• 471 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:31

http://www.timeandda... in Ferrari.com

Cheers mate

#2103 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:25

Live video chat tomorrow with Fernando. I hope they do it in the morning, I'm very busy after lunch.

Posted Image

Do you know that Ferrari is asking money to chat with Alonso?

#2104 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:41

Do you know that Ferrari is asking money to chat with Alonso?

Not really, they want people to become premiun users of the site, one of the things you can do when you are a premiun user it's to ask questions among many other things (store discounts...), sometimes you can ask even if you are a regular user. You don't have to pay to watch it. They are using the chat as a hook to get people sign for a premiun user account but they do this all the time.

It's not as dirty as "do you want to chat with Alonso?, pay 30€".

#2105 joshb

joshb

• 3,281 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:45

At lest he's got 2 good tracks coming up.
Monza- Ferrari will probably go well round there and he won there in 2010
Singapore- He always goes well round there. His qualy/race in 2010 to hold off a similarly inspired Seb was one of his most impressive events. The pair were 45 secs clear of 3rd despite a mid race SC.

#2106 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 14:39

kosmos there are 2 possibilities - either you break down and never deliver again or it makes you stronger. Like I was afraid of a crash in the first corner in Spa, I have the feeling that he will destroy them all in Monza now

Are you able to predict other things too?

#2107 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:19

Not really, they want people to become premiun users of the site, one of the things you can do when you are a premiun user it's to ask questions among many other things (store discounts...), sometimes you can ask even if you are a regular user. You don't have to pay to watch it. They are using the chat as a hook to get people sign for a premiun user account but they do this all the time.

It's not as dirty as "do you want to chat with Alonso?, pay 30€".

Thanks for the info, kosmos. would love to know his insight into any new parts coming.

#2108 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,469 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:52

topical no I just had this bad feeling prior to the Spa start that Fernando will end up in the first corner. And why so optimistic for Monza? All things happen for a reason and if there is justice in this world there must happen something very positive soon

#2109 John Player

John Player

• 426 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:57

I hope his driving doesnt change.

#2110 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 17:12

Did someone watched the chat?, I'm still waiting for Ferrari to upload it, they already have the page up but not the video, but I found this on youtube.

#2111 Lights

Lights

• 9,414 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 17:24

Gutted he lost 18 points to Vettel. Good to read Fernando is already 100% again and I hope the same counts for his car once they rebuild it.

Edited by Lights, 04 September 2012 - 17:24.

#2112 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 18:17

The chat can be watched here: http://www.ferrari.c...hat-alonso.aspx

Cool chat, some people need to burn in their brain what he said about the setup of the car, before speaking about some things about Massa. I did know that he had all the F1 cars he drove, but he also had all the karts and cars from smaller formulas, the museum is going to be impressive.

Regarding Grosjean, he said that they have a very good relationship and Grosjean texted him and they don't have any problem at all.

Edited by kosmos, 04 September 2012 - 18:18.

#2113 redbarron

redbarron

• 299 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 21:48

I remember an interview with Grosjean on The Flying Lap just before he was announced for Lotus, he said that he had learnt a lot from Alonso being his team mate, and that they were friends. I would imagine he was pretty gutted to have taken him out, and wiping so may points from his lead from such stupidity.

I'm glad it's a week turn around. Hopefully Monza will put a smile back on our faces :)

#2114 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 22:02

The chat can be watched here: http://www.ferrari.c...hat-alonso.aspx

Cool chat, some people need to burn in their brain what he said about the setup of the car, before speaking about some things about Massa. I did know that he had all the F1 cars he drove, but he also had all the karts and cars from smaller formulas, the museum is going to be impressive.

Regarding Grosjean, he said that they have a very good relationship and Grosjean texted him and they don't have any problem at all.

Sorry for not getting this, but what does this mean?
Did he say something obvious?

#2115 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:50

Setup of the car not very different between him and Felipe, at the end of the day what it works for Felipe it works for him and vice versa, if he uses Felipe setup in one race, or Felipe uses his setup, they will not notice a big difference. On Friday Felipe test some things or setup direction, he test other things and at night the put everything in common, and they try to be happy both.

With this and other things he has said in the past, it's clear that Fernando trust in Felipe's ability to setup and develop a car, Felipe is not as useless as people like to think.

They got 4041 questions received during the 26-minute video chat :eek: .

#2116 as65p

as65p

• 17,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:03

I remember an interview with Grosjean on The Flying Lap just before he was announced for Lotus, he said that he had learnt a lot from Alonso being his team mate, and that they were friends. I would imagine he was pretty gutted to have taken him out, and wiping so may points from his lead from such stupidity.

I found it very remarkable that Alonso specifically refused to have a go at Grosjean after the incident, it must have been tempting.  ;)

#2117 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:12

Interview with CNN.

#2118 rko281

rko281

• 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:39

I found it very remarkable that Alonso specifically refused to have a go at Grosjean after the incident, it must have been tempting.;)

I've read that he initially thought the blame was on both HAM and GRO:

"After the race an Italian journalist gleefully told the BBC team that Fernando thought the massive accident into La Source was Hamilton's fault. Then you thought "ah no, that was just a wind-up". But then Fernando comes out with sentences like: "I think they (Romain and Lewis) had a battle and they are two aggressive drivers on the start."

Not really. It's pretty obvious what happened. Lewis gets a slow start drives straight for the corner, doesn't deviate from his line, which is about 40cm from the edge of the track, and Romain comes swinging across and crashes into him. That is not a "battle" and that is not Hamilton being aggressive. He couldn't possibly have put a wheel on the grass under braking, he was driving straight. And he couldn't have anticipated that Grosjean was going to keep coming like the Mclaren wasn't there (which is what Grosjean thought, he believed he was past Lewis)"

So even if for the fans is entertaining to hear the driver's comments right away, maybe it's for the best that some are more reserved because not even they can know all the time what happened exactly. The TV replays are the best way to see who's fault is it.

Even in this BB, seconds after the crash people starting calling for Hamilton head and after the replays were shown, everybody cooled down. It's the same with the drivers.

Edited by rko281, 05 September 2012 - 12:39.

#2119 as65p

as65p

• 17,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:00

"After the race an Italian journalist gleefully told the BBC team that Fernando thought the massive accident into La Source was Hamilton's fault. Then you thought "ah no, that was just a wind-up". But then Fernando comes out with sentences like: "I think they (Romain and Lewis) had a battle and they are two aggressive drivers on the start."

Not really.[i]

But yes. There is nothing wrong with that sentence, it was a battle between LH and RG, both are known to be agressive drivers, what's there to disagree? For a first comment after the event, it was pretty tame of Alonso, considering what he'd just been through. Of course Alonso learned more later whose fault it really was after looking at the replays, like all of us.

However, the smartest decision in all this has to be Hamiltons, declining to comment at all. :)

Advertisement

#2120 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:09

Not really. It's pretty obvious what happened. Lewis gets a slow start drives straight for the corner, doesn't deviate from his line, which is about 40cm from the edge of the track, and Romain comes swinging across and crashes into him. That is not a "battle" and that is not Hamilton being aggressive. He couldn't possibly have put a wheel on the grass under braking, he was driving straight. And he couldn't have anticipated that Grosjean was going to keep coming like the Mclaren wasn't there (which is what Grosjean thought, he believed he was past Lewis)"

So even if for the fans is entertaining to hear the driver's comments right away, maybe it's for the best that some are more reserved because not even they can know all the time what happened exactly. The TV replays are the best way to see who's fault is it.

Even in this BB, seconds after the crash people starting calling for Hamilton head and after the replays were shown, everybody cooled down. It's the same with the drivers.

Looks like BS to me, BS writted by planetf1, he never blamed anyone in the PC, not in english, not in spanish, not in italian, he only said the obvious, that Hamilton and Grosjean are two aggresive drivers, more aggresivity, more chances of accidents, he even said in the spanish PC that probably they couldn't brake on time (because it was a fast accident). Also, I find impossible to believe that a professional driver could blame Hamilton after watching the images when it's clear that it was Grosjean the one moving aggresively to the right and touching Hamilton when Hamilton was going just straight. The bit on BBC it's just BS or a misuderstanding with the Italian journalist.

#2121 rko281

rko281

• 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:16

Looks like BS to me, BS writted by planetf1, he never blamed anyone in the PC, not in english, not in spanish, not in italian, he only said the obvious, that Hamilton and Grosjean are two aggresive drivers, more aggresivity, more chances of accidents, he even said in the spanish PC that probably they couldn't brake on time (because it was a fast accident). Also, I find impossible to believe that a professional driver could blame Hamilton after watching the images when it's clear that it was Grosjean the one moving aggresively to the right and touching Hamilton when Hamilton was going just straight. The bit on BBC it's just BS or a misuderstanding with the Italian journalist.

Agreed, and that is also my point. That even the drivers need to see the replays so that they can have a correct opinion about what happened. And that's why I don't like what journalists try to imply and really like the drivers that can hold back a little in the heat of the moment until they see exactly what happened.

Edited by rko281, 05 September 2012 - 13:16.

#2122 as65p

as65p

• 17,280 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 19:23

To probably seal this little sub-topic:

Alonso said he bore Romain Grosjean no ill feeling for his early exit from the Belgian Grand Prix, explaining that he had accepted the Frenchman's apology.

Asked if he had heard from Grosjean, Alonso said: "Yes. I have a very good relationship with Grosjean, we were team-mates at Renault and after the accident he sent me a SMS.

"He didn't calculate the distance and the problems, it was many factors together and he felt so sorry for the accident.

"I answered 'no problem.' We will see each other again in Singapore, it was all fine.

#2123 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:57

Never saw Fernando like this. Reborn...

Posted Image

Posted Image

His today's comment on FB: "There are no victories in the war without a scar, no rainbow without the rain ..! See you in Monza!"

Well, he was in a more dangerous risk back in Brazil, 2003...

#2124 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:56

Fernando it's on todays press conference. 15:00 CET.

#2125 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:30

rko281, when you cut-paste from another website, at least have the decency to cite it. and I recommend a source slightly better than PF1, seriously...

Edited by bmardini, 06 September 2012 - 09:31.

#2126 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:55

Alonso is the true ice man with an ice car!!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...t=UL7hhwA6MKJSQ

Alonso: "Where is the diffuser?" :rotfl:

Another one making tattoos.

http://www.youtube.c...t=UL-Q8wzzaJbfI

Edited by kosmos, 06 September 2012 - 12:24.

#2127 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:49

Q: (Naoise Holohan - Manipe F1) Given the successes of Fernando Alonso during the course of his career and how he's driving this year, can I get the opinion of everybody on the question of him being the greatest driver of his generation?

Christian Horner: I think it's always very difficult to compare drivers across generations. You have to look at the equipment at their disposal, who their competitors were at that time. Fernando, for sure, is one of the all-time great drivers in Formula One but I personally find it very hard to judge where and how you compare different generations. There are generations which we didn't even see which only people as old as Bob (Constanduros, moderator) would remember and I think it's very difficult to judge drivers from different generations.

Eric Boullier: I do share what my colleague next to me has said. It's clear that it's difficult to judge and compare different generations. What we can say today is that in the career of a driver you have different phases and I would say that Fernando is at the top of his form today.

Pat Fry: He's obviously an outstanding driver, isn't he? I had the pleasure of working with him in 2007 and again now. I think I would agree that it's hard to actually compare even drivers in different cars. What is the actual performance of the car? The only driver you can really compare to is your teammate because you have like-for-like tools. He's certainly at the top of his game this year

Franz Tost: From the arithmetical point of view it's Michael Schumacher because he won seven titles and then Fangio, Prost, Senna and because these drivers have done the best job or did the best job during their career and to compare drivers within different periods of time is simply not possible.

Monisha Kaltenborn: As it has been said, each time was so different that it is indeed so difficult to compare, but I think it's highly impressive in a season that despite all the different winners and things like that, Fernando has been so consistent, always just bringing the car home and getting all those points. It's extremely impressive, the way he's doing it.

#2128 as65p

as65p

• 17,280 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:49

Alonso is the true ice man with an ice car!!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...t=UL7hhwA6MKJSQ

Alonso: "Where is the diffuser?" :rotfl:

Another one making tattoos.

http://www.youtube.c...t=UL-Q8wzzaJbfI

I like the diffuser area in the second clip. :blush:

#2129 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:33

More interesting thing:

Really interseting video with Diego Loverno (Ferrari Operations Director) that gives you an idea how much Ferrari loves Fernando and the way he works behind the scenes.

http://tinypic.com/r/oh94jm/6

Some stuff from Massa El mundo deportivo (Spanish)

"I will help Fernando even if I don't have a contract for 2013. I'm a professional and act like one. The F2012 is not winning car but Fernando has done a perfect job". He said that Fernando has done only 3 mistakes this year.

Todt reveals Alonso’s 2000 ‘betrayal’

Nothing new, it's a well know story. I can't be more happy that Fernando decided to go to Renault, Todt probably only wanted a high quality lapdog for Schumacher and at the end Alonso is on Ferrari with a much better and fair team principal.

Edited by kosmos, 08 September 2012 - 08:40.

#2130 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:47

So Alonso was 1st for Ferrari after all. :)

#2131 BruisedLee

BruisedLee

• 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:29

Nothing new, it's a well know story. I can't be more happy that Fernando decided to go to Renault, Todt probably only wanted a high quality lapdog for Schumacher and at the end Alonso is on Ferrari with a much better and fair team principal.

Quite interesting. Thanks for the link.

#2132 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:30

Let's get that front row for tomorrrow and let the rest deal with that first corner. :clap:

#2133 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:34

More interesting thing:

Really interseting video with Diego Loverno (Ferrari Operations Director) that gives you an idea how much Ferrari loves Fernando and the way he works behind the scenes.

http://tinypic.com/r/oh94jm/6

Some stuff from Massa El mundo deportivo (Spanish)

The missing information was that Todt asked Alonso to use his lawyers to break his current contract so Todt would get better pricing. Alonso did not want to betray his contract holder.

Edited by fabr68, 08 September 2012 - 10:34.

#2134 IamFasterthanU

IamFasterthanU

• 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:09

Hmm finally the guy deemed infallible faltered or was it a genuine car problem??

#2135 Junky

Junky

• 281 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:10

Hmm finally the guy deemed infallible faltered or was it a genuine car problem??

Alonso: "It was the day easier to make a pole. We had a problem we should have avoided!

#2136 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:13

The fact that he was .08 down in S2 and lost nearly a further full second in S3 suggests it probably was a car problem.

#2137 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:13

Let's get that front row for tomorrrow and let the rest deal with that first corner. :clap:

Oh well...
He just said something was broken in his car in Q3 but they know the problem and it will be solved for tomorrow. How can that be possible if the car is in parc fermé?

#2138 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:14

Disaster, too much danger at the start again, with all the important guys in front. If it's true that the problem was the car, there is nothing more to say or anything Fernando can't do.

#2139 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:17

Let's try to look on the bright side. If he doesn't get punted off at T1 and can finish ahead of the Red Bulls (which is surely possible) he might yet leave Monza with a bigger lead than he took into it.

Let's try and dream: Massa makes a lightning start and jumps both McLarens. Alonso makes a lightning start is P5 at the end of lap 1. He could still fight for the victory.

And then there's the nightmare: puncture or front wing ripped off in turn 1.

Advertisement

#2140 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,605 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:21

Oh well...
He just said something was broken in his car in Q3 but they know the problem and it will be solved for tomorrow. How can that be possible if the car is in parc fermé?

Because they can replace a broken part on the car with an identical one, you can't just send a car out which is clearly broken can you.

Edited by RedOne, 08 September 2012 - 13:23.

#2141 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:30

Because they can replace a broken part on the car with an identical one, you can't just send a car out which is clearly broken can you.

I though he would have to start from the pitlane if he would change something, my mistake. It does not look that bad, then, apart from the problems at the two chicanes on the first lap tomorrow.

Tweet:
Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial
After the qualy, we miss the fight for "pole" with a failure..! I think tomorrow will be a perfect day to recover some good positions..;))

Edited by Hanzo, 08 September 2012 - 13:31.

#2142 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 15:02

OK, so worst case scenario, the race finish this way:

1-HAM
2-BUT
3-VET
4-RAI

DNF-ALO

The score table will look like this:

-Fernando Alonso 164
-Sebastian Vettel 155 (-9)
-Kimi Räikkönen 143 (-21)
-Lewis Hamilton 142 (-22)

With Massa up there having "the chance of his life" and of course with Vettel and Kimi performance in the race being a big "IF", there is a high chance of things ending in a better note. Then we have Fernando itself, from DNF to a "miraculous" podium, it's really impossible to predict.

I have a good feeling, even if everything goes wrong in this race :up:

#2143 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:03

Fernando from 10th in 2006 with Renault.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfy9tk3o-I0&#t=3m15s

#2144 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 2,131 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:10

Fernando from 10th in 2006 with Renault.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfy9tk3o-I0&#t=3m15s

Ferrari's 2006 race at Monza was great, Alonso's not so much. Let's hope we'll see a repeat of the former rather than the latter.;)

Disappointing result today, in any case. Ferrari seemed very confident even afterwards though, so I'm hoping a top 5 finish is possible tomorrow. Alonso will need Massa to take many points off of his direct competitors, and from third, Massa has the best chance he's had all year to do just that.

Edited by Nonesuch, 08 September 2012 - 16:12.

#2145 turssi

turssi

• 1,224 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:36

Alonso will lead the wdc after the European season is over. Whether it will be by 10 or 25 points we will know tomorrow.

And with Singapore (Fernando's to win) and Brazil (Ferrari track) on the calendar he has good potential to make it a triple in 2012!

#2146 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:07

Bad luck for him today--I feel he would've at least been on the front row with a car in good health. Hopefully he'll have better luck in the race tomorrow--the first turn is going to be a trip.

#2147 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,560 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:49

Hey Fernando! Being tested again like the beginning of the season these past couple of weeks!

BIG DIFFERENCE is you have a VERY FAST F2012 now, and you LEAD THE CHAMPIONSHIP! :cool:

I know you will remain determined and focused and get the best possible result. As you always say, they hand out the points on Sunday! :up:

NOW GO GIVE THEM HELL! :mad:

Edited by PoleMan, 08 September 2012 - 17:51.

#2148 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:54

Alonso will lead the wdc after the European season is over. Whether it will be by 10 or 25 points we will know tomorrow.

And with Singapore (Fernando's to win) and Brazil (Ferrari track) on the calendar he has good potential to make it a triple in 2012!

Don't sell the bear skin without hunting it first :)

#2149 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:24

That first turn is going to be crucial.

#2150 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,469 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:24

I was not watching but heard on the radio after Q2 that it will be a tough battle between Hamilton and Alonso... the bigger the disappointment now. It seems to be f***ing up already 2 GPs in a row