• 929 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:40

9.42pm, finally. Pathetic Ten :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#402 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,567 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:42

Do you really like the pre-show with Rust/Beattie/Baird that much?

#403 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:50

576i looks HORRIBLE! hase around all objects, shit I hate 10. The pre race show is crap its on mute and I have SKY stream open

#404 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:53

You really don't know what HD is do you :lol: we got HD the same time the rest of the world got HD....when FOM decided to broadcast it in HD! Its not up to the tv stations its all up to Bernie and what he GAVE the tv stations.

Bartel you can get your HD and whining and ... good riddance and goodbye !

#405 GotYoubyTheBalls

GotYoubyTheBalls

• 301 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:55

mmmm f1 in sd

#406 lwd

lwd

• 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:24

I assume the Eastern states are at least watching the race live?

It seems anyone not in the Eastern states has to watch it delayed, complete with pre-race rubbish. Still waiting....

#407 WigF1

WigF1

• 62 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:58

Jesus, 10 are ad tastic tonight

#408 Burt007

Burt007

• 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 13:48

9.42pm, finally. Pathetic Ten :rolleyes:

9:47pm here in Perth - watching podium on online stream whilst pre-race show just starts on Channel Ten.

Pathetic!!

#409 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 14:40

576i looks HORRIBLE! hase around all objects, shit I hate 10. The pre race show is crap its on mute and I have SKY stream open

Mate get a hobby, it's not healthy to be that obsessed with some flashing lights in a box

#410 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 973 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 15:06

The race was fine for me on my 2003-spec TV, looked no different to any other race on One. :p

#411 slideways

slideways

• 3,268 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 15:07

Yeah be a real hobbyist! None of this coming onto a forum dedicated to your hobby of watching F1 on television and making all of these comments about your experiences watching F1 on television!!! Bi-annual readers digest telegrams or nothing!!

Seriously ... one of the worst weekends since CH.10 took coverage. It wasn't even a head lining show or movie that caused them to downsize/delay it. :mad:

#412 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,307 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 23:46

that wasn't so bad.

a slightly shorter pre-race show but that's just filler to accommodate ads and sponsors so no big deal. picture quality (noticeably) not quite as good but could still see clearly enough on my 40" HD TV. no ads until the end of the first round of pit-stops and maybe one MW pass missed during a commercial break but otherwise all main talking points covered live. i stayed up and enjoyed the race until KR failed to pass SV with 30 laps to go, at which point i realised that was that and went to bed.

would love to know what the ratings and commercial implications were for ten/one.

#413 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,880 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 00:09

The quality was good enough. As long as we get to see the race live and in decent quality.

#414 Mohawkk

Mohawkk

• 63 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 00:31

Well the sky didnt fall last night (well not for us in the eastern states)
Picture quality nowhere near as good as the quali on ONEHD (40" samsung LED Sitting 3m back at 7degrees off center, with moodlighting :p )
Ads seemed to be more (or did it just seem like it because i was having trouble with live timing)
overall score :up: :up: out of 5
better then having to find a good stream online

#415 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 00:57

Bartel you can get your HD and whining and ... good riddance and goodbye !

I don't even know why you're still in this thread mate, we know your opinion, you have bad eyesight and can't tell the difference between SD and HD, you don't care about anything as long as its Live, which it isn't in some parts. And you're still living in the past where you think its okay to not have the best, and if that is how you operate then that's fine by me and good luck with that. Point taken, you don't need to keep saying "i just don't get some people, who cares, blah blah im a real bloke and i dont care if it sucks, i cant tell the different so its okay' so on your bike son.

#416 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 00:59

Mate get a hobby, it's not healthy to be that obsessed with some flashing lights in a box

You need glasses, I suggest you get a pair. Also, you're on a Formula 1 forum posting in a thread about a Tv channel, so I suggest you find your own hobby.

Edited by Bartel, 23 April 2012 - 01:01.

#417 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:21

Jesus, 10 are ad tastic tonight

the first round of ads did not start till the 10th lap cant complain about that .. and hardcore as I am I also have a back up stream so i revert to that whilst we have ads.

#418 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23

:clap: the man has nothing better to do ..

#419 teejay

teejay

• 3,652 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24

Streamed it live, not even going to consider watching it delayed. Kiss my ass Channel 10.

Advertisement

#420 silver fan

silver fan

• 3,104 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26

576i on a 59 inch Plasma is horrid. Meanwhile over on OneHD the Netball is broadcast in HD, swell.

#421 teejay

teejay

• 3,652 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26

On the australian website

THE Ten Network is at loggerheads with some sponsors and could be forced into reinstating live Formula One and MotoGP broadcasts to its digital channel One HD after a wave of fan anger.

Sponsors have raised concerns that markets, including Adelaide and Perth, where emerging F1 star Daniel Ricciardo's parents live, will be forced to view delayed telecasts because Ten has switched coverage to its main channel.

Unlike One, Ten broadcasts only in standard definition, after previously promoting the 2012 Formula One season as being "Live and in HD".

According to some advertisers, motorsport would be confined to Ten at 9.30pm on Sundays.

Hundreds of diehard fans have taken to social media, vowing to pirate race feeds online, using overseas file-sharing services.

Ten said last week that the move had been made for commercial reasons, but by Friday the network was refusing to comment further as the furore grew.

A Ten spokesman said advertisers were told weeks ago about the shift, but sponsors denied this.

According to one of the broadcast's biggest sponsors, Swisse Vitamins, which also supports Formula One driver Mark Webber, it was not aware of the move until contacted by Media on Friday.

"Swisse contacted Network Ten when we received a call from The Australian," a spokesman for the company said.

"We have been informed that it is only live on the east coast at this stage but that the network is looking at all options."

Shannon's Car Insurance, a division of Suncorp Metway, also denied it had been told several weeks ago, saying it had been contacted by Ten earlier last week.

"We have already passed on the concerns expressed by some enthusiasts directly to Channel Ten and will continue to review the situation, as we do with any sponsorship," Shannon executive manager of marketing Mark Behr said.

More than 650 people flooded Ten's Facebook page with complaints about the move, many threatening to use pirated live feeds of races from overseas.

Motorsport forums, and even Ten's Facebook page, have since been alive with viewers trading advice on how to source live F1 feeds on the internet.

TV networks are under increasing pressure over live and HD sport, with Rugby League fans attacking channel Nine on Friday for showing a delayed telecast of the Anzac Test match between Australia and New Zealand.

Ten has experienced a similar backlash from MotoGP fans.

Some angry fans called for F1 and MotoGP advertisers to boycott Ten and an online "boycott Ten" website is quickly gaining hundreds of signatures.

The network made the call to move the live broadcasts from its HD network to the main channel at 9.30pm on Sundays in a bid to boost audiences on its "Super Sunday" nights.

#422 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:28

#423 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 1,313 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:31

Watched a stream, not going to wait for delayed rubbish, talking about it with people while watching live timing is part of the ritual, bloody Ten.

#424 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:35

You need glasses, I suggest you get a pair. Also, you're on a Formula 1 forum posting in a thread about a Tv channel, so I suggest you find your own hobby.

I have 2 pair, so my eyesight is arguably better than yours but Im not going to follow your dim-witted schoolyard arguments about that part of it.
Actually, even in a schoolyard your 'insults' (and im using the term VERY loosely) would be laughed at.

Feel for people in WA (and to a lesser extent SA) who get completly stooged on time differences.

#425 heidegg33

heidegg33

• 122 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:36

Seemed like there was maybe an extra ad break compared to ONE? For the next race definately will look to a stream, the only reason why someone would put up with the ads is because of the HD quality. Half of the TEN and ONE ads are their own channel promos -> pathetic.

#426 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,031 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:50

Come on guys, at least it's still free-to-air with Martin Brundle in Aus :)

Actually I have only one issue with the race being shown on channel 10 instead of One HD... The TV at my girlfriends house is pretty old and doesn't support HD channels, so I always had an excuse to go and watch the race on my nice 32-inch plasma at home. Hopefully she wont find out :cool:

#427 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,014 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:13

go get your eyes checked mate, you'll be amazed what difference it makes. may prevent you from hitting the post button twice as well ;P

#428 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:20

So it seems the people who signed the petition on the boycott site have an opinion on the coverage last night ... I'll leave you to work out the irony there.
One click activism at its finest.

#429 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,014 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:33

So it seems the people who signed the petition on the boycott site have an opinion on the coverage last night ... I'll leave you to work out the irony there.
One click activism at its finest.

who are you referring to specifically?

#430 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:35

relax, not you.

#431 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,014 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:47

nah, just curious as to how you can tell which posters have signed it and which still watched 10 last night?

#432 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:57

Hes referring to me, although im quite surprised he can tell the difference with his site short comings. So it seems the sponsors are 'whinging' too? Gonna go tell them to shut up muzzy? Go on i know you're dying too :)

#433 redbarron

redbarron

• 299 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:18

The image quality was awful on my 50 inch plasma. It was very hard to recognise the colours in the different cars and the image was very fuzzy. I felt like there were more ads. Most of the ads felt like they were just advertising their other TV shows, of which i'm sure a large portion of F1 viewers wouldn't care about.

#434 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:24

nah, just curious as to how you can tell which posters have signed it and which still watched 10 last night?

Nothing too tricky, a few people came back here after signing to make a point of it.

#435 mongo580

mongo580

• 63 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:34

ok, where is the best place to get a streaming feed? Tried Sky but you have to pay.

#436 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:46

The image quality was awful on my 50 inch plasma. It was very hard to recognise the colours in the different cars and the image was very fuzzy. I felt like there were more ads. Most of the ads felt like they were just advertising their other TV shows, of which i'm sure a large portion of F1 viewers wouldn't care about.

Gee I watched it on my 50 inch plasma too and no purposes like you were experiencing seriously either your tv is stuffed or something else .

#437 Muzzyf1

Muzzyf1

• 102 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:54

go get your eyes checked mate, you'll be amazed what difference it makes. may prevent you from hitting the post button twice as well ;P

Since you are iq challenged sometimes the forum hangs and a double post happens.

You and the ignored dude have serious problems to sit there and cry about hd or sd broadcasts people like you who constantly nag are the reason why the world is going down the toilet nag nag nag allways want more.

The reason I come on here and waste my time is I hate wingers and I ain't gonna let you people run free on here with your stupid rants!

Edited by Muzzyf1, 23 April 2012 - 03:57.

#438 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,014 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00

Since you are iq challenged sometimes the forum hangs and a double post happens.

You and the ignored dude have serious problems to sit there and cry about hd or sd broadcasts people like you who constantly nag are the reason why the world is going down the toilet nag nag nag allways want more.

The reason I come on here and waste my time is I hate wingers and I ain't gonna let you people run free on here with your stupid rants!

fair enough. however, your opinion is meaningless in here, as you have stated you can't tell the difference between SD & HD, which happens to be one of the main talking point's when comparing TEN/ONES coverage to others.

it's like a blind man coming into a thread discussing peoples favourite colours.

#439 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:02

50 inch plasma here too and I agree it was very fuzzy.

It's such a shame, we've been waiting for F1 in HD for years (first saw HD quality F1 footage in 2003). I don't understand the footage backwards step. It's 2012, wake up.

Advertisement

#440 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:09

fair enough. however, your opinion is meaningless in here, as you have stated you can't tell the difference between SD & HD, which happens to be one of the main talking point's when comparing TEN/ONES coverage to others.

it's like a blind man coming into a thread discussing peoples favourite colours.

:lol: i guess im the ignored dude, maybe I made too much sense? I still find it amusing that he is whinging about the nagging that apparently is going on. If he wants to be the internet police let him be, I already know he is vision impaired and/or mentally challenged to still not be able to tell the difference.

#441 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:14

I think the most logical answer for the move to Ten is that they feel F1 is big enough to be live on the main channel. Considering that a large percentage of people still cant get HD (a lot of them being Foxtel viewers who do not have the HD pack, and because they have cable they no longer have a working antenna on the TV) last nights race would have been watchable live by more people than had it been on One (Even taking into account the western states being shafted).

The option would have been the few getting the benefit of HD, or the many getting live SD coverage and a downgrade in resolution for those with HD. They went with the latter. They obviously are not going to put F1 live on both One and Ten to please everyone.

Edited by Jazza, 23 April 2012 - 05:34.

#442 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:28

halle-****ing-lujah

#443 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:00

I think the most logical answer for the move to Ten is that they feel F1 is big enough to be live on the main channel. Considering that a large percentage of people still cant get HD (a lot of them being Foxtel viewers who do not have the HD pack, and because they have cable they no longer have a working antenna on the TV) last nights race would have been watchable live by more people than had it been on One (Even taking into account the western states being shafted).

The option would have been the few getting the benefit of HD, or the many getting live SD coverage and a downgrade in resolution for those with HD. They went with the latter. They obviously are not going to put F1 live on both One and Ten to please everyone.

Wasn't the reason for putting it on ONE in the first place was due to the (un)popularity on F1 not warranting the prime time slot on the main (SD) channel?

#444 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:06

i'd say the guarantee of live coverage in HD has lured more people in, along with the continuing success of MW plus the rise of DR (even if he muffed his first big shot last night). i doubt many if any would tune out because of the move back to SD but it has obviously left a sour taste for some. i hadn't thought about the issues of access to HD from standard foxtel, even though i previously had to find ways around it - duh!

#445 evo

evo

• 347 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:08

when do the tv ratings come out?

edit - some dump of tv rating info:

TV Ratings for Sunday (Five metro cities).

1 The Voice (Nine) 2.691 million.
2 Beaconsfield (Nine) 1.637 million
3 Nine News 1.489
4 Seven News 1.409 million
5 Bones (Seven) 1.001 million
6 Dancing With the Stars (Seven) 991,000
7 ABC News (ABC1) 866,000
8 The Biggest Loser (Ten) 780,000
9 Modern Family (Ten) 754,000
10 Touch (Ten) 742,000

Read more: http://www.news.com....0#ixzz1sqNN5ENm

Link to article: http://www.news.com....i-1226336115880

Link to TV Ratings (more comprehensive): http://www.tvtonight...april-2012.html

F1 (Race only) in the Aust TV Ratings/Rankings:

Round 1: #2, 1.4m viewers (increased rankings building up to the race, outlier due to being an australian event) - Ch TEN
Round 2: #20, 442,000 viewers - Ch One HD
Round 3: not ranked in top 20 - Ch One HD
Round 4: #19, 425,000 - Ch TEN

So far, no difference in network ratings.

http://www.tvtonight...ime-on-ten.html

Commenting on the announcement, Ronald J Walker AC CBE, Chairman of Australian Grand Prix Corporation, said: “Network Ten has always been an outstanding partner for Formula One and MotoGP in this country and this announcement is a terrific development. Primetime, 9.30pm on Sunday nights on TEN will prove very popular with all motorsport fans.”

Edited by evo, 23 April 2012 - 07:38.

#446 goober

goober

• 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:15

:lol: i guess im the ignored dude, maybe I made too much sense? I still find it amusing that he is whinging about the nagging that apparently is going on. If he wants to be the internet police let him be, I already know he is vision impaired and/or mentally challenged to still not be able to tell the difference.

not sure if this has been posted....but its gaining momentum

http://boycotttensport.com

and same with the Shannons forum

#447 peacockantony

peacockantony

• 1,343 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:19

50 inch plasma here too and I agree it was very fuzzy.

It's such a shame, we've been waiting for F1 in HD for years (first saw HD quality F1 footage in 2003). I don't understand the footage backwards step. It's 2012, wake up.

Well technically you will have been watching up-scaled SD, as HD was not made available by F.O.M. until the 2011 season.

#448 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 9,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:54

Round 2: #20, 442,000 viewers - Ch One HD
Round 3: not ranked in top 20 - Ch One HD
Round 4: #19, 425,000 - Ch TEN

So far, no difference in network ratings.

sure there are - malaysia was on mid-afternoon, bahrain was at 10pm at night. relatively speaking, it's a better result.

#449 OssieFan

OssieFan

• 830 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:26

Wasn't chuffed to have it delayed half hour here in S.A.. Unfortunately I couldn't the timing app to show timing from the start, it seems to have the last few laps available (perhaps I need to download the race after in the app?).

#450 InvertedLift

InvertedLift

• 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:02

There was one point in the race where someone was following someone else and Martin said "Will x have the DRS availalbe (might have been Kimi)?" then he crossed the line and the flap opened (apparently) "Yes he will."

I was grateful for Martins commentary because otherwise I would have had absolutely no idea.

I thought I would give it a chance v stream but I don't know if I can justify sticking with it.

It has maybe a 10% quality improvement over a stream which has better build up, no ads, and better post race coverage.

Luckily it was a dog of a race so I didn't miss seeing anything worthwhile in reasonable quality.

Edit: Also for those pointing out the irony in signing up to the 'boycott Ten Sport' petition, it's actually mis named.

The petition is to

"By signing this petition I am agreeing to boycott any companies advertising on Channel Ten's Formula 1 broadcast from the 2012 Bahrain GP on-wards until such times as Channel Ten agrees to broadcast every race live, across the country and in high definition, as advertised."

I believe the idea is to make the companies who hold the purse strings (i.e. control) do something about it, which it looks like may be happening.

Edited by InvertedLift, 23 April 2012 - 12:09.