Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#1 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:56

Continuation of the discussion of Fernando Alonso. Previous thread: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=126741

Advertisement

#2 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:58

Yeah, Yeah Yeah. Alonso can win in anything, but every other driver needs better equipment.

I find that a little presumptuous. You say yourself that no one has done so. But when Fernando says Vettel hasn't, you find that a poor reply, even though you basically agree with him.

#3 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:00

I find that a little presumptuous. You say yourself that no one has done so. But when Fernando says Vettel hasn't, you find that a poor reply, even though you basically agree with him.

Because IMHO it's an obvious put down, which is poor form, and coming from the only driver I know who won a fixed race and thinks it was a real win. Not good.

Edited by Clatter, 01 June 2012 - 12:02.

#4 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 994 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:03

Because IMHO it's an obvious put down, which is poor form.

I don't see a problem here. It was a yes or no question. :rolleyes:

#5 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,567 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:05

Because IMHO it's an obvious put down, which is poor form, and coming from the only driver I know who won a fixed race and thinks it was a real win. Not good.

Have you heard the interview? He´s asked to answer with only "yes" or "no", and the question was: Was Newey more important than Vettel in the last two titles for Red Bull?

What would you have answered to that question?

#6 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:08

It was a rigged question. Either answer would put him on the spot.

#7 Konsta

Konsta

• 2,869 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:13

It was a rigged question. Either answer would put him on the spot.

No it wasn´t. You´d grit your teeth and say that it was Seb´s brilliance that allowed him to clinch those titles whether you´d think so or not. Poor form IMHO.

But as Richard Fish would say: By-gone :) No need to over-analyze this - we all (even those accustomed to limelight) say stuff we´d regret a minute later.

Edited by Konsta, 01 June 2012 - 12:14.

#8 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:16

No it wasn´t. You´d grit your teeth and say that it was Seb´s brilliance that allowed him to clinch those titles whether you´d think so or not. Poor form IMHO.

And why would Alonso want to anger Newey? It is no secret Ferrari has been trying to get him to join Ferrari, even more so than Vettel.

Remove Newey out of Red Bull and Vettel was no double champion, nor Alonso, nor Hamilton, nor anyone else on the grid in the same shoes. Lets get real.

#9 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:17

I see none cared to check the next question and his answer.
- Who's more important to win a Championship? The engineers or the driver?
- The engineers

#10 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 13:23

Fernando will show off the tattoo on his back very soon. In the interview he says Friday, I'm not sure if that's today or next Friday. Very good interview with him below.

http://www.cadenaser...csrcsrdep_1/Tes

Thanks to @JoseLuis for the link

#11 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:36

Fernando will show off the tattoo on his back very soon. In the interview he says Friday, I'm not sure if that's today or next Friday. Very good interview with him below.

Already posted by me like half a day ago ;) (at the end of the other thread).

#12 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 15:01

Thats today... i think he just confirmed it on twitter

#13 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 15:05

Yep, he twitted about it some minutes ago, he is going to do it today :).

#14 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:17

WTF1: If you were getting an F1 team together, which two drivers from history would you choose?

Karun Chandhok: Fernando Alonso and Alain Prost

#15 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:36

WTF1: If you were getting an F1 team together, which two drivers from history would you choose?

Karun Chandhok: Fernando Alonso and Alain Prost

Smart man, I'd pick them too

#16 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:37

YES :) Today will be THE DAY!

#17 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 17:36

Posted Image

:love: :up:

#18 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 899 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 18:24

Posted Image

Nice :up: He should have done it below his neck though. The part on his neck looks ugly if you don't get to see the full tattoo...

#19 crespo

crespo

• 1,038 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 19:19

I was never big on tattoos, but that's pretty cool :up:

Advertisement

#20 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 19:21

:eek: Its TOMITA

#21 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:26

Because IMHO it's an obvious put down, .

its also obviously the truth

#22 SCEPurple

SCEPurple

• 326 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:31

Pretty neat - i'm not a big fan of tattoos personally but they do suit some people and Fernando's is very original :D

#23 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 22:55

I think the tatoo fits him very well, he is indeed a warrior and that must have a special meaning for him. I'm not a big fan of tatoos but I think that one is class.

#24 radosav

radosav

• 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 00:23

with 2 drivers of RBR in the last race of 2010 season fighting for championship you can't say it is due to seb vettel, not with mark webber having more points than seb vettel. you can't ignore newey's work when he managed to put both of his drivers in title fight until the last race.

#25 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 469 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:24

Posted Image

Visigoth Warrior with a Samurai sword :clap:

Alonso said on twitter: Un Samurai no tiene fuerza solo en los músculos. Inteligencia y fuerza de voluntad es donde posee la energía suficiente para realizarlo todo
Translated = A Samurai does not only have force in his muscles.Intelligence and will power is where he has sufficient energy to acheive anything.

Less Premaddona, More Warrior!
Is Alonso! Is Good! :up:

#26 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:50

Don't like it, but whatever, it's nice of him to show it to his fans :)

#27 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:20

Doesn't look like a Samurai, not a fan of tattoos and not a fan of Fernando's tattoo, but anyway, as long as is faster in the track, he can tattoo a pony in the forehead as far as I'm concerned :lol:

By the way, already 600.000 followers, I wonder if he will catch up with both McLaren drivers by the end of the year, I guess wins will help him to get more followers.

#28 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:22

He can tattoo whatever he likes but had I been him in that situation I'd have done it without the background part sticking to his neck.

#29 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 14:16

He can tattoo whatever he likes but had I been him in that situation I'd have done it without the background part sticking to his neck.

Like this?

Posted Image

In my opinion looks better with the top part sticking to his neck...

#30 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 14:32

Ah no I meant, removing the black/white/red thing behind the warrior. Although I'm not sure what it is and probably it has a good reason to be there that I'm not aware of.

It's just, people can see your neck*

Edited by Lights, 02 June 2012 - 14:33.

#31 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 21:46

Posted Image

Alonso playing POKER this night! :)

#32 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,563 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 23:00

Posted Image

Alonso playing POKER this night! :)

I really appreciate Fernando sharing his FUN side with his supporters! :up:

But I really have to hand it to him for not just being a leader at Ferrari, but in F1, itself. Speaking forcefully, clearly, yet respectfully about the "lottery" that F1 has become this year! Could not be more proud of him, backing up Schumacher and Webber and in such an articulate way. Couldn't agree more! :cool: :up: :up:
http://www1.skysport...ose-credibility

"It's a fantastic season, it's so unpredictable. I think people stand in front of the TV with some surprises every race. It's good for the audience, it's good for the sport to bring attention to the races," said the Spaniard told CNN.
"On the other hand we can lose credibility. We cannot lose that the best teams, the best drivers, the best strategies win the races, because at the moment from the outside it seems that in every race anyone can win.

"It doesn't matter the talent, it doesn't matter the team, the performance - it's like a lottery. What you achieve in Formula One is not by chance. We need to make clear that if you win a race, it's because you did something better. And I don't think at the moment that this is clear for everybody."

#33 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:00

Posted Image

awful.. i hope it is not a real one..

looks like a warrior having a dump on his spine.

#34 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:29

Was watching the Boston vs. Miami NBA game here in the States when I see Alonso in a puma commercial on my TV. I can't tell you how rare it is to see an F1 driver in a commercial over here. The commercial is pretty weak though.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#35 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:04

Was watching the Boston vs. Miami NBA game here in the States when I see Alonso in a puma commercial on my TV. I can't tell you how rare it is to see an F1 driver in a commercial over here. The commercial is pretty weak though.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

What the hell was that :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#36 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 15:40

Posted Image

The next pic will be Fernando dressed as a samurai. :rotfl:

#37 windwaves

windwaves

• 143 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 15:50

have you guys noticed the guy of athletic regime this guy maintain ? he tweeted his cumulative work out for the last 9 days (since Monaco). Impressive:

485kmh bike
65 km run
9h swim
3h gym

So smart not wasting much time in the gym.

Edited by windwaves, 06 June 2012 - 15:52.

#38 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 16:01

Posted Image

Alonso box Canada

#39 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:08

A good article about Fernando's posibilities this year.

http://thef1times.co...s/display/06163

Advertisement

#40 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:31

Why Alonso is now the overwhelming title favourite

Against the pre-season odds a number of factors are pointing towards Fernando Alonso winning a third title this year.

WEB>>>

Jaime Alguersuari wrote in his BBC column: "When everything is so close, the drivers make the difference.
"That's why you see Fernando Alonso leading the championship. His car was 1.5 seconds a lap slower than the best in Australia, a second slower in Malaysia and China. It has never been on pole position, and he is leading the championship after six races!
"He hasn't got the best car, but he has shown that at the moment he is the best driver out there."

Drivers are able to make a decisive difference to their destiny, rather than just being at the mercy of the car underneath them.
This has enabled Alonso to make full use of his immense talent and rise to the top of the tree even if his car isn’t quickest. The likelihood is that his season is only going to continue to go from strength to strength.
To win a championship of 2012’s nature you need to be: fast, consistent, intelligent, maximise every opportunity and not make mistakes.
Alonso is the only driver demonstrating all of those attributes at the moment. You just sense it’s going to be his year. Not only that, but the year where Fernando establishes himself as one of the legends of F1.

Edited by puxanando, 08 June 2012 - 06:39.

#41 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:47

OVerwhelming is a little too much imho, because so far the car was not good enough to win a race under normal conditions. And maybe the other drivers and teams, those with the overall faster cars, will start to get their act together. If we say that RBR, McLaren and Mercedes currently have a faster car, than we can not expect that at least 2 of their drivers will make mistakes every race.
However should the Ferrari close the gap to the the other cars, then he will be in a strong position.

#42 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:53

Why Alonso is now the overwhelming title favourite

WEB>>>

Do you bother reading what others write?, I posted that just before you!.

OVerwhelming is a little too much imho, because so far the car was not good enough to win a race under normal conditions. And maybe the other drivers and teams, those with the overall faster cars, will start to get their act together. If we say that RBR, McLaren and Mercedes currently have a faster car, than we can not expect that at least 2 of their drivers will make mistakes every race.
However should the Ferrari close the gap to the the other cars, then he will be in a strong position.

I agree, if they can't improve the car, no matter how good Alonso drive, he is going to fall back, it will take a lot of luck and misfortune (for the others) to win the title with the current car, at some point in the season one driver or team is likely to dominate for 2 or 3 races, that will be the key moment of the season. Let's hope it's Ferrari.

Edited by kosmos, 08 June 2012 - 06:56.

#43 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:37

Do you bother reading what others write?, I posted that just before you!.

I agree, if they can't improve the car, no matter how good Alonso drive, he is going to fall back, it will take a lot of luck and misfortune (for the others) to win the title with the current car, at some point in the season one driver or team is likely to dominate for 2 or 3 races, that will be the key moment of the season. Let's hope it's Ferrari.

Oh it better be Ferrari!

#44 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:47

Posted Image
Wanted.

Edited by ivand911, 08 June 2012 - 07:47.

#45 bmardini

bmardini

• 327 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:57

I dont like these articles. I find them premature. Alonso can have a DNF on Sunday and suddenly he's P5 in the championship and the papers suddenly focus on whomever.

#46 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,153 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:12

I dont like these articles. I find them premature. Alonso can have a DNF on Sunday and suddenly he's P5 in the championship and the papers suddenly focus on whomever.

That's how the press works. They even called Maldonado a WDC contender after his win. How they now call Alonso the favorite instead of the two McLaren boys is beyond me. Ferrari still has a lot of work to do and Alonso is due a DNF.

#47 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:23

That's how the press works. They even called Maldonado a WDC contender after his win. How they now call Alonso the favorite instead of the two McLaren boys is beyond me. Ferrari still has a lot of work to do and Alonso is due a DNF.

He's not due a DNF, why you keep saying that I don't know.. it is possible to finish a season without a DNF, have you thought about that?

#48 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:45

it is possible to finish a season without a DNF, have you thought about that?

Extremely difficult though, statistics are statistics, Alonso will have a DNF this year, as will most of the drivers, sadly.

#49 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:52

Extremely difficult though, statistics are statistics, Alonso will have a DNF this year, as will most of the drivers, sadly.

Past statistics mean nothing, know one knew we would have 6 different winners and know one knows who will not finish a race at anytime or we would all be rich.

#50 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:06

Past statistics mean nothing, know one knew we would have 6 different winners and know one knows who will not finish a race at anytime or we would all be rich.

Past statistics do mean a lot.

You don't expect to win the lottery tomorrow, but you can win it (if you play, of course). But chances are chances, and you will probably never win the lottery.