Photo

TT live-timing

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 19:16

Here is the link for the live timing page, also on here is the twitter & facebook feeds and a radio commentary link http://ttlive.iomtt.com

You need to register this year but its still free, it only takes a few seconds to register, just a name and an email address then go into your emails and click the activation link they send to you.

Fantastic weather up to now and already some very quick laps.

Advertisement

#2 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 19:45

Thanks Paul,

Do you know if they have any webcams set up around the course this year ?

#3 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 17:46

Not sure Chris, they had one at Ballagarey last year, the ones at the Bungalow should be working as they are always in place but they used to only refresh every 10 seconds or so which isnt much use.

#4 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 20:05

I watched via the one at Ballagarey last year but of course everyone is so quick through there that all you see is the occasional flash of colour !!

#5 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 23:22

Thats right I had it on too and all I could see was a flash of colour but I knew roughly when each of the two riders I was signalling for were due through and was able to distinguish them from the flash of colours which gave me an additional check between transponder points.

I'll see what I can find out about ather webcams and let you know, if you are in the UK there will be a nightly highlights programme on one of the ITV channels each evening next week, and I think they are probably covering practice too as i've seen the camera crews running about in the paddock this week.

The mist came down tonight and stopped the session just as the solo's had finished so the chairs never got out.

#6 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:19

Thats right I had it on too and all I could see was a flash of colour but I knew roughly when each of the two riders I was signalling for were due through and was able to distinguish them from the flash of colours which gave me an additional check between transponder points.

I'll see what I can find out about ather webcams and let you know, if you are in the UK there will be a nightly highlights programme on one of the ITV channels each evening next week, and I think they are probably covering practice too as i've seen the camera crews running about in the paddock this week.

The mist came down tonight and stopped the session just as the solo's had finished so the chairs never got out.

ITV4.

#7 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:21

Thanks Paul,

I've been tuning into the ITV4 pre-event programmes this week and looking forward to the actual coverage next week. Have also been tuning into the Manx Radio coverage and I finally bought TT - Close to the Edge and watched that too !!

Details of ITV4's coverage below for anyone interested

The Isle of Man TT is back on ITV4 and ITV.com in 2012!

We'll bring you highlights from every day of the historic races this year: watch coverage on ITV4 and catch up with ITV Player.

Craig Doyle will again front ITV4's coverage alongside Steve Parrish and James Whitham. The 2009 TT champion and two-time race winner Steve Plater is also part of the team.

ITV4 television schedule in full:

Monday 28th May
9pm: John McGuinness TT Legend

Tuesday 29th May
9pm: TT Record Breakers

Thursday 31st May
8pm: The Final Countdown
9pm: Preview Show

Friday 1st June
9pm: Qualifying Highlights

Saturday 2nd June
7.30am: Qualifying Highlights ®
9pm: Superbike TT Race

Sunday 3rd June
8.30am: Superbike TT Race ®
8pm: The Final Countdown ®
9pm: Sidecar TT Race 1

Monday 4th June
8.30am: Sidecar TT Race 1 ®
9pm: Supersport TT Race 1

Tuesday 5th June
9.30am The Final Countdown ®
10.30am John McGuinness TT Legend ®
11.30am: Supersport TT Race 1 ®
9pm: Superstock TT Race

Wednesday 6th June
11.30am: Supersport TT Race 1 ®
9pm: Supersport TT Race 2

Thursday 7th June
11.30am: Supersport TT Race 2 ®
8pm: TT Record Breakers
9pm: Sidecar TT Race 2

Friday 8th June
10.30am: Sidecar TT Race 2 ®
9pm: John McGuinness TT Legend
10pm: Senior TT Race

Saturday 9th June

7pm: Senior TT Race ®

Monday 11th June
8pm: Event Review 1
9pm: Event Review 2

Tuesday 12th June
7pm: John McGuinness TT Legend ®
8pm: Review Show 2

#8 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:35

It's not available here :mad:

Any idea how to fool them via proxy server?

Edit:

a small consolation for me

has anyone read Ken's book yet?

Edited by Rennmax, 31 May 2012 - 08:43.

#9 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:42

It's not available here :mad:

Any idea how to fool them via proxy server?

Edit:

a small consolation for me

has anyone read Ken's book yet?

You should be able to watch it on the pc via this i player Rupert?
http://www.itv.com/i...el/?Filter=ITV4

#10 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 13:53

You should be able to watch it on the pc via this i player Rupert?
http://www.itv.com/i...el/?Filter=ITV4

I'll give it a try tonight Graham, wonder whether I'll receive ' service is only available within the UK' message again
Thanks for your help :up:

#11 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 16:28

Rupert try this link, there are all kinds of sport channels on here available through the computer, use this link and then look at the index page and see what is available

vipbox

Edited by Paul Collins, 31 May 2012 - 16:28.

#12 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 17:42

Listening on 365 TT radio as I type. Can almost taste the Okells.

How old is Eddie Kiff, just heard him and his driver through Glen H.

Down at the Groudle Glen Hotel one evening after Manx practice eons ago. Some poor bastard riding a Norton twin had broken down again. 'Where did it stop' came the question from a bar side hanger. 'Don't know, think it might have been Glen something, Oh yeh Glen Miller, that was it' :drunk:

Edited by tonyed, 31 May 2012 - 17:43.

#13 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 18:00

Listening on 365 TT radio as I type. Can almost taste the Okells.

How old is Eddie Kiff, just heard him and his driver through Glen H.

Down at the Groudle Glen Hotel one evening after Manx practice eons ago. Some poor bastard riding a Norton twin had broken down again. 'Where did it stop' came the question from a bar side hanger. 'Don't know, think it might have been Glen something, Oh yeh Glen Miller, that was it' :drunk:

I'm afraid the Groudle Glen is no more, it closed down a few years ago now, it was a great place when it was on the go.

I wasnt optimistic of the session going tonight as it was raining and pretty murky here all morning, but its burnt off to a fine evening :)

Edited to say, are you logged into ttlive Tony? all the times are there from the transponder points.

Edited by Paul Collins, 31 May 2012 - 18:03.

#14 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:31

webcam

http://www.ustream.t...l/iom-tt-webcam

Between Agos and Quarterbridge

Edited by LittleChris, 31 May 2012 - 19:40.

#15 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 20:51

Nice one, well spotted Chris

#16 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:37

I'm afraid the Groudle Glen is no more, it closed down a few years ago now, it was a great place when it was on the go.

I wasnt optimistic of the session going tonight as it was raining and pretty murky here all morning, but its burnt off to a fine evening :)

Edited to say, are you logged into ttlive Tony? all the times are there from the transponder points.

The Groudle - Gone :(

Perhaps a thread on Watering Holes that have gone to the Great Temperance Yard in the Sky. :blush: :stoned: :smoking: :wave:

#17 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:09

Rupert try this link, there are all kinds of sport channels on here available through the computer, use this link and then look at the index page and see what is available

vipbox

Thanks Paul :up:

#18 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:38

The Groudle - Gone :(

Perhaps a thread on Watering Holes that have gone to the Great Temperance Yard in the Sky. :blush: :stoned: :smoking: :wave:

The pub at Ballacraine is (or was last time I looked) an antique shop, it stopped being a hostelry around the early 1980's, the Wagon & Horses at the top of the hill on the left coming out of Crosby is now a private house, and the Highlander became a restaurant, so thats 3 that have gone from the actual circuit roads over the years.

#19 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 17:27

The pub at Ballacraine is (or was last time I looked) an antique shop, it stopped being a hostelry around the early 1980's, the Wagon & Horses at the top of the hill on the left coming out of Crosby is now a private house, and the Highlander became a restaurant, so thats 3 that have gone from the actual circuit roads over the years.

God almighty – sacrelidge – these places should be protected :confused:

Advertisement

#20 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 18:14

More webcams including exit of Ballagarey

http://www.eyespywebcams.com/

#21 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 14:28

More webcams including exit of Ballagarey

http://www.eyespywebcams.com/

I had written quite a long response about the TT and what it has become today, then I re-read it and realised I just don't care anymore.

It's all become a corporate junket. :down:

#22 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 16:32

Senior TT race has been cancelled: http://www.iomtt.com...he-2012-TT.aspx

#23 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 20:29

It's all become a corporate junket. :down:

What sport isn't these days ? :well:

#24 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 23:32

Senior TT race has been cancelled: http://www.iomtt.com...he-2012-TT.aspx

Now we know why there's never live tv broadcasts from The Island, the weather screws up the race schedule every year.

That's racing ! :rolleyes:

#25 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:44

Since when did rain stop racing?

#26 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:14

They sent a few leaders out on a recce last year and they came back worried about several corners on the way out Russell, very greasy under overhanging trees and of course no good with slicks. But I think the mist is the biggest worry.

#27 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:01

Since when did rain stop racing?

They did run the Formula Farquhar, oops, the Lightweight race.

#28 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:48

They did run the Formula Farquhar, oops, the Lightweight race.

Yes but unlike most other formula classes these had Kawasaki engines not Honda. :confused:

Interesting comment by the winner after the race was that he would be quite happy to run a Superbike on slicks in those conditions.

Everyone praised the C of C this TT but I feel the guy was over cautious. This is a road circuit and unless they roof over the Island being in the Irish sea it's going to rain now and again. :wave:

Edited by tonyed, 10 June 2012 - 12:48.

#29 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 13:16

Yes but unlike most other formula classes these had Kawasaki engines not Honda. :confused:

Interesting comment by the winner after the race was that he would be quite happy to run a Superbike on slicks in those conditions.

Everyone praised the C of C this TT but I feel the guy was over cautious. This is a road circuit and unless they roof over the Island being in the Irish sea it's going to rain now and again. :wave:

There's a suggestion that three of the quicker blokes made the decision after inspecting the course. Funny old carry on in my eyes. I don't pretend to understand the tyre issue (does anyone)? but surely the prospect of rain and wet leaves was not an unexpected happening. Why not bring the appropriate rubber, or failing that, ride less quickly on inappropriate rubber, just like everyone else has done for the last 106 years.

Edited by Russell Burrows, 13 June 2012 - 12:37.

#30 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 13:24

The same issue raised its head at last years TT but for some reason nothing more was heard after the event, I would have thought the organisers would have consulted riders and teams afterwards to thrash out a definitive answer to this question of racing on wet roads.

They need to make a decision about this now or there will be many more cancelled TT races in years to come.

I do wonder how much authority the C of C actually has over the influence of certain other 'stakeholders' as they like to call them nowadays, particularly a certain manufacturer?

#31 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 13:59

The same issue raised its head at last years TT but for some reason nothing more was heard after the event, I would have thought the organisers would have consulted riders and teams afterwards to thrash out a definitive answer to this question of racing on wet roads.

They need to make a decision about this now or there will be many more cancelled TT races in years to come.

I do wonder how much authority the C of C actually has over the influence of certain other 'stakeholders' as they like to call them nowadays, particularly a certain manufacturer?

As far as I understand the issue, the problem arises with mixed conditions, where neither slicks nor treaded rain tyres are suitable. Seems there are no intermediates any longer, at least none which can stand 2 laps ??

#32 graham houlihan

graham houlihan

• 356 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:56

Hi Renn,

Haven't logged in for a few days so only just seen your message, but you can do what we do in Italy and look at www.identitycloaker.com . No free, but works and doesn't download any rubbish that will damage your computer.

Bit late now I guess, but remember for next year !

#33 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23

Hi Renn,

Haven't logged in for a few days so only just seen your message, but you can do what we do in Italy and look at www.identitycloaker.com . No free, but works and doesn't download any rubbish that will damage your computer.

Bit late now I guess, but remember for next year !

Thanks a lot Graham, I'll try it. Most of the ITV4 coverage is now on youtube, so I hope I haven't missed too much.

#34 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:12

Interesting post on 'Crash.net' (copyright)

The days of racing superbike machines in conditions other than perfect at the TT are gone, with the majority of competitors no longer willing to take the risk of hurtling into a blind 140mph corner on slick tyres unaware of whether or not the road surface is dry or wet on the exit.

The following is attributed to McGuinness

“I think it was the right decision to cancel the race".

"I'd love to be here waiting for the sun to shine so we can race, but that's not an option and for me, the track just wasn't quite right.

“Racing my favourite bike here, starting at the front and possibly winning races is the best thing in the world, but I'm also really nervous about riding the big bikes in patchy and damp conditions.

“It's disappointing for everybody we're already looking forward to next year.”

Seems Mr McGuinness wants his cake served on a silver platter pre-masticated.

Better be dry then, not a hint of mist, not too hot (melting tar), not too overcast etc.

One wonders whether holding a road race meeting on a mountain course on an Island in the middle of the Irish Sea is a option any more.

#35 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:42

Honda for sure, and ever since Mr Tuxworth became a Company man :mad:

#36 roger9650

roger9650

• 27 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:13

My first TT was 1962 so you'll appreciate why I no longer bother to go, however I do look at the IOMTT forum which is an education in itself. What amazes is blind acceptance by many that the races are bombproof and when it rains it's OK to just shrug your shoulders and say oh well next year will be better. A 'dry only' policy will see off the TT of that I have no doubt - this has been coming for a few years yet no-one seems to have looked for a solution. Riders, sponsors, manufacturers, and spectators will not keep coming back year on year just on the off chance that there will be dry roads. Restricting the bhp will only downgrade the event and then there's the locals. The days of walking around Douglas with bikes parked side by side wherever you looked are long gone, and the stark truth is that the IOM doesn't need us anymore. There was always bad behaviour and dangerous riding but it was regarded, I suppose, as worth it for the sake of economy. That's no longer the case and now serves only to further alienate the local population, who already have the problem of roads closed for hours on end because of rain delays.
The days of the world championship, morning practice, watching from the craziest of places and Castrol R are but a distant memory, fortunately there's still the UGP which is a superb, well organised event(unlike its over hyped north coast brother) and only a few weeks to go!!

#37 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,281 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:50

Well reading these last few posts, anyone would think the world has come to an end. And how anyone could question the wisdom of multiple TT winner John McGuinness for not wanting to race 200mph bikes on public roads in the rain defeats me. I think I am right in saying it's the first time a Senior has been cancelled because of the weather and postponing it until the Saturday or Sunday didn't seem an option with ferry bookings and so on. Get over it peeps, racing on the island has always been a lottery with the weather and with scores of riders killed and maimed over the years, let's not doubt those who do race and win these events.

#38 Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff

• 198 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:54

Well I attended the TT with my brother for my first time and not entering into the cancelling of the Senior debate I can tell you that the death of the TT will be due to more than just a 'dry only' policy in my opinion.

There are no speakers to keep crowds informed of what is going on even by Manx radio, you are expected to bring your own handheld but nobody tells you this. We stayed in a decent hotel, the same one as Schwantz and Mamola and Eric Bana did, not even a notice board informing us each morning of the latest delay announcements. Programs were for sale only at the Airport and Douglas as far as I could tell.

Forget saying the riders are going to kill the TT, if it wasn't for the riders why the f#@k would we travel 12000 miles to be there in the first place?

#39 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:11

Well reading these last few posts, anyone would think the world has come to an end. And how anyone could question the wisdom of multiple TT winner John McGuinness for not wanting to race 200mph bikes on public roads in the rain defeats me. I think I am right in saying it's the first time a Senior has been cancelled because of the weather and postponing it until the Saturday or Sunday didn't seem an option with ferry bookings and so on. Get over it peeps, racing on the island has always been a lottery with the weather and with scores of riders killed and maimed over the years, let's not doubt those who do race and win these events.

i respect johns opinion i still disagree with it.

i can ride a bike on the road in the rain, why cant he? because its a competition and he might try too hard and crash, come on, if thats the case then they need to take up another sport.

as far as im aware cut slicks are banned due to health and safety reasons and they got rid of intermediates, there are such things as street tyres. if they are racing road bikes then why cant they fit street tyres.

plenty of people ride daily in the rain on road tyres so why cant these racers/organisers stop wasting peoples money and time and bloody well race and stop acting like fairies.

this modern corporate, care free attitude of "ahh we'll just give it a miss this year, mabye the fans will be lucky next year" is pathetic, surtees won a senior in hailstones in 56 i think and joey won that torrential rain hit 250 in 98.

as nick jeffries always said about the tt "the throttle goes both ways, you ride to the course and conditions" but i suppose its not a spectacle unless these "BIG BIKES" are flat out in perfect weather, top speeds havent risen dramatically they are going about 8-10 mph faster than they were about 20 years ago, they have full on rider aids now which they didnt have 20 odd years ago but in what conditions was the 1990 senior run in - mixed conditions and there wasnt bodies lined up along the prom afterwards.

throttle, bike and personal control are always what i thought it took to be a great wet/mixed condition rider and to be fair if this cant be provided by modern day racers whether its road racing or on closed circuits then their international licence should be stamped with - dry only.

i respect at times as in history there are situations where its too much but these guys just down right refuse now if it aint perfect.

there will be a few who totally disagree but thats the way i see it.

cheers

Advertisement

#40 Sakkie

Sakkie

• 42 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:57

"plenty of people ride daily in the rain on road tyres so why cant these racers/organisers stop wasting peoples money and time and bloody well race and stop acting like fairies."

:eek:
Dear me. RD500, get a hold of yourself will you. We aren´t talking about pottering about on road tyres here. I realise you are probably a hundred years old and are still living in the Stanly Woods era, but my dear fellow, things have moved on since then. A modern superbike is a lethal weapon. Think about it old chap. :kiss:

#41 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 20:33

:eek:
Dear me. RD500, get a hold of yourself will you. We aren´t talking about pottering about on road tyres here. I realise you are probably a hundred years old and are still living in the Stanly Woods era, but my dear fellow, things have moved on since then. A modern superbike is a lethal weapon. Think about it old chap. :kiss:

what :confused:

pottering about on road tyres? so what your saying is if i rolled up and fitted a set of road tyres for one of these "big bike" riders they couldn't ride on them. if that was the case then they are pretty poor riders. how do you think gixxser boy gets around in the rain at the moment?

"a modern superbike is a lethal weapon" ye, so is a bench grinder but it still works in the rain!

its called adapting to your environment whether your on a "big bike" or a c90, in the rain you still use adaption and your experience to ride accordingly, why cant they do this anymore in a racing environment?

i may be 100 years old but im thankful i didnt have to think about such major decisions as what tax disc holder will match my leathers and i never went to a meeting that had races just missed out because the heavens opened.

#42 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:12

More corporate waffle from Tuxworth (courtesy of Crash.net)

Tuxworth said: “The TT is always such a magical event for Honda. It is where Honda began racing and has been coming for over 50 years to compete, with numerous successes during this period.

“To come back with the manufacturer's title, three solo wins out of five races and with a total of 11 podiums, two of which comprised fully of Hondas, is a fantastic reward for all the hard work put in.

“The Honda TT Legends, Padgetts Racing and Wilson Craig Racing teams all performed with such professionalism and proved once again that Honda is still the most competitive machine out there, across all classes.”

Doesn't seem to mention that the 'Blade' is totally unsuitable if the roads are anything but bone dry, but is obviously ideally suited when the roads are covered in BULLSHIT :cool:

#43 Paul Rochdale

Paul Rochdale

• 1,281 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:26

So tonyed and rd500, how many TT wins have you got between you? :wave:

#44 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:09

So tonyed and rd500, how many TT wins have you got between you? :wave:

No wins but I competed in the MGP from 1973 to 1982 winning a replica in the Junior in 1980. So not a TT superstar but not just an armchair commentator.

See TT database under Anthony Edwards.

My last Manx was in 1982 when I rode in the six lap Junior race and the Senior race after sustaining a broken wrist and ankle in road bike crash on the first Monday of practice week. I also crashed three times on the mountain course, at Windy Corner (hospitalised with fractured vertibrae and collar bone), Sarahs Cottage (unhurt) and Signpost corner (unhurt). So I do have some IOM history (some of which is not, I admit, very meritorious).

I also lost several friends and racing compatriots over there including Eric Piner, Norman Tricoglus, Rob Vine and Steve Harding

I did not find a reference to Paul Rochdale :confused:

Edited by tonyed, 13 June 2012 - 11:51.

#45 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:46

No wins but I competed in the MGP from 1973 to 1982 winning a replica in the Junior in 1980. So not a TT superstar but not just an armchair commentator.

See TT database under Anthony Edwards.

My last Manx was in 1982 when I rode in the six lap Junior race and the Senior race after sustaining a broken wrist and ankle in road bike crash on the first Monday of practice week. I also crashed three times on the mountain course, at Windy Corner (hospitalised with fracured vertibrae and collar bone), Sarahs Cottage (unhurt) and Signpost corner (unhurt). So I do have some IOM history (some of which is not, I admit, very meritorious).

I also lost several friends and racing compatriots over there including Eric Piner, Norman Tricoglus, Rob Vine and Steve Harding

I did not find a reference to Paul Rochdale :confused:

Well said , Tony :up: :wave:

#46 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 13:17

no tt wins for me, i was just a short circuit racer of absolutely no great fame, went to the tt many times as a spectator. yes its a strange feeling when someone you were talking to a while before isnt packing their van up at the end of the day

my question still stands though - if road tyres were fitted to a superbike, would the rider not be of adequate enough ability to be able to lap a road circuit with them in the wet?

you can talk about 200bhp superbikes all day but its that twistgrip that lets the power go on, you just dont twist it that much when conditions arent dry.

edited to say that im wondering why i even care if the senior tt was cancelled, i wouldn't have watched it or had any result interest anyway.

Edited by rd500, 13 June 2012 - 13:22.

#47 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 13:42

Are chicanes the answer?

#48 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 14:48

If a Superstock can run on treaded tyres and not chew them up, then maybe that's the way forward....

Paul M

#49 Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff

• 198 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 15:02

I can't see a downside to the riders being more protected than they were in the dark old days. Even if they fall off in the dry they are a 90% chance of being dead anyway and they are going at 110% and lapping at 130mph, what more do we want from them?

Edited by Hasselhoff, 13 June 2012 - 15:14.

#50 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 15:19

I can't see a downside to the riders being more protected. If they fall off in the dry they are a 90% chance of being dead anyway and they are going at 110% and lapping at 130mph, what more do want from them?

The future for the races looks grim if they can't sort this. If they continue to pull races due to wet weather the numbers attending can only decrease, along with the size of IOM Government grants. The Manx is already getting this treatment.

Edited by Russell Burrows, 13 June 2012 - 15:21.