Photo

Rosberg "F1 is a complete different sport this days"

• Please log in to reply
1346 replies to this topic

#1301 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:32

Maldonado, race winner, already has the winning swag and slur. He made all the difference that day huh... Of course the tyres are OK!!

You F1 driver wonder Maldonado you... :p

Applying logic to this debate is a futile exercise. This farce needs to continue for a little while longer in order for their synaptic pathways to make the connections. Another Hembury statement, proves the heat is on and like any politician Hembury, is boxed in to proclaiming "nothing is wrong" and all is fine. :lol: I believe we are 2 or 3 statements from current high-profile drivers, or leading figures in the sport from Hembury being unable to spin his way out of the disaster. In the face of irrefutable evidence, he is still claiming everything is fine and dandy. The man is a 5 a day Pukka pie eating idiot, while destroying the brand name of Pirelli in the process.

Advertisement

#1302 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:58

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99670

"There are a lot of teams here who have to find budgets, find sponsors and justify their presence in F1, and if they do get the profile then that is great. Spain was an excellent win for Williams, but we saw Sauber getting a great result in Malaysia and we saw Paul di Resta have a good race in Bahrain with Force India."

I have a problem with this bit.

Edited by Markn93, 18 May 2012 - 12:00.

#1303 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:03

Hembery has always insisted, however, that the tyres are not the dominant factor in deciding races

...ok

Sigh.

#1304 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 13:33

But Rosberg's win was a fluke while Williams' cars were fast on couple of circuits

Why was Rosberg's win a fluke? I didn't see any mystical event at that race helping Rosberg to the win, no Leprechauns sabotaging all the other cars. He and his team did a better job than anyone else that weekend, and if that includes bringing a car especially well suited to the tyres, track, and conditions then that too....

Why is every F1 result that doesn't compute as 'normal' compared to the last few years results regarded as a fluke? :confused:

#1305 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,711 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:03

But Rosberg's win was a fluke while Williams' cars were fast on couple of circuits

Yep. Please enlighten me, how is it that Lotus has not presented us with a 'fluke' yet?

Why was Rosberg's win a fluke? I didn't see any mystical event at that race helping Rosberg to the win, no Leprechauns sabotaging all the other cars. He and his team did a better job than anyone else that weekend, and if that includes bringing a car especially well suited to the tyres, track, and conditions then that too....

Why is every F1 result that doesn't compute as 'normal' compared to the last few years results regarded as a fluke? :confused:

That is easy. It was achieved in a Mercedes. At least in the context of the post you were replying to.

#1306 peroa

peroa

• 8,954 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:29

"There are a lot of teams here who have to find budgets, find sponsors and justify their presence in F1, and if they do get the profile then that is great. Spain was an excellent win for Williams, but we saw Sauber getting a great result in Malaysia and we saw Paul di Resta have a good race in Bahrain with Force India."

I have a problem with this bit.

Paulie spilling the beans?

#1307 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 18:52

because...that is what a fluke means?

#1308 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 23:11

because...that is what a fluke means?

More like its only not a fluke if the right people/teams win, given the ridiculous number of ridiculous fanbois here...... :D

#1309 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 00:43

In three weeks time no one will remember Maldonado! Remember Perez,and Rosberg,the other one hit wonders.? I don't.

Says it all really.

One thing is sure: I will remember that poster 'fieraku' who tries so hard to remember everything a certain Lewis Hamilton has done or not, while everything else that happens in this universe - even if it's F1 related and tells us about who's winning races or gets to the podium- just enters his mind for a moment and then leaves his mind forever.

#1310 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 00:49

In three weeks time no one will remember Maldonado! Remember Perez,and Rosberg,the other one hit wonders.? I don't.

Hmmmm, plenty of people still remember other 'one-hit wonders' like Gethin, Brambilla, Donohue, Panis, Kubica, etc, etc.........

#1311 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:28

Maldonado/Williams took pole and won in Barcelona when I'm pretty sure even Frank himself thought they couldn't pull it off. The point is that the unpredictability goes both ways. Peakiness and strange wear rates. Good for some .... bad for others... terrible for others. None able to really make things predictable. I wouldn't want to call Hamilton the new tyre whisperer because he did a two stopper. It was his tyre day as it was Maldonado's day to win. What next. It may be that the cars that ate the tyres the most last race manage a one stopper come next race and come away wondering WTF really happened!

BS, BS and even more BS.

Same can be said about Red Bull in Bahrain. But since they are world champions it's easier to process. What can you say about Hamilton? Did he have his "tyre day" in every qualifying? Red Bull were up there in every race. Lotus were always fast, consistently in top 6 and made the step up. Same with Williams or Sauber, their race pace was comparable to big teams from the beginning. They were behind in qualifying and, pay attention, with a big updates at the beginning of European season they made progress. Malaysia was a wet race therefore unpredictable. What about Mercedes? Why did their tyre "tyre day" came on the track with a big a.. straight where their double f-duct gave them big advantage? On demanding on tyres tracks they had to be conservative and slightly behind, it's a trait of this particular car.

Williams' win was on merit but also thanks to circumstances. We were one penalty away from restoring a natural order in F1, RB and McLaren wins again. Hamilton's penalty helped, Red Bull messed up, and Lotus were not up there in qualifying.

My point is that there are reasons and explanations for most of results within boundaries 2012 Pirellis create. Yes, conditions play their part, there's no denying that, track temperature surprises engineers, tyres operating window, aero is less important, strategy more. But it's all far away from "tyres day" "lottery" BS that's being spouted here repeatedly. There's a reason for example why Force India is behind Williams, the former had aero advantage, the latter from the beginning of tests vocally stressed they are building the car around the tyres. It's a matter of getting enough data and adjusting during the season. Some cars are better at that than the others.

Among this hysteria there are sober voices that say that whoever manages to widen tyres operating window will have an advantage. See, real life solution not black magic. If during the season teams decide it's "too unpredictable", whatever that means, they can always get together and change them. Until then I'm done with this, it's so irritating.

#1312 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:41

I dont understand all this fuzz about the tyres.

If we would take away the uncertainty how to run them, F1 still wouldnt be equal, and only the teams with the big budgets would win again. What these critical posters are actually saying, is they want to see F1 won by money again, not clever thinking. or the odd chance that a car design gamble, has paid off more than the hundreds of millions shoved into big expensive design teams.

And iotar makes a good point: if Mclaren didnt screw up themselves, theyd probably would have won the race, not 'silly' Williams and 'paydriver' Maldonado.

#1313 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:42

Rosberg had a great weekend. Mercedes put it all together and they scored their first win. But the temperatures were very cold, which helped them. Track where it was very hard to overtake ruined their rivals strategies. But even if not for that the fact that they can't repeat this performance where they were lapping over a second of the leader's pace in last races means that win was one off.

#1314 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:43

The current F1 is not very interessting to me. A win is kind of hollow, just as the title at the end.
I hope the fan's and drivers keep to speak up and maybe we can save the second half of this season by changing the tires.

But they shouldn't use the radical approach, first open up the tire window and just ad a little durability and take it from there.
But we need changes fast, so much is clear to me.

#1315 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 13:45

The current F1 is not very interessting to me. A win is kind of hollow, just as the title at the end.

I agree with this. Feels hollow, slow and fabricated. I hope there will be changes coming soon, as I am losing interest in the "sport".

#1316 zelpre

zelpre

• 275 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 14:26

I hope the fan's and drivers keep to speak up and maybe we can save the second half of this season by changing the tires.

I agree with this. Feels hollow, slow and fabricated. I hope there will be changes coming soon, as I am losing interest in the "sport".

:up: :up:

http://www.facebook....142110035921271
http://www.twitter.com/F1PirelliSucks
http://www.ipetition...prove-f1-tyres/

Edited by zelpre, 19 May 2012 - 14:31.

#1317 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 15:04

http://www.facebook....142110035921271
http://www.twitter.com/F1PirelliSucks
http://www.ipetition...prove-f1-tyres/

Been there, done that, got the freakin T-shirt... :smoking:

#1318 JV97

JV97

• 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 16:58

All the teams may well get the hang of the tyres but they still won't be able to push on them, just understand how to make them last a stint. Or that's how it seems. Again I say, when a driver comes out and says for example 'I really had to push 100% on that middle stint to make the time up' then I'll accept the tyres. Someone said Webber is looking to driver at qualifying speeds which means they need to bring back refuelling. Nonsense. He wants to be able to push at max. With the fuel, the lap times would still be slower but he'd be pushing as hard as he could and be faster than current times.

One more thing. All this talk about it being down to fuel. If that was the case, why don't we see lap times tumbling on the last stints?

#1319 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 17:45

All the teams may well get the hang of the tyres but they still won't be able to push on them, just understand how to make them last a stint. Or that's how it seems. Again I say, when a driver comes out and says for example 'I really had to push 100% on that middle stint to make the time up' then I'll accept the tyres. Someone said Webber is looking to driver at qualifying speeds which means they need to bring back refuelling. Nonsense. He wants to be able to push at max. With the fuel, the lap times would still be slower but he'd be pushing as hard as he could and be faster than current times.

One more thing. All this talk about it being down to fuel. If that was the case, why don't we see lap times tumbling on the last stints?

http://www.lotusf1te...is-nothing.html

I was pushing as hard as I could and to catch up almost 20 seconds felt good

Happy to help :wave:

Advertisement

#1320 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:08

If we would take away the uncertainty how to run them, F1 still wouldnt be equal, and only the teams with the big budgets would win again. What these critical posters are actually saying, is they want to see F1 won by money again, not clever thinking. or the odd chance that a car design gamble, has paid off more than the hundreds of millions shoved into big expensive design teams.

I'm afraid you're right, it just shows there really is no pleasing some people. To me these tyres are reviving a sense of meritocracy and real competition that F1 has lacked for so long, in the way the 'garagistes' used to once run rings around the big budget constructors.....

I think to myself about these people 'if you really want a sport where money above all buys results, why don't you bu**er off and watch the English premiership....', and leave us who are immensely enjoying this season to enjoy it.

#1321 baddog

baddog

• 23,523 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:30

I'm afraid you're right, it just shows there really is no pleasing some people. To me these tyres are reviving a sense of meritocracy and real competition that F1 has lacked for so long, in the way the 'garagistes' used to once run rings around the big budget constructors.....

In the past they did it by making better cars, by clever innovation and fast development unhindered by sluggish management, by beating the big boys at their own game.

#1322 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,989 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:36

Yeah right, Williams and Mercedes are the "small guys"... :lol: They might not be winning and Williams may have had cash flow issues from time to time, but they hardly rate as anything but old masters of the game. Nice to see them back on top for a spot, but they are not 'beating the big boys at their own game' by any stretch of the imagination, seeing as they are the 'big boys'. Let's see one of the Sauber or STRF, Force India or Caterham take it and then we'll be talking.

For me, once or twice a year having the mid griders win is cool. Beyond that, I want to see competition between the best drivers and best cars. We don't have that still - the tyres mixed things up a bit more, but we still do not have the best v. best here...

Edited by bourbon, 20 May 2012 - 02:38.

#1323 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:41

Yeah right, Williams and Mercedes are the "small guys"... :lol: They might not be winning and Williams may have had cash flow issues from time to time, but they hardly rate as anything but old masters of the game. Nice to see them back on top for a spot, but they are not 'beating the big boys at their own game' by any stretch of the imagination, seeing as they are the 'big boys'. Let's see one of the Sauber or STRF, Force India or Caterham take it and then we'll be talking.

For me, once or twice a year having the mid griders win is cool. Beyond that, I want to see competition between the best drivers and best cars. We don't have that still - the tyres mixed things up a bit more, but we still do not have the best v. best here...

Come on. Williams has been going down for years. Their budget can tumble 3 times in any of the big teams.

Edited by TheBunk, 20 May 2012 - 02:42.

#1324 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:08

In the past they did it by making better cars, by clever innovation and fast development unhindered by sluggish management, by beating the big boys at their own game.

Agreed, sadly that avenue isn't really open to smaller teams anymore because..... a) the regulations are so tight as to inhibit real innovation and b) everyone runs basically the same CFD software, so progress is measured by how much money a team can spend on computational power :(

#1325 AlexS

AlexS

• 2,568 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:37

The silliness continues.... it is not the tires that put 1st to 13th in one second. It is the quality of the game of medium teams that improved.

Racing positions is not the way to compare randomness since a small drop in performance means loosing places if the field is closer. Time is the proper way if someone wants to make a case for randomness.

#1326 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:12

The silliness continues.... it is not the tires that put 1st to 13th in one second. It is the quality of the game of medium teams that improved.

Racing positions is not the way to compare randomness since a small drop in performance means loosing places if the field is closer. Time is the proper way if someone wants to make a case for randomness.

1. Qualifying positions Hamilton: First, First, Second, Second, First
[Two penalties affecting starting position in five races]

2. Lotus' top 10 finishes: 7, 5, 6, 2/3, 3/4
[First two with low qualifying positions: Q1 out with a mistake and gearbox penalty]

3. Alonso's race results: 5, 1(wet race), 9, 7, 2

4. Top four teams: 1. RB (last season first), 2. McL (last season second), 3. Lotus (last season fifth) 4. Ferrari (last season third)

5. After tests predictions: 1. RB (current position 1) 2. McLaren (current position 2) 3. Mercedes (current position 5) 4. Lotus (current postion 3)

6. Three out of five races won from the pole, one from the second place, one from eigth (four drivers that qualified higher had collisions in a wet race: Schumacher, Vettel, Button, Grosjean)

As you can see it's a hell of a lottery. You can say it's only some drivers/team, I'm saying if it were a lottery it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by iotar, 20 May 2012 - 07:14.

#1327 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:31

I'm sorry maite, but the scoreboard doesn't tell the compleet story.
It's the way they got these points that bothers me.

#1328 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:35

Testing benefit shows - Schumacher

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/78243.html

:wave: Button.

#1329 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 14:57

Webber corroborates what Schumacher said a while ago and that generated the whole controversy on this particular thread

#1330 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:46

Mallya pitch in on how to approach the lottery this year i.e don't focus on upgrades but simply pour all resources into the tyres and hope to get lucky in one race.

"I believe this unpredictability has crept in largely because of the tyres and it's making for some entertaining races. That's why we're working especially hard to understand the tyres better to make sure we get the best out of them," he is quoted as saying by Autosport.

"If we can find the sweet spot I hope we can enjoy our own special results in the races to come.

http://planetf1.com/...-time-will-come

:down: Racing is now a joke.

#1331 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 13:50

I think to myself about these people 'if you really want a sport where money above all buys results, why don't you bu**er off and watch the English premiership....', and leave us who are immensely enjoying this season to enjoy it.

we want a sport were pure performance dictates the win.

IF more money means that those team have the best people and the best equipment, drivers etc why on earth would you want a system that allows poorer, smaller teams (with worse drivers) have a shot at wins every weekend?

the best end up winning in sports and the best are bought by the biggest amount of money. however they still need to develop the car etc, it's not really straightforward (see ToyotaF1).

#1332 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 15:06

Rosberg's win of course was no fluke - he will go on to win other races this year. Even the Williams and Sauber resurgence is no fluke IMHO, we will have still other Williams and possibly even a Sauber win coming up.

It is a pity that people like to see only the established teams winning - or teams that arrive at the establishment in a dominant fashion like Red Bull did in 2009. Otherwise wins are being discounted and I don't think that's fair in terms of multiplicity - it shows that people favor a monoculture.

#1333 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:18

It's time to stop anti-tyres propaganda:
- firstly Marko's 180 degrees switch
- now Sky loves them, instead of lottery it's sooo exciting
- Hamilton won
And the real reason behind it:
Pirelli to test new hard compound tyre in practice at the British Grand Prix
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100318

This all whining, controlled leaked "opinions", real racing BS, Schumacher's "eggshells", and playing dumb general opinion was to make the changes, maybe even mid-season. Visible signs of behind the behind the scenes pressure. Pirelli is reluctant to it, and of course their arguments are sound - it's unfair to the teams that are better at managing tyres and secondly this would create potentially random results.

So, wouldn't it be a real lottery if they changed it mid-season? Like changing after the season is not enough.

#1334 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,172 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:52

What's wrong with introducing new tyres? The control tyre manufacturer should be within their rights to improve their products and then apply them. If it inadvertently changes the pecking order, isn't that the teams problem?

Isn't that better than say, having a tyre war with tyre manufacturers deliberately improving the fortunes of their customer teams at the expense of others?

Edited by Disgrace, 12 June 2012 - 10:52.

#1335 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 17:23

In three weeks time no one will remember Maldonado!

3 weeks is up,so I still say the Pastor win was a fluke or a 70th birthday gift,to all that argued it.

#1336 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,760 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 19:23

What's wrong with introducing new tyres? The control tyre manufacturer should be within their rights to improve their products and then apply them. If it inadvertently changes the pecking order, isn't that the teams problem?

Isn't that better than say, having a tyre war with tyre manufacturers deliberately improving the fortunes of their customer teams at the expense of others?

I don't think it's fair to change rules mid-season. Unless safety is at stake.
E.g. Renault and Sauber with low tyre usage will be disadvantaged against teams like e.g. RedBull Racing with higher tyre usage.

#1337 PorcupineTroy

PorcupineTroy

• 300 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:31

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the race at Montreal seemed to be much less of a tyre-conservation act than the last couple of races, Monaco in particular.

Looking at the fastest race laps for every driver, they were closer to their qualifying times than they were at Monaco by a couple of seconds. What really got my interest at Monaco was that both Marussia's were able to set fastest laps well within a second of the FL's for the Bull's, Ferrari's Macca's etc. Even Narain's fastest laps was only 1.4 seconds off of Webber's best. This seems to suggest that either the Marussia's and HRT's have extremely good race pace relative to quali, or that most of the top runners drove well within themselves for the duration of the race.

Canada looked to be driven closer to the limit, as the fastest lap classifications "made more sense", if you will, and we saw a fair bit of "moments" (outside the first lap, I don't remember anyone even having a close shave with the barriers at Monaco).

Short version: The Canadian race was much better than Monaco. :p

#1338 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:08

E.g. Renault and Sauber with low tyre usage will be disadvantaged against teams like e.g. RedBull Racing with higher tyre usage.

Exactly, but not only that. It's a huge change, if we are to believe the impact tyres have, and not really justified.

Here's an interesting article that says that there are other reason why the field is tighter this season. More important than tyres:
http://www.motorspor...ot-5036006.html (google translate)

We knew about about blown diffuser but the claim is that flexing wings and new deflection tests are also responsible. Suggestion is that not only RB but other big teams benefited from it. Ferrari did something but I didn't know about the others. One of the arguments is (Sauber) that new tyres were introduced last season, this year is only a modification.

#1339 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:26

3 weeks is up,so I still say the Pastor win was a fluke or a 70th birthday gift,to all that argued it.

i still remember maldonado is a race winner while his teammate was running in the low top 10 before being crashed into , i remember him defenfing against alonso who had a better car and didnt make one mistake not even a lockup. i remember his qualifying 2nd while his teammate was in 18

Advertisement

#1340 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:25

Funny how Renault and Sauber with their better tyre usage have not won anything yet

#1341 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,760 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:28

Funny how Renault and Sauber with their better tyre usage have not won anything yet

They have not achieved P1 yet, but they're scoring big points because of their low tyre usage.

#1342 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:30

Is it fair to others, Pirelli produce tyre that is suitable for some and not for others? Still the tyres will be the same for everybody. So, no disadvantage. Hard tyres will be more fair to everybody. Will not be so temperature sensitive.

Edited by ivand911, 13 June 2012 - 11:31.

#1343 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,760 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:09

Is it fair to others, Pirelli produce tyre that is suitable for some and not for others? Still the tyres will be the same for everybody. So, no disadvantage. Hard tyres will be more fair to everybody. Will not be so temperature sensitive.

The current tyres suit some more than others. Changing the characteristics of the tyres will inevitably affect the competitiveness of some teams. Some positive, some negative. Simply not fair to do this mid-season.

#1344 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,172 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12

I mostly agree with this even if your own rationale is utterly partisan. Any new tyres will be the same for everybody, like the current ones are. The only question is whether teams have been developing their cars/setups around the compounds they've got. In that case a lot of resources will have been wasted, unless they did get on top of them, but there hasn't been much evidence to suggest any team is on top of any particular compounds.

#1345 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:15

F1 now is just endurance racing. Better spend millions on how not to loose seconds rather than on how to gain a tenth.

#1346 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,172 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:25

I agree. I highly dislike mid-season bans such as those we saw with Michelin tyres in '03 and mass dampers in '06 (and temporarily EBDs). The difference that doesn't make me a hypocrite though is between competition and spec.

Clever devices designed by the teams, especially if already passed as legal, should remain for a season. If they're banned afterwards due to costs or safety then whatever. That is competition and it's up to the teams to keep up and for the FIA to keep out. These Pirellis like the ECU for example, are spec. That is all to do with the powers above. They are control tyres so surely it's at Pirellis own discretion to bring out improved products.

Having a wider operating window is simple improvement; if the characteristics affect the pecking order then that's tough luck. It's the same for everyone, just like the ECUs, but some teams got more out of it with engine maps. Bridgestone control tyres between '07 and '10 affected the pecking order, that is to say with different control tyres, the order in those championships will have been different. Just because it's more in our face now doesn't change that.

Edited by Disgrace, 13 June 2012 - 12:26.

#1347 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 14:28

They can always try building a ''faster'' car. The whole point of F1,The best fastest 'formula' car/driver wins,the opposite of cruising on Pirellis and whomever lucks into the operating window can be a hero for one day.

The big teams will always be there,I just don't like HRT winning cos the weather gods were on their side.