Photo

conspiracy theory

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#101 rdebourbon

rdebourbon

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 18:45

Engineers say repeatedly how the good thing about Pirelli's is they are exactly the same each race.

...Yet they can't seem to consistently extract maximum performance from them... Or is it that the maximum changes based on some other external factors yet to be showcased..

Advertisement

#102 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,882 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 18:50

I put F1 somewhere between wrestling and boxing in terms of integrity ... I hold the view that to a large extent they see themselves as "the F1 community" and they are nowhere near being at each other's throats as they like to suggest publicly.... collectively they have all got very rich off this show. Many of them started with not very much. They have more pressure to stick together than to rat each other out - despite what they suggest - IMO.

Cant tell me that they did not all figure out Singapore 08... people on forums figured it out before the end of the race... but which of them said anything?

Great post :up:

#103 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,795 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 19:33

Engineers say repeatedly how the good thing about Pirelli's is they are exactly the same each race.

That's just what the Swiss want you to believe.

#104 Pits

Pits

• 414 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 19:49

Well, I keep wondering why Schumacher is the only one to speak up about the tires and the other drivers don't or do it very carefull indirectly.
I think this has got to have a hidden agenda to it, the market flotation at Singapore comes to mind....(correct english?)
Maybe, the drivers of Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren aren't allowed to speak there true opinion because this will damage the image of current F1 wich would cost them dearly and lower the stock value. Behind the scene there could be a lot off strategie going on in how to manipulate the public opinion to get a good stock rating this year. It wouldn't even surprise me if certain journalist have been payed to wright certain articels in a certain way at a certain moment...

I am watching the current F1 Show in Horror and in no way am I able to enjoy it. Total disbelieve, how could we let this happen, this is terrible... :eek:

#105 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,124 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 20:16

I suspect this will get shot down in flames fairly quickly, as conspiracy theories generally do. I don't personally believe for a second this is happening, but you'd have to say, it's certainly possible!

:eek:

#106 Fergo

Fergo

• 144 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 20:40

:eek:

I'm sensing a conspiracy theory within a conspiracy theory here. :lol:

#107 george1981

george1981

• 624 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:07

I had heard that the Pirelli tyres contain a lot more synthetic material than the Bridgestones, Michelins or even Goodyears of 10+ years back. If true this could explain some of the problems the teams are having.
My basic understanding of how to get tyres to work is firstly the car needs to have lot downforce to stop the tyre sliding and secondly the tyre needs to be at the correct temperature with the downforce contributing to the tyre temperature.
This year lots of teams have commented that the tyre temperature window is a lot smaller than before. It could be a combination of the small temperature window and the different characteristics of the tyres that is making it harder for the teams to cope with the tyres.

#108 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,533 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:31

Well, I keep wondering why Schumacher is the only one to speak up about the tires and the other drivers don't or do it very carefull indirectly.
I think this has got to have a hidden agenda to it, the market flotation at Singapore comes to mind....(correct english?)
Maybe, the drivers of Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren aren't allowed to speak there true opinion because this will damage the image of current F1 wich would cost them dearly and lower the stock value. Behind the scene there could be a lot off strategie going on in how to manipulate the public opinion to get a good stock rating this year. It wouldn't even surprise me if certain journalist have been payed to wright certain articels in a certain way at a certain moment...

I am watching the current F1 Show in Horror and in no way am I able to enjoy it. Total disbelieve, how could we let this happen, this is terrible... :eek:

Schumacher has nothing to lose vs the rest of the drivers. If you remember, NR initially also criticized the tyres, even before MS. Then he moderated his opinion. But most of the top drivers, including the ones that were supposed to be easy on tyres like Button, have hinted that there's something very special, to say the least, about these tyres. If their public declarations are in these terms, privately they must all be of a similar opinion as MS...

#109 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,145 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:50

Webber was vocal about the tyres after todays race. I doubt however it will make the headlines cause it wasent Schumacher complaining this time.

#110 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,155 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:56

Selective reporting by British side of it. In reality we know very little what the other drivers really think, but it is more than probable that not everyone is crazy about the situation. Based on consistency, Eric B. seems to be the only one who has some degree of control over tires, which allows Kimi and his teammate to actually race. Rest of them are struggling.

#111 Imperial

Imperial

• 2,706 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:18

I don't for a minute believe Pirelli are supplying a mix of quality at the same race, but I do know that if this different winners each race thing continues, the season is at great risk of being farcical.

#112 PorcupineTroy

PorcupineTroy

• 273 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:43

I really doubt that Pirelli is supplying different teams / drivers with different quality tyres.

However, there is one thing I find a little interesting. After pre-season testing, the general thought seemed to be that McLaren, RBR, Merc and Lotus all looked like the four fastest, with Macca perhaps having an edge. Ferrari were supposed to be fighting with the likes of Sauber and FI, and so on. Come the first race in Melbourne, most of these predictions looked accurate: McLaren and Red Bull packed the top four, Mercedes looked very fast (in qualy), Kimi carved through the field after falling out of Q1, and Ferrari were fighting in the midfield on Saturday but looked decent in the race.

After that, the status quo seems to change unpredictably almost every race. Now we have seen Williams- who have had maybe the 5th or 6th best car to this point- win from pole at a track where the results can often be guessed before the weekend begins. Favourtism is very unlikely, but this year's Pirelli tyres are certainly a tough egg (raw eggs according to Michael) to crack.

#113 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 10,819 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:52

Now we have seen Williams- who have had maybe the 5th or 6th best car to this point- win from pole at a track where the results can often be guessed before the weekend begins.

The teams are simply incredibly close this year - I think the change in diffuser regulations play quite a part in this, like the Red Bull guys told us from the beginning.
Teams like Williams and Sauber were already very close in race pace in Australia, and that simply continues until now. Maldonado said before this weekend that they just had to lift their Q performance - and he was right.

It's also interesting to see that both Williams and Sauber were pretty fast at Mugello early this month and still the big teams just shrugged their shoulders.....

#114 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 23:01

I don't think there is any reason to look further than the operating window of the tires for optimal performance being extremely small.. throw in random weather conditions, a new track surface every racing weekend, relatively equal car performance, different driving styles throughout the field.. and you've got the recipe for what we are witnessing, which is that statistically there is a fair chance for only one garage side of a team in the whole field managing to be bang on with the setup and all these other factors.

#115 ashley313

ashley313

• 224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:15

I don't think there is any reason to look further than the operating window of the tires for optimal performance being extremely small.. throw in random weather conditions, a new track surface every racing weekend, relatively equal car performance, different driving styles throughout the field.. and you've got the recipe for what we are witnessing, which is that statistically there is a fair chance for only one garage side of a team in the whole field managing to be bang on with the setup and all these other factors.

Agree completely.

Too many folks here are only considering what is said in popular media and forums about the relative pace of various cars. The ferrari has NOT been the pig it was billed as. Just because Alonso and Domenicali are smart enough to come out and downplay expectations every week so that when they deliver a decent result its a big surprise and a huge feat, doesn't mean that car is complete garbage. Just because Jenson won handily in AUS doesn't mean the McLaren is leagues ahead of the field. It was very well sorted for the first race. Every team has done a TON of upgrading throughout the season since then to help deal with new regulations and the narrow happy place for the tires. That means that sometimes they will get it right and sometimes they won't. Even the midfield cars might get it more right than the big ones. That's what we're seeing. Its also not like the Williams has come from HRT territory to win. Maldonado has had some good drives and a lot of bad luck (and some poor decisions).

These tires highlight the differences in driving styles - and a lot of the teams have mismatched driver pairings in that regard, so its not unusual to see one driver really hooking it up and one struggling over a weekend as they pursue a setup path that keeps the tires working and lasting.

With the actual lap time performance of so many cars being so close, any and all mistakes in strategy, execution, or driving maneuvers will put you out of the game. When there are bigger gaps between sections of the pack, there is more wiggle room for error and experimentation.

I honestly think if McLaren weren't inventing new and different ways to screw Lewis every weekend, he'd be leading the championship by a margin like Vettel was last year, and I'm not even a Lewis fan. But all those errors are absolutely killer this year.

Lastly, as everyone makes a big deal about how "bad" the tires are between races and on fri/sat, they have outperformed their expectations every single race. Today most of the top 10 was able to stay very consistent through their early and middle stints, and we didn't see the big drop off until the final handful of laps in just a few cars. SV was doing PB sectors on his last lap. So don't just listen to the hype, read and understand the data too.

#116 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:29

Here's another bit of conspiracy to add ;-)

Bernie got tired of everyone laughing at his sprinkler idea so instead he's gotten Pirelli to make the show more unpredictable by having a couple of *special* sets of tyres that are allocated randomly each event..

1. A super duper set for the lucky winner
2. A super set for a lucky podium
3. A couple of duff sets for a random dismal weekend

Anyone else finding it a little hard to reconcile some of the team mate performance differences so far this year?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:up: :up: :up:

#117 Jazza

Jazza

• 992 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:37

While this is logical and I would agree with it, there is something that is still confusing.

In NASCAR we see these variations all the time. A driver dominates one race, but struggles to break the top 10 the next weekend. Therefore having 5 winners from 5 races is rather normal in NASCAR. Now while this is down to the same reasons you have mentioned above, there is however a big difference to this than what we are seeing in F1 this year.

In NASCAR it is common to see a driver grab pole, but slide back during the race. Likewise a driver can lead the first 200 laps, only to fade later on and complain about a lack of grip. This fits with the issues of a close field with a narrow performance window. However this year in F1, if you are fast during one part of the weekend, no matter how many variables change you will still be fast.

Drivers are getting pole on Saturday, and leading every lap on Sunday. In this time track conditions have changed dramatically; fuel loads are different; they have even gone from the options to the prime tyres; yet still they are fast. Likewise drivers who are slow don't seem to find any speed, again no matter how many variables change over the weekend.

I find it hard to believe these tyres can have such a narrow operating window, yet certain teams and drivers have no problem staying in this window for the whole weekend. Surely a change of compound, fuel loads, track conditions should affect your speed at some point. :confused:

#118 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,422 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:03

I think the Williams win yesterday is a much more likely conspiracy than the tires. Bernie says it is time and gave them some rocketfuel. But I don't think so...

#119 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 10,819 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:18

I find it hard to believe these tyres can have such a narrow operating window, yet certain teams and drivers have no problem staying in this window for the whole weekend. Surely a change of compound, fuel loads, track conditions should affect your speed at some point. :confused:

Guess what: maybe the tyres didn't have such a narrow operating window this weekend - by the looks of it. Track temperatures were 10 degrees C lower yesterday than in qualifying but the order was more or less the same.

Advertisement

#120 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,098 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:21

I'd compare this weekend to Belgium 2009. Except then Fisichella could not get past Raikkonen in the Ferrari whereas Maldonaldo managed to get past Alonso through the stops.

#121 Niceone

Niceone

• 558 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:44

I don't for a minute believe Pirelli are supplying a mix of quality at the same race, but I do know that if this different winners each race thing continues, the season is at great risk of being farcical.

Well there's still long way to 1982 (16 races) farce:
-11 different winners
-17 different drivers on podium
-26 drivers got points
-With 2012 point system there would have been 32 drivers getting points

#122 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,051 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:57

I think that the tyres are so degradable it might not be possible to ensure all the tyres are equal.Look at the chunks of rubber flying of the cars,how can they say tyre A will shed rubber at the same rate as tyre B?They have gone to far,i was a supporter but today was a farce.

Time to reflect on some of your posts...

You are distorting the facts and then complaining about something that isnt as bad as your distorted view would suggest.

Some people always find something to whine about no matter how good things are.

we need to see more of and its what Pirelli is bringing to the table,if u are good enough to take advantage of it.

Schumacher is a Bridgestone man through and through.He should retire if he cant handle the tyres.

If you cant manage the tyres and get the speed out of them then u dont deserve to win.

Ive been watching F1 for nearly 30 years and the racing has never been better.

F1 is moving in the right direction.

No matter what tyres or what rules,the teams with the best cars and best drivers always rise to the top.

:rotfl:

#123 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:59

So was thinking about this for a while.

There is an argument that the results are somewhat being doctored, Pirelli may be sending over special tyres to teams in a bit to ensure there is a level of unpredictability. The teams don't know they have them because they are randomly allocated, although Pirelli know exactly who are getting them.

It may explain why one weekend one team looks great and the next weekend they're all at sea. The Top teams are always there or there about because of superior downforce, but you can tell with smaller teams. Sauber hasn't been able to replicate their performance from Malaysia, we'll see if Williams can replicate this in Monaco.

This adds some weight as F1 is about to go public, and markets look towards a popular brand liked by everyone rather then enthusiast.

Utter Tripe. FRO

:down: :down: :down:

#124 HP

HP

• 14,112 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:59

Everyone knew that when there was a tyre war, the teams that had special agreements got the best tyres. Mclaren even stated it as a reason for going over to Michelin in 2002.

What's your problem with special agreements?

There were unofficial comments that McLaren switched because they didn't want to share information with Ferrari at that time.

Bridgestone had to change things at that time to be able to keep up with Michelin. Either they went completely behind a team, which happened with the departure of McLaren, or the leading teams would share data together. And if you read an excellent interview with Michelin, they were on the record that they knew their tires were better than the ones provided by Bridgestone. But they claimed the teams were not up to the task of taking on Ferrari. Obviously that was Michelins view.

The bigger issue and shortsightedness of teams ganging up against Ferrari was that it ultimately was leading to where we are today. First there was enough pressure on Ferrari to give in for a single control tire supplier. Behind that move was the FIA's hunger for control under Max Mosley. Before tires were considered to be a supplier to the teams. So that is why different teams wound up with different agreements and were perfectly OK. After the Indy 2005 GP there was enough pressure on the teams to give up their control over the tire situation and the happenings around Indy 2005 were good enough to have Michelin withdrawing, making way for the FIA to manage the tire supplier for the teams. It was part of Max Mosley's plan to slowly make F1 into a spec series. He himself hinted very clearly to that goal.

Now instead of conspiracies, to me it has become very obvious for F1 that giving up your freedom to choose your tire supplier, in order to not look like idiots against the dream team of 200-2004, came with a heavy price tag. It happens always whenever freedom is given up for a short term gain. The results are never satisfying in the long term.

But in any case, it's always good to have someone to blame and in the racing community and even more so for the "fans" it's very quickly about the tires. When teams can make their own deals, as it should be, then it's not good to some. If the FIA is in control it's also not good for even more people (and from the point of freedom to go down certain development paths even worse for the teams). But in the end it seems it's always cool to blame the tires. Michelin, then Bridgestone pulled out for this very reason. When will Pirelli pull the plug? Oh well, there was that Korean tire company interested, no? Nothing against that company and Korea, but I do hope people see where it's leading if a company with very limited racing tire experience enters F1. Some think Pirelli is bad, well if they pull out and some company with no F1 experience enters then some of you can start write 50 pages of conspiracies...

I think stopping to conspire or/and to blame would do better for F1 and prevent the F1 fraternity of making knee-jerk decisions as they usually do, when the pressure gets too big. The proper way IMO is that teams are again in control of tires, not the FIA. The FIA is by default reactionary. They do not have the ability to drive the development of tires into a better direction. They can only stifle it.
Under the current model there is also no interest to improve tires. Conspiracy here, there or everywhere, doesn't really matter. The current model is not working for the sport itself. And it doesn't need a conspiracy. Just look at recent F1 history.

Edited by HP, 14 May 2012 - 10:05.

#125 sock22

sock22

• 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:03

Conspiracy theorists often overlook rational counter-arguments and there are many in this case.

- Given the amount of money at stake in F1, there are just too many people who would not accept any kind of result fixing. If the likes of Red Bull and McLaren caught whiff of anything of this sort we would know all about it. Why would they ever accept losing races intentionally when they spend millions of pounds and put in massive efforts to bring performance upgrades to their cars?
- Why only spice it up this year when we already have the cars close in performance? We had the same five cars on the podium at every race last year except Lotus' two third places at the beginning, yet Pirelli only feel the need to interfere this year? EDIT - you mention the flotation, but see the next point, risking any political scandal at such an important time is ludicrous
- Even if the teams were all in on it, if the media found out about it, the sport would be destroyed. It seems like a massive risk to take just to spice up the show.
- Sauber hasn't been able to replicate their performance since Malaysia because they performed well on a drying track and such conditions haven't been seen since.

While the tyres are playing a central role in mixing up the order from race to race, the differences in performance are not intentional. The performance differences between the cars are very small this year (probably only around 1s separating the top 6-7 teams now) and we have seen tyres become a limiting factor in qualifying; Q2 often sees 10 or more cars lapping within 2 to 3 tenths of each other, which has caught out front running teams in the last three races. Getting the tyres into the operating window seems to be difficult as they are sensitive to a number of factors, so if one team gets it right they can punch well above their weight. Add to that the advantage of qualifying near the front and staying in clean air, which seems to be massive this year, and you get results like those in China and Barcelona.

Edited by sock22, 14 May 2012 - 10:07.

#126 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,499 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:06

I don't buy that, Piralli are a world class manufacturer, to say they cannot manufacturer to 0.01% tolerance is an insult to twenty first century technology.

No it's not, it's an insult to Pirelli, who aren't as good at making competition tires as other manufacturers.

Pirelli may be International but their road tires at least are certainly not "World Class."

Edited by Bunchies, 14 May 2012 - 15:07.

#127 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,411 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:21

Pirelli may be International but their road tires at least are certainly not "World Class."

Completely disagree with this. I switched from Bridgestone Potenzas to Pirelli P-Zeroes on my Infiniti G-35 Sport Coupe, and I can say that the Pirellis are MUCH better! They increased my exit speed from a tricky decreasing radius turn by 7.5%.

#128 BellisEndis

BellisEndis

• 123 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:21

No it's not, it's an insult to Pirelli, who aren't as good at making competition tires as other manufacturers.

WTF, if the FIA and the teams asked for a tyre that lasts longer with less deg, they would of but they asked for what we have now..

#129 Risil

Risil

• 12,228 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:53

Nice post HP. The bills for the endless tyre testing that Bridgestone and Michelin got through were astronomical, though. If there had still been tyre competition in 2009, all the rounds of cost-cutting they built into the regulations might've got pretty ugly.

#130 ashley313

ashley313

• 224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 18:59

Completely disagree with this. I switched from Bridgestone Potenzas to Pirelli P-Zeroes on my Infiniti G-35 Sport Coupe, and I can say that the Pirellis are MUCH better! They increased my exit speed from a tricky decreasing radius turn by 7.5%.

How a road tire behaves depends on the weight and handling characteristics of the vehicle its mounted on, the driver(s) tendencies and style, and the types of road surfaces it sees. Certain brands and models of tires are better for some cars and worse for others. And what one person values in a tire, another might not. I always laugh when I hear someone say "My bridgestone whatevers are great". Ok, but great at what? Are they quiet, last a long time, good in the rain?

As for Pirelli and motorsport...depends what brand of motorsport you're looking at. I think its pretty obvious Michelin makes the best tires for sportscar racing.

#131 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,754 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 19:16

Well there's still long way to 1982 (16 races) farce:
-11 different winners
-17 different drivers on podium
-26 drivers got points
-With 2012 point system there would have been 32 drivers getting points

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the 1982 season was a farce?

#132 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 710 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 20:17

It is an interesting argument, but the simple fact is that I'm sure someone would have spoken out - Michael Schumacher for example would certainly have nothing to lose from speaking out (I'm pretty sure that he has more than enough money to keep him comfortable for many years to come) and everything to gain (it would not do his image any favours to be losing races because of tyre fixing).

#133 AlexS

AlexS

• 2,178 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 00:53

http://en.wikipedia....irelli_Calendar Not "World Class"? ...

Also besides the Pirelli Calendar :p you should check the tires reviews and critics. Pirelli is always up there in top positions.

It is also a firm founded before 1900 and always in rubber business in its many applications.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirelli

...present in over 160 countries, has 20 manufacturing sites around the world and a network of around 10,000 distributors and retailers.

Edited by AlexS, 15 May 2012 - 00:54.

#134 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:50

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the 1982 season was a farce?

R.I.P Sarcasm, murdered by the internet.

This thread is beyond pathetic, because your team isn't driving off into the distance and leaving a procession behind, it must be a conspirisssy! Really to say this after 2011, about the dullest season ever bar a few wet races. Boggles the mind.

#135 bub

bub

• 1,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:54

LOL. I hope this is happening.

#136 WTGL

WTGL

• 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 15:53

Sounds totally plausible.

#137 DRAGONZO

DRAGONZO

• 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 16:59

It just Bernie. Old bad fart still owns everyone.

I call him Mr Esprinkler and F1 means pretty much "Farse 1" instead,,, still I enjoy the guys driving and racing each other in this Charade Parede :drunk:

#138 Zava

Zava

• 4,740 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:32

monaco is Lotus' (-renault-benetton-toleman) 500th race. if lotus wins it despite slow stuff not being their strength, that would fuel up this conspiracy theory.
or coming from the other side, if this theory is anything to go by, Lotus is winning. :rolleyes:

#139 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 13:26

Plausible. The strange way F1 has been lately, as I have never seen it before, I wouldn't be surprised. It may explain why teams seem to be so afraid of speaking out against Pirelli.

Must be some pressure coming from the inside somewhere.

Advertisement

#140 Fergo

Fergo

• 144 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 14:34

The FIA then allocates bar codes - and therefore tyres - to each individual teams at random. Pirelli itself is not involved in this process at all, meaning that the Italian firm cannot influence which tyres are allocated to which teams, although a rigorous quality control process in Izmit ensures that all the tyres leaving the factory are identical.

http://www.formula1....12/5/13368.html

Edited by Fergo, 22 May 2012 - 14:35.

#141 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 2,886 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:14

So a French winner (Grosjean) driving a French engine (Renault) in a team having French roots (Lotus/Renault) in Monaco?

#142 bub

bub

• 1,609 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:16

http://www.formula1....12/5/13368.html

They know they've been busted :lol:

#143 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,374 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:29

It seems it´s Lotus turn to win. Grosjean´s got the lucky tyres today.

#144 g1n

g1n

• 867 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:11

They know they've been busted :lol:

busted for what?

#145 CroatiaALONSOfanclub

CroatiaALONSOfanclub

• 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:17

Pirelli decides this time Schu gets better tires!!!! :p

#146 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,756 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:46

If you assume that there are performance differentials between the same tyre types a non-conspiracy theory could be that Pirelli just aren't very good at producing consistant tyres between batches.

#147 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 684 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:50

Pirelli decides this time Schu gets better tires!!!! :p

Yeah they're trying to shut him up. :rotfl:

#148 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 314 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:53

Hmmm... I think Schumi's pole today has shut down this theory. I'm sure after his comments that he would be the last person to get given the 'better' tyres.

Unless....Pirelli are scared that his comments will gather momentum and they'll get kicked out of f1 :drunk:

Edited by schumimercamg, 26 May 2012 - 19:54.

#149 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,205 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:55

Yeah they're trying to shut him up. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#150 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,205 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 19:56

Hmmm... I think Schumi's pole today has shut down this theory. I'm sure after his comments that he would be the last person to get given the 'better' tyres.

Unless....Pirelli are scared that his comments will gather momentum and they'll get kicked out of f1 :drunk:

It can't be good if the world's most succesfull competitive driver ever says you tyres suck.

Edited by Dolph, 26 May 2012 - 19:56.