Photo
- - - - -

Which racing sim is simulating clutch pedal? (besides iRacing!)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 betafan

betafan

• 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:22

So, yeah - this is my question! Do you know any game that simulates clutch pedal? I found some clutch plugins for Rfactor, but I couldn't make them work.

Advertisement

#2 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 13:13

Grand Prix Legends
GT Legends
Gran Turismo 5

No idea how they manage to do it since I have no clutch pedal in my wheel system.

#3 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:11

So, yeah - this is my question! Do you know any game that simulates clutch pedal? I found some clutch plugins for Rfactor, but I couldn't make them work.

The games mentioned above my post.
Rfactor can be picky if the wheel is not properly set. I keep getting input issues if I simply jump into Rfactor without setting it properly.

Perhaps you could be more precise? Does your wheel have a clutch pedal and it's not working?

#4 SinStorm

SinStorm

• 269 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 16:24

The games mentioned above my post.
Rfactor can be picky if the wheel is not properly set. I keep getting input issues if I simply jump into Rfactor without setting it properly.

Perhaps you could be more precise? Does your wheel have a clutch pedal and it's not working?

Forza 3 and 4 simulate clutch usage. Gives an unfair advantage over non-clutch users though which causes the odd rant thread on FM.net :rotfl:

#5 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 20:13

In most sims you can cehck the clutch pedal really.

It often does not react the same as real one, but the GT Legends mod in Rfactor now has a mod that forces you to use the clutch exactly as you would in real life. SO, if you heel and toe, you muct blip the thrittle and declutch at the right times to avoid a huge mis shift and damage.

its great but to be honest a little finnicky!

#6 betafan

betafan

• 48 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 13:53

Thanks guys, I think what chunder27 describes is exactly what I need! I know most games have clutch, but it's kind of useless. I have G27, so they're good very good pedals in my opinion, but I haven't found anything that simulates the clutch. I think the new Rfactor 2 will be good, it's almost perfect in the 370Z, but it's still beta! I'll try the GT Legends mod and see how it goes:)
@chunder27 Are you actually talking about Historic GT & Touring Cars 1.01, because I can't find a mod named exactly "GT Legends" for Rfactor.

Edited by betafan, 04 April 2012 - 14:06.

#7 osellacz

osellacz

• 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 21:38

rFactor has basic clutch support by default, however with Grinding Tranny 2 plugin it's probably the most realistic clutch behaviour from all current sims. You can set exact tolerance to revmatching, separately for up/downshifting, time to auto reshift if you miss and other things. And if you miss there is nice grinding sound haha. It's worth trying to install again, it's not really hard. Also if you play mod like historic GTs, don't forget to set heel and toe in car upgrades.

http://www.rfactorce...I... Tranny Mod

Unfortunately it seems rFactor 2 will have only basic clutch support by default.

#8 ivanalesi

ivanalesi

• 1,793 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 15:26

I have to try Grinding Tranny again, because the last time it was grinding all the time! Shame it's not built into Rfactor 2, I guess it's not too hard to be done.

#9 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 16:11

I have to try Grinding Tranny again, because the last time it was grinding all the time! Shame it's not built into Rfactor 2, I guess it's not too hard to be done.

Im not following Rfactor 2's development, but given it's still WIP this is probably a good time to call for this feature, given the feedback on this thread I dont think you are alone here.

#10 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,019 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 19:30

I think LFS simulates clutch too (Live for Speed).

#11 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:42

Gran Turismo 5's clutch support is rubbish. Game applies clutch as digital, it's even on or off and you can't have gently grip feel on it.
In other words, switching gears in GT5 is slow with stick and clutch and if you switch like in real car - gear won't go up. Very useless.

Forza 4 has much more refined clutch system.

For any PC games I haven't tried Fanatec wheel yet. At some point GT Legends maybe. :)

#12 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:31

I think LFS simulates clutch too (Live for Speed).

Correct.

#13 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:24

Iracing doesn't really simulate a clutch though does it? It's still just on/off

#14 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:25

Gran Turismo 5's clutch support is rubbish. Game applies clutch as digital, it's even on or off and you can't have gently grip feel on it.
In other words, switching gears in GT5 is slow with stick and clutch and if you switch like in real car - gear won't go up. Very useless.

Forza 4 has much more refined clutch system.

For any PC games I haven't tried Fanatec wheel yet. At some point GT Legends maybe. :)

Which fanny tech wheel do you have? I 'only' have the normal csr but it's a thing of refined beauty on the track. Elite pedals are superb too - genuinely worth .5-1 secs per lap as well

#15 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 19:34

Fanatec CSR Wheel and Elite pedals and six-speed + reverse H-stick.

But my point is, GT5 has no proper clutch. It's even on or off, no slipping clutch (feathering) allowed.

#16 jee

jee

• 1,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40

Iracing doesn't really simulate a clutch though does it? It's still just on/off

It does simulate it properly, only heat/damage missing, but it is slipping.

#17 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 13:23

Forza 4 has alright clutch system, by default it is the LB button, but switching gears is X & B and that can be awkward sometimes. It's much easier to change it to the A button so you can tap it while you shift up or down.

It gives you a bit of an acceleration advantage, but rightly so.

Edited by MikeV1987, 29 April 2013 - 13:24.