Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#2651 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:21

Fernando not worry about the small lead,"Normally I am 50 points behind all this years at this point" but he look worried about the upgrades: "six races now without new pieces on the car", according to him. "it will be now a mini championship of five races against Vettel to see who gets one more point than the other"

Advertisement

#2652 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:22

Yes I do, and its completely reckless to not leave space to the car in front, and have your wing right next to the rear tyre of the car in front because if he moves, you will have no time to react and hit him which is exactly what happened. Do you really think the car in front is not allowed to move at all??

I'm retired from racing, I actually raced the man we are discussing a few times growing up, and I do not agree with your opinion. Had this not been a crucial time in the championship, i'd find nothing wrong with Nando squeezing Raikkonen, they're racing after all. However, being the conditions as they were, Alonso nursing his Championship lead, then it's a dumb move, no matter how you slice it. Even if Raikkonen did it on purpose, it's a stupid move by Alonso because you don't invite contact when in his position, that is exactly what you don't do. You do NOT get involved in unnecesary fights when in his position, and at was an unnecessary fight. He didn't HAVE to squeeze Raikkonen, he didn't HAVE to beat Raikkonen, there was absolutely no good to come from that fight, hence, it was unnecessary, and dumb.

Do you understand now? I could care less what Raikkonen did,, or didn't do, the only thing I'm saying is that Nando should not have gotten involved in that, and it cost him dearly. Had he not done that, he'd be in there running in 5th or 6th place and a good haul of points, what is smarter?

#2653 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,884 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:23

Fernando not worry about the small lead,"Normally I am 50 points behind all this years at this point" but he look worried about the upgrades: "six races now without new pieces on the car", according to him. "it will be now a mini championship of five races against Vettel to see who gets one more point than the other"

Fernando blaming Kimi, where he is atleast as much to blame as Kimi is :drunk: also there has been updates to Ferrari in every race, so don't know what he is saying.

#2654 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:23

Fernando blamed Kimi for the start, saying he left him no room and he should have backed off.

In the spanish interview he said his wheel had a puncture because of Kimmi and could not do the first corner. He did not look very angry with him.

#2655 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:27

I'm retired from racing, I actually raced the man we are discussing a few times growing up, and I do not agree with your opinion. Had this not been a crucial time in the championship, i'd find nothing wrong with Nando squeezing Raikkonen, they're racing after all. However, being the conditions as they were, Alonso nursing his Championship lead, then it's a dumb move, no matter how you slice it. Even if Raikkonen did it on purpose, it's a stupid move by Alonso because you don't invite contact when in his position, that is exactly what you don't do. You do NOT get involved in unnecesary fights when in his position, and at was an unnecessary fight. He didn't HAVE to squeeze Raikkonen, he didn't HAVE to beat Raikkonen, there was absolutely no good to come from that fight, hence, it was unnecessary, and dumb.

Do you understand now? I could care less what Raikkonen did,, or didn't do, the only thing I'm saying is that Nando should not have gotten involved in that, and it cost him dearly. Had he not done that, he'd be in there running in 5th or 6th place and a good haul of points, what is smarter?

You have it totally back to front though, because Kimi was the one who was doing the squeezing. He was behind, and had 100% vision of Alonso, and put his wing right next to the Ferrari, while Fernando could not see Kimi and was looking at the cars in front.

#2656 muelte

muelte

• 499 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:34

What Alonso did was just trying to stay out of problems, he saw a McLaren coming from his right in a sudden move and that's probably why he turned slightly to the left, to avoid any chance of contact with Button... But he was a bit sandwiched, with Perez braking in front, Button on right and Kimi. IMHO it was Kimi's mistake, even if it is probably a racing incident, he was clearly behind and he was going nowhere trying to stay so close to fernando's wheel.

#2657 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:38

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial
Yesterday in qualy and today in the race we had bad luck with Kimi, a yellow flag and a puncture today! Now all our efforts for Korea!

#2658 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:39

I was going to blame Alonso for going off on his own, but now it appears he had a punctured rear. Which is just one of those things, KR not to blame either, he just held his line and place.

So it is a racing incident in my book, without ifs and buts, no blame for anyone.

:up:
FA chose the bitter route by complaining that Kimi didn't lift.

#2659 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:40

Not really seeing the bad luck in this, Kimi always had to return back to the track at some point. Alonso's fault clearly.

Advertisement

#2660 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,760 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41

It was a racing incident, nothing more, the start of the race is always tight, you can expect drivers to brake or move to the right or left when they are surrounded in one side by cars and in the other side with no track.

Bad weekend, not sure if we can expect anything anymore, the next race will be the last nail on the coffin or the one that will restore our hopes. Let's keep the hope at least one more race.

#2661 Sapphiresteel

Sapphiresteel

• 58 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41

Alonso can only blame himself.

#2662 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:42

Racing incident. What a beeyotch. We're gonna need some magic to keep the WDC hopes alive.

#2663 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:42

:stoned:

You have it totally back to front though, because Kimi was the one who was doing the squeezing. He was behind, and had 100% vision of Alonso, and put his wing right next to the Ferrari, while Fernando could not see Kimi and was looking at the cars in front.

How can you squeeze somebody from the outside in? :stoned:

Listen, try to understand what I'm saying......let's stipulate, for argument's sake that Kimi is the meanest, worst driver in the world, and he crashed into Alonso on purpose (just for argument because I DO NOT CARE IF RAIKKONEN IS AT FAULT OR NOT) Ok, stating that, when you're nursing a championship as Nando is, the last thing you want is to get involved in an unnecessary fight as was this one with Raikkonen. Why? Because things like this can and do happen. There was absolutely no good to come from Nando getting involved with Raikkonen there, Alonso was in no danger to losing the position to Raikkonen, he DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT. Do you understand? It was a dumb move because it's a crucial point in the championship, he's losing momentum, his car isn't the fastest AND Raikkonen was basically a non-factor to his Championship at that point. You do NOT get involved in that fight, Not in his situation. Like I said, had that been the first race of the year, or Champonship clinched already, by all means, show your superiority, but to get involved with an also-ran in a crucial part of the Championship is dumb in any book, anyway, any time...

#2664 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:43

Dude, no way he could see Raikkonen. Racing incident, nobody's fault.

#2665 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45

Fernando saying Kimmi touched him from behind is just stating the facts, I can assure you he did not blame him in any interview so far. If someone shows me otherwise I will give him my user.
But I understand the need of people looking someone to blame...

#2666 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:46

Fernando saying Kimmi touched him from behind is just stating the facts, I can assure you he did not blame him in any interview so far. If someone shows me otherwise I will give him my user.
But I understand the need of people looking someone to blame...

In the interview he gave to Sky he didn't say "I blame Kimi" but he pointed the finger on Kimi being on the wrong at the start...

#2667 jk

jk

• 1,750 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:47

How is what Grosjean did at Spa different to what Alonso did here? Chopping across a driver not completely behind. The action what the same, only there was collateral damage in Grosjeans case.

It is a shame that consequences and not actions determines the penalty.

#2668 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:48

Listen, try to understand what I'm saying......let's stipulate, for argument's sake that Kimi is the meanest, worst driver in the world, and he crashed into Alonso on purpose (just for argument because I DO NOT CARE IF RAIKKONEN IS AT FAULT OR NOT) Ok, stating that, when you're nursing a championship as Nando is, the last thing you want is to get involved in an unnecessary fight as was this one with Raikkonen. Why? Because things like this can and do happen. There was absolutely no good to come from Nando getting involved with Raikkonen there, Alonso was in no danger to losing the position to Raikkonen, he DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT. Do you understand? It was a dumb move because it's a crucial point in the championship, he's losing momentum, his car isn't the fastest AND Raikkonen was basically a non-factor to his Championship at that point. You do NOT get involved in that fight, Not in his situation. Like I said, had that been the first race of the year, or Champonship clinched already, by all means, show your superiority, but to get involved with an also-ran in a crucial part of the Championship is dumb in any book, anyway, any time...

What exactly did Alonso do, to get involved with Kimi?? Move 2 inches to the left? Think of what your saying here, you seem to think Alonso deliberately chose to get involved with Kimi, when all he did was basically drive straight and move a few inches when his car was 98% ahead of Kimi, which he could not even see.

#2669 fed up

fed up

• 1,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:48

Alonso, the best driver in F1, is choking.

He had a huge lead and a reasonably quick Ferrari yet he has somehow managed to get himself in a position 4 points ahead of Vettel.

If he doesn't win the WDC in 2012 one really has to question Ferrari's faith in the guy. One man team and all that - no room for Lewis, Vettel, Perez or any one that will challenge Alonso when the guy can't close down a WDC.

All is not lost I guess, but he must now prove his worth - he must!

#2670 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:50

What exactly did Alonso do, to get involved with Kimi?? Move 2 inches to the left? Think of what your saying here, you seem to think Alonso deliberately chose to get involved with Kimi, when all he did was basically drive straight and move a few inches when his car was 98% ahead of Kimi, which he could not even see.

You know, these incidents happen all the time. But when they involve top driver - everyone is trying to stick the blame. In any case, normal starting race incident with no one to blame.

#2671 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:51

He had a huge lead and a reasonably quick Ferrari yet he has somehow managed to get himself in a position 4 points ahead of Vettel.

If he doesn't win the WDC in 2012 one really has to question Ferrari's faith in the guy. One man team and all that - no room for Lewis, Vettel, Perez or any one that will challenge Alonso when the guy can't close down a WDC.

:confused:

#2672 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:52

Fernando knows better than that, usually does better than that. He's human and got it wrong...
he makes so so few mistakes that people forget he's allowed a small one from time to time

#2673 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:53

Mini 5-race championship started today!

Good luck Fred

#2674 krferrari07

krferrari07

• 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:53

I love the fact that Alonso blames Kimi for his weekend. What happened to the saying 'you make your own luck' ? Anyway what'll really eat away at Alonso is that Kimi is still the most recent Ferrari world champion. Alonso and Ferrari choke again, i will enjoy watching Alonso fall back now after his stupid comments.

#2675 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:54

What a load of BS.

#2676 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 457 posts

Fernando blaming Kimi, where he is atleast as much to blame as Kimi is :drunk: also there has been updates to Ferrari in every race, so don't know what he is saying.

Ferrari is shutting up their windtunnel, maybe that gives you some clue
of what he's saying. What updates could you mention that worked, in relation to their main rivals?

#2677 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

This is Formula 1, and that is Fernando Alonso, he knew Kimi was there, and he was giving Kimi the 4 wheel salute halfway through the straight. Before the incident even happened I was thinking "WTH is he thinking of?" then the accident happened, I could see it coming a mile back, I've seen it a million times. I've been on both ends of that one. There was no winning for either of them, and that's exactly what you avoid in his situation. But, anyway, yeah, you're right, it worked out great for him. :up:

You have yourself a nice evening. :)

#2678 MonacoMaster

MonacoMaster

• 104 posts

All the time you need to give the space... except when Fernando himself is the one who suppose to do so. :up: :drunk:

#2679 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,029 posts

This is choking? what crap. When will Fernando enjoy a utterly dominant car like the Red Bull? The team has fallen behind in developement. Damn !!

Advertisement

#2680 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,816 posts

It was a race start, they're close in those all the time. Sometimes it goes wrong, that's all.

Don't spoil the childrens' party :drunk:

Edit: Niki Lauda says no chance for Alonso to see, he could not avoid it. Would call it Raikkonen's fault if he had to put blame, but in the end a racing incident.

Edit: FA on RTL: That's what happens when you start in the middle of the pack. Mini-WDC from now, but if in February or April someone would have offered me to be on level points by Suzuka, I would have signed right away.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 07 October 2012 - 08:01.

#2681 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,058 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:58

:up:
FA chose the bitter route by complaining that Kimi didn't lift.

He may be taking a leaf from your posts in this thread... :rolleyes: Alonso simply said what he thought, that given their relative positions it was Raikkonen who should have lifted. He also said that itw as a racing incident. But I guess everything goes when it comes to being negative about the guy.

#2682 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:59

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial
5 great races coming! If the enemy thinks in the mountains, attack by sea, if they think in the sea, attack by the mountains. #Leaders

Yes, it looks like he is very angry and he is tweeting blaming Kimi non stop :lol:

Edited by Hanzo, 07 October 2012 - 08:00.

#2683 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,029 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:59

Ur just talking utter nonsense. Two retirements in the last 4 races. While Red Bull have been the on of the fastest cars in the same period.

#2684 Devero

Devero

• 544 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:00

The very fact Alonso is still leading with the car he has this year is a miracle, with no other current driver is capable to achieve even close.

Miracles can not happen and last for too long.

Today was a stupid move by Kimi which ruined Fer`s race.

Are you dreaming that Alonso has to prove anything yet? :eek: :wave:

In this case all other drivers have to be sent home as clearly questionable on abilities. :lol:

#2685 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:03

Tough break, Fernando, but we know you'll be fighting again in 1 week's time! :up: :up:

Love that fighting spirit. It's been enough time without updates that work as expected, so hopefully in Korea Ferrari will produce some extra speed for you and Felipe.

Some of your "fans" may already be throwing in the towel with 5 races still to run, but we know you and the Scuderia realize there's 125 points still to play for and you happen to be LEADING the WDC! You and the Team will fight until the last corner of the last race, but these "fans" bailed out on you a few races ago, already. ;)

FORZA FERNANDO! FORZA FERRARI! I'm hearing the "Rocky" soundtrack starting to play. GO GET 'EM! :clap:

#2686 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:03

Fernando knows better than that, usually does better than that. He's human and got it wrong...
he makes so so few mistakes that people forget he's allowed a small one from time to time

It happened so fast with split second decisions to be made going into the first corner. Some made the correct calls, some did not.

#2687 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:04

Ur just talking utter nonsense. Two retirements in the last 4 races. While Red Bull have been the on of the fastest cars in the same period.

And it is about this time that you remember Monza...

#2688 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:08

All the time you need to give the space... except when Fernando himself is the one who suppose to do so. :up: :drunk:

Agreed.

#2689 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:09

And it is about this time that you remember Monza...

You mean the anti-roll bar failure in qualifying which cost him pole position and victory? Yep, I remember Monza...

#2690 xman

xman

• 778 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:11

Today was a stupid move by Kimi which ruined Fer`s race.

You might want to rewatch the start. Alonso does a "Grosjean" by weaving to another side of the track, leaving Kimi absolutely no room and tries to push him out of the track.
Alonso can only blame himself for his misfortune.

#2691 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:13

You mean the anti-roll bar failure in qualifying which cost him pole position and victory? Yep, I remember Monza...

I was referring about RedBull being the fastest car for all the last four races bit...

#2692 dreamer

dreamer

• 576 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:13

He made a mistake today that caused him a lot of points but I believe he can push back in the next few races.

#2693 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:14

The whole Japanese GP weekend has gone wrong for Fernando and it's all Kimi's fault, or at least Saturday was. :down:

#2694 fed up

fed up

• 1,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:16

This is choking? what crap. When will Fernando enjoy a utterly dominant car like the Red Bull? The team has fallen behind in developement. Damn !!

Alonso has everything at Ferrari. Clear No:1 status, a second driver that has been neutered for his benefit and occasionally used as a toe to try and get him extra speed in quali. Ferrari also appear to be burning bridges with other talented drivers as they view Nando to be the best of the lot and therefore worth all this extra privileges.

No chance for a WCC and the WDC looking like it's choking away - what do you have?

As I said, all is not lost and he can still win the WDC, but if he doesn't who will they fire this time? LdM?

#2695 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:18

He made a mistake today that caused him a lot of points but I believe he can push back in the next few races.

The car is almost a second slower than the RB, as long as Vettel remembers to appear for the races he will be the champion. Another season cruising to the title, lucky him to be in the right spot at the right time.

#2696 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,263 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:18

what's wrong with you people? Alonso's doing a nearly perfect season, he does the smallest of the judgement mistakes and gets unlucky, and the bash fest starts? Lame.

#2697 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19

How is what Grosjean did at Spa different to what Alonso did here? Chopping across a driver not completely behind. The action what the same, only there was collateral damage in Grosjeans case.

It is a shame that consequences and not actions determines the penalty.

That's true, the actions of the guilty party were pretty much the same.

#2698 Devero

Devero

• 544 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19

what's wrong with you people? Alonso's doing a nearly perfect season, he does the smallest of the judgement mistakes and gets unlucky, and the bash fest starts? Lame.

He did not do that today.

#2699 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,435 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:20

Alonso has everything at Ferrari.

Except a quick enough car!

Advertisement

#2700 dreamer

dreamer

• 576 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:21

You might want to rewatch the start. Alonso does a "Grosjean" by weaving to another side of the track, leaving Kimi absolutely no room and tries to push him out of the track.
Alonso can only blame himself for his misfortune.

Couldn't agree more. He is to blame for his misfortune not Kimi. He left Kimi no space.
It was a racing incident, nothing more.
What he has to do now is consatrate to his next race and stop trying to pass the blame.