Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#2001 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,350 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:37

I seriously doubt the "Fernando Alonso Official" on Facebook is a legit account.

On 19th of August "Fernando Official", "Casey Stoner Official" and "Jorge Lorenzo Official" all had this status "Blessed Feast of Ramadan, the Islamic world is all".

1, None of them are Muslim, and I've never seen a non-Muslim athlete talk about Ramadan all my life, sorry.

2, Jorge already has an official account named "Jorge Lorenzo"

3, This Alonso Official page on FB links to several other so-called official account of Robert Kubica and Lewis Hamilton, neither have talked about having official Facebook pages.

4, Given that Alonso and Hamilton have close to a million followers on Twitter and how many fans Messi, Ronaldo and LeBron have on Facebook... do you seriously believe that an official Alonso page on Facebook would have 45 000 fans or what it is?

5, The pictures are probably just hijacked from a Ferrari page or something.

Why don´t you check Alonso´s official website if you are unsure ?

http://www.fernandoalonso.com/

Advertisement

#2002 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:05

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/102069

Maybe Massa is biased too.

Maybe he is. It's probably sensible in the circumstances to say that Alonso has been exceptional otherwise it makes himself looks shite.

It just looks less like face saving because so many others agree.

#2003 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,539 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:07

I think that the pictures in his FB/twitter are real
Posted Image

#2004 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:26

The pictures are real on Facebook but it's not a page that Alonso controls.

If so the statuses on the very same day wouldn't be the same as those of pages dedicated to Stoner and Lorenzo.

#2005 prty

prty

• 5,221 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:57

If you see the background (left part) of his twitter account, it says he also has a Facebook page, with its url. Don't know if it's the same one you are talking about.

#2006 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 13:17

The pictures are real on Facebook but it's not a page that Alonso controls.

If so the statuses on the very same day wouldn't be the same as those of pages dedicated to Stoner and Lorenzo.

They would if they were all being run by the same PR service company.

#2007 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 13:24

They would if they were all being run by the same PR service company.

Except that Lorenzo has his own page with hundreds of thousands of followers that is personally written by himself...

If I'd start a Chuck Norris Official and post pics of Chuck in action it wouldn't mean Chuck approved the page or had anything do with it, mind. Anyone can start a fanpage on Facebook.

Edited by jeze, 31 August 2012 - 13:26.

#2008 HPT

HPT

• 1,234 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 14:47

Except that Lorenzo has his own page with hundreds of thousands of followers that is personally written by himself...

If I'd start a Chuck Norris Official and post pics of Chuck in action it wouldn't mean Chuck approved the page or had anything do with it, mind. Anyone can start a fanpage on Facebook.

As others have already said, there is a link to his facebook page on his twitter account, which we all know is real. And that link is the same one that you provided. Also, there is nothing on Aug 19th saying anything about Islam on his page. I just checked.

#2009 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 15:03

OMG :rotfl:

Posted Image

#2010 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 15:18

Posted Image

:lol: Best photo from today

#2011 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,134 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 15:37

Posted Image

Nice one! :up: :p :D

#2012 crespo

crespo

• 506 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 15:45

I *REALLY* hope we get to see a pic of him wearing that.

#2013 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 16:25

The driver can, I am sure, have as much or as little input as they want, but it is simply good practice to have a PR company overseeing the site to make sure stupid stuff doesn't happen.

Alonso is having a 'rest' before the start of practice, takes a photo of his junk and sends it to his current beau. Except he uploads to Facebook. OMG! By the time he gets back to his motorhome he's been blocked by every corporate firewall in the world. Thankfully, the PR company is there to catch him and took the photo down almost as quickly as it went up. It will be in their Christmas video.

They also update the status to keep all his Muslim, Christian and Jewish fans happy with little messages of goodwill at just the right time of the respective religious calendars.

#2014 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,350 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 17:09

I *REALLY* hope we get to see a pic of him wearing that.

http://instagram.com/p/O_5v67wakT/ :D

#2015 crespo

crespo

• 506 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 19:33

http://instagram.com/p/O_5v67wakT/ :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :up:

#2016 HPT

HPT

• 1,234 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:39

The driver can, I am sure, have as much or as little input as they want, but it is simply good practice to have a PR company overseeing the site to make sure stupid stuff doesn't happen.

Alonso is having a 'rest' before the start of practice, takes a photo of his junk and sends it to his current beau. Except he uploads to Facebook. OMG! By the time he gets back to his motorhome he's been blocked by every corporate firewall in the world. Thankfully, the PR company is there to catch him and took the photo down almost as quickly as it went up. It will be in their Christmas video.

They also update the status to keep all his Muslim, Christian and Jewish fans happy with little messages of goodwill at just the right time of the respective religious calendars.

The policing part I can understand, but Alonso has said that he will never let someone else writes statuses for him. So when something appears in twitter or facebook, it is from him. Now, whether you want to believe that or not is a different story, but judging from what I've seen so far there is no reason to doubt him.

#2017 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:06

Glass full I guess, we have Webber, Hamilton and Vettel behind, so that's good, but P6 it's not the best position to win the race, this looks like a race to race with the calculator in hand, let's hope for the best.

Edited by kosmos, 01 September 2012 - 13:39.

#2018 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:24

Glass full I guess, we have Webber, Kimi and Vettel behind, so that's good, but P6 it's not the best position to win the race, this looks like a race to race with the calculator in hand, let's hope for the best.

Please enlighten me how P4 is behind P6?

#2019 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:30

Yeah and why would Lorenzo have a so called "official" account posting the same thing when he actually already has one? I'm pretty sure there's a private user taking the piss and trolling people.

But he obviously is very good at finding pictures I must credit him for that.

It's essentially like Give Me Football has convinced 13 000 000 people that this is a "Steven Gerrard" page and so post Arsenal (!) transfer news on that one. Come on...

Advertisement

#2020 BruisedLee

BruisedLee

• 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:45

You don't have to be so pedantic.

#2021 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:03

If you are not smart enough to figure by yourself that I mixed Hamilton and Kimi names, maybe you don't deserve an answer, I guess you are having a bad day.

Edited by kosmos, 01 September 2012 - 14:03.

#2022 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,211 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:08

Glass full I guess, we have Webber, Hamilton and Vettel behind, so that's good, but P6 it's not the best position to win the race, this looks like a race to race with the calculator in hand, let's hope for the best.

Glass definitely full. Only Raikkonen ahead of him, and if Button takes away points in Spa and Monza (Jenson vowed to win those two races...) that's only good for Fernando. I love it, Fernando again in full stealth mode, but up there. Of course, he will have to be wary of Maldonado....

#2023 topical

topical

• 2,301 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:10

I'm worried about the first corner tomorrow, with such a tight entrance and maniacs like Maldonado and Koboyashi just up the road. However I've worried about the first corner at every race this year where Alonso hasn't started on pole and so far nothing's happened. A Button win tomorrow would be a fine result if Alonso could finish ahead of his other rivals.

#2024 BigWicks

BigWicks

• 750 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:10

I think more than anything, Alonso is going to be most pleased about the fact that the field is spread out the same as it was pre summer break, his points lead looks huge now.

#2025 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:16

A Button win tomorrow would be a fine result if Alonso could finish ahead of his other rivals.

Indeed, I'm ok with todays top 3, finishing where they are as long as Fernando keeps Hamilton or Kimi, or both behind. Tomorrow it's a race to use the head, the calculator and every inch of opportunism he has.

#2026 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:30

If you are not smart enough to figure by yourself that I mixed Hamilton and Kimi names, maybe you don't deserve an answer, I guess you are having a bad day.

If I had put a smiley after the Q mark would that have made a difference? FA did well but IMO talks about Alonso magic were at least a bit dented. That said tomorrow might turn things around - remind me if I don´t congratulate Fernando then.

#2027 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:49

If I had put a smiley after the Q mark would that have made a difference? FA did well but IMO talks about Alonso magic were at least a bit dented. That said tomorrow might turn things around - remind me if I don´t congratulate Fernando then.

Don't play games with me, it's not about Alonso or smiles and you know it. It's about being polite and not "jumping into others throats" for silly things. Carry on as you do anyway.

#2028 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:07

Don't play games with me, it's not about Alonso or smiles and you know it. It's about being polite and not "jumping into others throats" for silly things. Carry on as you do anyway.

Sorry if you took it that way. It was not meant to be snide.

#2029 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:10

Sorry if you took it that way. It was not meant to be snide.

OK, no problem, back to talk about Fernando Alonso.

#2030 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 741 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:28

Penalty for Maldonado, three places down :smoking:

#2031 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:31

Good I guess, Hamilton will think twice dealing with Maldonado, but we will have him behind too, let's hope for a rocket start :D.

#2032 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:31

The policing part I can understand, but Alonso has said that he will never let someone else writes statuses for him. So when something appears in twitter or facebook, it is from him. Now, whether you want to believe that or not is a different story, but judging from what I've seen so far there is no reason to doubt him.

Kind of so.

#2033 topical

topical

• 2,301 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:35

Good I guess, Hamilton will think twice dealing with Maldonado, but we will have him behind too, let's hope for a rocket start :D.

Does this mean Alonso up to 5th, Maldonado 6th, Hamilton 7th? I like that.

#2034 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:45

Yes.

#2035 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:58

:up: YES! like it!

#2036 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,956 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 16:07

You really wanna be that close to Pastor?

#2037 topical

topical

• 2,301 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 16:52

You really wanna be that close to Pastor?

I'll put it this way: I'd rather Alonso is 5th with Maldonado 6th and Hamilton 7th than Alonso 6th with Maldonado 3rd and Hamilton 7th. Now all Alonso needs is a reasonable start and he will be clear of two potential spots of trouble: Maldonado (who we all know is a menace and who Alonso would have otherwise had to pass) and Hamilton (who is less of a menace, but knows Alonso will not want to take unecessary risks so himself can afford to risk more if they are battling, and would otherwise be starting directly behind).

Koboyashi is also a maniac and Perez inexperienced, but I hope Sauber will tell them that they need the points and not to throw things away if battling with a faster car (assuming the Ferrari is faster in the race, which is of course no certainty).

So yes, I think this is better than the alternative.

Edited by topical, 01 September 2012 - 16:53.

#2038 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,691 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 16:57

I'll put it this way: I'd rather Alonso is 5th with Maldonado 6th and Hamilton 7th than Alonso 6th with Maldonado 3rd and Hamilton 7th. Now all Alonso needs is a reasonable start and he will be clear of two potential spots of trouble: Maldonado (who we all know is a menace and who Alonso would have otherwise had to pass) and Hamilton (who is less of a menace, but knows Alonso will not want to take unecessary risks so himself can afford to risk more if they are battling, and would otherwise be starting directly behind).

Koboyashi is also a maniac and Perez inexperienced, but I hope Sauber will tell them that they need the points and not to throw things away if battling with a faster car (assuming the Ferrari is faster in the race, which is of course no certainty).

So yes, I think this is better than the alternative.

Exactly this far better for Alonso, he's already staring at third place without the risk of Maldando doing any last minute chops, I hope the saubers are well behaved though if Alonso is faster (which might not be the case) and going for a pass.

Edited by RedOne, 01 September 2012 - 16:58.

#2039 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:01

I think more than anything, Alonso is going to be most pleased about the fact that the field is spread out the same as it was pre summer break, his points lead looks huge now.

It is too early to conclude that, I think, but the most worrying situation for Alonso would be if one of the better positioned drivers suddenly started a winning streak. I still think it is most likely to be Hamilton, but Kimi has to be watched too. The next two races will tell a lot. That points lead is not huge with 9 races left, but if he can keep a good lead as the races go by it will put more pressure on the others.

Wins for drivers like Button and Grosjean would help with damage limitation, and Button winning might also delay McLaren moving to a team orders scenario. I would be quite happy with a Button win tomorrow.

Advertisement

#2040 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:06

Alonso: "So if we want to win the championship we need to be quicker and improve the car.

"That is what we have to do now and our maximum concentration and effort is to do so."

#2041 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:07

As scary as it sounds to have Maldonado behind, Maldonado it's not stupid, after so many bad races with 0 points, he knows that he need a good race and bring home some good points, and this it's his chance, if he can't get the memo himself, Williams will do it for him. Also, even if it has nothing to do with the actual racing, Maldonado has a huge respect for Alonso and they are friendly, so I'm pretty sure that he will avoid unnecessary risks.

#2042 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:09

I think Kobayashi has a very good chance of winning the race tomorrow. The Sauber car can really hit a sweetspot in race conditions at tracks with multiple fast corners and this time he is already on the front row. A Koba win with Fernando third or fourth tomorrow (preferably ahead of Kimi) would be the dream result. Then again, I struggle to see how Kimi should be able to move forward due to his poor S1 time due to car set up and everything. He might be staggeringly quick tomorrow, but he might also lose out in S3 which wouldn't help him to be close enough to overtake in DRS zones.

1, Kobayashi
2, Button
3, Alonso
4, Räikkönen
5, Pérez
6, Hamilton

Not too unrealistic of a result...

#2043 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:13

As scary as it sounds to have Maldonado behind, Maldonado it's not stupid, after so many bad races with 0 points, he knows that he need a good race and bring home some good points, and this it's his chance, if he can't get the memo himself, Williams will do it for him. Also, even if it has nothing to do with the actual racing, Maldonado has a huge respect for Alonso and they are friendly, so I'm pretty sure that he will avoid unnecessary risks.

I do not share your optimism. I really think that if anything, stupid is exactly what PM is. If he was not, he would not make the same mistakes all over again and at least sometimes take the blame for himself. But as he seems to be incapable of accepting at least partial blame for ramming another car, he must be very thick. I worry for Freddie and Lewis.

#2044 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,539 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 17:33

I am scared of a collision at the start...

#2045 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,420 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 18:00

I do not share your optimism. I really think that if anything, stupid is exactly what PM is. If he was not, he would not make the same mistakes all over again and at least sometimes take the blame for himself. But as he seems to be incapable of accepting at least partial blame for ramming another car, he must be very thick. I worry for Freddie and Lewis.

We will see tomorrow, he has to learn at some point, let's hope he used the summer break to reflect.

#2046 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 18:45

I think Alonso can win tomorrow. The driver that should be the most difficult to overtake, Maldonado, has been demoted and after seeing Button's speed trap figures I don't think he is on that low a downforce setup.

#2047 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 741 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 18:53

I'm curious about strategy. Agressive at the start and then defend position through the race? Saving tyres and then pushing at the end of his stints?
I can't wait for the race to start :stoned:

Edited by Hanzo, 01 September 2012 - 18:55.

#2048 prty

prty

• 5,221 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:44

Read Alonso's interview in F1 racing today, really good read, would recommend it.

Was asked what life is lime at Ferrari compared to McLaren.
He said: they both exist to win, and both have different ways to do it, but you can guess which one has more warmth. :cool:

Said Ron Dennis wasn't on his Christmas card list when asked. Thought that was a bit of a troll question.

Was asked a really good question about how he keeps the tyres right, and says he doesn't use them too much at the start of stints.

For other questions I have forgotten (sorry) and analysis by Alan Permaine, Stefano, GA and many other the mag is brilliant, and one of the best issues.

Just read it, some answers were a bit strange:

Q: What went through your mind during your huge accident in Brazil in 2003?
A: Whenever you end up in the barriers or off the track you only ever have one thought, which is to do all you can not to get hurt. Danger is always part of our job as drivers, but it is not exclusive to us. Every day on the road, you see how much risk there is, which is why road safety education is so important, right from school age. We work on this with schools, through the foundation that bears my name and with the FIA.

Q: What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A: If you think about it, there are risks in so many daily activities, but precisely because we tackle those situations every day, they don't actually seem that dangerous. That's why I think it's important to ensure that from an early age kids understand the importance of road safety education or, on a completely different subject, vaccination against various illnesses, such as polio, which are becoming ever more widespread. These are two areas I feel very strongly about, and in my own small way I try to do something through my foundation or as an ambassador for UNICEF.

It's like if mid-sentence he was suddenly possessed by a politician soul. :confused:

#2049 SUPRAF1

SUPRAF1

• 366 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:48

Alonso is in a very good position. Quite lucky that even after qualifying 6th, all of his challengers for WDC are behind him, apart from Kimi :p.

#2050 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 22:04

Just read it, some answers were a bit strange:

It's like if mid-sentence he was suddenly possessed by a politician soul. :confused:

You don´t need to be politician to realize the roads are the most dangerous places in our lives and that the actions taken to cut that shit out are lazy and not enough. There´s still people trying to have fun out there and that´s really stupid.

Great from Alonso, if I had his influence and carisma, I´d be using it for this too.