Photo

UK book-binder recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Morley

Peter Morley

• 2,263 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56

Having just completed my set of Sports Car and Lotus Owner magazines I'm inclined to have them bound.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations of book binders in the UK (or Belgium)?

Advertisement

#2 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,524 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 18:53

Both Simon Taylor and I used a wonderful chap named John Robinson, if I recall correctly, at Mytchett near Farnborough, Hants, UK. Not sure if he's still in harness but he has done long runs of 'Autosport', 'Motor Sport', 'Motor Racing', 'Speed', 'Autosprint' and 'Motoring News' for me, the latter vast volumes emerging as a binding tour de force.

DCN

#3 Peter Morley

Peter Morley

• 2,263 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 22:47

Both Simon Taylor and I used a wonderful chap named John Robinson, if I recall correctly, at Mytchett near Farnborough, Hants, UK. Not sure if he's still in harness but he has done long runs of 'Autosport', 'Motor Sport', 'Motor Racing', 'Speed', 'Autosprint' and 'Motoring News' for me, the latter vast volumes emerging as a binding tour de force.

DCN

Thanks for that - exactly what I needed, he appears frequently on the interweb so could well still be in business will try him next week.

Rgs
Peter

#4 J. Scott Morris

J. Scott Morris

• 38 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 22:46

Having just completed my set of Sports Car and Lotus Owner magazines I'm inclined to have them bound.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations of book binders in the UK (or Belgium)?

Good Day Peter; First, regarding the binding of magazines, my choice is to keep them in file boxes. I acquired a full set of 'Safety Fast' bound and find it quite difficult to scan any artilces. Also, when reading, a single magazine in hand seems to be a lot easier to handle. So, most of the various collections I have are maintained in file boxes.

Second, regarding your set of Sports Car and Lotus Owner magazines, I believe the January 1958 issue has a picture of a plexidome hardtop on a Austin Healey. My interest is in that picture and any article / notes in that issue regarding the clear dome. Would it be possible to get a high resolution scan of that cover and any article or notes in that issue that pertain to the plexidome hardtop? I have a couple of Austin Healeys and am interested in information about this hardtop. Thank you Peter for any help you can provide.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada jstmorris@yahoo.com