Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#1301 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:37

No need to ghost he car, just to understand that with the tyre deg it would be impossible to hold him, and let him go.

I was very very angry with Lewis in Valencia, but to be fair he was pissed more than me when his car fell off the jack during the pit stop losing his position(again) to ALO(just like in Malaysia).
We just can not ignore these little things.
_
in 2010 ALO was angry in Valencia because HAM did overtake the SC.He didn't want to race anymore and was not interested in receiving info from his RE.He told to his RE(more or less) via radio: "Keep talking/working to Charlie about Hamilton. It's the only thing you have to do in the whole the race".

I guess we tend to have very short memories. :)

Advertisement

#1302 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:50

A couple a weeks ago Alonso said that the Ferrari isn't the fastest car until it qualifies on pole. Now that it has qualified on pole 2 races in a row can we officially say that Ferrari is in actual fact the fastest car out there.

Personally I don't think so but Alonso said it himself so should we question that or just decide that it's Alonsos superiour skill that has made it possible?

Edited by Lone, 21 July 2012 - 19:52.

#1303 Skellen

Skellen

• 513 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:51

From Alonso's twitter

Posted Image

"Vettel zweiter, Alonso pole"

:lol:

Gran Turismo :love:

#1304 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 20:55

I was very very angry with Lewis in Valencia, but to be fair he was pissed more than me when his car fell off the jack during the pit stop losing his position(again) to ALO(just like in Malaysia).
We just can not ignore these little things.
_
in 2010 ALO was angry in Valencia because HAM did overtake the SC.He didn't want to race anymore and was not interested in receiving info from his RE.He told to his RE(more or less) via radio: "Keep talking/working to Charlie about Hamilton. It's the only thing you have to do in the whole the race".

I guess we tend to have very short memories. :)

I don't understand what the Hamilton-Maldonado incident has to do with Alonso being angry in the radio in 2010 :confused:

#1305 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 21:13

I don't understand what the Hamilton-Maldonado incident has to do with Alonso being angry in the radio in 2010 :confused:

McLaren disastrous pit stop had something to do with HAM-MAL incident. He was gutted, just like ALO was in Valencia 2010.
What i want to say is that we have seen plenty of times that when the things don't go his way, he doesn't always perform as he is doing so far this year.
This year he even has(unlike 2010) the press with him. In 2010 he was heavily criticized by the press(even the BBC crew) and his performances were not the best.
Do you remember what happened between ALO and HAM in Malaysia 2011? may be not. :)
Nobody is perfect.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

EDIT: i want to make it clear that i post this video to show that from time to time they do make mistakes. ALO was faster than HAM in this race and could have waited for a better opportunity to pass him. To take the MAL-HAM in Valencia to prove that HAM is weak(according to the Guardian the journalist) is not fair and my intent is not to criticize the driver ALO but to remember they are all humans and can do mistakes.

Edited by revlec, 21 July 2012 - 21:27.

#1306 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,032 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 21:27

McLaren disastrous pit stop had something to do with HAM-MAL incident. He was gutted, just like ALO was in Valencia 2010.
What i want to say is that we have seen plenty of times that when the things don't go his way, he doesn't always perform as he is doing so far this year.
This year he even has(unlike 2010) the press with him. In 2010 he was heavily criticized by the press(even the BBC crew) and his performances were not the best.
Do you remember what happened between ALO and HAM in Malaysia 2011? may be not. :)
Nobody is perfect.

Taking into account his performances in the second half of 2007 (and it is difficult for things to be more against him), I'd say your theory does not hold up :wave:

And the incident with Hamilton in Malaysia was not Alonso's fault; simply, Hamilton started turning right when Alonso had already taken that line and accelerated to overtake - it was considered a racing incident. Edit: just saw your edit above, and I agree everybody makes mistakes, but I think you didn't pick the best example.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 21 July 2012 - 21:29.

#1307 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 21:34

Taking into account his performances in the second half of 2007 (and it is difficult for things to be more against him), I'd say your theory does not hold up :wave:

And the incident with Hamilton in Malaysia was not Alonso's fault; simply, Hamilton started turning right when Alonso had already taken that line and accelerated to overtake - it was considered a racing incident. Edit: just saw your edit above, and I agree everybody makes mistakes, but I think you didn't pick the best example.

ALO could have waited a few more meters. he had better traction and it was only a matter of time.

#1308 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 21:34

Nobody is perfect.

EDIT: i want to make it clear that i post this video to show that from time to time they do make mistakes. ALO was faster than HAM in this race and could have waited for a better opportunity to pass him. To take the MAL-HAM in Valencia to prove that HAM is weak(according to the Guardian the journalist) is not fair and my intent is not to criticize the driver ALO but to remember they are all humans and can do mistakes.

But being angry on the team radio didn't affect his performance, they are separate things. Also, in the second half of 2010 was performing as flawlessly as he is now.

#1309 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 22:29

A couple a weeks ago Alonso said that the Ferrari isn't the fastest car until it qualifies on pole. Now that it has qualified on pole 2 races in a row can we officially say that Ferrari is in actual fact the fastest car out there.

Personally I don't think so but Alonso said it himself so should we question that or just decide that it's Alonsos superiour skill that has made it possible?

2 wet qualifyings, seriously?

#1310 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:10

Alonso will be considered bad always at rain in this forum because it only matter for some people here what happened in 2 or 3 races where he had accidents. And when he does good (today, hungary 2006, etc) it's because of the car or the tires. :/

So I'll keep on considering Alonso as a very good driver on wet conditions no matter what unfair people say.

Honestly, i think some of you (Alonso´s fans) are been for quite a while and already should have known that there´s ZERO doubt about Alonso beeing the best driver since Ayrton Senna. The other´s "opinions" (even they don´t beleive it) are, mostly, from these other four driver´s fans and the folowing reasons are:

1) MS fans - they simply can´t accept Fernando as he has beaten MS fair and square driving an inferior car in 2005 and 2006. MS knows it. MS 2012 is better and faster now and performing at Nico´s level this year, wich means that last year and 2010 had less to do about the old champs age (do we all agree MS is older this year than in 2010 and 2011 or some blind fan will discuss about it?) than his lack of talent to adapt to different kind of cars. Besides, without number one status, no special tyres, no FIA´s help and a much stronger grid, MS show us what he really is and has alwyas been: a very good driver. Period. He can win races this year (i do beleive so -Hock is a good bet!) , and eventually beat a good teamate, but definitely, not an all time great like Alonso.

2) Vettel fans - the guy is incredible fast and a fantastic driver. Has potencial to be a great one, but his fans thought he would build a career much like MS did by having the best car by far for numerous consecutive years only to find out that it is not going to be that way. Winning titles against very good drivers and a genius (FA) when most of them have competitive cars is a really tough task. Under this circunstances, even his teamate seems to be better than really is

3) Lewis fans - Another super ultra fast driver who is taking more time to improve in other areas than most expected. Maybe in 3-5 years he will reach Nando´s level, who knows?

4) Kimi´s fans - The coolest man/driver on earth. Naturally talented, seems that Kimi doens´t want to "pay the price" required to become an even better driver.

Like it or not, while it all happens, Fernando Alonso is showing us all what is an all time great level of driving, something we haven´t seen for about 20 years.

#1311 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:22

Honestly, i think some of you (Alonso´s fans) are been for quite a while and already should have known that there´s ZERO doubt about Alonso beeing the best driver since Ayrton Senna. The other´s "opinions" (even they don´t beleive it) are, mostly, from these other four driver´s fans and the folowing reasons are:

1) MS fans - they simply can´t accept Fernando as he has beaten MS fair and square driving an inferior car in 2005 and 2006. MS knows it. MS 2012 is better and faster now and performing at Nico´s level this year, wich means that last year and 2010 had less to do about the old champs age (do we all agree MS is older this year than in 2010 and 2011 or some blind fan will discuss about it?) than his lack of talent to adapt to different kind of cars. Besides, without number one status, no special tyres, no FIA´s help and a much stronger grid, MS show us what he really is and has alwyas been: a very good driver. Period. He can win races this year (i do beleive so -Hock is a good bet!) , and eventually beat a good teamate, but definitely, not an all time great like Alonso.

2) Vettel fans - the guy is incredible fast and a fantastic driver. Has potencial to be a great one, but his fans thought he would build a career much like MS did by having the best car by far for numerous consecutive years only to find out that it is not going to be that way. Winning titles against very good drivers and a genius (FA) when most of them have competitive cars is a really tough task. Under this circunstances, even his teamate seems to be better than really is

3) Lewis fans - Another super ultra fast driver who is taking more time to improve in other areas than most expected. Maybe in 3-5 years he will reach Nando´s level, who knows?

4) Kimi´s fans - The coolest man/driver on earth. Naturally talented, seems that Kimi doens´t want to "pay the price" required to become an even better driver.

Like it or not, while it all happens, Fernando Alonso is showing us all what is an all time great level of driving, something we haven´t seen for about 20 years.

Actually, Alonso this season reminds of Schumacher and Vettel at their best. Hamilton and Kimi never showed that level of unrelenteless consistency. Discrediting MS and Vettel only makes your post look silly and does no favor to Alonso.

#1312 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:54

Ferdo via FB: "¡¡I´M VERY HAPPY!!" "¡¡ESTOY CONTENTÍSIMO!!"

Let's have a good Sunday as well!

Posted Image

Edited by jstrains, 22 July 2012 - 06:32.

#1313 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:01

I hope Alonso can get the win, wishing him the best

#1314 mainevent

mainevent

• 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:45

Actually, Alonso this season reminds of Schumacher and Vettel at their best. Hamilton and Kimi never showed that level of unrelenteless consistency. Discrediting MS and Vettel only makes your post look silly and does no favor to Alonso.

Just as comparing Vettel and Schumacher makes you look silly. Vettel has only had one great season of consistency his entire career which was last year in a perfect car. You are half right though because's driving is comparable to Michaels best years, and hes doing it against a lot stronger competition than Michaels, which makes it even more impressive.

#1315 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:41

I know it is very tempting to talk about who is better and who not. but for what reason ever, it is impossible to do it.
for us and many experts alonso is an all time great and the best in the field.
for ms fans ms is the ultimate pinacle of a racing driver.
for vettel fans vettel is even more superb than his stats.
for ham fans ham is even more superbe tahn the other three.
and for kimi fans kimi is not only better than all the other drivers he is also much cooler.

for me personally, alonso is driving on a level which we have never witnessed before, beacuse the field is much stronger and the competition (the quality of the cars) is tighter than ever and he is leading this competition in a car which is not mature enough for that.

#1316 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:48

Both times it was in the wet, it hardly counts for normal conditions. So no, it is not the fastest car out there, but it is definitely now a top car in any conditions (possibly apart from on low fuel at the end of races)

#1317 topical

topical

• 2,086 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:51

Yet another silly fan boy post. I can't stand Schumacher but at his best he was definitely on the same level as Alonso. I think Lewis has as much natural talent as Alonso but is not as consistent, Vettel it's too early to say and Kimi is not in the same category as those other guys.

#1318 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:55

I know it is very tempting to talk about who is better and who not. but for what reason ever, it is impossible to do it.
for us and many experts alonso is an all time great and the best in the field.
for ms fans ms is the ultimate pinacle of a racing driver.
for vettel fans vettel is even more superb than his stats.
for ham fans ham is even more superbe tahn the other three.
and for kimi fans kimi is not only better than all the other drivers he is also much cooler.

for me personally, alonso is driving on a level which we have never witnessed before, beacuse the field is much stronger and the competition (the quality of the cars) is tighter than ever and he is leading this competition in a car which is not mature enough for that.

This season, more than any other, has proved beyond doubt that we can set to rest any argumentss about Fernando's inherent genius, the fierce determination to win and the ability to push his team until there is nothing more to be achieved or gained.

Just one word, IMO, sums him up as a competitor: FORMIDABLE

#1319 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:59

Yet another silly fan boy post. I can't stand Schumacher but at his best he was definitely on the same level as Alonso. I think Lewis has as much natural talent as Alonso but is not as consistent, Vettel it's too early to say and Kimi is not in the same category as those other guys.

I'm afraid you have jumped on his case without reading what he was saying. The poster summed up the views/feelings of each set of fans with respect to their favourite driver.
Oh, and Schumi, is definitely on a higher level than Fernando. I've mellowed out to Schumi but as a McLaren fan I could never tolerate the man's victory run at Ferrari. When Nando equals Schumi's records then we can talk about who was at a higher level.

Advertisement

#1320 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:04

I'm afraid you have jumped on his case without reading what he was saying. The poster summed up the views/feelings of each set of fans with respect to their favourite driver.
Oh, and Schumi, is definitely on a higher level than Fernando. I've mellowed out to Schumi but as a McLaren fan I could never tolerate the man's victory run at Ferrari. When Nando equals Schumi's records then we can talk about who was at a higher level.

especially we formula1 fans shouldnt concentrate on stats, because stats in f1 are distorted, because in f1 there is no equal material. thats why stats shouldnt play a big role in contrasting the drivers.

#1321 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:08

Congratulations from a Kimi-fan, this Finnish thing is my way of congratulating you guys :wave:

In Schumi's boots

Turun Sanomat 21.7.2012

Turun Sanomat, Hockenheim

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...umin saappaissa

Edited by Wolfie, 08 November 2012 - 21:19.

#1322 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:17

especially we formula1 fans shouldnt concentrate on stats, because stats in f1 are distorted, because in f1 there is no equal material. thats why stats shouldnt play a big role in contrasting the drivers.

Be that as it may, Schumi's 7 WDCs cannot be dismissed as trivial or distorted, or for that matter his 5 WDCs in a row. That's some serious stuff and will take a herculean effort on the part of any driver to equal and surpass. Vettel may have the chance as he is still young.

#1323 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:25

Be that as it may, Schumi's 7 WDCs cannot be dismissed as trivial or distorted, or for that matter his 5 WDCs in a row. That's some serious stuff and will take a herculean effort on the part of any driver to equal and surpass.

i havent said that they are trivial.
but that is not the most impressive thing about ms.

Vettel may have the chance as he is still young.

also ham and alonso have this chance (remember ms was as old as fernando now winning his third!)

#1324 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:30

i havent said that they are trivial.
but that is not the most impressive thing about ms.

also ham and alonso have this chance (remember ms was as old as fernando now winning his third!)

Yeah, you're right. If either Vettel or Fernando win this year, then they can have a shot at MS's record. Vettel, if he wins this year, will have a shot at his 5-in-a-row record. At the moment LH is behind these two guys and with the way things are playing out at McLaren, I doubt his chances.

#1325 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:39

:drunk:

That's the worst opinion disguised as a fact I've seen in a long time.

1) Schumacher on it in 2005? I don't think so. 2) Inferior material in 2006 (AND 2005)? Don't be ridiculous. The first half of the season was Renaults, the second half for Ferrari. In the end Ferrari and Schumacher tossed it away under pressure that was there from the beginning. Is Schumacher therefore only just 'a very good driver'? Don't forget who was always the runner up or even fighting for the lead in every year, based on pure speed, agression, cleverness and dedication? It was Schumacher. This era is somewhat different because there is a tradeoff between speed and cleverness, something Alonso is grasping on with the fullest. It is very good to watch and something that brings him really close to Schumacher but it doesn't make him automatically better. Hence: you don't win 7 seven titles based on nothing. And with your 40s it's certain there are differences compared to before and also the field has bunched up quite a bit. Therefore even more competition is assured.

2) Vettel is very good but not the next Schumacher/Alonso, I reckon. I don't say he is throwing his toys out of the pram but he is still slightly immature in his reactions. His humour on the other side is fantastic but it's all a bit too Playstation-esque and he's not extremely up there this season. I think he will be alright in time but isn't the greatest of all time.

3) Hamilton is prone to pressure outside the track and in general has been just unlucky this season. Ultrafast indeed and he has the heart of a lion. The potential is surely there but the rate of which he outgrows his problems, will prove if he is an alltime great. I have a better feeling with him than with Vettel in general.

4) Rubbish. Those motivation stories from before are just bad. He might have different work ethics but he's still a really good driver and a professional behind the wheel. Don't forget about that.

Edited by Jejking, 22 July 2012 - 08:41.

#1326 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:53

1) Including 2005 make the rest of your post garbage. Did you watch 2005? Bridgestone cars were not in the same league. Fair and square my ass. What about 2001, 2003 and 2004 where MS beat him fair and square? I guess you can count 7 vs 2!!!

Edited by ivand911, 22 July 2012 - 08:57.

#1327 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:58

Really now,I am a huge Alonso fan but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Alonso is equal with Schumi on the all time rankings.He may be as good a driver,and he may equal him on the all time rankings by the time he retires,but Schumi is still way ahead in terms of achievements.Alonso may get there with time.

#1328 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:04

Really now,I am a huge Alonso fan but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Alonso is equal with Schumi on the all time rankings.He may be as good a driver,and he may equal him on the all time rankings by the time he retires,but Schumi is still way ahead in terms of achievements.Alonso may get there with time.

ms i the legend of f1 so far, but alonso is on the right way to one day be mentioned in one breath with him.

Edited by zk12, 22 July 2012 - 09:04.

#1329 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:05

Exactly. F1 should have a Hall of Fame where all the Drivers, Engineers etc can be inducted, just as they have in NFL, NBA, MLB etc

#1330 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,032 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:16

ALO could have waited a few more meters. he had better traction and it was only a matter of time.

He could, but it was not necessary: he did not start the overtaking in a risky spot, it was simply bad luck that Hamilton switched lines there.

#1331 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:41

clinical clean race from the master.

#1332 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:44

Totally true. The part where he defended against Hamilton from unlapping him was playing chess at a high level. He was helped a bit by a higher top speed but it was a very good trick to keep a buffer to Vettel and Button.

#1333 discover23

discover23

• 3,869 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:45

Last three races.. 1,2,1..The WDC would have been over by now if Ferrari would have started the season with this car..

#1334 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:49

YAY :clap:

About equal with Red Bull on pace, but McLaren a bit faster today until Jenson blew his tyres.

If Fernando does a good qualifying, Hungary should be a good track, proved by sector 3 here where Fernando indeed looked quick.

It's about the points game, so it can't be better than 25 points :up:

#1335 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,662 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:52

The pole position was so important for todays win, fantastic drive again, to say that this race or this championship is an Alonso clinic maybe is not very respectful to the other top drivers, but sometimes it feels like it, today he was in control all the time.

:up: :up: :up:

#1336 heineken2008

heineken2008

• 117 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:55

Well, it has to be said, Alonso . . is really showing what he is made of . . no-one, including Vettel is even on the same planet. Well done

#1337 mainevent

mainevent

• 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:55

Next week is Alonso's 31st birthday, and if he wins Hungary it will be his 31st win!!!

#1338 Coral

Coral

• 2,749 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 13:58

Hi, I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan but I'm just dropping in to say many congratulations to Fernando Alonso for a fantastic win, he is a wonderful driver who is improving with age. I would say he is now the class of his field. I was on the edge of my seat willing him to stay ahead of Button but I knew he would do it. :)

Nice to see Ferrari finishing ahead of the cheating Red Bull as well. FORZA FERRARI! :up: :up: :up:

#1339 Les

Les

• 2,068 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:00

He has a 34 point lead over Webber and 36 over Vettel. Obviously its far from over but he has built up a nice lead for himself and at least he can go into the summer break leading he championship. However a retirement for him and a win for a Red Bull and it'll be looking very different all of a sudden.

Advertisement

#1340 KavB

KavB

• 1,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:03

Another great win! He is the only driver to consistently fight for victory this year. Malaysia, Spain, Canada, Valencia, Britain and Germany. It's such a pleasure to see him drive this year.

Edit: 30 wins too. 1 more and he will match Mansell. If he can do it within 4 races, he will have done it in the same time frame as him!

Edited by KavB, 22 July 2012 - 14:05.

#1341 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:06

Congrats to Alonso AND Ferrari. You both did well today.

That Ferrari is certainly much improved now. Pole and race lead from start to finish.

Their tire management is also quite consistent. They win some and they lose some. However, if they lose, they aren't too far off. That's the mark of a championship win.

As to the constructor's trophy, it's not looking too good with Massa's finishes.

Edited by ali_M, 22 July 2012 - 14:07.

#1342 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:08

Another great win! He is the only driver to consistently fight for victory this year. Malaysia, Spain, Canada, Valencia, Britain and Germany. It's such a pleasure to see him drive this year.

Edit: 30 wins too. 1 more and he will match Mansell. If he can do it within 4 races, he will have done it in the same time frame as him!

Don't forget the car...i.e., the Ferrari and his team. Alonso and Ferrari have been consistently fighting for victory this year. With that, I agree.

#1343 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:08

Hi, I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan but I'm just dropping in to say many congratulations to Fernando Alonso for a fantastic win, he is a wonderful driver who is improving with age. I would say he is now the class of his field. I was on the edge of my seat willing him to stay ahead of Button but I knew he would do it. :)

Nice to see Ferrari finishing ahead of the cheating Red Bull as well. FORZA FERRARI! :up: :up: :up:

:up:

#1344 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:11

Alonso is only the second driver to win 30 races before his 31st birthday!

When Schumacher turned 31 he had 35 wins. Senna had 27. Vettel currently has 22 (aged 25 obviously) and Prost had 21 at that age.

#1345 zk12

zk12

• 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:12

This was a master piece of intelligent driving. this was one of the best wins of a driver who won fighting two faster cars behind him.
simply awesome, simply alonso

#1346 Aerosoul

Aerosoul

• 82 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:14

What a brilliant driver. Never seen such a complete package in my short life

#1347 KavB

KavB

• 1,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:15

Don't forget the car...i.e., the Ferrari and his team. Alonso and Ferrari have been consistently fighting for victory this year. With that, I agree.

Yes, of course! Alonso wouldn't have been up there constantly if it weren't for the team. The team and Alonso have been maximising their chances at every race this year, apart from Canada I'd say.

#1348 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,662 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:15

30 wins in F1, such a great number :love:

Fernando love the numbers and if he wins the next race (big if):

31 years
31 wins
10 wins with Ferrari

Edited by kosmos, 22 July 2012 - 14:18.

#1349 andresitoiniesta

andresitoiniesta

• 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:16

He has a 34 point lead over Webber and 36 over Vettel. Obviously its far from over but he has built up a nice lead for himself and at least he can go into the summer break leading he championship. However a retirement for him and a win for a Red Bull and it'll be looking very different all of a sudden.

Yeah... Let´s see the opposite way. Another retirement for Vettel or Webber plus a victory by Alonso and the WDC will be over.

#1350 MrChisholm

MrChisholm

• 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 14:23

Kudos to you Sir!

And i have to say i'm sorry for Hamilton to have all these problems this year, not deserving at all, he has grown alot since last year as a person in my eyes.