* * * - - 7 votes

2013 Silly Season

• Please log in to reply
2822 replies to this topic

#1201 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:17

Vettel will not drive for Ferrari as long as Alonso will be with the team.

ADD: and as long as newey is making blindingly fast cars for RBR :smoking:

however i'm more interested in RBR 2nd seat for 2014, kimi-webber swap will be phenomenal.

Edited by eronrules, 12 October 2012 - 10:18.

Advertisement

#1202 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:36

ADD: and as long as newey is making blindingly fast cars for RBR :smoking:

however i'm more interested in RBR 2nd seat for 2014, kimi-webber swap will be phenomenal.

Vetel would never accpet Kimi, as Kimi would destroy him.

#1203 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:45

you do realize that kimi and vettel are close friends, :p

watch them having fun at chinese gp weekend (start form 1.20 and turn caption ON for subs)

kimi-vettel chinese gp RTL

#1204 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:00

you do realize that kimi and vettel are close friends, :p

watch them having fun at chinese gp weekend (start form 1.20 and turn caption ON for subs)

kimi-vettel chinese gp RTL

You really dont get Vettel, the guy is the smiling assassin. Anyone competing against him is not his friend. Yes he might smile and joke with drivers but he wants to destroy them. Different animal away from the camera.

#1205 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:05

I don't know, I think he just gets in the car and does the job, and that happens to mean he's one of the fastest guys on the grid, especially with the car he has. He doesn't seem like someone like say, Alonso or perhaps Shchumacher in his prime. No idea though, it's not like I know the bloke.

#1206 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:26

You really dont get Vettel, the guy is the smiling assassin. Anyone competing against him is not his friend. Yes he might smile and joke with drivers but he wants to destroy them. Different animal away from the camera.

show me one driver that doesn't :smoking: kimi is the same, he just doesn't show any emotion. the biggest problem is kimi decides to go to RBR will be Marko, not vettel. also kimi has worked with newey before, so i see no problem there.

but rationaly speaking, i don't see kimi going to RBR either, he knows by this point (after his experience in ferrari) that two good driver in a team rarely works. too much politics in RBR. :cool:

#1207 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,142 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:55

Back on topic please, if you want to discuss 2014 or beyond with a specific subject, create a new thread. Thank you.

#1208 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:44

http://www.formula1f.....la 1 FanCast)

Sauber gives clue on:
-Guttierez
-Hulkenberg

So that would be consistent with Force India having:
- Alguesuari
- DiResta...

As for Kamui...probably the team told him: Kamui we would love to keep you but the truth is that we need the Mexican money....UNLESS you can bring similar sponsorship.

Caterham:
-Heikki stays
-VandeGarde is seriously being lined up

Question is where does that leave Pic?

#1209 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,534 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:36

John Booth wanted Pic to stay at Marussia.

#1210 BackmarkerUK

BackmarkerUK

• 344 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:39

If Sauber needs two pay drivers, how does Hulkenberg fit into that? Unless maybe there's some dealing whereby Sauber get reduced Ferrari engines, and Ferrari get an option on Hulkenberg (while also potentially freeing up a seat at Force India for Bianchi)?

#1211 Kyo

Kyo

• 781 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:08

Official?

not confirmed by Ferrari, but yeah, pretty much a done deal. Official news happens Tuesday.

#1212 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:13

:lol:

Edited by marcoferrari, 12 October 2012 - 16:13.

#1213 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:15

http://www.formula1f.....la 1 FanCast)

Sauber gives clue on:
-Guttierez
-Hulkenberg

So that would be consistent with Force India having:
- Alguesuari
- DiResta...

As for Kamui...probably the team told him: Kamui we would love to keep you but the truth is that we need the Mexican money....UNLESS you can bring similar sponsorship.

Caterham:
-Heikki stays
-VandeGarde is seriously being lined up

Question is where does that leave Pic?

The Sauber and F India lineup seems very realistic too me...

#1214 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:20

If Sauber needs two pay drivers, how does Hulkenberg fit into that? Unless maybe there's some dealing whereby Sauber get reduced Ferrari engines, and Ferrari get an option on Hulkenberg (while also potentially freeing up a seat at Force India for Bianchi)?

Maybe they only need one pay driver, that's why they want Kobayashi to stump up cash whilst Hulkenberg gets the other seat. And they don't want Esteban in the seat just yet, but then it also depends on what Telmex want. It's all speculative I guess.

I do hope Force India just keep both their drivers and let Sauber do their thing, I'm kinda disappointed that Sauber is being so desperate with wanting pay drivers.

#1215 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:24

Maybe they only need one pay driver, that's why they want Kobayashi to stump up cash whilst Hulkenberg gets the other seat. And they don't want Esteban in the seat just yet, but then it also depends on what Telmex want. It's all speculative I guess.

I do hope Force India just keep both their drivers and let Sauber do their thing, I'm kinda disappointed that Sauber is being so desperate with wanting pay drivers.

I'm also disappointed. But it looks like it's more down to Monisha now. She doesn't start on the right foot with F1 fans

#1216 apoka

apoka

• 3,482 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:28

I would prefer Kobayashi + Hulk with Guttierez as third driver. He could get some Fridays (for his sponsors) and another year in a feeder series.

#1217 Collective

Collective

• 1,082 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:31

If they don't put Gutiérrez in a car they lose Telmex, Interproteccion and Visit Mexico (possibly Cuervo and Disensa too, and maybe even NEC de México if there's no Kamui), so either Kamui or the other bidder (Alguersuari?) would need to come with the same amount of cash for not having Esteban in a car to make sense. I think he will be in one of the Sauber cars, let's see.

#1218 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 1,755 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:37

Hülkenberg would only move if Force India goes bankrupt, which looks closer than ever with that warrant against Mallya. If that's the case, then indeed Sauber seems like an option. That way, Ferrari can keep Massa for another season, so Hulkenberg can take his seat in 2014 and Massa moves to Sauber in return.

#1219 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:40

Thing is, if FI goes bad, it will be sold to someone who will probably want to keep some stability if the short term future is to work out.

So even in the worst case scenario where Mallya has to sell the team, it should be relatively fine for everybody, including the drivers already on board or being considered.

Edited by Ravenak, 12 October 2012 - 17:41.

Advertisement

#1220 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 1,755 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:43

Who knows, maybe Honda will buy into the Force India team. They expressed their desire to return. Although I think it will be more as an engine supplier.

#1221 Collective

Collective

• 1,082 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:51

Hülkenberg would only move if Force India goes bankrupt, which looks closer than ever with that warrant against Mallya. If that's the case, then indeed Sauber seems like an option. That way, Ferrari can keep Massa for another season, so Hulkenberg can take his seat in 2014 and Massa moves to Sauber in return.

Why does the world have the idea that Sauber desperately want Massa and Ferrari desperately want to get Massa a seat when he leaves?

#1222 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,599 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:48

Eddie Jordan's view:

- Massa to remain at Ferrari; Grosjean at Lotus; Toro Rosso also keeping both drivers.
- Kobayashi and Hulkenberg at Sauber.
- Di Resta to remain at Force India, alongside either Sutil or Alguersuari (that's a tough choice for marcoferrari!).
- Bottas to replace Senna alongside Maldonado at Williams.
- Kovalainen to be joined at Caterham by Pic (although Kovalainen also just gave a candid interview in which he emphasised that his contract expires a the en of the year).
- Chilton will join Glock at Marussia.
- Senna will partner De la Rosa at HRT.

#1223 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,588 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:52

Eddie Jordan's view:

- Massa to remain at Ferrari; Grosjean at Lotus; Toro Rosso also keeping both drivers.
- Di Resta to remain at Force India, alongside either Sutil or Alguersuari (that's a tough choice for marcoferrari!).
- Kovalainen to be joined at Caterham by Pic (although Kovalainen also just gave a candid interview in which he emphasised that his contract expires a the en of the year).

Actually, this is something I would like to see. Alguersuari get's the drive, not Sutil, I'll keep my favourite in F1 (Senna), wey, Eddie, nail this as well man!

#1224 Wheels23

Wheels23

• 379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:43

Geez does Marussia run through their 2nd drivers.

#1225 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,534 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:51

Senna back to HRT? I don't really see that. I think he will be back at sports car at 2013.

#1226 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,434 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:54

Why not? HRT needs more sponsors so if Senna can bring his over to them....

#1227 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:59

Anybody see build up on Sky this morning, had to lol when Simon Lazenby was asking Monisha Kaltenborn about Sauber's drivers for next season and the names that have been linked with them, perfectly timed cue Esteban Gutierrez walking past, grinning and staring into the camera! :lol: You couldn't of staged it any better!!

#1228 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:18

Eddie Jordan's view:

Jaime or Sutil is indeed a tough choice. Jaime is much younger and obviously a fresh start, but Sutil is or was one of the most underrated drivers on the grid and has the experience. I'd probably go with Jaime though just for something different...

Somewhat bemused by Hulkenberg moving to Sauber if true... but if he does go, Kobayashi needs to stump up heavily to keep his place alongside Nico. People might ask why would Sauber not want or need sponsorship from Nico, I guess they think he's good enough on his own and perhaps Kamui isn't quite, despite the podium. Not sure...

#1229 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,554 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:14

Jaime or Sutil is indeed a tough choice. Jaime is much younger and obviously a fresh start, but Sutil is or was one of the most underrated drivers on the grid and has the experience. I'd probably go with Jaime though just for something different...

Somewhat bemused by Hulkenberg moving to Sauber if true... but if he does go, Kobayashi needs to stump up heavily to keep his place alongside Nico. People might ask why would Sauber not want or need sponsorship from Nico, I guess they think he's good enough on his own and perhaps Kamui isn't quite, despite the podium. Not sure...

Nico brings sponsors. Katjes was it?

http://www.nicohulke...oos-katjes-logo

Edited by Dolph, 13 October 2012 - 11:14.

#1230 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,635 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:27

Katjes is Nico's personal sponsor. It's not even present on official Force India website as a team partner and I doubt Nico would be able to bring $ several million to Sauber.

#1231 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:42

If the rumors about a pre-contract between Ferrari and Hülkenberg are true and if Ferrari wants to keep Massa for one year, they might sent him to Sauber for one yea and might give Sauber a discount on the engine price in return.

#1232 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,128 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:14

If the rumors about a pre-contract between Ferrari and Hülkenberg are true and if Ferrari wants to keep Massa for one year, they might sent him to Sauber for one yea and might give Sauber a discount on the engine price in return.

Not heard about 2014 rumours for Hulkenberg. Rumours about talks for a one year deal for 2013 I've read but nothing about 2014.

But it sounds like Massa is probably staying put anyway for 2013.

#1233 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,534 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:01

that is an interesting thought.

#1234 nomi

nomi

• 288 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:17

What happend to Sakon Yamamoto?

#1235 teejay

teejay

• 3,579 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:18

Sutil is poison for sponsors after the whole stabbing someone with a glass thing...

If it comes down to a choice between the two, and it effects dollars, he wont get a gig.

#1236 KingB

KingB

• 311 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:24

maybe he can attract sponsors today...he takes part in a stock car race...
problem: it's about crashing other's cars :lol: and his opponents are just guys from german television (except for Timo Scheider) :lol:

#1237 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:34

Anybody see build up on Sky this morning, had to lol when Simon Lazenby was asking Monisha Kaltenborn about Sauber's drivers for next season and the names that have been linked with them, perfectly timed cue Esteban Gutierrez walking past, grinning and staring into the camera! :lol: You couldn't of staged it any better!!

in BBC interview, kaltenborn said esteban isn't their race driver next season and she was coy about hulkenberg.

#1238 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:53

in BBC interview, kaltenborn said esteban isn't their race driver next season and she was coy about hulkenberg.

Yeah it definetely sounded like Gutierrez won't be driving for Sauber next year so who could it be?

#1239 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 16:07

Yeah it definetely sounded like Gutierrez won't be driving for Sauber next year so who could it be?

i believe seeing kamui's performance so far (one podium and good quali) and fan/peer pressure, sauberF1 would retain him. remember that they are loosing perez and even though nico hulkenberg is a good performer, he'll be new to the team(provided he signs). so sauber won't wanna loose proven points scorer cause at the end of the day, points too brings a big chunk of constructor's revenue.

BTW, word on the rumor mill is that hulkenberg will move to sauber to age as potential Massa replacement come 2014. and esteban will accumulate experience to replace one of sauber drivers in 2014.

Advertisement

#1240 KinoNoNo

KinoNoNo

• 169 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:28

i believe seeing kamui's performance so far (one podium and good quali) and fan/peer pressure, sauberF1 would retain him. remember that they are loosing perez and even though nico hulkenberg is a good performer, he'll be new to the team(provided he signs). so sauber won't wanna loose proven points scorer cause at the end of the day, points too brings a big chunk of constructor's revenue.

BTW, word on the rumor mill is that hulkenberg will move to sauber to age as potential Massa replacement come 2014. and esteban will accumulate experience to replace one of sauber drivers in 2014.

If they can swing it, that could prove to be a good deal all round. Sauber gets two good drivers and Ferrari can check out Hulk against a benchmark in Kamui.

#1241 Santosdf

Santosdf

• 228 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:42

Will Mr Slim keep the same sponsorship without Esteban Gutierrez ?

#1242 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,115 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 19:51

Sauber could also decide to keep Gutiérrez one more year in GP2 and one more year as their test driver (running him on friday now and then) to prepare him for a race seat 2014.

#1243 Collective

Collective

• 1,082 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 00:01

Will Mr Slim keep the same sponsorship without Esteban Gutierrez ?

He won't

#1244 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 336 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:54

Andrew Benson says Hulk has signed for Sauber. As it's Benson take it with a pinch of salt ;)

BBC

#1245 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:57

BBC usually don't report it unless they know it, usually. So that's a pretty big confirmation. It's a strange one really but I guess that's that. You don't get too many drivers switching so much between the midfield teams, Williams, Force India, Sauber. I do hope he eventually gets a top drive, I still think it's a strange move for all parties involved. Himself, Force India and Sauber.

This most likely means Di Resta and Jaime at Force India, Bianchi as Friday/Test/Reserve. I wouldn't say it's too much of a disaster for them to lose Nico. Still top talent there for them.

I think Sauber might regret kicking Kamui out for Esteban.

#1246 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 336 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:12

On current form I'd say it's a good move for Hulk. I think Force India are ultimately doomed as a team, they can't keep getting away with all the shenanigans that have dogged them since they were Jordan. Would be interesting to Jaime get another go though, and probably another nail in the Di Resta myth.

#1247 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:25

The team has turned itself around considerably in terms of performance though since Spyker was taken over, there probably would be someone willing to step in and take over if need be. I doubt you'll see the team entirely crash out and cease to exist, that rarely happens in Formula One. If they were still shit I'd be more inclined to believe that there would be no buyers, but they're a solid outfit now.

Mallya might not be the cleanest Team Principle/Owner to grace Formula One (and not the dirtiest either) but you can't deny that he turned the team around by a fair margin.

Edited by King Six, 14 October 2012 - 10:25.

#1248 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:28

The team has turned itself around considerably in terms of performance though since Spyker was taken over, there probably would be someone willing to step in and take over if need be. I doubt you'll see the team entirely crash out and cease to exist, that rarely happens in Formula One. If they were still shit I'd be more inclined to believe that there would be no buyers, but they're a solid outfit now.

Mallya might not be the cleanest Team Principle/Owner to grace Formula One (and not the dirtiest either) but you can't deny that he turned the team around by a fair margin.

True... Btw., Force India driver missed out Q3 this year only twice!, which is the best result for them in their history... Car clearly isn t bad, the problem is, that almost everyone has improved compared to last year...

#1249 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:37

Andrew Benson says Hulk has signed for Sauber. As it's Benson take it with a pinch of salt ;)

BBC

I really don't understand WHY. FI is a great midfiled team with a strong development over the course of the season. Why, WHY should any switch to Sauber, the same midfield team - swiss team can build a rocket next year as well as a dog of a car.

#1250 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,543 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:43

I really don't understand WHY. FI is a great midfiled team with a strong development over the course of the season. Why, WHY should any switch to Sauber, the same midfield team - swiss team can build a rocket next year as well as a dog of a car.

Because the Sauber leader isn't going to an Indian prison. :lol: