GP de Maître Robert

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Fellowes

Andrew Fellowes

• 753 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:05

Autosport, November 18th, 1966 p.830

An ad by Ron Harris for an auction to be held at the Master Robert Motel, Great West Road, near London Airport, on Sunday, November 20th 1966.
11 cars were to be sold.

Lotus 32 chassis 3 & 4
Lotus 35 chassis 2, 3, 4 & 5
Lotus 41 chassis 26 & 27
Lotus 44 chassis 1, 2 & 3

This is self indulgent as I have acquired a Lotus 27 that masqueraded as 32 for many years reputedly running FB out of California. The tub outer skins were replaced and I fancy this would have been done in the UK. Having almost exhausted every 27 avenue in the States I am left with the unlikely, but possible explanation that as it was a works 27 that it was rebuilt as a 32 by Ron Harris. Highly unlikely but an avenue I'd like to explore. Several 32s can be ruled out as my car was racing in the States mid to late 60s. What I can't rule out are the two in this auction. Does anyone know where cars from this auction went or where they are now? Its suggested that Robs L bought most of them?

There are a number of 32s and 35s in Formula B in the States in the 60s that are listed in various race results, so far every single one has turned out to be a 27 up rated. The only one I have failed on is the 32 that was run by hill climb miestro Bill Rutan who has studiously avoided replying to my emails as has his son!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

#2 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,539 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:31

There are a number of 32s and 35s in Formula B in the States in the 60s that are listed in various race results, so far every single one has turned out to be a 27 up rated.

Almost every one Andrew. Byron Snow's was real wasn't it?

#3 Andrew Fellowes

Andrew Fellowes

• 753 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 20:08

More than likely a 32. Yes an exaggeration on my part.

Incidentally Feb 2 '68 MRE advertise the prototype 32 for sale and as being ideal for FB. This ad is repeated several times but ceases as far as I can see after the end of April.

#4 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 21:42

Didn't Gus Hutchison have a genuine ex-RHTL 32?