Photo

MotorFilms Quarterly vol 27 just arrived

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RTH

RTH

• 6,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 13:25

1 . Interview with Marcus Chambers in 1991 BMC Competitions manager in the latter half of the 1950s. - Part 1 of 2 what a charming man full of stories you could listen to for hours, splendid.

2. Early Film of american car industry and the start of racing great achive film. 1960 Sebring in colour, remarkable restored film.

3. 1974 British saloon car championship follows a photographer during the season featuring the BL Dolomite Sprints and Andy Rouse in particular, great period piece, looks much further back in time than it was !

4. Isle of Man TT 1955 Senior race with all the Manx Nortons Gileras Mvs Duke Armstrong, Surtees, McIntyre etc, great quality colour print.

Another great selection of films, none of which I had ever seen before ... where do Weg & Doug keep finding all this great material !!!

As ever all wonderfully well tied together by Doug before and in between films, with explanation and anecdotes. He really is a national treasure .The 27th such compilation still fresh and better than ever.........Do keep it going chaps.Staying subscribed is a must.

Advertisement

#2 nicanary

nicanary

• 691 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 14:08

I've just received and viewed my copy. I'm the idiot who posted a few weeks ago questioning whether we would ever see another one - now I know that MFQ were arranging the Bods/Jenks dvd, and feel rather foolish.

Anyhooo... more top quality stuff again. But I'm worried about Doug Nye's study - the books have all gone, and they've been replaced by a battery of screens.Is Doug's house now the nerve-centre of an F1 teams' electronic feedback hub, or is he planning to get a white cat and sundry henchmen to assist in a bid for world domination?

#3 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,524 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 16:23

Not guilty old chap...that's Weg's edit suite up Lunnon, not my disaster area down Farrrnham...

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 27 April 2012 - 17:35.

#4 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,704 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 19:33

Was trying to identify the lady driver who appeared on screen briefly at Brands in the saloon film. Wendy Markey ?

#5 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 22:23

Was trying to identify the lady driver who appeared on screen briefly at Brands in the saloon film. Wendy Markey ?

Haven't seen it yet, but it could well be Wendy Markey, who did most of the races that year with the Penthouse RX3. Jenny Birrell also did a number of races with a Hillman Avenger and Simca in '74