* * * - - 7 votes

2013 Silly Season

• Please log in to reply
2822 replies to this topic

#101 apoka

apoka

• 3,487 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:21

I think lord Helmut 'let it slip' last year that 2012 is the last year for Webber at the team, but not sure about it, google didn't find the quote...

A quote from Mateschitz (http://thisisf1.com/...tle-mateschitz/ ): Beyond 2012, however, Webber has no contract, and Mateschitz confessed that “our primary goal is to put one of our juniors in the car”.

I think it has been pretty obvious for a while that they want to another driver from their young drivers programme in the main team. If one of the TR drives has a great season, then Webber has only slim chances to stay at RB.

Advertisement

#102 Zava

Zava

• 4,966 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:22

Still can't see why they'd dump Mark if he wants to continue on in 2013. As long as his form doesn't completely fall into the ocean and start costing them constructors championships.

And wouldn't put it as certain that one of the Red Bull juniors would replace him either, especially if Hamilton or Kimi was available.

yeah, I also would only go for one of the juniors for 2013 if he shines enough already.
Mateschitz in the days:
Beyond 2012, however, Webber has no contract, and Mateschitz confessed that “our primary goal is to put one of our juniors in the car”.
http://thisisf1.com/...tle-mateschitz/

#103 katmen

katmen

• 570 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:36

maybe consistency and scoring podium from str driver in 2012 could earn him a place in rbr for 2013 campaign

#104 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 18:35

Well just guess if you dare :wave:

Of the drivers with expiring contracts I think it's 100 % chance that Lewis stays at McLaren, especially since they appear to have a faster package then what Red Bull have right now. Button is already in until 2014 I think it was.

Pérez to Ferrari should be a shoe-in after his P2 in Malaysia and the fact that he's already contracted by Ferrari's academy. Will Massa take his place? Possible, but not as certain. Sauber himself admittedly was a huge fan of Massa at the end of his stint there in 2005 and tried to get him to stay on according to Massa himself at the time. Being beaten by Alonso is not like getting thrashed by Yuji Ide, either. If Massa doesn't get the nod there he might try for Williams or even Lotus, provided Grosjean bins it too much. Will Kobayashi stay on? If Pérez goes I'd say yes, if Peter Sauber doesn't decide he wants Massa instead and is required to field Gutiérrez by Slim (if Telmex don't depart to Ferrari along with Pérez). Alonso has four more years left on his highest-paid-in-F1-contract.

Red Bull? Ricciardo appears to be relatively quick and Vergne will probably get 2013 to prove himself, but I'm unsure who's coming from down below to fight with them. If Webber wants to stay I believe the team will let him. Vettel staying on obviously. Can't see him leaving until the day Alonso packs up, when Ferrari might move for him. Mercedes probably need to establish themselves as a credible force before he'd even consider them, regardless whether they're German or not. I guess he's quite well paid already...

Mercedes? Schumacher appears to be motivated, I can easily see him race next year as well. If not, the winner of the Hülkenberg-Di Resta squabble would be a probable replacement. That chain reaction could trigger Jules Bianchi being a Force India driver if Schumacher decides to quit. But I reckon he'll stay on if he continues to beat Rosberg, who of course is already signed up for next year.

As for Lotus I believe that as long as Grosjean will be able to reach the finish line sometimes he'll get a new deal because it's evident he's much faster than what Petrov ever was. Räikkönen has looked good as well and didn't he sign a two-year deal when he came back? No reason for him to move as long as their car is well inside Q3-pace, though.

Elsewhere it's all about who has the cash at Williams these days, Maldonado and Senna have appeared to perform alright so far, and I don't think Williams could afford any higher talent than those solid midfield chargers they have now. Kovalainen would be an amazing signing for them, but he doesn't bring sponsorship and has a decent contract for himself at Caterham - where I believe he'll stay unless Mercedes or Force India offer him paid drives in the case that Schumacher leaves and the chain reaction unfolds.

Glock has a paid deal with Marussia and is sitting pretty there, but the other three positions of the bottom teams are anyone's guess. Alguersuari might want an HRT slot?

I don't see much talent coming from below at the moment, probably due to the financial crisis and the collapse of the feeder system so the drivers can't stay in one series for too long if they're not well-funded. Sutil might have a chance to grab a seat, and sporting-wise he'd deserve it, the question is obviously how his PR value is following the suspended sentence? He might have to turn to IndyCar or DTM for future racing simply due to that.

Is Razia still at Caterham? If he's able to win GP2 he might have a chance of a race seat. Then there's also Nasr, but I doubt he'll go into F1 in 2013 already, since he might need another year to conquer GP2. I can't see there being so many rookies next year.

Red Bull
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber

McLaren
Jenson Button
Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
Fernando Alonso
Sergio Pérez (Sauber)

Mercedes
Michael Schumacher
Nico Rosberg

Lotus
Kimi Räikkönen
Romain Grosjean

Force India
Nico Hülkenberg
Paul di Resta

Sauber
Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
Kamui Kobayashi

Williams
Bruno Senna
Pastor Maldonado

Toro Rosso
Daniel Ricciardo
Jean-Éric Vergne (or a mad Helmut Marko-esque twist no one saw coming)

Caterham
Heikki Kovalainen
Vitaly Petrov

Marussia
Timo Glock
???

HRT
Pedro de la Rosa (if they're still around)
??? (Money talk$)

What do you make of the analysis? Am I the madman personified or do you believe I am right? I predict very few driver "transfers" to be honest.

Guess away :drunk: :up:

Edited by jeze, 26 March 2012 - 20:27.

#105 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 19:40

Maybe you'll be proven not to be too far off the mark, there, Jeze. I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be too much shuffeling for 2013.

#106 GustavoB

GustavoB

• 252 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 19:45

I think Mark Webber and Felipe Massa will be the keys to the chain reactions on the market. But your observations are very good and I agree with almost all of them.

#107 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:35

If Kovalainen carries on the way he has started this season then Caterham may think twice about keeping him on next year. I think Webber will retire, with Vergne taking his place. Massa probably won't last this season, let alone next, and will be replaced by Perez, with Gutierrez being promoted, maybe alongside Kobayashi - but Kobayashi's performances, especially in qualifying, will have to improve.

#108 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:39

I think Mark Webber and Felipe Massa will be the keys to the chain reactions on the market. But your observations are very good and I agree with almost all of them.

I can see Webber having another season at Red Bull given his performance so far this season plus it gives Ricciardo or Vergne more time to be properly prepared if they move up to the senior team. As for Massa who can see past Perez replacing him now?

#109 KavB

KavB

• 1,060 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:59

If Webber continues performing as he is now then I can see him staying for one more season at Red Bull, before they promote a Toro Rosso driver. Massa is on his way out of Ferrari, and I think out of F1 as well. I don't see Sauber taking him back... Schumacher looks like he is performing well so he may stay an extra year. The Lotus is good so Raikkonen doesn't have to leave before his contract expires. I think Lewis will stay put at McLaren.

#110 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:04

Webber to Ferrari done deal?

Hamilton to Mercedes?

If RBR and McLaren lose these two, who do they get?

A potential new team for Hamilton is something that had been discussed a lot, but what about replacing him if he leaves? What would McLaren do in this hypothetical situation? Build the team around Button? Get an up and coming talent? Lure a big name?

Edited by D.M.N., 29 April 2012 - 21:28.
removed "What with the latest rumors about Webber to Ferrari I think it's about time we get a thread like this started. Here's some topics to get this started:" +merged posts and thread

#111 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:13

A potential new team for Hamilton is something that had been discussed a lot, but what about replacing him if he leaves? What would McLaren do in this hypothetical situation? Build the team around Button? Get an up and coming talent? Lure a big name?

Raikkonen to Mclaren or RBR... :clap:

Edited by D.M.N., 29 April 2012 - 21:33.
fix quote link

#112 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:32

Kimi isn't exactly in the early part of his career though.

I think McLaren has been kind of spoiled these last few years, as much as I rag on Hamilton he would not be easy to replace if he leaves and and how many more years does Button have left?

#113 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 22:08

Hamilton to Mercedes?

Looking at this angle, maybe Mugello will be the last chance to prove that the McLaren reserve drivers are worthy to be Lewis replacement. :eek:

Kimi's saint name will be used by McLaren in Lewis renew negotiation to reduce the money bid, for sure.  ;)

#114 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 22:17

Webber to Ferrari done deal?

Hamilton to Mercedes?

If RBR and McLaren lose these two, who do they get?

Di Resta, you'd have to think.

#115 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 688 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 22:43

Redbull: Raikkonen - Vettel
McLaren: Button - Di Resta
Mercedes: Hamilton - Rosberg
Ferrari: Webber - Alonso
Renault: Grosjean - Petrov
Williams: Massa - Maldonado
Force India: Hulkenberg - Bianchi
Toro Rosso: Vergne - Ricciardo
Caterham: Senna - Van Der Garde
Marussia: Pic - Di Villota
HRT: De La Rosa - Clos

Schumacher retires again, Kovalainen not finding a seat in a top team, Glock to DTM.

that's all the fortune teller told me! :p

Edited by TheWilliamzer, 29 April 2012 - 22:52.

#116 Welby

Welby

• 89 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 23:50

How is Webber to Ferrari a done deal?

#117 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 23:53

It's a new rumor.

#118 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 00:55

My prediction~

Redbull: Vettel Raikkonen
McLaren: Button Hamilton
Ferrari: Alonso Perez
Mercedes: Rosberg DiResta
Sauber: Kobayashi Alguersuari
Renault: Grosjean Kubica
Williams: Senna Maldonado
Force India: Hulkenberg Petrov
Toro Rosso: Ricciardo Vergne
Caterham: Kovalainen Bottas
Marussia: Pic Glock
HRT: Announce team is for sale at 2012 Korean GP.

Sadly, I think this year will be the last for Webber and MSC.
Rightly so, Massa will be gone too.

Massa won't like the prospect of going from a Ferrari to a backmarker, and will instead announce his retirement at the Brazilian GP.
Webber will take a sabbatical from racing, fly jets around for fun, and return to racing under Porsche for the 24LM in 2014, among other events.
MSC will smoke cigars like a boss. Maybe for kicks buy the Nordschliefe.

#119 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:09

And Button is?

Kimi would have the measure of Jenson at McLaren, IMO.

I think a Kimi-Jenson pairing at McLaren would be a pretty straight-forward one. No melodrama...just balls out motoring by the Finn. No political bullshit from the IceMan...and, as a result, Jenson wouldn't need to do any political posturing either.

Advertisement

#120 Gyan

Gyan

• 832 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:38

McLaren - Hamilton/Button
Red Bull - Vettel/Webber
Lotus - Raikkonen/Grosjean
Ferrari - Alonso/Perez
Mercedes - Rosberg/Di Resta
Sauber - Kobayashi/Gutierrez
Toro Rosso - Ricciardo/Vergne
Force India - Hulkenburg/Bianchi
Caterham - Kovalainen/Petrov
Williams - Maldonado/Massa
Marussia - Glock/Pic

HRT to fold mid season.

Edited by Gyan, 30 April 2012 - 05:38.

#121 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:39

I think McLaren has been kind of spoiled these last few years, as much as I rag on Hamilton he would not be easy to replace if he leaves and and how many more years does Button have left?

but he isn't at the end although...only 32 and ready for another 4 years...

#122 Owen

Owen

• 10,425 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:29

@f1enigma - twitter
Like rumor mill? Webber to partner Alonso at Ferrari in 2013 - Fórmula 1

http://www.elconfide...-en-2013-97090/

#123 Faupa

Faupa

• 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:31

Since the 2012 Formula One grid is all but decided, I thought it would be just about time to start the 2013 Silly Season thread. By the looks of the end dates of several drivers' contracts, it promises to be an exciting game of musical chairs.

Webber to Ferrari, Ron is finally pissed off with Hamilton's preciousness and swaps him for Hekki, Norbert and Ross finally get the message through to Michael he is not producing the results he is being paid for and he is replaced by Viltaly Petrov who is sponsored by MB Russia. The MB driver suit turns to a silver BOSS driver suit with a large gold necklace, TAG HEURER is dropped as a main sponsor and a huge multifaceted Platinum ROLEX is new watch sponsor.

Williams looks for a new sponsor and the stars of MADAGASCAR are promoted to the roles of F1 drivers ( gotta watch the penguins as F1 mechanics and working the politics of F1)

SAUBER stays with the same driver line up but Peter Sauber finds some more money to allow his drivers to do more than one pit stop per race.

LOTUS agrees that Kimi and Grojean stay, however Kimi is infected by a bad virus having a new tattoo applied.

HRT does not turn up to race and no one notices.

Marussian is taken over an obscure company called Stephan F1, boxes left in Bahrain several years ago are opened and NO ONE NOTICES!

Helmut Marko is found to be one eyed about the nationality of the drivers for Red Bull and Torro Rosso

#124 Faupa

Faupa

• 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:31

Since the 2012 Formula One grid is all but decided, I thought it would be just about time to start the 2013 Silly Season thread. By the looks of the end dates of several drivers' contracts, it promises to be an exciting game of musical chairs.

Webber to Ferrari, Ron is finally pissed off with Hamilton's preciousness and swaps him for Hekki, Norbert and Ross finally get the message through to Michael he is not producing the results he is being paid for and he is replaced by Viltaly Petrov who is sponsored by MB Russia. The MB driver suit turns to a silver BOSS driver suit with a large gold necklace, TAG HEURER is dropped as a main sponsor and a huge multifaceted Platinum ROLEX is new watch sponsor.

Williams looks for a new sponsor and the stars of MADAGASCAR are promoted to the roles of F1 drivers ( gotta watch the penguins as F1 mechanics and working the politics of F1)

SAUBER stays with the same driver line up but Peter Sauber finds some more money to allow his drivers to do more than one pit stop per race.

LOTUS agrees that Kimi and Grojean stay, however Kimi is infected by a bad virus having a new tattoo applied.

HRT does not turn up to race and no one notices.

Marussian is taken over an obscure company called Stephan F1, boxes left in Bahrain several years ago are opened and NO ONE NOTICES!

Helmut Marko is found to be one eyed about the nationality of the drivers for Red Bull and Torro Rosso

#125 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 18:48

And Button is?

Kimi would have the measure of Jenson at McLaren, IMO.

I think a Kimi-Jenson pairing at McLaren would be a pretty straight-forward one. No melodrama...just balls out motoring by the Finn. No political bullshit from the IceMan...and, as a result, Jenson wouldn't need to do any political posturing either.

And even if JB tried it wouldn't work with the Macca crew... food fights in hotel suites at ungodly hours > dinners at fancy restaurants :D

#126 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,376 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44

Ferrari is now very firmly a Latin team. They will not take Webber. He has nowhere else to go in terms of the top teams. He will retire rather than go to a small team.

Bruno Senna has more chance than Webber!

Hamilton staying with McLaren - No suprise there!

1. Yup, Webbo might eventually learn Italian, seems a long shot though! Did Mansell speak Italian?

2. Sounds reasonable, IMO Perez is better and more than ready. Why does Perez need to be ready to replace Alonso :confused: , perez is for replacing massa IMO.

3. It terms of getting the "best" at Ferrari they would to have first choice Vettel (contracted), second choice Hamilton (not contracted hmmm...), surely? The Ferrari way is to get the best drivers, surely. Hamilton is not fairing that well at McLaren really (he would perform better if they prioritise him consistently over Button IMO, which they don't with their equal treatment policies, allowing different brakes etc and so on), maybe a change to ideally Red Bull (but Marko is an idiot and won't allow it) or Lotus or Mercedes would be better for his career?

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 01 May 2012 - 06:45.

#127 GotYoubyTheBalls

GotYoubyTheBalls

• 301 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:54

1. Yup, Webbo might eventually learn Italian, seems a long shot though! Did Mansell speak Italian?

2. Sounds reasonable, IMO Perez is better and more than ready. Why does Perez need to be ready to replace Alonso :confused: , perez is for replacing massa IMO.

3. It terms of getting the "best" at Ferrari they would to have first choice Vettel (contracted), second choice Hamilton (not contracted hmmm...), surely? The Ferrari way is to get the best drivers, surely. Hamilton is not fairing that well at McLaren really (he would perform better if they prioritise him consistently over Button IMO, which they don't with their equal treatment policies, allowing different brakes etc and so on), maybe a change to ideally Red Bull (but Marko is an idiot and won't allow it) or Lotus or Mercedes would be better for his career?

No, Webber is a better choice than Perez at this stage for the WCC

.... Lol Hamilton Ferrari's second choice??? :lol: :lol: They dont want him. His only chance other than Mclaren is Merc and thats ONLY if MSC wants out which is unlikely if he gets a win this year.

#128 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:56

No, Webber is a better choice than Perez at this stage for the WCC

.... Lol Hamilton Ferrari's second choice??? :lol: :lol: They dont want him. His only chance other than Mclaren is Merc and thats ONLY if MSC wants out which is unlikely if he gets a win this year.

What about RB and Ham? :confused:

#129 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:40

What about RB and Ham? :confused:

Is Hamilton really going to go to Red Bull and be a number 2 driver......

#130 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,041 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:27

Is Hamilton really going to go to Red Bull and be a number 2 driver......

Red Bull can quite easily abandon having a number one driver if they choose to. After all Hamilton will give them even more publicity, and that's the whole reason Red Bull are here for.

#131 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,622 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:53

There's a clip in the official 1991 season review of Mansell speaking in Italian after qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix, I believe.

#132 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 17:31

All I know is that Hamilton will not be at McLaren next year. Mercedes look the most likely option for him, he already has a solid relationship with them etc. It would be a dream move to see Hamilton at Ferrari next to Alonso again though this does seem unlikely....though it's not impossible, the Alonso/Ferrari pairing hasn't exactly set the F1 world on fire so far as many predicted and those at the top may wish to shake things up a little.

#133 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 17:33

Hamilton won't be moving teams, if he does the only place would be RedBull.

#134 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,192 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 17:46

Last week, Surer said something in ServusTV (Red Bull TV) that could pretty much play a role in this year's silly season.

They were analysing Bahrain's race and they ended talking about Räikkönen, his come back and if he could change to a top team next year and Surer said something like (I'm talking by memory one week later) "of course, but which are the top teams now? Maybe his actual team is better".

I think that idea could be applied to the other top drivers too. Which are the top teams now? Which ones can give now a guarantee about a good car next year? That's something the drivers whose contracts end this year will have to think about but, honestly, the team pecking order looks pretty confusing at the moment.

Edited by artista, 01 May 2012 - 17:47.

#135 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 17:48

So will he or wont he? How can you be so sure that he's not moving then go on to say he might be going to RBR?

Of course Hamilton is going to leave - he's endured too many frustrating years at McLaren to simply stay put and endure several more. The fact he's not signed another contract speaks volumes.

#136 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 17:59

So will he or wont he? How can you be so sure that he's not moving then go on to say he might be going to RBR?

Of course Hamilton is going to leave - he's endured too many frustrating years at McLaren to simply stay put and endure several more. The fact he's not signed another contract speaks volumes.

I can't find the video but in a sky interview he said its just finding the right time to sit down and go through the contract as its stressful and very big.

You say the fact he hasn't signed another contract speaks volumes... when did JB sign his contract with McLaren last year or Webber and his contract?

#137 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,580 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 18:06

Hamilton to Mercedes?

I just don't get this rumour. Why would LH go to Mercedes? Why not Lotus or Williams? Perhaps Force India?

#138 keiichi

keiichi

• 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 18:22

I must say that a Vettel/Hamilton pairing would be pretty interesting to say the least, and pretty mighty. And if Webber did move to Ferrari next year, I guess it wouldn't be unlikely at all to see Hamilton take the oportunity and take the spot at Red Bull. The spot at Mclaren could be taken perhaps by Di Resta if he keeps up the good work.

Only trouble is that I don't see Webber moving for Ferrari even though I don't think it's impossible at all...

#139 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 18:28

I must say that a Vettel/Hamilton pairing would be pretty interesting to say the least, and pretty mighty. And if Webber did move to Ferrari next year, I guess it wouldn't be unlikely at all to see Hamilton take the oportunity and take the spot at Red Bull. The spot at Mclaren could be taken perhaps by Di Resta if he keeps up the good work.

Only trouble is that I don't see Webber moving for Ferrari even though I don't think it's impossible at all...

I think Vettel/Ham would be very interesting...as I think Vettel will own ham

Advertisement

#140 keiichi

keiichi

• 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 19:22

I think Vettel/Ham would be very interesting...as I think Vettel will own ham

Well I think Vettel at least initially would have the number one status, but afterwards I really don't know. The thing is Vettel is a pretty special driver, but so is Hamilton...So I really wouldn't bet in any of them owning the other at this stage, because each in his own way, both are pretty damn good drivers.

#141 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 19:36

Well I think Vettel at least initially would have the number one status, but afterwards I really don't know. The thing is Vettel is a pretty special driver, but so is Hamilton...So I really wouldn't bet in any of them owning the other at this stage, because each in his own way, both are pretty damn good drivers.

Ham is really good i know but i think that the changes in tyres did hurt HAM the most of all top drivers... because he has by far the most aggressive style...to be a smoother drivers (button) is the best these days... and I think Vettel is better in this point than ham... on 1 lap i think they're prettyu equal but both TOP

#142 keiichi

keiichi

• 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 23:12

Ham is really good i know but i think that the changes in tyres did hurt HAM the most of all top drivers... because he has by far the most aggressive style...to be a smoother drivers (button) is the best these days... and I think Vettel is better in this point than ham... on 1 lap i think they're prettyu equal but both TOP

Yeah, that's a fair point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they really end up together at Red Bull.

#143 smoothcrim

smoothcrim

• 426 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 23:41

Hamilton will stay where he is,there is no better option for him.

Webber moving to ferrari seems highly likely.He wont get treated any worse than he is at rbr,and rbr have treated him pretty well.Its not easy having 2 top quality drivers in the one team.He will be a great asset for Ferraris WCC aspirations.

Raikonnen to partner Vettel would be a strong possibility also.I dont think any of their young drivers will be ready in time for next year,so they will need someone........maybe they should offer Webber a huge chunk of cash to stay?I dont know if raikonnens contract would allow him to join a different team in 2013.

Edited by smoothcrim, 01 May 2012 - 23:42.

#144 PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE

• 894 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 00:22

There's a clip in the official 1991 season review of Mansell speaking in Italian after qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix, I believe.

I'm not sure you'd call it speaking, but he did string a few words together that sounded Italian-esque :rotfl:

#145 smoothcrim

smoothcrim

• 426 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:48

I'm not sure you'd call it speaking, but he did string a few words together that sounded Italian-esque :rotfl:

Mansell was about as latin as a sack of potatoes.Same with Prost,Schumacher,Lauda........etc etc.......

#146 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,376 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:22

I just don't get this rumour. Why would LH go to Mercedes? Why not Lotus or Williams? Perhaps Force India?

It's clear that Button has a different driving style. It's also my opinion that Hamilton lost the Australian gp win because he has a competitive team-mate. Hamilton might actually fare a lot better with a clear number 1 situtation somewhere (maybe a swap with Rosberg!, imagine Schumi as a defined number 2, for the first time in his career, to hamilton , very amusing :) )? Or at Red Bull his driving style is quite similar to Vettel, so that would also be a good situation.

#147 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56

There's more chance of Newey Racing the RB9 than Hamilton. IMO of course.

#148 Trust

Trust

• 3,170 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:25

It's clear that Button has a different driving style. It's also my opinion that Hamilton lost the Australian gp win because he has a competitive team-mate. Hamilton might actually fare a lot better with a clear number 1 situtation somewhere (maybe a swap with Rosberg!, imagine Schumi as a defined number 2, for the first time in his career, to hamilton , very amusing :) )? Or at Red Bull his driving style is quite similar to Vettel, so that would also be a good situation.

I think this goes for every driver, not just Lewis.

#149 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:11

All I know is that Hamilton will not be at McLaren next year. Mercedes look the most likely option for him, he already has a solid relationship with them etc. It would be a dream move to see Hamilton at Ferrari next to Alonso again though this does seem unlikely....though it's not impossible, the Alonso/Ferrari pairing hasn't exactly set the F1 world on fire so far as many predicted and those at the top may wish to shake things up a little.

You don't know that at all. You might think or predict it, but that does not make it a fact.

#150 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:01

Has RBR exhibited in its brief history in F1 any inclination to favor one driver over another? I am not aware of anything of that kind since Vettel was hired.

I am of course discounting a few overblown and exadurated headlines by certain media groups, and related PR stunts when Webber attempted to get an upper hand within the team through negotiation of his position in public. That was the only case when I thought he will be let go at the end of the season, but DM kept him. Fans on this BB talk about it, but repeating false statements doesn't brings them any closer to the factual situation. Little bit of a preferential treatment within is an unwritten law of human nature. People swarm around the winner, and want to be associated with a such person, serving (helping) him over and above their normal duty, and there is nothing management can do anything about it.