Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#251 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,515 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:55

29th win Kosmos.I'm speechless.Legendary drive!! Trully Sennaesque!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, my mistake :up:

Do you guys remember what Fernando said 3 races ago?, target accomplished :lol:

Posted Image

Advertisement

#252 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:04

GENIUS :love:

#253 hedonist

hedonist

• 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:09

Long story short, F1 management wanted Alonso at podium (Safety Car), but F1 Gods wanted he wins the race.

I was ready to jump to ceiling for 4th position. Today, Alonso truly deserved a podium place but winning was "cream de la cream".

Congrats to SF and beloved Tifosi.

#254 topical

topical

• 2,069 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:09

A brilliant drive from Alonso today. Yes, the win was lucky but he didn't make a single mistake and pulled off several great overtaking moves without ever over cooking the tyres. Perfect, and DNFs for his two main rivals to make it even better.

#255 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,774 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:10

A drive for the ages from Alonso. Quite simply a superb effort from the man I now consider to be the best on the grid.

#256 crespo

crespo

• 485 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:15

So much emotion, couldn't believe it even as it unfolded right in front of my eyes. It's been a while since I've felt this way after a race, and his celebrations in front of the crowd made me tear up! A true national hero, bravo Fernando! A drive for the ages!

#257 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:15

Posted Image

#258 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,393 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:26

Some people will say that it was a lucky win, but it was one of the best wins from Alonso.
The first laps and how he gained 3 places, only to realize he couldn´t pass Hulkenberg and then he took care of the tyres to pass him and Maldonado some laps later. Then, a greap pitstop from the team, incredible fast overtaking of the one stoppers and he was 4th ON MERIT!
Later, with the safety car, he was lucky with Hamilton´s problems, and when the race restarted, a brilliant move on Grosjean to get 2nd place. Vettel´s retirement was lucky as well, but you can´t take away from Alonso a masterful driving today. From 11 to 1 only 2 of those places were "lucky", and in a track like Valencia! We can be sure that the win today was for the guy that most desired it. What an emotional race for his fans!

Go Alonso, you are already a F1 legend!

#259 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,793 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:28

It is really scary when you see the difference between Massa and Alonso.

Great performance.

Advertisement

#260 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:30

A man possessed :love:

#261 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:31

That was an outstanding race. Even as a fan of another driver I hope Alonso wins the WDC this year. And while I did bash him for the race in Canada, I now must admit that you can do worse with totally shot tires and that he even handled that situation with calm and control.

#262 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,573 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:33

I will concede that he certainly inherits some victories. Vettel should have easily won, however, I would argue that is part of the Alonso package. He worked his way up to be the one taking the full advantage. He will punish any slip-up in the heaviest way. McLaren and Red Bull slipped up and Alonso was there.

This man really is the best driver in the field, a class above. A real joy to watch.

All of the above in my honest opinion.

Edited by Disgrace, 24 June 2012 - 15:35.

#263 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:44

Yes he's lucky to win a race in which Vettel DNF from lead and later Ham DNF from second. But it's his work to capitalize it and take the handful 25points for him. All in all great race. :up:
@SirRacer Beautiful photo :up:

#264 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,515 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:46

Alan Baldwin ‏@alanbaldwinf1

A little stat that will give Alonso's rivals plenty to worry about. Today was his 20th points finish in a row, all but two in the top five.

I didn't realize that detail, 18 of 20 races in top 5, I think he needs only 5 more races to surpass Schumi and become the driver in the history of the sport with most consecutively races finished in the points, talking about consistency, and not always with a great car.

#265 Lights

Lights

• 9,316 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:48

Can you find the source of him saying that? I remember it too but I can't find it.

#266 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:52

I've never seen Fernando so emotional.I never thought it would be possible.Really contrasting to the cold blooded killer he is inside the car.What a LEGEND.And what a podium today.My favourite drivers at different times on the podium.

#267 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:35

Classic Alonso!!!

You know people always say, Alonso only won because he lucked out. Somebody else had the faster car and was faster on so and so laps. But you know what? Alonso already won that way in 2005 and 2006, so I say change is good. :cool:

Edited by fabr68, 24 June 2012 - 16:35.

#268 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,515 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:38

Can you find the source of him saying that? I remember it too but I can't find it.

He said it in a Spanish radio called COPE.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So many toys, where is tomita?.

#269 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:42

Dear Fernando,

Thank you. Thank you for being the superstar that you are. Thank you for making me jump up and down and cheer every time you gained a position. Thank you for the best combination of aggression, patience, accuracy, precision and competition that makes you the driver that you are.

Vettel was unlucky, but thats racing - the car may be fast but if it quits then its worth nothing.

Hamilton showed the red mist again. In Canada when Fernando was in the same position he did not bother defending - he knew he was done. P5.
Hamilton in the same position? DNF. This is why Alonso is considered the whole package.

Grosjean was not getting past. Neither was Raikonnen.

What an awesome race at a track and conditions that were not supposed to suit Ferrari. Bring on Silverstone.

#270 Tauhid

Tauhid

• 229 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:44

A true champions' drive, what a driver and what a race even from this circuit. I loved every single one of his overtakes, the FOX Sports guys went bonkers when he came past from 11th place in the first lap.

#271 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:47

Posted Image

Completely forgot he said this :up:

He got the job done in spectacular fashion, I hope the car is more competitive for the next races so he can capitalise on this fantastic result. Avanti Fer :clap:

Edited by RedOne, 24 June 2012 - 16:48.

#272 igoru

igoru

• 113 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:51

Dear Fernando,

Thank you. Thank you for being the superstar that you are. Thank you for making me jump up and down and cheer every time you gained a position. Thank you for the best combination of aggression, patience, accuracy, precision and competition that makes you the driver that you are.

Vettel was unlucky, but thats racing - the car may be fast but if it quits then its worth nothing.

Hamilton showed the red mist again. In Canada when Fernando was in the same position he did not bother defending - he knew he was done. P5.
Hamilton in the same position? DNF. This is why Alonso is considered the whole package.

Grosjean was not getting past. Neither was Raikonnen.

What an awesome race at a track and conditions that were not supposed to suit Ferrari. Bring on Silverstone.

This :up:

#273 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:52

He said it in a Spanish radio called COPE.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So many toys, where is tomita?.

Haha look at that small toy with the mini Ferrari headphones

#274 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,892 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:03

Worst scenario possible today, Vettel and Hamilton on top and Fernando too low. I don't know if it's the team fault, or Fernando's fault but they should have planned the posibility to make a second run with softs.

Tomorrow, clean side, and a lot of new tyres but it's not enough for this track, only a super genious strategy or massive problems for rivals will give us a podium.

Quite interesting how it panned out. While I was also gutted yesterday, something inside me said that maybe it's not that bad that Fernando saves a set of softs or two in that way.

Indeed, looking at Hamiltons drop-off, Fernando's tire situation, together with his immaculate driving, doing everything right, and the perfect pit stop made everything possible today.

Very very well deserved, first driver to win two GPs this year, and he should win the WDC. It feels like Alonso's year.

#275 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,892 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:09

Posted Image

3 races, 50 points - mission accomplished.

This is one of the qualities of Fernando that make him without parallel - how accurately he can predict. He did that already in 2010 and nearly predicted his way into the WDC, bar the last race mess-up. What a strong mind, what a strong zeal. Definitely the most complete driver now, and one of the most complete drivers in history.

At this point he is knocking on the door of the all-time top five

Senna/Fangio/Clark/Schumacher/Prost

and, in my humble opinion, he is already better than Prost. Let's see how he continues - a number of WDCs for Ferrari would be just suiting my taste, he definitely would deserve it.

I'd like to call it

Senna/Alonso/Fangio/Clark/Schumacher in a few years time.

#276 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:49

Posted Image

:clap:

#277 Lights

Lights

• 9,316 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:56

Fantastic comparison, thanks for that Lotusseven. Was actually wondering if they had ever been in exactly those positions, thought so. :up:

#278 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:58

Fantastic comparison, thanks for that Lotusseven. Was actually wondering if they had ever been in exactly those positions, thought so. :up:

You´re welcome! :)

#279 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 766 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:59

What a race! What a win! Well deserved. He had a bit of luck but he was always in place to grab it. That´s what world champions do, well done :up: Still unbelievable that Alonso is leading the standing with so much points ahead of his rivals without not evenhaving the 2nd best car. That´s class, pure class :up:

Alonso + his team crew = Perfection

Edited by F1Newbie, 24 June 2012 - 18:00.

Advertisement

#280 discover23

discover23

• 3,519 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:00

This year's performance tops 2006/2005 and 2010.. Genius!

Edited by discover23, 24 June 2012 - 18:01.

#281 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,128 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:01

Fred is the best.

#282 weareracing

weareracing

• 888 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:07

I think today Fernando confirmed what many have been saying.
He IS the best driver on the grid in 2012, his performance today was truly masterful.
Sure the safety car and the Vettel retirement helped today, but his driving was truly inspirational.
Not a Ferrari or Alonso fan but I really hope 2012 is the year that Fernando wins his 1st Drivers Championship with Ferrari.
Top Man :up:

#283 steferrari

steferrari

• 271 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:08

Grande Fernando ! :clap:

#284 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,645 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:16

The man is a legend.

Brilliant drive and brilliant celebrations at the end.

#285 Johnbull

Johnbull

• 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:23

Fernando confirmed to all, if confirmation were at all necessary, that he is the most COMPLETE driver in F1 today.

One needs to assess the potential of the Ferrari on Massa's performance, and we all agree Massa is no slouch, so Nando's performance and capability are even more easily visible.

However, I would certainly like to know why he parked, or rather abandoned the car where he did at the end of the race. I thought there was a rule about stopping for flags etc.

Can anybody update?

#286 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:25

The best drive all year for Alonso. He is indeed the best on the grid.

#287 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:36

Fernando confirmed to all, if confirmation were at all necessary, that he is the most COMPLETE driver in F1 today.

One needs to assess the potential of the Ferrari on Massa's performance, and we all agree Massa is no slouch, so Nando's performance and capability are even more easily visible.

However, I would certainly like to know why he parked, or rather abandoned the car where he did at the end of the race. I thought there was a rule about stopping for flags etc.

Can anybody update?

Well he said in the press conference there was some problem in the car, but i think he did it for the fans. Don't hold it against him, he said in his interview some nice things about how he was thinking of the fans sleeping in their cars just to watch the race and how special it was for him to be able in the end to give them that win. He should not receive flack for something that was actually a nice gesture.

#288 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,598 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:40

Great win by Alonso today,class drive :up:

#289 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 425 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:44

Well he said in the press conference there was some problem in the car, but i think he did it for the fans. Don't hold it against him, he said in his interview some nice things about how he was thinking of the fans sleeping in their cars just to watch the race and how special it was for him to be able in the end to give them that win. He should not receive flack for something that was actually a nice gesture.

Alonso; "There was some problem in the car"

Translation; "There was a problem that I was in the car and not celebrating this great victory with the fans" Awesome :up: :lol: :clap:

#290 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:47

Alonso clearly deserved WDC this year.

#291 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,448 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:51

Not a long time ago, I posted here that who wins 2nd GP this year will be the World Champion. And here he is...
Posted Image

#292 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,529 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:13

Fernando,

SIMPLY BRILLIANT AND UNMATCHED! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Both of your wins this year have been IMPOSSIBLE!

First, in Malaysia, when the F2012 was truly uncompetitive...then today, in a much better F2012, but starting from 11th place on a track where passing is quite difficult. How do you and the Team do it? :love: :love:

I chose to support you as a driver because of your immense talent and competitiveness, but also your normalcy and humility out of the car. Your abilities since you've joined Ferrari have been clear for any fair-minded fan of the sport to see. You still may not be their cup of tea as an F1 pilot, but your peerless talent is being recognized, respected and celebrated across the globe. You, the Team, and all of your countrymen savor this MAJESTIC VICTORY today! You've certainly earned that. But there's still more work to do to earn the BIG PRIZE you and Ferrari seek, so we know you'll be back hard at work in Maranello, Monday! :up: :up: :up:

FORZA FERNANDO! FORZA FELIPE! FORZA FERRARI!!

#293 havocas

havocas

• 75 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:46

i just want to say that i am not a long term f1 fan. i have been watching all races since 2010 and i came to the sport because of charisma of lewis hamilton.

today i alonso has become my favourite driver. i just love his relentless style and how a true champion that he is. simply amazing

the greatest current driver in f1 with the greatest team in f1.

simply amazing

#294 Trust

Trust

• 3,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:51

Great drive from Nando. He was driving just like Kimi in Bahrain, except that he was lucky with Vettel retiring and former wasn't that lucky.
But this drive certainly confirmes once more time who is currently the KING in F1.
Well done! :up:

#295 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,112 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:53

Great drive from Nando. He was driving just like Kimi in Bahrain, except that he was lucky with Vettel retiring and former wasn't that lucky.
But this drive certainly confirmes once more time who is currently the KING in F1.

Vettel.

#296 Aieljose

Aieljose

• 676 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:54

Vettel.

:rotfl: Gold!

#297 Romulan

Romulan

• 325 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 20:03

Congratulations Fernando!

#298 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 20:04

Superb today, as ever. Top marks. :up: :up:

#299 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 20:27

VIDEO

Fans celebrating.....

Advertisement

#300 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,528 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 20:47

Excellent drive by Alonso.

He will win the WDC if he remains this consistent and it would be well deserved.