Photo

Issue with G27

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oho

Oho

• 11,808 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:45

I recently bought a second hand G27 (about six months old) bundled with F1 2011. I have a very particular problem with the wheel, namely the game more often than not looses or fails to create proper steering axis assignment at game start up.

In the driver properties page everything looks honky dory; turning wheel from full lock to opposite full lock is faithfully replicated by the wheel image on the test page. Most of the time in the game the steering works but the transformation from wheel input to game input is almost random, that is, when looking at the in car camera the animated steering wheel only turns some almost random factor, typically about 50%, of its full travel. When this happens the game does not properly recognize the wheel as I am unable to reassign the steering axis to the wheel through controller options. I have a work around by adjusting steering saturation to get full steering range in the game but it is pretty annoying. The axis assignment works if I dis- and reconnect the wheel in game but then the wheel defaults to approximately 200 degree turning radius and force feedback does not work.

I doubt it is a hardware issue, certainly hope not.

Wonder if anyone else had battled issues like this?

Advertisement

#2 SamyPho

SamyPho

• 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:25

Hi,not sure if your problem is the same one..but perhaps it can help..
#10 Wheel Configuration Reverts Back Every time i Start F1 2011
There is a simple trick. When the screen says press any button to continue, don’t press any button from keyboard rather press it from your wheel pad. Your settings will be saved.

You have more common problems with f12011 here..
http://segmentnext.c...ance-and-fixes/

Hope it helps

#3 Oho

Oho

• 11,808 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:31

Hi,not sure if your problem is the same one..but perhaps it can help..
#10 Wheel Configuration Reverts Back Every time i Start F1 2011
There is a simple trick. When the screen says press any button to continue, don’t press any button from keyboard rather press it from your wheel pad. Your settings will be saved.

You have more common problems with f12011 here..
http://segmentnext.c...ance-and-fixes/

Hope it helps

Well thanks for your advice though my problem was, solved it since, much more profound. Namely the game lost the steering axis entirely. Don't really know what I did to solve it but after some standard uninstall, reinstall exorcises the problem was sort of solved though now I have an side-by-side assembly issue with the Wingman Profiler, probably linked to some Visual studio run time components.

#4 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 18:21

Hi,
Assuming you're using this on a PC, you're right in what you say that if the wheel is plugged in once the game is running it doesn't pick up full settings (and does the 200 degrees thing).....what OS is your PC? The wheel usually performs best with the profiler software (unless this has been obseleted) but if you have UAC (User Access Controls) enabled on the PC then it will stop the wheel and/or game software from re-writing the config files to save your settings, so it might be worth either disabling UAC or checking through the wheel and game info so you can set them as 'administrator-run' items, which would override the file modification protection.
It is, of course, worth ensuring that you don't have double-installations of the software too....that never helps :)