European Hillclimb Championship 1967

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pierrefrogeye

pierrefrogeye

• 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 23:05

Hi,

I have bought a car which I am restoring. Whilst doing this I have found that the car got involved in a few hillclimbs , sprints and autotest in the sixties. I have compiled the information into a website : 2080 PO History Website . Anyway, I have been kindly informed that the car got involved in the European hillclimb championship in 1967. I have been sent pictures of the car competing at Gaisberg in 1967 and also in Mont-Ventoux of the same year where the car ran in the GROUP IV & VI (sport car and prototype) in the 0 to 1150 CC class. It also shows in the Ollon-Villars results as there is an Austin Healey sprite in the same group and class , but the name is "John" my chap was Called Colin, John Starley so this may explain the "John" entry in the name column. I wonder if someone had a copy of the various programmme and could send me a scan of the cover and entry list for the above mentioned group and class. i list the events I am after:

21/05 Montseny (E): 04/06 Rossfeld (A): 18/06 Mont Ventoux (F): 09/07 Trento-Bondone (I): 16/07: Cesana-Sestriere (I): 30/07 Freiburg-Schauinsland (D): 27/08 Ollon-Villars (CH): 03/09: Gaisberg (A):

also if any of you know of picture database i could query this would be usefull (I try the LAT but they were not really forthcoming)

Thank you for looking into this,

Advertisement

#2 alfaronny

alfaronny

• 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:28

Entry list Gaisberg:
http://issuu.com/tec.....Color=#222222
your car is on page 28
Ronny

#3 pierrefrogeye

pierrefrogeye

• 44 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 19:45

Entry list Gaisberg:
http://issuu.com/tec.....Color=#222222
your car is on page 28
Ronny

Hi Ronny

you are great , you just made my day :) thank you ever so much for looking into that

kind regards

Pierre

#4 Henk A. Hazelaar

Henk A. Hazelaar

• 189 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 17:16

Hi pierrefrogeye,

Here pictures of your car !
Gaisberg bergrennen 1967.
(copyright: Technisches Museum Wien)

Regards,

Henk A. Hazelaar

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 pierrefrogeye

pierrefrogeye

• 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 18:11

Thank you Henk but I already had the pictures for that one as well as for the Mont Ventoux, I am now interested in knowing more about the following hillclimbs and I am on the lookout for scan of the programmes:

European Hillclimb Championship 1967
21/05 Montseny (Spain)
04/06 Rossfeld (Austria)
18/06 Mont Ventoux (France) (I have 2 pictures of the car for that event and the resulst)
09/07 Trento-Bondone (Italy)
16/07: Cesana-Sestriere (Italy)
30/07 Freiburg-Schauinsland (Germany)
27/08 Ollon-Villars (Switzerland) ( I have the results for this one)
03/09: Gaisberg (Austria) (I have the four pictures of the car for that event as well as a scan ofd the programme)

Thank you again for pointing the photos to me...

Pierre

Edited by pierrefrogeye, 02 June 2012 - 18:11.

#6 wolf sun

wolf sun

• 842 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 00:13

It slightly puzzles me that Rossfeld is being credited as being the Austrian round of the EHC - if this is indeed correct, is this due to Austrian motorsport authorities having actually organized the event (along the lines of the San Marino GP, for example)? Or is this simply a misquotation?