2013 Silly Season

• Please log in to reply
2822 replies to this topic

#201 Theturkeyprize

Theturkeyprize

• 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:59

RBR : Vettel / Vergne or Ricciardo.
McLaren : Button / Lewis with a 1 year extension.
Ferrari : Alonso / Webber.
Mercedes : Rosberg / Di Resta.
Lotus : Kimi / Grojsean.
Force India : Hulk / Heikki
Williams : Maldonado / Bottas
Sauber : Kamui / Perez
Toro Rosso : Vergne or Ricciardo / Buemi
Caterham : Petrov / Rossi
Virgin : Glock / Wickens
HRT : Alguersuari / Narain

Advertisement

#202 THE "driverider"

THE "driverider"

• 804 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:52

Red Bull: Vettel/Raikkonen
McLaren: Button/Hamilton
Ferrari: Alonso/Webber
Mercedes: Rosberg/di Resta
Lotus: Grosjean/Kovalainen
Force India: Hulkenberg/Bianchi
Sauber: Kobayashi/Perez
Toro Rosso: Ricciardo/Vergne
Williams: Maldonado/Bottas
Caterham: Petrov/Alguersuari
Marussia: Glock/'someone'
HRT: 'anyone'

Edited by THE "driverider", 19 June 2012 - 22:19.

#203 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,541 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56

De La Rosa has a two-year-contract with HRT.

#204 matthewf1

matthewf1

• 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 13:25

Red Bull - Vettel & Hamilton
McLaren - Button & Di Resta
Ferrari - Alonso & Webber
Mercedes - Rosberg & Schumacher
Lotus - Raikkonen & Grosjean
Force India - Hulkenberg & Alguersuari
Sauber - Kobayashi & Perez
Toro Rosso - Ricciardo & Vergne
Caterham - Kovalainen & Petrov
HRT - De la Rosa & Karthikeyan
Marussia - Glock & Pic

#205 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 13:35

I predict these top team drivers will be gone next year;

Massa, not wanted by any other team.

Schumacher, his choice to leave for lack of passion.

Webber, won't settle for a lesser team.

Oh, yes, and the other two are;

Senna, lacluster performance and who's funding may not be required next year.

Vergne, who has had his chance and simply failed to impress.

Edited by metz, 19 June 2012 - 15:16.

#206 goingthedistance

goingthedistance

• 2,124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 14:02

Red Bull - Vettel, Webber
McLaren - Button, Hamilton
Ferrari - Alonso, Perez
Mercedes - Rosberg, Di Resta
Lotus - Grosjean, Raikkonen
Force India - Hulkenberg, Alguersuari
Sauber - Kobayashi, Bianchi
Toro Rosso - Ricciardo, Vergne

#207 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 14:56

Hmmm... I might have a go at another Silly Season prediction some time soon. :)

#208 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 15:21

I predict these top team drivers will be gone next year;

Massa, not wanted by any other team.

Schumacher, his choice to leave for lack of passion.

Webber, won't settle for a lesser team.

Oh, yes, and the other two are;

Senna, lacluster performance and who's funding may not be required next year.

Vergne, who has had his chance and simply failed to impress.

Why would Webber be gone? He's not in a position where he'd have to settle for a lesser seat, there's been nothing from Red Bull to suggest they are looking to replace him.

I don't think Vergne will be gone next year either. But purely because there's no one on the Red Bull ladder ready to replace him. And I doubt they are going to contract an outside driver to driver for the junior team.

EDIT: I largely agree with most of goingthedistance's predictions but I doubt Bianchi is ever going to get a race seat. I don't get the impression that Ferrari are particularly bothered about him as a serious prospect for the future.

Edited by KateLM, 19 June 2012 - 15:24.

#209 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 15:55

I think the top five teams might even remain with both drivers for next year, even Felipe. What Ferrari choose to do with him could have a big knock on effect regarding Perez, maybe Webber. That's how it will spiral. That said, once one of the major players confirms what they're doing, the rest will fall into line.

A lot of people saying Vergne will be toast, but unlike the situation for Jaime & Seb, there's no-one waiting in the wings for another season or two. I'm expecting Bottas in for Senna next season too, purely because of the way Williams is treating Valtteri. Could see Rossi being given some races in the Caterham in 2013 with the two US races.

#210 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,574 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 16:01

Why would Webber be gone? He's not in a position where he'd have to settle for a lesser seat, there's been nothing from Red Bull to suggest they are looking to replace him.

The one year deals Webber keeps making seem to suggest RB are not sure what they will do with Webber the year after next.

#211 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,038 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 16:20

Vergne had his chance? Hardly it's only been seven races and he's drove decently in the races, despite barely ever appearing out of Q1. Give him at least the season before deciding on his fate.

#212 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,045 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 16:27

Vergne had his chance? Hardly it's only been seven races and he's drove decently in the races, despite barely ever appearing out of Q1. Give him at least the season before deciding on his fate.

Seeing how long Red Bull gave Alguersauri and Buemi, they will give Vergne another 2 seasons with the STR team.

#213 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:02

I don't think Rossi will get a chance with Caterham. From what I've seen, most of his career has been close but no cigar. He's good, but I don't think he's quite good enough to get in without some significant sponsorship (which he doesn't seem to have). And if they were that bothered about PR factor for the US races then they would have let Chandhok drive in India last year.

The one year deals Webber keeps making seem to suggest RB are not sure what they will do with Webber the year after next.

I don't disagree with that but I thought we were talking about next year.

#214 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,574 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:06

I don't disagree with that but I thought we were talking about next year.

Well, they signed a contract in 2011 for 2012 (in 2011 this was next year) meaning that they did not know what plans they had with Webber for 2013 (in 2011 this was the year after next). That's what I meant.

Edited by Dolph, 19 June 2012 - 17:07.

#215 BackmarkerUK

BackmarkerUK

• 344 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:18

I would guess:

Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel - too much of a Red Bull favourite to go anywhere else, and pretty much guaranteed a top chassis while Adrian Newey is there.
Mark Webber - might get an offer to go to Ferrari, but he would know that Pérez would be poised to replace him, and he would definitely be number 2 to Alonso. If he stays at Red Bull he's got a better shot at the title, a better car, and more security. I don't see Vergne or Ricciardo being ready, I don't see anyone else moving to Red Bull.

McLaren

Jenson Button - seems pretty settled at McLaren, probably there until the end of his career now.
Lewis Hamilton - I don't see him leaving. The only hold-up seems to be money, and I think that he will reach a compromise with McLaren.

Lotus (or whatever they're called)

Kimi Räikkönen - no better offers, as long as his wage can be paid I think he'll stay on.
Romain Grosjean - a good debut season, helps with some of the French sponsors.

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso - he likes being at Ferrari, Ferrari like having him.
Sergio Pérez - I don't see Massa staying beyond this year, it's no secret that Ferrari want him replaced. Pérez is currently one of their driver academy members, has shown promise, can be made to be number two to Alonso while he 'learns'. If they don't take him at this opportunity, will he want to come next time (especially if there are other offers, e.g. from McLaren or Red Bull)? Safer to bring him in now.

Mercedes

Nico Rosberg - first Mercedes win since 1955, German, supposedly a top driver.
Paul di Resta - rumoured interest from Mercedes, former Mercedes DTM driver, decent enough performance so far to suggest he would be a good number two to Rosberg.

Sauber

Kamui Kobayashi - decent driver, hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped.
Esteban Gutiérrez - will help keep the Mexican sponsors if they lose Pérez, currently Sauber test driver. Only downside is that he's not been doing too well in GP2 Series this season, but there's time for improvement.

Williams

Pastor Maldonado - a race winner with an absolute fortune of Venezuelan money behind him. If they were to replace him, it would have to be with another Venezuelan, and the others in motorsport (Cecotto, Serenelli etc.) simply aren't good enough.
Valtteri Bottas - the word is that a deal has already been done. Good driver, GP3 champion, but doesn't bring much sponsorship at all. Senna's been okay, but unspectacular.

Force India

Nico Hülkenberg - all right, but not great, so far. Supposedly Mercedes are keeping tabs on him. If di Resta goes, then Force India will probably keep him as their 'experienced' driver.
Jules Bianchi - he fits Force India's modus operandi - testing the season before getting a race seat. Counting against him is his record since winning F3 Euro Series - not as good as was expected, too many crashes. Currently only 6th in Formula Renault 3.5 - wouldn't be too surprised if Ferrari dropped him. But I have no better suggestions - Oliver Turvey thanks to the McLaren connection? Bird, Vietoris, Wickens or Merhi thanks to the Mercedes connection? I've got to say Bianchi until I hear a better rumour.

Toro Rosso

Jean-Éric Vergne - needs a second season.
Daniel Ricciard - needs a second season (third if you count his time at HRT). Lewis Williamson is currently next in line to make it into Toro Rosso, but he's not ready yet (and if his Formula Renault 3.5 performances are anything to go by, won't be ready for F1 in 2014). Carlos Sainz, Jr. might be in with a shout in 2014.

Caterham

Heikki Kovalainen - at the start of the season I thought he'd lost his motivation and was on his way out, but he's rallied since then. I don't see any better offers coming his way, and maybe next year Caterham will break into the midfield.
Vitaly Petrov - his best chance of staying in F1, and brings in the bucks.

Marussia

Timo Glock - no better offers. Has presumably been a decent development driver for Marussia, and isn't costing too much.
Charles Pic - I can see Pic going the way of di Grassi and d'Ambrosio, but his money will presumably save him.

HRT

Pedro de la Rosa - has a contract (not that they mean much these days), great development driver. Spanish.
Dani Clos - Karthikeyan is rumoured to have money troubles, Clos is Spanish, brings a tiny amount of sponsorship, and has been driving for HRT in free practice. Though he could be pipped by someone with deep pockets.

#216 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:29

On HRT - de la Rosa is a certainty, probably will extended his driving contract for a couple more years.

Clos, Ceccotto Jr or someone of that ilk will get the 2nd seat, Karthikeyan will be no where near HRT next year as his money troubles have appeared again this year plus the Team Management don't exactly like him right now...

Edited by cbbcisace, 19 June 2012 - 17:48.

#217 goingthedistance

goingthedistance

• 2,124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:35

I don't think Vergne will be gone next year either. But purely because there's no one on the Red Bull ladder ready to replace him. And I doubt they are going to contract an outside driver to driver for the junior team.

EDIT: I largely agree with most of goingthedistance's predictions but I doubt Bianchi is ever going to get a race seat. I don't get the impression that Ferrari are particularly bothered about him as a serious prospect for the future.

You may well be right on Bianchi, but he is managed by Nicholas Tost so I'm not so sure he won't factor. Any ideas on who Ferrari's next young thing is? If Perez moves up I presume another Ferrari academy driver will be placed at Sauber.

#218 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,045 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 17:42

Williams

Pastor Maldonado - a race winner with an absolute fortune of Venezuelan money behind him. If they were to replace him, it would have to be with another Venezuelan, and the others in motorsport (Cecotto, Serenelli etc.) simply aren't good enough.

I think it goes back to the countries politics. I recall the country not being happy at Chavez spending the money on him, and with the health problems of the Venezuelan dictator returning, if he passes / loses power, could Maldonado be out? Does his win keep him in good favor with his government being a staunch supporter of the current regime?

#219 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:03

Surely Kovalainen will move to a better team for 2013, I think he has extracted 100% and more of the Lotus/Caterham car potential.

I don't think so, he hasn't really been faster than Petrov in the races and is the last two seasons has had all the luck, which made him look better compared to Trulli and now Petrov. A good qualifyer but an average racer, and a flop last time he was at a good team.

Advertisement

#220 BackmarkerUK

BackmarkerUK

• 344 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:22

I think it goes back to the countries politics. I recall the country not being happy at Chavez spending the money on him, and with the health problems of the Venezuelan dictator returning, if he passes / loses power, could Maldonado be out? Does his win keep him in good favor with his government being a staunch supporter of the current regime?

I think Maldonado's sponsorship is safe enough. Unless he dies, Chavez will stay in power, and even then Maldonado's sponsorship is a drop in the ocean of PDVSA's income really.

#221 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:32

I just want change in the top teams, nothing more. My wishlist would be:

Red Bull:
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Lewis Hamilton

Mclaren:
3. Jenson Button
4. Paul di Resta

Lotus:
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Romain Grosjean

Ferrari:
7. Fernando Alonso
8. Sergio Perez

Mercedes:
9. Nico Rosberg
10. Sam Bird

Sauber:
11. Kamui Kobayashi
12. Esteban Gutiérrez

Williams:
14. Pastor Maldonado
15. Valtteri Bottas

Force India:
16. Nico Hulkenburg
17. Max Chilton

Toro Rosso:
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Jean-Éric Vergne

Caterham:
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Alexander Rossi

Marussia:
22. Timo Glock
23. Charles Pic

#222 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,541 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 20:08

Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel - Mark Webber
McLaren: Lewis Hamilton - Jenson Button
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso - Sergio Perez
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg - Michael Schumacher
Lotus: Romain Grosjean - Kimi Räikkönen
Sauber: Kamui Kobayashi - Felipe Massa
Williams: Pastor Maldonado - Valtteri Bottas
Force India: Paul di Resta - Nicolas Hülkenberg
Toro Rosso: Daniel Ricciardo - Jean-Eric Vergne
Caterham: Heikki Kovalainen - Giedo van der Garde
Marussia: Timo Glock - Max Chilton
HRT: Pedro de La Rosa - Dani Clos

#223 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,574 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 20:33

You may well be right on Bianchi, but he is managed by Nicholas Tost so I'm not so sure he won't factor. Any ideas on who Ferrari's next young thing is? If Perez moves up I presume another Ferrari academy driver will be placed at Sauber.

Todt, not Tost ;) Just a type I assume.

#224 BackmarkerUK

BackmarkerUK

• 344 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 20:59

Any ideas on who Ferrari's next young thing is?

Raffaele Marciello. Currently 2nd in Formula 3 Euro Series, part of the Ferrari Driver Academy, Italian. Testing at Force India or Sauber and a Formula Renault 3.5 would seem a logical next step.

#225 goingthedistance

goingthedistance

• 2,124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 22:44

Todt, not Tost ;) Just a type I assume.

More of a mental typo, I was writing something about Franz Tost earlier and got the names mixed up. But yes I meant Nicholas Todt. :blush:

#226 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,720 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 00:14

Red Bull-Renault

- Sebastian Vettel (until end of 2014)
- Mark Webber: If he does reasonably well, contract for another year. If not, retire and either Vergne or Ricciardo to take his seat.

McLaren

- Lewis Hamilton: Has nowhere to go but maybe Mercedes if MS re-retires. He will most probably stay, but things might get sour if the team keeps letting him down or if he starts underperforming.
- Jenson Button (until end of 2014)

Ferrari

- Fernando Alonso (until end of 2016)
- Felipe Massa: Will probably be forced to retire unless Williams dumps Senna and replaces him with Massa.

Mercedes GP

- Michael Schumacher: If he doesn't retire, this is the only place he could stay. If he leaves, diResta or Hulk to replace him.
- Nico Rosberg (until end of 2013)

Lotus Renault GP

- Kimi Räikkönen (until end of 2013)
- Romain Grosjean: Don't know for how long he has a contract but in all likelihood he'll stay. He's doing ok, he's French like the team.

Sauber

- Kamui Kobayashi: Stays.
- Sergio Pérez: Will go wherever Slim's money goes. If Santander is in trouble, Slim might be able to take him to Ferrari. But I think they are waiting a bit more to see how he does until FA's contract expires. Would be a pitty to see him go to Ferrari if the championship conditions remain for 2013.

Force India

- Paul di Resta, Nico Hülkenberg: one will stay, the other go to Mercedes if MS retires. Seat to be filled with...really don't care.

Toro Rosso

- Daniel Ricciardo, Jean-Eric Vergne: one will stay, the other go to RBR if Webber retires. Seat to be filled with some other young guy from RB.

Williams

Pastor Maldonado: Will stay, they like him, but interesting to see what happens if Venezuelan money dries up if Chavez loses elections.
Guido (what's his name?) Senna: Gone if he continues like now, but depends on money above.

Team Caterham, HRT F1, Marussia F1: don't care.

#227 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,541 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:32

The most interesting question is who will drive for McLaren if Hamilton really will leave the team (what I'n not believing of)

#228 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:51

Sutil interview this week stated he has an option to return to F1. Could not say which team.

#229 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,045 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 13:18

The most interesting question is who will drive for McLaren if Hamilton really will leave the team (what I'n not believing of)

That'd be a rather easy pick depending on how McLaren went about it. Do they look for have two "number 1" drivers like now, or do they look for a guy to provide support for Button? They have some good choices either way.

#230 wacktifosi

wacktifosi

• 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 14:17

Sutil interview this week stated he has an option to return to F1. Could not say which team.

Isn't this the same thing we hear from everyone that talks with HRT?

#231 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,684 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 14:23

Sauber

- Kamui Kobayashi: Stays.
- Sergio Pérez: Will go wherever Slim's money goes. If Santander is in trouble, Slim might be able to take him to Ferrari. But I think they are waiting a bit more to see how he does until FA's contract expires. Would be a pitty to see him go to Ferrari if the championship conditions remain for 2013.

Yeah. What a pity it would be to drive for Ferrari when you could stay with Sauber. Sure.

Edited by Watkins74, 20 June 2012 - 14:24.

#232 grunge

grunge

• 4,266 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 14:27

Raikkonen to Mclaren?...if he manages some stellar performances.eg at Spa this year.

KR/Button would be the good .combo one feels though KR/Hamilton makes more sense Car development and set up wise

#233 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 14:39

Isn't this the same thing we hear from everyone that talks with HRT?

I would think Williams.
He brings about as much sponsor cash as Senna or Petrov and has shown better results.

#234 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 14:44

It could be very well the offseason with more moves in the last few years, i can only see Toro Rosso keeping the same drivers, perhaps Lotus too.

The rest of the teams could end up making changes.

#235 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 15:00

I'm of the opposite view; I think a lot of teams will retain the status quo - 2013-4 could be the big change.

I think if Checo goes to Ferrari, then Sauber will be given Bianchi in exchange for a reduced price on the gearbox & engine etc, depending on how Bianchi fares in FR3.5 of course.

As I already said, Bottas is likely to replace Senna; it seemed a dead cert pre season and unless Bruno dramatically improves, I see little reason to suggest that'll change.

I think Schumacher will stay, so that means the Force India line-up remains unchanged as well.

#236 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,045 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 15:58

I'm wonder what happens to the FR3.5 champ? Bianchi seems to get an F1 ride whether he wins the title or not (like Vergne last season), whereas Bird isn't even mentioned. He's 26, but whether he wins the title or not, he seems to be forgotten by at least the people here. He's done much better this year in FR3.5 with no help from his teammate (whereas Bianchi has Korjus, Bird has Jake Rosenzweig), but looks to be in the same situation as Wickens last year. Not an ideal situation with Mercedes-AMG, and looks like DTM would be where he ends up.

#237 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 16:06

I'd love to see Bird in F1; he's probably one of the best GP2 & FR3.5 guys never to have made it. His two GP2 seasons were woefully unlucky. Robert Wickens too; no sponsorship unfortunately. There's been a lot of strong fields in recent years, particularly this season, yet the last six FR3.5 champions have never started an F1 race. Peculiar.

Edited by phil1993, 20 June 2012 - 16:06.

#238 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 18:56

On the contrary. They're keeping Webber on a short leash of uncertain future, year, after year, after year. While one driver has multi-year contract as in "we're building the team around him", the second has contract negotiations in the middle of every season, or at the end of like in 2012. There's nothing random about it, it's very much intentional.

At the same time it enables them to keep the illusion of success of Marko's young driver's program. They can "think" and talk all the time about how Webber's successor will be another young superstar, like Vergne but not Buemi or Alguersuari. That way they can justify keeping Webber, because those young drivers are always either "not good enough" and need to be changed (Buemi, Alguersuari) or "not yet ready" (Vergne, Ricciardo).

#239 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,045 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 20:23

I'd love to see Bird in F1; he's probably one of the best GP2 & FR3.5 guys never to have made it. His two GP2 seasons were woefully unlucky. Robert Wickens too; no sponsorship unfortunately. There's been a lot of strong fields in recent years, particularly this season, yet the last six FR3.5 champions have never started an F1 race. Peculiar.

It just shows you, it isn't whether you win, it's the people you know.

Advertisement

#240 BackmarkerUK

BackmarkerUK

• 344 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 21:51

It just shows you, it isn't whether you win, it's the people you know.

Giedo van der Garde's got enough money to make it yet, but I don't see a seat becoming available.

#241 grandmastashi

grandmastashi

• 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:14

Well the toilets at Mercedes won't clean themselves! :p

Here's my picks

Red Bull: Vettel, Buemi (neither Vergne or Ricciardo have done enough just yet, so a 'safe pair of hands' in Webber's absence)
Mclaren: Hamilton, Button
Ferrari: Alonso, Webber
Mercedes: Rosberg, Di Resta
Lotus: Raikkonen, Grosjean
Force India: Hulkenberg, Bianchi
Toro Rosso: Vergne, Ricciardo
Sauber: Kobayashi, Gutierrez
Williams: Maldonado, Bottas
Caterham: Kovalianen, Petrov
Marussia: Glock, Pic
HRT: De la Rosa, Clos

#242 InvertedLift

InvertedLift

• 190 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:59

^^^^^^^
How is Perez out of F1 all together?

#243 grandmastashi

grandmastashi

• 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:14

^^^^^^^
How is Perez out of F1 all together?

Ah... minor oversight on my part there... lets just say he stays at Sauber...

#244 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 14:32

Seeing how long Red Bull gave Alguersauri and Buemi, they will give Vergne another 2 seasons with the STR team.

Why don t you compare Buemis results in his first season with those of Vergne? Buemi finished 7th and also 8th in his first 4 races, so better then both Ricciardo and Vergne.

#245 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:01

Webber speaking about the "silly season" in german MOTORSPORT TOTAL.com

he has some interesting points about it and thinks that there probably will be changes in the 4 TOP-TEAMS.

"Ich glaube, es wird in den vier Topteams Veränderungen geben"

Do he know yet more than we??

#246 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:30

hamilton webber shumacher kimi will rotate around 5 teams (rb,mc,merc,fer,lot)

#247 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,063 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36

Are you implying that the 09 car and 12 car are the relatively the same performance wise, there is no way of knowing because they didnt keep alguersuari as a way to determine if they are any good. You are better off comparing results on how good the car is, for example a tenth last year for Williams would have been a pretty good result but this tenth would be pretty aveage.

I reckon most of the teams at the top will not change, i even have a feeling that Massa will stay but who knows, i read that alguersuari is pretty confident of a seat but where, who knows, it will be interesting

#248 apoka

apoka

• 3,487 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:57

Webber speaking about the "silly season" in german MOTORSPORT TOTAL.com

he has some interesting points about it and thinks that there probably will be changes in the 4 TOP-TEAMS.

It sounds like he means there will be at least one change in the top 4 (not that all 4 teams change), which is quite likely given the status of Massa at Ferrari. He also mentions that MS may retire and Hamilton and himself have expiring contracts.

#249 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:44

hamilton webber shumacher kimi will rotate around 5 teams (rb,mc,merc,fer,lot)

No, I don't think Webber or Raikkonen are going anywhere. At a push maybe I could see Webber replacing Massa (although that would not be a step forward for Ferrari in my opinion) and Grosjean going to Red Bull, but it's unlikely.

#250 Zava

Zava

• 4,965 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:47

No, I don't think Webber or Raikkonen are going anywhere. At a push maybe I could see Webber replacing Massa (although that would not be a step forward for Ferrari in my opinion) and Grosjean going to Red Bull, but it's unlikely.

Grosjean to red bull with his management in charge at lotus is nonsense.