- - - - -

Monza Help

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:21

Monza is an event I have always wanted to go to so this year I have decided to make the trip and bring my dad along.
Knowing nothing about Monza's grandstands and from my pervious experiences of always getting better seats the second time I have gone to event I was hope there might be someone who could pass on their Monza experience's and recommendation of the best seating and value for money.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

#2 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 6,110 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:59

Not much help but I went there with General Admission tickets and watched from a mound just before the parabolica.

While the atmosphere itself was great, an lack of screens meant you had no idea who was where etc after a while. This was 2001 however and mobile phones and the internet hadnt been invented, so no live timing apps :)
So my advice would be grandstand tickets, which it seems you already are thinking of.

Enjoy though!.... and dont forget to check out the spooky old banking.

#3 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22

Not much help but I went there with General Admission tickets and watched from a mound just before the parabolica.

While the atmosphere itself was great, an lack of screens meant you had no idea who was where etc after a while. This was 2001 however and mobile phones and the internet hadnt been invented, so no live timing apps :)
So my advice would be grandstand tickets, which it seems you already are thinking of.

Enjoy though!.... and dont forget to check out the spooky old banking.

Thanks for your info, looking forward to it and for sure I will be checking out the old banking. The history is one of the reasons I want to make the trip. Cheers :cool:

#4 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26

There's already a few threads over in the 'Grand Prix Travelling' board, may be of help:

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=159438

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=154104

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=136661

#5 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:27

Do a search. Someone went last year and walked round the entire circuit pretty much. It will be invaluable reading for you.

#6 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:11

Cheers guys, will check out these threads

#7 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 15:30

I've been to the last two Monza races. 2010 I was in Stand 5 and last year, 6B (which I would recommend) Both stands allowed you to get on the track quickly after the race ended with enough time to see the podium.

Friday is great as you can go into pretty much any stand you like to watch the action.

Transport from Milan and from Monza station to the circuit is excellent. Plenty of walking though so wear comfortable shoes if this is how you travel.

#8 andygo

andygo

• 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00

Just wondering if there are any other "must see, must do" things nearby. Nice but cheap places to eat would be helpful.

#9 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:07

Just wondering if there are any other "must see, must do" things nearby. Nice but cheap places to eat would be helpful.

There's plenty to do and plenty to eat, but do you mean nearby Monza, or nearby where you are staying (Milan?). Are you only interested in F1 related activities or just sight seeing in general?

#10 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:15

If you like football, chances are there will be a match at the San Siro. Last year, I went to AC Milan - Lazio. 16 euros a ticket. Great value.

#11 Al.

Al.

• 1,449 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 19:24

Hi, (Longtime and no post).

I to am going to Monza in 2012. We've historically been to Silverstone and Spa (but not for a few years).
At both those we camped (Opposite Main Entrance at Silverstone and behind the Grand Hotel? top of the hill back up from from La Source).

What's the deal with camping in Monza. Can you just pitch up with a car and a tent? Are there several field/campsites around.
I noticed that most people talk of Hotels in Milan.
I can't believe there isn't a large campsite somewhere with a few Brit's and a legion of Dutch and German Caravans and RV's

Tickets booked for Variante Prima A

Plan to travel Wednesday and back on Monday.

Thought sand advice would be appreciated.

Al.

#12 ericok

ericok

• 54 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 21:06

I to am going to Monza in 2012. We've historically been to Silverstone and Spa (but not for a few years).
At both those we camped (Opposite Main Entrance at Silverstone and behind the Grand Hotel? top of the hill back up from from La Source).

What's the deal with camping in Monza. Can you just pitch up with a car and a tent? Are there several field/campsites around.
I can't believe there isn't a large campsite somewhere with a few Brit's and a legion of Dutch and German Caravans and RV's

Al.

There's camping at the North end of the track. I walked by it when I got off the train at Biassono/Lesmo. It was a combination car park and camping. I think the track's web site has more info on camping but there definitely is camping at the track.

#13 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 13:18

Al.

There's a big camping area opposite grandstands 6a, b and c towards the end of the main straight.

I also saw people camping around Ascari.

#14 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:27

grandstand 6b, fanvision and 5 nights weds to monday in stazione centrale in milan... Booked!!

this is going to be an awesome grand prix, and my first! screw melbourne! :lol:

#15 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:24

I bought general admission tickets but now highly regretting it. I will try and phone the circuit today to see if I can possibly upgrade them. Does anyone know if you can upgrade them at the circuit or whether you can rove the grandstands like you can in Silverstone on Fri/Sat?

I've tried finding info about camping at the circuit, from previous posts it seems like you can turn up on the day and likely to be very disorganised! I will be in Venice until Friday and will be arriving in Monza Friday morning. The other choice is Camping F1 which looks expensive but gives me certainty :/

I will be in Milan/Monza on the Monday, is the circuit open to the public on all on non GP days? I would really like to see the old circuit :)

Sorry for the million and one questions, and thank you to anyone who is able to answer any of them!

#16 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:53

think I read somewhere that you can upgrade tickets and just pay the difference at the track. Not sure how you would go about it online though. Pretty sure I read it in the faqs on monzanet.

here it is http://www.monzanet....1...o_faqs 3 en

only mentions doing it on the day though

#17 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:47

Thanks, searched for Official Italian GP tickets and it brought up these idiots.. http://www.italiangp.it/ Thought this was the official website, which it is not. Got conned out of 20 euros for the race tickets, 10 euros for the delivery and 20 euros for fan vision. Very cross but what can I do :(

#18 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:00

Pinky.. I've been to many Monza's... G.A is pretty good, as is the stand outside Parabolica.. The old track is off limits...

#19 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:03

Pinky.. I've been to many Monza's... G.A is pretty good, as is the stand outside Parabolica.. The old track is off limits...

Thanks for getting back to me :) Feel a little better about GA now... :)

Advertisement

#20 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 14:32

The old track is off limits...

The old banked circuit is fenced off, but I've never seen anyone stopping you from going on there. It runs through the woods so during the GP weekend you can easily find a spot to get onto it and take a few photos. If you look around the area behind the prima variante grandstands (6a/b/c) there are a few places you can gain access, as recent as 2010 I've seen people climbing on.

I wouldn't expect to walk round the whole thing, but you can see enough to appreciate what it would have been like to drive around it :)

#21 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:57

The old banked circuit is fenced off, but I've never seen anyone stopping you from going on there. It runs through the woods so during the GP weekend you can easily find a spot to get onto it and take a few photos. If you look around the area behind the prima variante grandstands (6a/b/c) there are a few places you can gain access, as recent as 2010 I've seen people climbing on.

I wouldn't expect to walk round the whole thing, but you can see enough to appreciate what it would have been like to drive around it :)

They now have guards every 10m on both banking sections... It was never the case...

#22 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:27

I bought general admission tickets but now highly regretting it. I will try and phone the circuit today to see if I can possibly upgrade them. Does anyone know if you can upgrade them at the circuit or whether you can rove the grandstands like you can in Silverstone on Fri/Sat?

I've tried finding info about camping at the circuit, from previous posts it seems like you can turn up on the day and likely to be very disorganised! I will be in Venice until Friday and will be arriving in Monza Friday morning. The other choice is Camping F1 which looks expensive but gives me certainty :/

I will be in Milan/Monza on the Monday, is the circuit open to the public on all on non GP days? I would really like to see the old circuit :)

Sorry for the million and one questions, and thank you to anyone who is able to answer any of them!

On Friday, you can access all grandstands bar the reserved one but I'm not sure if that is also the case with GA tickets.

#23 F1Jerusalem

F1Jerusalem

• 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 17:34

Hi All,

I was just in Montreal for the Canadian GP and it was great! I ordered tickets online for Monza 2 months ago and I am waiting for the ETickets to be delivered. Has anyone gotten their tickets yet? I have tried to email Monza and have received no reply.

Thanks,
Josh

#24 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:11

i bought mine of monzanet a wk ago and chose email tix insteadof shipping. got a confirmation email saying i will be receiving them by email straight away. but nothing with any attachment yet... a bit lame isnt it

#25 F1Jerusalem

F1Jerusalem

• 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:40

I got an email today saying they wold be sending them out next week. Of course when I asked a month ago they aid the same thing...For the Canadian GP I ordered on the phone and got the tickets in 3 days back in February!

#26 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 22:03

I got an email today saying they wold be sending them out next week. Of course when I asked a month ago they aid the same thing...For the Canadian GP I ordered on the phone and got the tickets in 3 days back in February!

did you also use monzanet to buy them? someone posted that site on one of the other monza threads to use, hopefully they are the official one. anyone know of any good related activities happening in milan that week?

#27 squiresm

squiresm

• 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 22:38

did you also use monzanet to buy them? someone posted that site on one of the other monza threads to use, hopefully they are the official one. anyone know of any good related activities happening in milan that week?

Don't worry, they are. I chose the email ticketing option last year and didn't get them until a few weeks beforehand, so I'm sure they'll arrive fine, just a bit closer to the time

#28 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:47

Don't worry, they are. I chose the email ticketing option last year and didn't get them until a few weeks beforehand, so I'm sure they'll arrive fine, just a bit closer to the time

cheers :up:

#29 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:00

Thanks guys for all the help, still waiting on my Monza tickets - Spa tickets arrived last week :p Goodwood this weekend, woohoo :)

#30 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:04

received a reply email back from monza saying they were sending out email tix purchased in april and would be doing the rest soon after that.

#31 GeordieF1

GeordieF1

• 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 15:23

Hi Guys, new to the forum, looking to go to Monza in Sept, 1st ever GP, part of a Birthday package for my son in law, 3 of us going hopefully.
which sites are the most trustworthy for buying tickets for Monza please?
also for those who have been, camping or hotel in Milan?
Cheers

#32 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:08

Hi Guys, new to the forum, looking to go to Monza in Sept, 1st ever GP, part of a Birthday package for my son in law, 3 of us going hopefully.
which sites are the most trustworthy for buying tickets for Monza please?
also for those who have been, camping or hotel in Milan?
Cheers

http://www.monzanet.it/en/

this is where I bought mine and have seen it reffered by many on here before, I believe it's the official site for the actual track so no middle man.

couldn't say whether or not to camp, but I got a hotel in milan pretty easily, but prices are so so, about 115 a nite for a 3 star which definately isn't great but not the end of the world. Probs about double what you would pay if the gp wasn't on. Easy enough to get to the track though. TIP; if staying in milan get a hotel near a train station, probably stazione central.

If you look further up on this thread I believe there are a few other helpful monza travelling thread links I would suggest reading.

#33 GeordieF1

GeordieF1

• 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 17:52

http://www.monzanet.it/en/

this is where I bought mine and have seen it reffered by many on here before, I believe it's the official site for the actual track so no middle man.

couldn't say whether or not to camp, but I got a hotel in milan pretty easily, but prices are so so, about 115 a nite for a 3 star which definately isn't great but not the end of the world. Probs about double what you would pay if the gp wasn't on. Easy enough to get to the track though. TIP; if staying in milan get a hotel near a train station, probably stazione central.

If you look further up on this thread I believe there are a few other helpful monza travelling thread links I would suggest reading.

Cheers GB!
Ive read the thread, its pretty informative.

#34 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:06

received email tickets today :clap:

#35 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 16:20

Still no tickets, anyone else in same position?

#36 Reutemann

Reutemann

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:31

Hi friends,

my first Monza visit ahead of me. Weekend tickets in Prima Variante and camping site saved.

Does anybody knows, if I can sit on Grand stand during friday practices with my all weekend tickets?

In Spa 2005 it was possible, then Spa 2009 and Hockenheim 2010 impossible to get a "better place" on Friday... :evil:

Your experience from Monza??? :confused:

Second point: what about thursday pitwalk?, times, access, any hints?

thanks

Forza Ferrari

#37 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 13:09

all weekend grandstand ticket means you can go to any grandstand (except the main one opposite pits on the straight unless that was the one you bought for) on the friday and if you bought a 3 day ticket (not sure if it had to be a 3 day grandstand ticket or if 3 day general is ok) you get access on the thursday pit thingy. Think it's from about 3 to 6pm.

#38 Fonzey

Fonzey

• 655 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 21:25

Hello, hope nobody minds hopping into this thread for some pointers.

I'm going to Monza this year, it'll be my first Grand Prix (ever!) so hoping for some itinerary tips. I've got grandstand, accomodation, flights, etc all booked - just need to know the best times to do what really.

We don't land until Friday morning (10am local time) so given a few hours to get to hotel, get unloaded etc - what's the best thing to do. Any good photo/autograph opportunities worth looking out for on Friday afternoon/evening or saturday morning before Quali?

We're sitting on the top of Prima Variante, is it worth maintaining these seats for Quali/Practise or maybe worth wandering around the GA areas for these sessions?

I've read a few things about the podium rush at the end of the GP, any tactics for making the most of that from our grandstand?

Cheers!

#39 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 00:54

Hello, hope nobody minds hopping into this thread for some pointers.

I'm going to Monza this year, it'll be my first Grand Prix (ever!) so hoping for some itinerary tips. I've got grandstand, accomodation, flights, etc all booked - just need to know the best times to do what really.

We don't land until Friday morning (10am local time) so given a few hours to get to hotel, get unloaded etc - what's the best thing to do. Any good photo/autograph opportunities worth looking out for on Friday afternoon/evening or saturday morning before Quali?

We're sitting on the top of Prima Variante, is it worth maintaining these seats for Quali/Practise or maybe worth wandering around the GA areas for these sessions?

I've read a few things about the podium rush at the end of the GP, any tactics for making the most of that from our grandstand?

Cheers!

this will be my first time too but check post #44 up the top of this page, some good links that answer most of your questions. Think the only autograph session is thursdat arvo.

Dont know bout you but i'll be using friday and sat to wander GA like crazy! grandstand for race and qually, but you have to check the whole place out in my opinion!

Advertisement

#40 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 21:06

Dont know bout you but i'll be using friday and sat to wander GA like crazy!

I've been there a few times. My plan on Friday is this:
Start at the grandstand at Serraglio, right after Lesmo 2, in time for first practise at 10. It is cool to sit here and hear the cars leaving the pits heading towards first chicane. You can hear them all the way until you see them leaving Lesmo 2.
Sit here a few minutes and walk towards Ascari. Wait for the cars after the tunnel. Take care, the engine noise is loud!
Walk further down and stand by the fence where the braking starts.
Sit the rest of the session at the grandstands at Ascari.
Start the second session at the grandstand at the second chicane. Walk towards the Lesmo turns, or towards Curva grande. Try grandstand 6c, b and a to see who is best.
I have been to Parabolica, but I did not find that grandstand interresting.
You have all Saturday and Sunday at the first chicane, grandstand 6b.

#41 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 16:44

Anyone else still waiting for their tickets to arrive?

#42 Reutemann

Reutemann

• 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:21

+1

DonĀ“t worry, described in ticket order: tickets will be delivered cca 3 weeks before event...

#43 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:34

Oh, I forgot something.
You must bring something to sit on. The grandstands are hard to sit on, and they are wet in the morning.

#44 Al.

Al.

• 1,449 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 15:20

I booked mine in Feb 2012 and they arrived June 27th.

I ordered them from http://italiangp.it/ which turned out to be The Ticket Enterprise......not sure if that is going to be an issue for some people

#45 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 20:49

I've booked my ticket through the official formula one website (Did this with Monaco in 2010) which basically means its with Expedia. They give you vouchers to print off and then redeem at the circuit for your actual tickets, I know this system works fine as like i said, i attained my Monaco tickets this way and had no problems whatsoever its just the exact location of the collection point i haven't found out yet.

I know its very close to the Vedano entrance but i was just curious if anybody has been to Monza having got their tickets via the collection point? If you have or can help that'd be fantastic, i'm sure it won't be a problem to find it as i should imagine the marshalls/gate attendees have been asked where to go before but anything to make life a little easier is always great, thanks!

Edited by olliek88, 30 August 2012 - 20:50.

#46 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:22

I know its very close to the Vedano entrance but i was just curious if anybody has been to Monza having got their tickets via the collection point? If you have or can help that'd be fantastic, i'm sure it won't be a problem to find it as i should imagine the marshalls/gate attendees have been asked where to go before but anything to make life a little easier is always great, thanks!

One year I collected my tickets at the accreditation Centre. It is located at the bottom of this map (Centro Accrediti E Ritiro biglietti) : http://www.monzanet....na_generale.pdf
Last year, I ordered my tickets with Stamp@casa, where I print out my tickets myself.
More info here: http://www.monzanet.... ...azioni - EN

#47 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 13:27

I'm just curious, is there any reason why people don't buy their tickets direct from the circuit's website (http://www.monzanet.it/it)?

I've always bought direct from the circuit and they get delivered ~2 months in advance. They've always given me top row seats too, which is great as you've got no one sitting behind you :)

#48 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 16:21

I'm just curious, is there any reason why people don't buy their tickets direct from the circuit's website (http://www.monzanet.it/it)?

I've always bought direct from the circuit and they get delivered ~2 months in advance. They've always given me top row seats too, which is great as you've got no one sitting behind you :)

sooo glad I went through the circuit for my tickets, which were the email stamp@home casa. They also replied (personally, not an automated response) to my enquiry email regarding why I hadn't received my tix yet, and that they were on the way. Reccomended!

#49 F1Jerusalem

F1Jerusalem

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:55

I may not be able to travel to Monza for the race and I have 2 tickets bought from the Monza website for all 3 days. I am willing to sell them at half price for the pair, which is 250 Euro at the 24 - TRIBUNA VEDANO.

If you are interested please send me a message.

thanks,

josh

#50 F1Jerusalem

F1Jerusalem

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:56

also is there the pit walk through on Thursday? those would be included in the tickets.