Lotus E20 - 2012 [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3999 replies to this topic

#1 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:17

I think it is time for the new thread.
We know from FIA list that the team will be named Lotus F1 Team, we know one driver.

What about second seat?
And what will be name of the car?

THIS IS THREAD ABOUT EX-RENAULT TEAM. FROM ENSTONE!!

Advertisement

#2 Trust

Trust

• 5,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:22

Looking forward to some innovations again 2012, but this time please make it count! As for the second seat, maybe it's best for Petrov to stay?

#3 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:59

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96592

LOTUS F1 TEAM (GBR)

F1 trademark is in the name. I thought the use of it is very restricted. I wonder how they managed to do that...

#4 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:07

F1 trademark is in the name. I thought the use of it is very restricted. I wonder how they managed to do that...

The F1 Team is a very common name part, just look at the whole list or remember (Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, HRT F1 Team, Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team, Marussia F1 Team).

It's the pure F1 word which is very restricted.

#5 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:11

I think somebody from Autosport (Pablo Elizalde?) tweeted yesterday that it is Bernie who has to approve it.

------------------------
BTW, thanks MadYarpen for the remark about what team this is about. With everybody using at the same time the old and new names of Renault and Catherham, it is pretty confusing at times.

Edited by artista, 01 December 2011 - 10:13.

#6 peacockantony

peacockantony

• 1,343 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:13

It was only the first draft of the driver/team line-up. The FIA publish new ones before the start of the season. IIRC the team will be called Lotus Renault GP still.
Which, if the case means that their argument in court, that they had to drop the Renault was total lies, and was false evidence that they used against Team Lotus in court.

#7 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:25

whatever, there is no team lotus next year. hopefully neither in this thread.

#8 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:31

The F1 Team is a very common name part, just look at the whole list or remember (Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, HRT F1 Team, Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team, Marussia F1 Team).

It's the pure F1 word which is very restricted.

Yeah, that's right. Thanks.

#9 ferruccio

ferruccio

• 446 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:33

It was only the first draft of the driver/team line-up. The FIA publish new ones before the start of the season. IIRC the team will be called Lotus Renault GP still.
Which, if the case means that their argument in court, that they had to drop the Renault was total lies, and was false evidence that they used against Team Lotus in court.

As far as I know any team can change their name if the other teams unanimously agree to it. If they don't agree the team can still change it's name but will forfeit all its historical earnings within the Concorde Agreement.

Lotus Renault GP will be renamed Lotus F1 Team as the provisional FIA entry list suggests

#10 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:53

As far as I know any team can change their name if the other teams unanimously agree to it. If they don't agree the team can still change it's name but will forfeit all its historical earnings within the Concorde Agreement.

Lotus Renault GP will be renamed Lotus F1 Team as the provisional FIA entry list suggests

It's the constructor name, not the team name, that's the big deal and the result of a peace deal with the Team Lotus rights holder.

LRGP's constructor name was Renault. Team Lotus's constructor name was Lotus[-Renault; with engine added]. The constructor name was passed from Team Lotus to LRGP. And as we know it was part of a peace deal, which involved money and/or wealth [% of a Malaysian national airline from the government which is owner of Proton and Group Lotus].

Two teams couldn't use the same constructor name, Lotus[-Renault].

Edited by hunnylander, 01 December 2011 - 11:54.

#11 silencer

silencer

• 85 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 13:16

I think we don't have to go back to that part again and explain why the name is like that and bla bla bla
It is waste of time to discuss about the name when the matter have been settled by parties involved
Let's move on...

#12 wolviex

wolviex

• 320 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:24

Maria de Villota revealed she is close to F1 contract with Lotus Renault!

Source

Posted Image

#13 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:01

Source

She's been talking about that for a month now. The story at Marca is far more complete, she says the team will put her through a testing program. Hard to say what is true at this point since she is the only source so far. While she sounds a little too optimistic she has not actually said she will race.
http://www.marca.com...1322646240.html

My guy tells me that she may indeed be hired and even show up at the photoshoot in testing. As far as Friday drives, it depends a lot on how she can actually handle herself. If she is capable enough Bahar will put her on Friday drive for some PR exposure.

Edited by Red17, 01 December 2011 - 18:02.

#14 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:06

She's been talking about that for a month now. The story at Marca is far more complete, she says the team will put her through a testing program. Hard to say what is true at this point since she is the only source so far. While she sounds a little too optimistic she has not actually said she will race.
http://www.marca.com...1322646240.html

My guy tells me that she may indeed be hired and even show up at the photoshoot in testing. As far as Friday drives, it depends a lot on how she can actually handle herself. If she is capable enough Bahar will put her on Friday drive for some PR exposure.

She would't qualify anyway, so no chance of racing even if she gets a weekend seat. Has she even got a Superlicence?

#15 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:09

Source

Posted Image

Gimmick if it was serious they'd have a younger woman driving

#16 wolviex

wolviex

• 320 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:20

Gimmick if it was serious they'd have a younger woman driving

Until they are targeting a massive PR and media interest based on woman in F1, even if only for Friday runs.

Edited by wolviex, 01 December 2011 - 18:21.

#17 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:41

If this is true, it puts women in F1 back 20 years, again.

Pathetic, let's hope the FIA are smart enough to refuse her the super licence she doesn't come even close to qualifying for.

She hasn't done even a half season of proper racing since 2009, in Formula Palmer Audi and was comprehensively beaten by 2 other women just in that series.

Other than that her biggest achievement is a best finish of 18th in the WTCC.

Edited by Dudley, 01 December 2011 - 18:44.

#18 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:43

Until they are targeting a massive PR and media interest based on woman in F1, even if only for Friday runs.

But they'll watch her first session, see her floundering around (because face it, she's rubbish) and then Lotus will lose all the credibility they gained from having signed Raikkonen...

#19 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:46

Until we see a woman win say GP2 i don't think she should take the drive of a man who has been in amongst all the lower formulas

Advertisement

#20 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:48

Until we see a woman win say GP2 i don't think she should take the drive of a man who has been in amongst all the lower formulas

Plenty of men are in F1 without doing that.

#21 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:52

true, but do you think any woman races atm could beat an F1 driver of the current crop over a season?

#22 Trust

Trust

• 5,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:55

true, but do you think any woman races atm could beat an F1 driver of the current crop over a season?

Massa springs to my mind.

#23 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:57

So Maria de Villota would beat Massa in a Ferrari

#24 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:58

Source

She's just running for a reserve driver contract. So why not? We had Fairuz Fauzy, Ho-Pin Tung and Jan Charouz amongst this year's reserve drivers, remember? It's not like she's ever going to drive the car anywhere near a race track.

#25 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:58

Depends who ends up at HRT I suppose but I'd like to see, say, Simona Di Silvestro given the chance to try.

Edited by Dudley, 01 December 2011 - 19:00.

#26 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:59

She's just running for a reserve driver contract. So why not? We had Fairuz Fauzy, Ho-Pin Tung and Jan Charouz amongst this year's reserve drivers, remember? It's not like she's ever going to drive the car anywhere near a race track.

Because it's a joke, all the drivers you mention have won single seater races and because of the serious damaging effect it has on the fortunes of other women drivers.

Edited by Dudley, 01 December 2011 - 18:59.

#27 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:11

It's almost being sexist by saying we have to lower the driving standards as a whole to accomodate a woman driver. If she's not good enough, in a post-feminist world, then she shouldn't be given a seat. If she's not rated as being in the top 30-40 drivers in the world then she has no place in F1, regardless of her gender (because it's all about being equal right?).

#28 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:20

It's almost being sexist by saying we have to lower the driving standards as a whole to accomodate a woman driver. If she's not good enough, in a post-feminist world, then she shouldn't be given a seat. If she's not rated as being in the top 30-40 drivers in the world then she has no place in F1, regardless of her gender (because it's all about being equal right?).

If a woman won GP2 or a recognised lower formula or as you say considered among the top 40 drivers in the world then she should get a chance, but there is no way de Villota is good enough to take up even a reserve driver seat.

#29 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 20:24

If a woman won GP2 or a recognised lower formula or as you say considered among the top 40 drivers in the world then she should get a chance, but there is no way de Villota is good enough to take up even a reserve driver seat.

That's my point. You can't just give a female driver a seat because you have to have a woman. F1 is for the best drivers, regardless of gender. If a male driver came to the team and said 'I've only won one race in my entire professional career, can I have a reserve driver seat?' he'd be laughed away.... but for a female driver it's ok?

#30 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 21:12

Renault promisses to be more conservative with 2012 car
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96604

#31 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 21:36

Agreed. Unfortunatley, the last 2 women who managed to race in Formula 2 faded away.
Of the women racing in top tier series in America none seems to be interested in trying for a seat, so forget about sure talented women.

That's my point. You can't just give a female driver a seat because you have to have a woman. F1 is for the best drivers, regardless of gender. If a male driver came to the team and said 'I've only won one race in my entire professional career, can I have a reserve driver seat?' he'd be laughed away.... but for a female driver it's ok?

Except she doesnt fall into the talent pool. She is a pay driver or a program driver at most.

Yet she appears to be much closer to Formula 1 than any other woman was since 1982, whatever she did it looks like she acomplished her goals.
I also think that if the woman in news was Danica Patrick the reaction would be in the same level.

Ultimatley she will have to face the test of proving herself as any driver, be it on the simulator, private test her level will be gauged. If the news that she will be put on training program are true then will have something that few (even male) drivers could ask for. And that will raise the bar even more.

Back to 2012.
With Kimi on board how do you think he can influence the input on the car?
Last I read Kimi was not much into simulators....

#32 metz

metz

• 15,871 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:24

Because it's a joke, all the drivers you mention have won single seater races and because of the serious damaging effect it has on the fortunes of other women drivers.

Maybe Bernie needs a "Domestic Appliance" to spruce up his show? :p

#33 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:16

Depends on how much determined he is to get up to speed

Edited by korzeniow, 02 December 2011 - 07:16.

#34 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:55

Back to 2012.

Not, much I guess. New car design have to been ready long time ago, I doubt they can change anything now. They have for sure some parts already built.
What is interesting for me is, what is nature of LRGP car usually: oversteer or understeer. I think they usually build understeery car, if I am not mistaken? Kimi was in the middle I guess,pointy front.

Edited by ivand911, 02 December 2011 - 07:56.

#35 Manneken3000

Manneken3000

• 236 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:15

Back to 2012.

Kimi does not care about his team mates.

#36 Tract1on

Tract1on

• 330 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:56

Rumours linking Berger to Boullier's job...
That would certainly strengthen Bruno's case for staying with the team, Berger helped guide Bruno to F1.

#37 metz

metz

• 15,871 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:22

Grosjean to BMW DTM.
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96610
Looks more and more like Petrov will stay.

#38 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,799 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 14:29

Kimi does not care about his team mates.

But he should. That's why he got excluded from Ferrari's development while Massa was getting all the attention.

He's cool and all but Renault Lotus needs a leader and he better get himself in that role right away. He does not need to be like alonso or schumacher, but a bit more of exigence will do wonders for the team. And it seems that he's quite intelligent in feed-back. So it's a win win situation. Just look at the second part of 2009.

Edited by Taxi, 02 December 2011 - 14:30.

#39 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 14:39

Cant believe grosjean would go to DTM. Thats nuts.

Advertisement

#40 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 15:45

Cant believe grosjean would go to DTM. Thats nuts.

He need they paycheck. Is DTM best paid thing after F1 in Europe?

#41 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 19:08

I really hope they retain Petrov. I just have this feeling that he'd gel well with Kimi. Plus imagine all of the alcohol jokes if they are indeed paired up.

#42 RF1 fan

RF1 fan

• 400 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:09

Renault and Total threaten LRGP if Grosjean doesn't take part to full 2012 season with Lotus.

No Total money for 2012 and an increasement of the price for REnault V8 engine:

http://www.confident...de-Romain-i2600

#43 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,551 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:14

Renault and Total threaten LRGP if Grosjean doesn't take part to full 2012 season with Lotus.

Could Grosjean take his sponsorship somewhere else i.e HRT?

#44 nimbus111

nimbus111

• 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:34

geeze petrov is practically begging for his job. :well:

#45 Slyder

Slyder

• 5,453 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:40

The downside of nationalism. ****ing idiots.

#46 nimbus111

nimbus111

• 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:46

Could Grosjean take his sponsorship somewhere else i.e HRT?

i hear hes testing the new BMW M3 DTM this month!! maybe he'll consider this. :clap:

P.S. kind of shitty for them to cry if a frenchy isnt in the car. though hes half swiss.

Edited by nimbus111, 02 December 2011 - 22:50.

#47 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,407 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:47

But he should. That's why he got excluded from Ferrari's development while Massa was getting all the attention.

He's cool and all but Renault Lotus needs a leader and he better get himself in that role right away. He does not need to be like alonso or schumacher, but a bit more of exigence will do wonders for the team. And it seems that he's quite intelligent in feed-back. So it's a win win situation. Just look at the second part of 2009.

Yes, just remember it works both ways the team must also get behind you or listen to you. That being said I dont foresee a problem in that regard.

Was last year's car fundamentally an oversteering car or understeering car?

Edited by intelligentsia, 02 December 2011 - 23:04.

#48 cilurnum

cilurnum

• 1,686 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 00:54

Well, if they want someone in there who will be cannon fodder to Raikkonen then that's up to them, but if that teams wants to get ahead of Mercedes they're going to need someone better than Grosjean. I know he had a bit of a tough time the first time around, but honestly, he showed absolutely nothing.

#49 Manneken3000

Manneken3000

• 236 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:06

Its interesting, then Lotus will have to go with which driver brings in the more $$$.
The team is doomed anyway

#50 RF1 fan

RF1 fan

• 400 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:43

The downside of nationalism. ****ing idiots.

just look to petrov,Perez,Maldonado,Sato....

why french company should be criticized for supporting french drivers???