shows anyway) And as long as probably half of the nation are in the SD boat, the government won't allow any more than 5 HD channels. Australian television is a mess because its a stalemate.

Edited by Jazza, 01 May 2012 - 17:02.

#578 wiligates

wiligates

• 2,785 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 22:11

It was supposed to be a year or two ago but they pushed it back.Think it may end next year.They actually set some kind of help programme up for pensioners and wood ducks with a ridiculous amount to set them up with a set top box.It was about $300.Even though as has been mentioned the things are selling now for $30.I'm guessing the other $270 is "installation cost" by the usual gov scheme skimmers.

#579 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,046 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 22:57

They were $25,000 just a couple of years before that but dropped quickly to under $10,000 when the first LCD's started to appear.One of my relations purchased a Panny. 42" set for $20,000+ around the time of the Sydney Olympics,it wasn't even SD,it was 640-480 which is NTSC and scales Pal down.

Analogue switch off as already started,big chunk of NSW goes in June and up here on the Qld border gets switched off in Nov.

http://www.digitalre...outh-Wales.aspx

Advertisement

#580 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:26

Well technically you will have been watching up-scaled SD, as HD was not made available by F.O.M. until the 2011 season.

There was a 3 minute clip taken at the 2003 German Grand Prix at Hockenheim during Free Practice in HD.
It was never broadcast on TV. It was showcasing HD technology at the time, I don't remember where I got it from but have it on DVD.

That's what I was referring to when I mentioned first seeing F1 in HD in 2003.

#581 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,244 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:11

i have much more sympathy for old people and the poor in rural and regional areas (city people have little idea how poor most country folk are) who will struggle to afford the transition to digital than i do for more-money-than-sense early adopters who stick five figures (or even six figures, WTF?) on a TV. i squeezed every ray out of my cathode box until basic brand-name 36"-40" TVs dipped below $500. very happy with my purchase BTW.

#582 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:21

Moto3 and Moto2 in HD but MotoGP in SD in Spain.
This weekend in Portugal only Moto2 being shown live in HD (no Moto3), MotoGP in SD although qualifying is in HD again.

F1 live race in SD but qualifying is live in HD. Why do I want to watch F1 in it's highest quality for qualifying but not the race?

Last year was good. If 2010 couldn't get non-F1 fans onboard when an Aussie was within grasp of a World Championship again after so long, nothing will. So I don't see why putting it on SD for the 'masses' will make F1 suddenly take off when it didn't in 2010.

#583 silver fan

silver fan

• 3,104 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:41

Currently there is a rolling timetable for the analogue signal to be switched off. The ACT & Southern Tablelands are due to switch off the analogue signal on the 5th June 2012 with the rest of the country due to be digital only by 2013.

#584 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,356 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:48

If 2010 couldn't get non-F1 fans onboard when an Aussie was within grasp of a World Championship again after so long, nothing will.

To be fair, a lot of casual aussie sports fans decided Webber was over-rated a long time before that. Ricciardio might be able to engage the casual sports fan a bit better. :)

#585 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:53

If 2010 couldn't get non-F1 fans onboard when an Aussie was within grasp of a World Championship again after so long, nothing will. So I don't see why putting it on SD for the 'masses' will make F1 suddenly take off when it didn't in 2010.

Actually Stoner hasnt got me interested in MotoGP, but if were on after a show that I was watching, Id probebly be more inclined to stay with it.

#586 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 13:20

Currently there is a rolling timetable for the analogue signal to be switched off. The ACT & Southern Tablelands are due to switch off the analogue signal on the 5th June 2012 with the rest of the country due to be digital only by 2013.

Ok so it's close, so as of the end of next year one can run SD on one channel and HD on a sister channel like other civilised societies?

#587 silver fan

silver fan

• 3,104 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:16

Ok so it's close, so as of the end of next year one can run SD on one channel and HD on a sister channel like other civilised societies?

Hope springs eternal. Once the country is Digital only, then Networks will no longer have any excuse not to simulcast shows in SD & HD.

#588 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:27

Except for government regulations

#589 slideways

slideways

• 3,194 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:40

Throw it in the council skip?

Buy a set top box!! They can downscale 720p or 1080i to 480p via RCA.

If it was me I'd stick it in the bedroom and get a new TV though, you can get a decent 42 for under a grand these days.

#590 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 00:55

Hello everyone!

I need your help, as I don't quite understand the coverage of F1 by Channel Ten.

Just got a TV and only have 4 channels (7, 9, 10 and... France 2!). What do you reckon I will be able to see on Ten?

Quali and Race? On their website, they write that quali is on channel One... :(

Edit: I'm in Melbourne.

Edited by AdHoc, 11 May 2012 - 00:55.

#591 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,529 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:36

Hello everyone!

I need your help, as I don't quite understand the coverage of F1 by Channel Ten.

Just got a TV and only have 4 channels (7, 9, 10 and... France 2!). What do you reckon I will be able to see on Ten?

Quali and Race? On their website, they write that quali is on channel One... :(

Edit: I'm in Melbourne.

Yes qualy will be on One (and let's not get into that again) - but you should be able to get a minimum of 5 channels in Melbourne (2,7,9,10,SBS - are you calling SBS France 2 :) )

Sounds like you have an old CRT telly?

If not a digital telly then will need to get a set top box to allow you to pickup the digital channels.

#592 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:20

To be fair, a lot of casual aussie sports fans decided Webber was over-rated a long time before that. Ricciardio might be able to engage the casual sports fan a bit better. :)

I disagree, the casual sports fan would not even know who Daniel Ricciardo is, especially driving for a Toro Rosso with a very low chance of scoring points let alone podiums and wins...

#593 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:45

Yes qualy will be on One (and let's not get into that again) - but you should be able to get a minimum of 5 channels in Melbourne (2,7,9,10,SBS - are you calling SBS France 2 :) )

Sounds like you have an old CRT telly?

If not a digital telly then will need to get a set top box to allow you to pickup the digital channels.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So I'll still need to go to that bar to watch qualifying, pffff...

Yeah, old CRT, normal TV antenna cable, only four channels here and France 2 is a French national channel ;)

#594 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,529 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:19

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So I'll still need to go to that bar to watch qualifying, pffff...

Yeah, old CRT, normal TV antenna cable, only four channels here and France 2 is a French national channel ;)

Well you could go to that bar (the Charles Dickens Tavern?) Or you could pop down to jb hifi or similar and get a set top box for $30 - assuming you can afford that.

Yeah I know France 2 is a French channel just don't know how you can pick it up here...

#595 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,714 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:27

assuming you can afford that.

A smart little caveat considering where this thread has gone in the past!

#596 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,244 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:37

can you get to the CDT and back plus watch quali for less than $30? and even if you don't drink (which would make you a very popular patron) then surely you could only do three return trips tops before you beat the box spend...

#597 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,529 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:46

A smart little caveat considering where this thread has gone in the past!

:p

can you get to the CDT and back plus watch quali for less than $30? and even if you don't drink (which would make you a very popular patron) then surely you could only do three return trips tops before you beat the box spend...

Depends I guess if he has a weekly/monthly travelcard of sorts - then getting there and back wouldn't really cost him anything extra. And if he didn't drink then it's pretty much free.

I know I couldn't not drink in a bar - so if I'd wanted to save money I'd have to get the set top box and watch it at home... :lol:

Edited by krapmeister, 11 May 2012 - 03:49.

#598 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:03

Yep I'm going to the Tavern every weekend and can't not drink either :)

And the atmosphere is fun, especially for Sepang, when I was the only one yelling YEAAAAAAAAAH when Alonso crossed the line hahaha.

Didn't know about this "top box", I'll check it out.

As for France 2, no clue how I'm getting it, but it sometimes switches to another unidentified Ozzie channel :confused:

#599 McPedro

McPedro

• 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:18

And the atmosphere is fun, especially for Sepang, when I was the only one yelling YEAAAAAAAAAH when Alonso crossed the line hahaha.

As for France 2, no clue how I'm getting it, but it sometimes switches to another unidentified Ozzie channel :confused:

That will be the local TV channel. Here in Brisbane it is Bris31 and we get German TV on it at times!

Advertisement

#600 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,529 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:29

You want something like this: http://www.jbhifionl...-top-box/659072

Go to any store that sells tellys and explain that you have an old CRT tv and want to receive the digital channels, and they should be able to help you out.

Should be able to get something around $30...