Regarding Grand Sports and such.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 14:42

Hello

I have Corvette Grand Sport hardcover by Paddock/Friedman,the 1999 Re-issue with the black/white photo of the #80 Thompson Bahamas Speed Week Coupe on the cover. and I have the Original Issued 1989 Corvette Grand Sport book but it says on the bottom-(in the re-issue it says it on the 2nd page or so not on the cover.)"Photographic Race Log of the Magnificent Chevrolet Corvette Factory Racing Specials 1962-1967. It has the #3 GS coupe of Delmo Johnson and Dave Morgan on the cover. ----

One of my questions is I have seen the inside of both books,on the cover page both say the factory racing specials subtitle and both show #4 White GS Hall/Sebring 64' Coupe. was there another Alternate Cover featuring the Hall #4 White car on the cover? if you notice the 1989 version has NO INDEX same amount of pages,in lieu of that it has a photo a gs roadster passing a GT40 I believe. the 1999 book has Index and a Different picture,the gt40/gs photo from 89 is nowhere to be found!

my other question/inquiry:

Now,

my dilemma is that I am looking for the Softcover (I have to complete my collection/reading.) which has a Beautiful Color photo on the cover with the #3 car johnson/morgan on the cover and the #2 Restored car. Ebay/Amazon,google you name it,all of them have crazy prices I cannot afford, I am looking for this softcover if anyone has it please,I have paypal.Good price.

Can anyone help me in regards to my question-Alternate cover with #4 on it? and my search the GS softcover?

Would be greatly appreciated,

I realize I am one crazy Corvette nut especially Grand Sports or "Lightweight" Corvette.

Jose

Miami,30.