Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#2201 Stuntflyer

Stuntflyer

• 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:41

Alonso now has the same amount of podiums as Ayrton Senna. 80!! Albeit with 29 more starts. :clap:

Thanks to Massa! :clap:

Advertisement

#2202 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:42

Please take Alonso/Raikkonen to a separate thread. Reading the same arguments over and over is boring.

So we just have accept everything at face value? The higher than expected tyre deg fits nicely to a slight team error. They should´ve known better.

The temperature was higher than any other point during the weekend which will have contributed.

Edited by toxicfusion, 09 September 2012 - 17:42.

#2203 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,013 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:43

Yes, thanks to him not crashing into Alonso when the other Ferrari was overtaking him, as Alonso was clearly faster. Apparently, only a crash between teammates would satisfy some!  ;)

#2204 InfectedPumpkin

InfectedPumpkin

• 535 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:45

Kubica on Fernando Alonso

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#2205 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:45

The 2012 Kimi does a much better job than the one who drove for Ferrari that has to be said. He also seems more motivated than at Ferrari where he seemed more fussed about the pay-check than digging really deep. I also think the Formula 1 with no refuelling and with sensitive tyres are better suited to Kimi than the 2009 version of the sport. But comparing a driver that got beaten by Massa on points (2007-Hungary 2009) to the driver that still could end Felipe's F1 career is a bit over the top.

I'm a Ferrari fan not a Fernando fan and I support the Ferrari drivers that deserve it. Michael and Fernando have been true greats for Ferrari, while I expected much more from Kimi, especially since the 2007 and 2008 cars had lots of downforce.

Did you fail to notice that most of the comments were from Ferrari employees? They do not agree with the alleged lack of motivation. Your claim that Kimi would be more concerned about getting paid than delivering the goods is nothing short of insulting.

#2206 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 648 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:00

Of course! Alonso is lucky Massa is in Ferrari. All those overtakes on Di Resta, Kobayashi, Raikkonen, Schumacher and Vettel were easy, having to overtake Massa would have been something near to impossible :lol:

#2207 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:02

Did you fail to notice that most of the comments were from Ferrari employees? They do not agree with the alleged lack of motivation. Your claim that Kimi would be more concerned about getting paid than delivering the goods is nothing short of insulting.

Can we please keep Kimi out of this thread....

Great damage limitation today from Fernando, the more since his car had some severe damage after Vettel's stunt. I liked the race, but Fernando needs a race win- Singapore is coming up! Vamos!

#2208 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,425 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:16

Alonso trying his job after F1

Posted Image

#2209 evol88

evol88

• 43 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:19

Great drive from Fred today. Shame Perez couldn't hunt down LH to reduce the amount of points he scored, we're in a good position in the championship - another DNF in-hand. How do we think the Ferrari will perform in Singapore?

#2210 Stuntflyer

Stuntflyer

• 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:21

Yes, thanks to him not crashing into Alonso when the other Ferrari was overtaking him, as Alonso was clearly faster. Apparently, only a crash between teammates would satisfy some! ;)

No doubt, Alonso is always faster than anyone else! Especially when he rushes at full speed through roadside, screaming to Domi on outrageous breach of all limits by Vettel!! :lol:

Edited by Stuntflyer, 09 September 2012 - 23:07.

#2211 Jolkins

Jolkins

• 56 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 18:26

The 2012 Kimi does a much better job than the one who drove for Ferrari that has to be said. He also seems more motivated than at Ferrari where he seemed more fussed about the pay-check than digging really deep. I also think the Formula 1 with no refuelling and with sensitive tyres are better suited to Kimi than the 2009 version of the sport. But comparing a driver that got beaten by Massa on points (2007-Hungary 2009) to the driver that still could end Felipe's F1 career is a bit over the top.

I'm a Ferrari fan not a Fernando fan and I support the Ferrari drivers that deserve it. Michael and Fernando have been true greats for Ferrari, while I expected much more from Kimi, especially since the 2007 and 2008 cars had lots of downforce.

So just let me get this straight - winning a championship in the 3 seasons he had with Ferrari isn't enough? I guess you're one of those unappreciative types. Gotta love this! :rotfl:

Yes, thanks to him not crashing into Alonso when the other Ferrari was overtaking him, as Alonso was clearly faster. Apparently, only a crash between teammates would satisfy some! ;)

So the sudden loss of power on Felipe's car was caused by the pure skill of Fernando, right?! Apparently for some swapping positions isn't enough - they need to boast about the "amazing overtake" :lol:

Don't get me wrong - I do support Fernando, but these fanboyism saturated comments are just ridiculous!

Edited by Jolkins, 09 September 2012 - 18:35.

#2212 Stuntflyer

Stuntflyer

• 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:05

Of course! Alonso is lucky Massa is in Ferrari. All those overtakes on Di Resta, Kobayashi, Raikkonen, Schumacher and Vettel were easy, having to overtake Massa would have been something near to impossible :lol:

It seems like I missed something. What wheel of the car has Massa been driving at this race? VJM05, C31, E20, W03, RB8 or the same that Aloso drove? :lol:

#2213 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 648 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:16

It seems like I missed something. What wheel of the car has Massa been driving at this race? VJM05, C31, E20, W03, RB8 or the same that Aloso drove? :lol:

Are you suggesting that a driver with no championship hopes should try to keep his current WDC leader team mate behind ? Pass me some of that thing you are smoking :smoking:

Edited by Hanzo, 09 September 2012 - 19:18.

#2214 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:20

Are you suggesting that a driver with no championship hopes should try to keep his current WDC leader team mate behind ? Pass me some of that thing you are smoking :smoking:

There is nothing wrong with letting a team-mate pass unless the team-mate in question is Fernando Alonso. End of discussion.

#2215 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:32

whats with all this hatred, alonso passed the ones he needed to put himself behind massa, not alonsos fault massa wasnt able to stay ahead of button and challenge hamilton, are people stupid or what, do they they expect smedley to tell massa to block alonso at all cost

#2216 evol88

evol88

• 43 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:34

Who cares? Team orders are legal, and FA is by far in the best position of the 2 Ferrari drivers for the title. They'd be idiots to order their drivers to hold position or risk taking each other out in a crazy battle.

#2217 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:37

There is nothing wrong with letting a team-mate pass unless the team-mate in question is Fernando Alonso. End of discussion.

Yup, that's pretty much the logic here. :|

whats with all this hatred, alonso passed the ones he needed to put himself behind massa, not alonsos fault massa wasnt able to stay ahead of button and challenge hamilton, are people stupid or what, do they they expect smedley to tell massa to block alonso at all cost

Agree. Thats what I said on the race day thread and I got people saying that I couldn't be serious and blah blah...

Fact is that Alonso started 10th and Massa 3rd. Massa should have been able to keep the gap to a reasonable stent in orther to not be catched by Alonso. But he did not, so why compromising the WDC? RBR would have swapped positions too.

Edited by Creepy, 09 September 2012 - 19:40.

#2218 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:45

Yup, that's pretty much the logic here. :|

Agree. Thats what I said on the race day thread and I got people saying that I couldn't be serious and blah blah...

Fact is that Alonso started 10th and Massa 3rd. Massa should have been able to keep the gap to a reasonable stent in orther to not be catched by Alonso. But he did not, so why compromising the WDC? RBR would have swapped positions too.

Watching the live timings I rather got the impression he wasn't allowed to. He was very racey in the first stint and that all changed as soon as Alonso was behind him.

#2219 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,588 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:49

Who cares? Team orders are legal, and FA is by far in the best position of the 2 Ferrari drivers for the title. They'd be idiots to order their drivers to hold position or risk taking each other out in a crazy battle.

I agree, but Smedley made it sound as if they were doing something illegal. That made me cringe a lot. Would have preferred if Smedley had told Massa in a straight way, and if Massa needed less pampering and would take it like a man. There's nothing controversial about it, Massa has 35 or so points, and Alonso 170.

Advertisement

#2220 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,588 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:51

Watching the live timings I rather got the impression he wasn't allowed to. He was very racey in the first stint and that all changed as soon as Alonso was behind him.

He was not allowed to beat Hamilton to the win? Seems unlikely, since 1. Massa, 2. Hamilton, 3. Alonso would have been better for Alonso in the WDC table than 1. Hamilton, 2. Alonso, 3. Massa. (Let's disregard Perez because I don't think anyone saw that coming)

Edit: And if it was only because of team orders as you say, Massa would certainly have followed home close to Alonso instead of losing IIRC 9 seconds to him.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 09 September 2012 - 19:57.

#2221 Massa

Massa

• 4,163 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:57

Q: (Fabrizio Corgnati - 422 race.com) To Sergio, do you think your overtaking on Fernando will hurt your chances to be in Ferrari next year?

SP: Ask him. I don't know. I'm sure… I'm not at all… I'm fighting for my team and will always fight for the team that I'm in. I will always give my maximum I can. And I will fight any driver, no matter if it's Fernando or Lewis, I will fight for my team to get the result - and I think every driver will do the same.

OMG, WTF with this question ?

#2222 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 20:00

But Alonso managed to get behind him. Massa was in a position to not let that happen taking into account he started 3rd and Alonso 10th.

Ferrari would have cu... I mean, would have been very happy if Massa had pushed for the win. It would have been much better for Alonso (and the WCC) so I don't see why they wouldn't allow him to do so.

Problem for Massa is that he suffered degradation earlier in the race, maybe because being too "racey"? I don't know but it was when Button overtook him and Massa had to go to pits earlier... And since he went to pits earlier, he suffered from degradation earlier than Alonso by the end of the race. I agree the swapping was real, lol, I'm not that cynical, but I don't think Massa wasn't allowed to push.

Edited by Creepy, 09 September 2012 - 20:01.

#2223 Stuntflyer

Stuntflyer

• 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 20:30

I suggest that the "terminator" shouldn't have been screaming and shaking by fists after crossing the finish line as if he would win the race, but in fact just being alowed to pass the team mate for the third place. :lol:
I'm afraid you will be disapointed, but I quit smoking as long ago that forgot in which year really. :)

#2224 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,588 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 20:32

I suggest that the "terminator" shouldn't have been screaming and shaking by fists after crossing the finish line as if he would win the race, but in fact just being alowed to pass the team mate for the third place. :lol:

I'm pretty sure you'll find he was excited because he made another huge step toward the WDC after a very difficult weekend.

#2225 as65p

as65p

• 17,027 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 20:41

He was not allowed to beat Hamilton to the win? Seems unlikely, since 1. Massa, 2. Hamilton, 3. Alonso would have been better for Alonso in the WDC table than 1. Hamilton, 2. Alonso, 3. Massa. (Let's disregard Perez because I don't think anyone saw that coming)

Edit: And if it was only because of team orders as you say, Massa would certainly have followed home close to Alonso instead of losing IIRC 9 seconds to him.

Nah, the 9 seconds were just yet again Massa being mentally broken after having to let Alonso through. Alternatively it was a sudden temporary outburst of the after-effects from Hungary 2009.

;)

#2226 Went

Went

• 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 21:16

You make it sound as if he had started fourth, right behind Massa, and the only thing he had done in the entire race was swapping positions with him. :\

I mean, in case you turned the TV on after lap 40, there was more to the race than that.

Edited by Went, 09 September 2012 - 21:16.

#2227 Lights

Lights

• 9,304 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 23:01

The way he overtook Kobayashi in Parabolica and then Raikkonen in a matter of seconds made my mouth fall open. This guy deserves this championship, the question is if he's going to get it. Has to keep bringing in podiums.

#2228 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 648 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:39

I quit smoking as long ago that forgot in which year really. :)

Good for you! Congrats!

Maybe I´m wrong, but he probably did not wave his fist just for being third, but also as relief for being able to finish the race with points this weekend.
This weekend there was too many moments when I though it was all over: The engine problem, the gear problem, then the antiroll bar in qualy... And in the race I thought he would not scape from the grass, and I also thought the team would stop him for safety when they all looked so worry about losing telemetry and communications...

Not only he is "Terminator", he is also a "Born Survivor" :lol:

#2229 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:54

Yeah, I feared a DNF as well after his joust with Vettel. Glad to see him picking up some more points, but it looks like McLaren is the team to beat right now.

#2230 teejay

teejay

• 3,549 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:12

As a Lewis fan, can I say well done to Fernando for his drive yesterday. Aggressive when needed, measured when needed. 10th to the podium would have been satisfying.

#2231 FSLIV

FSLIV

• 561 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:14

Regardless of whether Massa let him pass or not, FA would have passed him eventually. Massa's tires appeared to fall off faster than FA.

#2232 Motorbreath

Motorbreath

• 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:33

Regardless of whether Massa let him pass or not, FA would have passed him eventually. Massa's tires appeared to fall off faster than FA.

Exactly... There were no team orders, Massa was just slower at that point and choose not to fight with his team mate, the championship leader.

#2233 Stuntflyer

Stuntflyer

• 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:03

Exactly... There were no team orders, Massa was just slower at that point and choose not to fight with his team mate, the championship leader.

The main point is that you would believe in this yourself. :lol:

#2234 Jolkins

Jolkins

• 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:21

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#2235 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:30

Don't be silly, I don't have any doubt that Fernando could have passed him but Massa slowed down and let Fernando pass, Smedley told him two times on the radio. It was team work as expected when you have one driver fighting for the title and the other so far away, there is no shame to recognize it, even if you are a fan of Alonso.

#2236 Motorbreath

Motorbreath

• 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:49

Don't be silly, I don't have any doubt that Fernando could have passed him but Massa slowed down and let Fernando pass, Smedley told him two times on the radio. It was team work as expected when you have one driver fighting for the title and the other so far away, there is no shame to recognize it, even if you are a fan of Alonso.

I agree with all you said, but the team did not instruct Massa to go slower at any point of the race just because he had Alonso behind him. I am sure Massa drove his ass off until Alonso came within the DRS zone when he backed off to let Alonso pass without any risk. Rob Smedley was telling Massa he had Alonso behind him and not to do anything that would put both drivers in risk. Thats my point. I am just saying there were no team orders that instructed Massa to go slower than he could at any point of the race bar that point when Alonso was in the DRS zone and Massa let him through without fight.

#2237 as65p

as65p

• 17,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:54

I agree with all you said, but the team did not instruct Massa to go slower at any point of the race just because he had Alonso behind him. I am sure Massa drove his ass off until Alonso came within the DRS zone when he backed off to let Alonso pass without any risk. Rob Smedley was telling Massa he had Alonso behind him and not to do anything that would put both drivers in risk. Thats my point. I am just saying there were no team orders that instructed Massa to go slower than he could at any point of the race bar that point when Alonso was in the DRS zone and Massa let him through without fight.

While 2010 left some things to argue about, this year it's all as clear cut as it gets. The only scenario Massa will finish a race directly in front of Alonso is after the latter has become WDC. Everything else would be stupid, and in a (points-wise) similar scenario it would be exactly the same at every other team on the grid.

#2238 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:04

But Alonso managed to get behind him. Massa was in a position to not let that happen taking into account he started 3rd and Alonso 10th.

Ferrari would have cu... I mean, would have been very happy if Massa had pushed for the win. It would have been much better for Alonso (and the WCC) so I don't see why they wouldn't allow him to do so.

Problem for Massa is that he suffered degradation earlier in the race, maybe because being too "racey"? I don't know but it was when Button overtook him and Massa had to go to pits earlier... And since he went to pits earlier, he suffered from degradation earlier than Alonso by the end of the race. I agree the swapping was real, lol, I'm not that cynical, but I don't think Massa wasn't allowed to push.

How so? Massa had two quick McLarens in front of him. Yes, he was racy at the start, but how was he to keep Alonso from being able to reach 4th position which is behind him???

Massa did quite well. Yes, he had to concede the position. If I were him, I'd cruise from there if 4th position was guaranteed while doing so and leave Alonso to go off. It would fit the 'story' of his tires going off, allowing Alonso to catch up and pass. :cool:

#2239 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,119 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:14

Could be right, but how do you know for sure?

Advertisement

#2240 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:25

Posted Image

Edited by kosmos, 10 September 2012 - 11:27.

#2241 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,090 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:00

While 2010 left some things to argue about, this year it's all as clear cut as it gets. The only scenario Massa will finish a race directly in front of Alonso is after the latter has become WDC. Everything else would be stupid, and in a (points-wise) similar scenario it would be exactly the same at every other team on the grid.

Agree. It would be senseless to let them race as it is senseless for Mclaren to let Jenson and Lewis race. Jenson has to be rear gunner now as it's going to be a proper show down between Alonso and Hamilton, something which most of us on here have been waiting for, for a long time now. It's especially tantalising due to the respect they have for one another this season, both clearly view the other as the contender for best driver on the grid and it'll be fascinating to see who comes out on top. a 37 pt gap with 7 races to go is nothing and two more weekends like this for Lewis and he'll be right on top of FA. It's sad to say but I suspect that factors beyond the drivers control will have a massive bearing on the outcome. A puncture or pastor crash will help decide where the championship ends up. Don't count out the iceman either...

#2242 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,588 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:56

two more weekends like this for Lewis and he'll be right on top of FA.

Not to be nitpicky, but two more weekends like this and Alonso will still lead Hamilton by 27 points, more than the points awarded for a win. Which is not to say that the current gap is reason to think the WDC is in the bag, it's not, but there is no need to conjure up concern by understating Alonso's advantage either.

#2243 juandiego

juandiego

• 390 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 13:06

Could be right, but how do you know for sure?

Hi Clatter.
No one knows for sure; but checking lap-times:
  • Massa did not slow down when Alonso overtook Vettel. Massa slowed down some laps after he was overtaken by Pérez, who began to go much faster than both Massa and Alonso from lap 31 on. Massa was not capable of improving his lap-times after being overtaken by Alonso despite Pérez was coming.
  • Alonso was capable of going a bit faster once he overtook Vettel, both than his previous lap-times and Massa's. And even faster once he overtook Massa.
Check lap-times:

Massa's Lap-times
19 1:35.683 Pit-stop
20 1:49.092
21 1:31.395
22 1:30.858
23 1:29.819
24 1:29.539
25 1:29.539
26 1:29.514
27 1:29.580
28 1:29.719 1:29.618 (Average 23-28)
29 1:30.003 Alonso overtakes Vettel
30 1:29.211
31 1:29.742
32 1:29.263
33 1:28.914
34 1:29.260
35 1:29.624
36 1:29.712
37 1:29.734
38 1:29.917
39 1:29.563 1:29.494 (Average 30-39)
40 1:30.598 Overtaken by Alonso
41 1:29.491
42 1:29.577
43 1:30.311 Overtaken by Pérez
44 1:29.895
45 1:29.670
46 1:29.952
47 1:30.008
48 1:30.307
49 1:30.854
50 1:30.684
51 1:30.702
52 1:30.585
53 1:31.426

Alonso's Lap-times
19 1:30.868
20 1:34.045 Pit-stop
21 1:48.388
22 1:31.369
23 1:30.932
24 1:29.378
25 1:29.571
26 1:31.034
27 1:29.558
28 1:29.346 1:29.463 (Average 24-28, lap 26 excluded)
29 1:29.788 Overtakes Vettel
30 1:29.318
31 1:29.010
32 1:29.182
33 1:29.138
34 1:29.371
35 1:29.323
36 1:29.458
37 1:29.323
38 1:29.193
39 1:29.115 1:29.243 (Average 30-39)
40 1:29.073 Overtakes Massa
41 1:29.126
42 1:29.332
43 1:28.913
44 1:28.835
45 1:28.915 1:29.024 (Average 41-45)
46 1:29.829 Overtaken by Pérez
47 1:29.307
48 1:29.724
49 1:30.258
50 1:30.241
51 1:30.385
52 1:30.137
53 1:30.390

Edited by juandiego, 10 September 2012 - 13:30.

#2244 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,346 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 14:44

Q: Was it kind of boring for you, so far in the front?

LH: I could get used to this kind of boredom! But yes, it was really nice cruising. When I heard that Fernando (Alonso) got into second I asked myself, ‘How the hell did he get second?’ To be honest, it is nice to have a relaxed Grand Prix with no troubles so I am very grateful for that opportunity. It was more or less managing the gap to the guys behind me.

http://www.formula1....12/9/13783.html

Juandiego, that's a very good explanation, hard to argue against the data.

Edited by kosmos, 10 September 2012 - 14:48.

#2245 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 21:14

http://www.formula1....12/9/13783.html

Juandiego, that's a very good explanation, hard to argue against the data.

That was mean. Throwing facts into the enthusiastic 'discussion' about Ferrari team-orders, evil Fernando and poor Massa just kills all the fun. ):

#2246 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,013 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 21:20

Mean indeed :evil: Why spoil a perfect bashing opportunity? Bear in mind that with Alonso leading the WDC, there is very little comfort for some people other than this!  ;)

Now, seriously: I'd love to hear from the people complaining about Massa letting Alonso by, how they compare that with, say, Kovalainen letting Hamilton by in Germany 2008. Could you please point out at why we should be outraged at the former, while the latter was perfectly OK? :p

#2247 camberley

camberley

• 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 16:14

Fernando Alonso singles out Lewis Hamilton for Formula One title duel

New to this forum - big Alonso fan - nice to see such good support for Alonso here. Great weekend in Italy. After all the problems, the race went well for Alonso/Ferrari and it was one McLaren and more importantly both RedBulls especially Vettel with a DNF.

Sure Mclaren is looking fast - but from my perspective Alonso needs to watch out for Vettel and Kimi.

Hamilton is not mentally strong and odds are he will choke (as he has done in the past) when it comes down to fighting for the WDC. Its not that much of a surprise that Macca have won the last three races - their drivers performed because they were out of contention in the WDC , had no pressure and nothing to lose. On average they have had the strongest car but when the pressure was on they and especially their drivers have not delivered. I dont expect that to change. I expect Button to outperform Hamilton now that he is practically out of the WDC hunt. For the upcoming races, the pressure will be on Hamilton and that is when he will under-deliver

Vettel and kimi on the other hand need to be taken extremely seriously. They are going to perform better (and so is team Redbull) as the season winds down and the pressure increases. Both are proven performers. Alonso/Ferrari needs to strategize and counter them over anyone else.

Alonso is in a great position, driving at the peak of his career and I am feeling great about his chances for a 3rd WDC

Edited by camberley, 11 September 2012 - 16:17.

#2248 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,346 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 17:28

Fernando Alonso singles out Lewis Hamilton for Formula One title duel

New to this forum - big Alonso fan - nice to see such good support for Alonso here.

Welcome, this is a difficult place to be an Alonso fan, the more the better ;).

#2249 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,346 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:33

Fernando today with the press in Madrid.

- Do you think Hamilton can leave a winning team like McLaren? -Alonso: Yes, in 2007 it was the best decision of my career.

He also said that they are going to tackle every race in attack mode, they will try to win the next 3 races. He said that 37 point advantage it's nothing, that difference with 3 races to go will be good news in the other hand.

#2250 Architrion

Architrion

• 103 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 14:32

Fernando today with the press in Madrid.

- Do you think Hamilton can leave a winning team like McLaren? -Alonso: Yes, in 2007 it was the best decision of my career.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
grow old - get wiser

Edited by Architrion, 12 September 2012 - 14:32.