Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#1201 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:05

Yes it was Korea 2010. I can still remember the dirty car and darkness coming in like it would be yesterday. And I can hear that evil laugh as well...

Advertisement

#1202 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:37

The 1st partner of the Viceroy Bank of Time wants to donate his time to 3 people. You can be one of them.

Join in and learn with him advanced driving skills in a racing circuit. Very soon, like Fernando, you will also be able to offer the world what you do best in the Viceroy Bank of Time , and get in exchange time credits to exchange for what others have to offer.

http://bancodetiempo...om/index_en.php

They have a video there, check it!.

#1203 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:11

I agree with everything you've said here.

Alonso's early 2010 campaign (until the German GP) was riddled with errors whether it be driver, team or both.

Australia - Incident with Button (I blame Button more than Alonso in this incident). This I believe actually cost him the race win.
Malaysia - Going out in Q1 (Team/driver mistake).
Monaco - Driving incident which meant he couldn't take part in qualifying. Big mistake this one, as he would have been challenging for the win.
Canada - Got caught out in traffic (Not a major mistake but a mistake none-the-less). The McLaren's were ultimately faster and they got the result.
Great Britain - Not giving the place back when he should (Team/driver mistake). Another huge error, mega points lost here considering Vettel had issues and the McLaren of Hamilton finished second. Ferrari had a faster car that weekend if only marginally.

And jumping the start in China.
Thank goodness someone in this thread is objective enough to recognise both the brilliant performances and the errors of Alonso in 2010. It gets so tiresome when discussions are populated either by those who wish to denigrate a driver at every opportunity, or else twist everything to make sure their favourite driver looks perfect. Anyway, let's hope for a strong Ferrari and Alonso weekend in Germany :up:

#1204 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:15

topical and Ferrari2183 - have to say I agree with your overall assesment.

On the positive side, but away from just "on track performance", one of my favourite Alonso moments in 2010 was his post-race radio at Silverstone. I thought that was magnificent and says so much about his ability to bring a team along with him. Despite what must have been huge personal disappointment and frustration for what happened in that race, he sent out a message of confidence to the team in what they had done with the car and that they would be challenging for the title. Everyone thought it was crazy, his odds for the WDC plummeted, but he was right.

#1205 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:32

Thank goodness someone in this thread is objective enough to recognise both the brilliant performances and the errors of Alonso in 2010. It gets so tiresome when discussions are populated either by those who wish to denigrate a driver at every opportunity, or else twist everything to make sure their favourite driver looks perfect. Anyway, let's hope for a strong Ferrari and Alonso weekend in Germany :up:

If you ask me, this is why the grid seems so closely matched over the last three or so seasons. Everyone is messing up here and there. OTOH, the Schumi years were far more devastating. The Schumi/Ferrari machine were so well oiled.

We may be witnessing the dawn of the Alonso/Ferrari machine where very few messups occur. 2010, I agree was an up and down season for all contenders involved. It's the ups and downs of RedBull that put Alonso in contention despite all the problems and messups earlier in the season.

Look at Hamilton's year last year. Good grief.... if I've ever felt like saying so about an reputed great among the drivers today.

#1206 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:44

The interesting thing is that several drivers made very costly errors in 2010 and, as a consequence, they all now seem to understand that value of relentless consistency. Vettel, Button and Alonso scored very consistently last year, and Vettel, Webber and Alonso are doing it this year. It won't be possible to beat these guys if you are having unnecessary DNFs (over and above the usual one or two that are unavoidable).

#1207 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,606 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:48

If you ask me, this is why the grid seems so closely matched over the last three or so seasons. Everyone is messing up here and there. OTOH, the Schumi years were far more devastating. The Schumi/Ferrari machine were so well oiled.

We may be witnessing the dawn of the Alonso/Ferrari machine where very few messups occur. 2010, I agree was an up and down season for all contenders involved. It's the ups and downs of RedBull that put Alonso in contention despite all the problems and messups earlier in the season.

Look at Hamilton's year last year. Good grief.... if I've ever felt like saying so about an reputed great among the drivers today.

He has failed to score points on only two occasions since the 2010 British GP (i.e. two full seasons, 37 races). They were Spa 2010 and Canada 2011.

#1208 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53

Gareth what did he say? Is there anywhere a video/audio of it?

#1209 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:10

Gareth what did he say? Is there anywhere a video/audio of it?

I've googled and can't find anything.

My recollection is that after the race he came over the radio to the team saying effectively that whilst it was a disappointing result the performance was there in the car and that the team shouldn't worry - they would be fighting for the championship.

Wish I could find it but it seems Webber's "not bad for a number 2" is the only thing google wants to let me see about the aftermath of that race!

#1210 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:13

topical and Ferrari2183 - have to say I agree with your overall assesment.

On the positive side, but away from just "on track performance", one of my favourite Alonso moments in 2010 was his post-race radio at Silverstone. I thought that was magnificent and says so much about his ability to bring a team along with him. Despite what must have been huge personal disappointment and frustration for what happened in that race, he sent out a message of confidence to the team in what they had done with the car and that they would be challenging for the title. Everyone thought it was crazy, his odds for the WDC plummeted, but he was right.

Yes, I remember that too. If things had gone right at Abu Dhabi that radio transmission might even be more famous now than "not bad for a number 2" from the same race!

#1211 STIGG

STIGG

• 179 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:16

Yes it was Korea 2010. I can still remember the dirty car and darkness coming in like it would be yesterday. And I can hear that evil laugh as well...

Was a great race (for any 'nando fan at least!). Here's another gem:
Posted Image

#1212 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:22

Was a great race (for any 'nando fan at least!). Here's another gem:
Posted Image

The british press called him the prince of darkness after that race, they can help to play with the double meanings :rotfl:

#1213 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 14:55

Posted Image

For those who like to know about his private life (hint: girlfriend), probably you should check his twitter.

Edited by kosmos, 19 July 2012 - 15:14.

#1214 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:03

Posted Image

For those who like to know about his private live (hint: girlfriend), probably you should check his twitter.

:confused: you mean #amigasAlo that he has running?

Edited by Starlight, 19 July 2012 - 15:26.

#1215 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:07

For those who like to know about his private live (hint: girlfriend), probably you should check his twitter.

You mean the soap-opera, regarding his private life. :rotfl:

#1216 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:36

:confused: you mean #amigasAlo that he has running?

I guess he means this:

http://dasha-kapustina.tumblr.com/

#1217 STIGG

STIGG

• 179 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 16:00

In Autosport's most recent article on Alonso, there's an interesting line:

Fernando Alonso 'in best shape of his Formula 1 career'

In addition, he says his physical condition is better than it ever has been, and that he is no longer experiencing the leg and shoulder pain he has suffered in silence in recent years.

I know it says he kept it quiet, but anyone know or hear any tidbits of info in the past regarding such pain?

#1218 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 16:10

I know it says he kept it quiet, but anyone know or hear any tidbits of info in the past regarding such pain?

I don't think it's a secret that he had some problems with his knees, even this season, but I didn't know about the shoulders. Glad he is ok now.

#1219 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 17:58

I guess he means this:

Alonso arrives in Hockenheim with new Russian model girlfriend

WEB

Advertisement

#1220 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,564 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:02

WEB

Pretty girl, but needs a good meal IMO.

#1221 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:19

She looks like 80 percent of Russian girls making holidays in the Mediterranean, but as long as she gives him more speed... here more pics of her
http://www.whosdated.../fashion-model/

Edited by jstrains, 19 July 2012 - 19:32.

#1222 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:40

Thank goodness someone in this thread is objective enough to recognise both the brilliant performances and the errors of Alonso in 2010.

have been done by all participants. dont know why we should emphasize anybody's objectivity, if it was clear that everybody was till now objective.
just out of curiosity: who in your opinion was not objective?

i find it scary if a driver is saying that middle of the season. man dont lose your concentration. speak about that after the season.

Edited by zk12, 19 July 2012 - 18:42.

#1223 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:50

Good luck for this weekend Fernando, will root for you as always!

:clap:

#1224 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 20:39

Good luck for this weekend Fernando, will root for you as always!

:clap:

+1 :up:

PUXA NANDO!!! Hope we will have a good race and Alonso still leading when finished! :smoking:

#1225 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:46

I guess he means this:

:up:

#1226 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:13

WEB

she looks like she's 12!!!

#1227 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:16

i find it scary if a driver is saying that middle of the season. man dont lose your concentration. speak about that after the season.

He is talking mainly about his physical condition, so it's not like he is being cocky about he driving skills.

#1228 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:07

She looks like 80 percent of Russian girls making holidays in the Mediterranean, but as long as she gives him more speed... here more pics of her
http://www.whosdated.../fashion-model/

She really does look like an anorexic teenager. Anyway, good luck to them. Let's just hope Alonso maintains his top form and concentration this weekend as he's had almost all year.

Edited by topical, 20 July 2012 - 06:12.

#1229 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:10

have been done by all participants. dont know why we should emphasize anybody's objectivity, if it was clear that everybody was till now objective.
just out of curiosity: who in your opinion was not objective?

Those who said he made less significant errors in 2010 than Hamilton and Vettel, or that it was a steward's decision, not his mistakes, that cost him the title that year. So people like you, I guess.

#1230 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:18

Those who said he made less significant errors in 2010 than Hamilton and Vettel, or that it was a steward's decision, not his mistakes, that cost him the title that year. So people like you, I guess.

i havent said that he made less mistakes than vet or ham. nor did i say that stewards decisions alone were the reason for him not winning 2010. If you try to be the judge who decides who is objective and who not, try to analyse better.
till now everybody of us in this discussion has just come up with parts of the truth and emphasized those parts differently. but none till now, has been more or less objective than others.
some have concentrated on his mistakes, some have also highlighted team mistakes, and some also have mentioned the stewards decisions which played a part in 2010.
the truth about 2010 is that all those three parts played their role in alonso not winning it. but to rule out that not just his mistakes were a factor is untrue and not objective. the same goes for some stewards decisions that had influenced the 2010 world championship.
i am not mad at you, or anything like this, i am just disappointed that you allow yourself to judge about objectivity without analysing the details.

having said that, i think that we should concentrate on 2012

Edited by zk12, 20 July 2012 - 08:22.

#1231 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:15

:up:

#1232 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:45

i am not mad at you, or anything like this, i am just disappointed that you allow yourself to judge about objectivity without analysing the details.

i think our perspectives are not so far apart. so let's draw a line under it and focus on this year, you are right :up:

#1233 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 13:01

Fernando via FB. I guess he was playing this with his Russian girlfriend yesterday evening :rotfl:

H2O2C4K4E1N1H2E1I1M3 Fernando Alonso!

Posted Image

Edited by jstrains, 20 July 2012 - 13:09.

#1234 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 14:16

Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial
Afternoon to analyze all data, drivers' breefing, etc. ..! Today, in all track conditions, the car was feeling good..;)! #happy

Alonso on twitter! :up:

It's important that the car was feeling good!

#1235 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 14:32

Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial
Afternoon to analyze all data, drivers' breefing, etc. ..! Today, in all track conditions, the car was feeling good..;)! #happy

Alonso on twitter! :up:

It's important that the car was feeling good!

so far so good

#1236 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 14:32

i think our perspectives are not so far apart. so let's draw a line under it and focus on this year, you are right :up:

;) :up:

#1237 kryziuotis

kryziuotis

• 131 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 16:08

That's not an objective list at all. Nobody is perfect, but we have to set up some standard what we call acceptable driving, and what we call a mistake. Because in Alonso's case somebody lists even being caught in traffic, being out of Q1 and not giving place back as a mistakes, when in Hamilton's case we would hear - how much bad luck he has, how team screws him over and how unfairly stewards treat him.

Such list simply shows that everybody is very used to Alonso being almost perfect and have to nit pick for mistakes. Even crashing in practice is something that many drivers do and nobody even calls it a mistake - Hamilton and Vettel did it too in 2010. But in Aloso's case crash resulted in being unable to participate in qualifying - so simply because of circumstances it seems like a big error. The only driver errors that year were jumpstart in China and crashing in Spa.

#1238 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,772 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 17:46

^^ Going round in circles :stoned: but Spa is debatable because of Barrichello crashing into him.

#1239 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 19:28

Today at Hockenheim. He seems to be sooo happy. This year must be someone's year and I hope it will be his

Posted Image

Edited by jstrains, 20 July 2012 - 19:31.

Advertisement

#1240 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:59

In today's biggest German tabloid newspaper Bild "Three reasons why is Alonso quicker"

Posted Image

- new love makes him stronger
- fitter than ever, running smiling in the paddock
- sharing money with his mechanics, while at RBR they do so after the season if there is a title

Edited by jstrains, 21 July 2012 - 04:00.

#1241 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:58

- sharing money with his mechanics, while at RBR they do so after the season if there is a title

:rolleyes:, what kind journalist are this?. So Alonso is fast because he has a new girlfriend, he is happy and he gives money to his mechanics, not because he is talented, he has experience and a good car.

#1242 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:48

In today's biggest German tabloid newspaper Bild "Three reasons why is Alonso quicker"

Posted Image

bild not really worth a read.

#1243 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:30

:rolleyes:, what kind journalist are this?. So Alonso is fast because he has a new girlfriend, he is happy and he gives money to his mechanics, not because he is talented, he has experience and a good car.

This is the german BILD :lol: sometimes they are the first who speaks with the 'dead' people.....

#1244 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:48

Fernando gave a ride to her new love yesterday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1245 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,772 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:04

It's Bild, 'nuff said

#1246 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:30

Alonso got a haircut? He looks cool, like in 2009. :cool:

#1247 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 13:04

bravo maestro. the great one made again a great one.
grande
but the race is tomorrow

#1248 Dino2000

Dino2000

• 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 13:09

Wow! Note te time difference between Fernando and the rest. Hamilton +3.5 ┬┐dry set up? Will see tomorrow. Michael 4th great effort.

But Fernando made me really enjoy today.

Great race for tomorrow.

#1249 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,665 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 13:12

Another pole in the bag, fantastic job, let's hope he can convert it into a win.

#1250 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 13:13

Another pole in the bag, fantastic job, let's hope he can convert it into a win.

Indeed :up: