Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#3151 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,662 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 18:41

My "only" points are my points nonetheless, and you still have yet to come up with an alternative as to why Alonso feels the need to criticise Vettel and his own team when he loses. They're not trolling comments at all, they're my opinion. Go ahead and report me, I've done nothing wrong, feel free to waste your time.

Funny how you insist others reply to your points when you yourself ignore the points others made just as much. Alternatives were provided already.

Advertisement

#3152 sopa

sopa

• 2,699 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 18:42

Alonso is 100% sure of the title, because he knows Vettel's alternator is gonna fail. Maybe he had access to the car in parc ferme and "fixed" someting.:)

#3153 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 2,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 18:44

Alonso is 100% sure of the title, because he knows Vettel's alternator is gonna fail. Maybe he had access to the car in parc ferme and "fixed" someting.:)

I bookmarked this comment :D

#3154 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 966 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:07

I admire Alonso a lot, he is a fantastic driver, his comments today show his mentality, and I for one, will be astonished if he is crowned champion in this car.

#3155 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:13

Fair play to Alonso for whatever mindgames he plays. You don't need them when you have the fastest car. If he does win the championship though, I will frame this news report on my wall.

#3156 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,439 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:32

FA on Facebook: Sleep well...that tomorrow we have to give it all..

Posted Image

And... Cenando... Dinner... #IndiaAlo

Posted Image

I think he should drive more aggressive tomorrow, right from the start... like in Valencia

Edited by jstrains, 27 October 2012 - 19:33.

#3157 Goron3

Goron3

• 551 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:32

My "only" points are my points nonetheless, and you still have yet to come up with an alternative as to why Alonso feels the need to criticise Vettel and his own team when he loses. They're not trolling comments at all, they're my opinion. Go ahead and report me, I've done nothing wrong, feel free to waste your time.

Alonso is probably the last person on the grid who goes out and actually criticises his own team. Hell, after the team messed up in Abu Dhabi 2010, he didn't criticise them once. In the 3 years he has been there they haven't built him a consistently fast car and again, he's never criticised the team.

A great example was in one of the races in 2010 were he had a slow pitstop caused by a mechanic making a mistake when taking the wheel nut off and it caused Alonso to lose a place to Lewis. The mechanic was really upset afterwards but when asked about the incident in the press conference, Alonso covered for him by saying 'I made the mistake, I missed my entry point. I have apologised to the team'.

Compare that to say Vettel at Hungary complaining to the team or again in Korea during qualifying.

It blows my mind when people say Alonso hasn't learn to lose yet given he's spent 3 years behind Newey cars and even when he wins he is honest about it. The only other driver in modern F1 that doesn't blame the team in public is Michael Schumacher. Hell, despite the team having let him down for the last 3 years and them being unable to build him a reliable car this year, he actually never criticised them.

It's something that the younger drivers will learn and I'm sure Seb will too, but it comes with time and experience. Even Lewis behaved like a sore loser but he's really matured, particularly this year.

#3158 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,053 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:34

I admire Alonso a lot, he is a fantastic driver, his comments today show his mentality, and I for one, will be astonished if he is crowned champion in this car.

I would not be shocked if he won. He did this in 2005 in a slower car compared to Kimi. He is first class in his own, IMO. Much like Michael Schumacher in the late 1990s.

Edited by George Costanza, 27 October 2012 - 19:34.

#3159 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 661 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:37

No, you don't get it. Your points are insults and personal dislikes so far. You say Alonso need to criticise Vettel and Ferrari, but that is you twisting the words. That´s funny coming from the fanboy of the driver that call other drivers "stupid", gives the middle finger, and throw his gloves to the camera when he loses. Very weak memory my friend... And that is not me twisting anything.
Maybe those Seb´s actions were a team decision too, like Webbo's winggate :lol:
Can you imagine if Alonso called stupid another driver? The end of the world!

Edited by Hanzo, 27 October 2012 - 19:41.

Advertisement

#3160 Menace

Menace

• 12,204 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:39

Alonso saying probably what 95% of the paddock thinks, let's massacre him. I don't see any denigrating comments towards Vettel, specially when he mention Webber too.

95% paddock thinks Alonso is faster then Vettel? Really? :lol:

#3161 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,439 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:39

What if the WDC was agreed for 2012 in advance last year in Silverstone where RBR was let to blow their difusor for the rest of 2011? :rotfl:

#3162 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 19:43

I would not be shocked if he won. He did this in 2005 in a slower car compared to Kimi. He is first class in his own, IMO. Much like Michael Schumacher in the late 1990s.

I respect and admire FA a lot as well but to single him out as a sole member of exquisite drivers is way too much. In 2005 Kimi had the "fortune" of extremely unreliable car so it is not fai to critizise him or to use that as an example of Fernando's skills. Currently I'd rate Seb, Lewis and Kimi at least as good as Fernando and Jense nad Mark pretty close. FA has not had nothing but subservient teammates except of Lewis and that ended up in tears thus his legacy is yet to be written IMO.

#3163 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 20:04

95% paddock thinks Alonso is faster then Vettel? Really? :lol:

That's not even what he said. Can you read?

Alonso is a better driver than Vettel and Newey has once again raced ahead in the development war when it mattered. :cat:

#3164 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,525 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 22:39

Bonne Chance, Fernando! :clap:

We know you and Ferrari will never give up, in fact, quite the opposite. You EXPECT victory! Not by thinking happy thoughts or waiting for miracles, but through masterful engineering and brilliant driving and craftsmanship! :up:

Dude, you are the man, and your driving this year has been peerless! Now dig deep and bring home the trophy that you've worked so hard to earn! :smoking:

Edited by PoleMan, 27 October 2012 - 22:41.

#3165 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,723 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 22:57

Yeah Red Bull are cheats and F1 is a corrupt sport. Unlike with Benetton in 1994 they didn't clamp down on the flexi wings and monster diffusers back in 2010 in spite of them being against the rules so Alonso and Ferrari are fighting a team that goes way over the boundaries of the regulations. Todt becoming FIA president was the worst thing that could happen, because he's bound to want Ferrari to fail to make himself look like the god of team bosses (it's called egoism). Todt is a huge egomaniac and between 1993-2007 Ferrari were benefitting from that. That's why Red Bull gets away with flexi wings and everything, because Todt has a problem with Dennis, Alonso and Di Montezemolo and would prefer no success for either of them.

See how the DDRS was only allowed to be on this season because his friends Brawn and Schumacher benefitted from them? Remember how RBR weren't thrown out of the German Grand Prix in spite of an illegal mapping being discovered AFTER qualifying?

(Call me a conspiracy theorist but I've had it with the bowing down to Newey). :down:

Where Ferrari failed was in not making sure Todt stayed within the company, preferrably Brawn too. LdM didn't reward loyalty enough and that bites Fernando in the donkey now as RBR/Merc have their own set of rules. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Vatanen was a Ferrari puppet back in 2009 and that's why Todt is acting like he does. So I wouldn't think Ferrari are guardian angels either. They will probably be lobbying for an opponent to Todt in the next election too.

Posted Image

#3166 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:57

Scuderia Ferrari (@InsideFerrari)

To those who think that there's a coldness between @alo_oficial and @insideferrari the truth is we have never been as united as we are now. Forza Fernando! Forza Ferrari!

Very nice :)

#3167 nemtudom

nemtudom

• 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:42

Whitmarsh said something like that about the relationship between Hamilton and McLaren a few months ago... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Alonso will leave Ferrari or there's tension between them, but I wouldn't give too much credit to these Twitter comments; obviously, they're not going to tweet that their relationship is worse than it used to be.

#3168 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,901 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:47

Should have let the horse whisperer deal with those reports.

#3169 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:49

they're not going to tweet that their relationship is worse than it used to be.

Of course not, but they can tweet nothing too  ;)

#3170 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,175 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:57

Of course not, but they can tweet nothing too ;)

But, actually, that's the problem. With this kind of stories, coming out to say every is fine, it's more often than not and admission that not everything is fine. A bit like in football, a team coming out to say their coach is not in dager means the coach is going to be fired 3 days later.
I'm not saying this is the case here (that not everything is okay), but the team coming out with such an statement makes me rise an eyebrow and pay more attention searching for trouble signals.

#3171 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:13

Brillant race today, the first corners of the race :up:

This championship it's not over.

#3172 joshb

joshb

• 3,227 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:15

Good save today and pace was very fast- he was 3 or 4 secs up on Vettel in their 2nd stints.

#3173 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,662 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:20

I'm sure we will soon have posters show up in the thread to complain about Alonso on the podium congratulating Vettel & RBR for a job well done. "Why does Alonso have to denigrate them all the time!!?!" :p

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 28 October 2012 - 11:21.

#3174 HPT

HPT

• 1,155 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:22

I'm sure we will soon have posters show up in the thread to complain about Alonso congratulating Vettel & RBR for a job well done. "Why does Alonso have to denigrate them all the time!!?!" :p

Alonso got the loudest applause too. How dare his fans be so disrespectful towards the winner by applauding him more than Vettel? No respect at all!

#3175 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:25

Personally speaking, Fernando seems a bit "butthurt" and I don't get it. I'm not trying to say he should be looking happy or anything but he is looking more that a bit downbeat.

He's had a great season personally on his part so nothing to feel bad about there. He's done his job.

I don't get why he suddenly feels the need to keep pointing out it's really hard to beat RedBull. Yes Fernando we know, RBR have the best car right now and they are winning the races, that's how F1 works, best car wins.

It's almost as if he feels under pressure or someone is suggesting he's not that good, only no one is doing that at least out in the open. If anything he has had the concensous best or at the very least equal best season this year.

#3176 HPT

HPT

• 1,155 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:29

Personally speaking, Fernando seems a bit "butthurt" and I don't get it. I'm not trying to say he should be looking happy or anything but he is looking more that a bit downbeat.

He's had a great season personally on his part so nothing to feel bad about there. He's done his job.

I don't get why he suddenly feels the need to keep pointing out it's really hard to beat RedBull. Yes Fernando we know, RBR have the best car right now and they are winning the races, that's how F1 works, best car wins.

It's almost as if he feels under pressure or someone is suggesting he's not that good, only no one is doing that at least out in the open. If anything he has had the concensous best or at the very least equal best season this year.

I don't get why people have problems with drivers expressing their opinions. It he was disrespectful then it's a different story, but as many have pointed out here with the misquotes and whatnot, he was simply telling it like it is. You are here giving your opinion as we all are. So why can't he?

#3177 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:34

Where did I say in post that I have a problem with him expressing his opinions?

He expressed his opinion and then I commented on it. Where's the problem?

Edited by EvanRainer, 28 October 2012 - 11:35.

#3178 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,662 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:34

Or a more likely alternative to your wild psychological remote diagnosis is that Fernando is not one of the people for whom "I did my job and cannot be blamed" is good enough because they need to win to be satisfied. Not an uncommon trait in F1 drivers, you know.

And I'm LFMAO that really you find a way to complain about Fernando congratulating Vettel and RBR just minutes after I predicted that someone would. There's really no way he can satisfy you, is there? WTF do you want him to say in a podium interview? If he doesn't mention the competition -> "He's arrogant". If he congratulates them for doing a better job -> "He's making excuses".

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 28 October 2012 - 11:35.

#3179 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:35

Agreed. Personally I feel it's part of his personality to not be able admit defeat very well and feel insecure, constantly trying to convince or remind everyone he's the best.

Good race for him, but he should've taken the inside line after monstering through the Mcs at lap 1 and keep 3rd then to not lose time and put pressure on Vettel.

Edited by choyothe, 28 October 2012 - 11:37.

Advertisement

#3180 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:38

I've said it so many times times this year, even if Fernando doesn't win the title (and it's getting harder with each passing race) we can be very very very proud of the job he has done this year. He is immense!

#3181 P123

P123

• 8,011 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:41

Good recovery by Alonso today, but Ferrari do need to sort their qualy pace, especially with Abu Dhabi next.

constantly trying to convince or remind everyone he's the best.

Did you just make that up? I suppose a good way of convincing everybody is to finish ahead of a faster car, so maybe you are correct...

#3182 geGR

geGR

• 1,676 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:42

I've said it so many times times this year, even if Fernando doesn't win the title (and it's getting harder with each passing race) we can be very very very proud of the job he has done this year. He is immense!

True. Problem is, I strongly suspect this is not enough for him any more (if it ever was, that is). Hell, it is very close to not being enough for us fans either...

#3183 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:42

Or a more likely alternative to your wild psychological remote diagnosis is that Fernando is not one of the people for whom "I did my job and cannot be blamed" is good enough because they need to win to be satisfied. Not an uncommon trait in F1 drivers, you know.

And I'm LFMAO that really you find a way to complain about Fernando congratulating Vettel and RBR just minutes after I predicted that someone would. There's really no way he can satisfy you, is there? WTF do you want him to say in a podium interview? If he doesn't mention the competition -> "He's arrogant". If he congratulates them for doing a better job -> "He's making excuses".

Wherein my post did I complain about Fernando?
Where did I say anything about being arrogant or making excuses?

I clearly stated in my post I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO BE HAPPY.

All I really said was that he seems a bit TOO down on himself and he shouldn't be.

I don't care that you are having fights with fanboys and you think Alonso is being attacked dude, your fight is not with me. Learn to read.

#3184 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:45

Did you just make that up? I suppose a good way of convincing everybody is to finish ahead of a faster car, so maybe you are correct...

No? I thought this was pretty much obvious.

#3185 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,970 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:45

I don't think he's "butt hurt" mate. His comments are typical of someone in this situation. Do you not remember last season Jenson, Lewis & Fernando saying after the race or Quali that "the Red Bulls were out of reach today"?? Lewis said it yesterday after Quali. So I don't see the problem. Fernando just said the obvious when asked about it & said the same thing many other drivers do.

#3186 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,439 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:49

Ayrton is more remembered for his driving than his 3 titles.
Schumacher for his dirtiness than for his 7 titles.
What will be Vettel remembered for? Cruising from P1 to 3 titles.

Heads up guys, number of titles is not what counts :wave:

#3187 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,901 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:51

InsideFerrari
So P2 for @alo_oficial and P6 for @Felipe1Massa. A great performance from Fernando: if we will give him a quicker car we can make it..

:up:

I have got say, I loved it when Alonso was pwning those McLarens into turn 4. :D

#3188 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52

Crucial, I agree I just think there might be something there when someone seems to feel the need to keep pointing out the obvious.

I'm not saying that it is strange Alonso is unhappy or unsatisfied why wouldn't he be? What I am saying is that TO ME it is beginning to look like he feels under pressure when there is no reason he should feel that way. Not saying there is anything behind the scenes, I just think he is a bit TOO hard on himself right now. When you are a perfectionist as all these drivers should be, the biggest pressure is the one you put on yourself.

#3189 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,415 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52

Yea, it's definitely not the only thing, how many titles did Gilles win?

#3190 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:53

Ayrton is more remembered for his driving than his 3 titles.
Schumacher for his dirtiness than for his 7 titles.
What will be Vettel remembered for? Cruising from P1 to 3 titles.

Exactly, which is why it's about HOW Vettel has done it. You'd have known what he has done with his driving if you were paying attention to the racing.

#3191 sniper80

sniper80

• 518 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:54

Amazing race by pitbull Alonso! Pitbull or Adrian "RedBull" Newey, who's it gonna be for the 2012 title?

#3192 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:56

I love how Alonso just keeps shutting up the haters.

In 2010 it was all 'cheater' and 'crybaby' but much of that noise has died down, and it's all because of drives like today.

Even if he doesn't get the title this year, everyone in the paddock agrees: he is THE best driver in F1 today.

#3193 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:57

Like Vettel in this season Alonso keeps getting mostly the most out of the race. Makes for a good WDC fight.

#3194 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:00

In 2010 it was all 'cheater' and 'crybaby' but much of that noise has died down, and it's all because of drives like today.

Even if he doesn't get the title this year, everyone in the paddock agrees: he is THE best driver in F1 today.

FA did very well today - when his performance was compared to that Flipper then he was likely the man of the race today. However, Seb did altogether even better this weekend - with a car that has low top speed he had to qualify high and that he did and did not put a foot wrong in the race. A brilliant execution once again.

#3195 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,662 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:00

Wherein my post did I complain about Fernando?
Where did I say anything about being arrogant or making excuses?

I clearly stated in my post I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO BE HAPPY.

All I really said was that he seems a bit TOO down on himself and he shouldn't be.

I don't care that you are having fights with fanboys and you think Alonso is being attacked dude, your fight is not with me. Learn to read.

(..) Fernando seems a bit "butthurt" (...)I don't get why he suddenly feels the need to keep pointing out it's really hard to beat RedBull. Yes Fernando we know, RBR have the best car right now and they are winning the races, that's how F1 works, best car wins.

Looks like complaining to me. Anyway, don't get hung up on that word - my point was that people would find fault with his podium interview, and you did - when there really was nothing wrong there.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 28 October 2012 - 12:01.

#3196 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,970 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:02

Crucial, I agree I just think there might be something there when someone seems to feel the need to keep pointing out the obvious.

I'm not saying that it is strange Alonso is unhappy or unsatisfied why wouldn't he be? What I am saying is that TO ME it is beginning to look like he feels under pressure when there is no reason he should feel that way. Not saying there is anything behind the scenes, I just think he is a bit TOO hard on himself right now. When you are a perfectionist as all these drivers should be, the biggest pressure is the one you put on yourself.

I get why he's unhappy and as you said he should be but I just don't think him saying RB couldn't be beat today is unusual as other top drivers say it all the time. We'll just agree to disagree but now that you've mentioned it I'm going to pay closer attention and see if you're onto something. :up:

#3197 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,021 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:02

And I am amazed at the number of haters in this thread, and in similar ones. Seriously, those of you who so much dislike the guy - what is your reason for spending so much time in this thread? I would expect people who come here or to any other driver or team thread to be either supporters or neutrals who want to exchange reasonable opinions (including constructive criticism) about the driver/team. Instead of that, there are plenty of people who write on those threads just to try and ridicule people who are, in all likelihood, far more successful than those who spam bitterness about them. From my point of view that is quite sad, even pathetic.

#3198 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:03

For me, the image of the race was Fernando overtaking both McLaren at once in the 1st lap. Says it all.

Puxa Nano

#3199 FerrariAlonso

FerrariAlonso

• 409 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:04

BBC commentator:"The was Alonso is driving at the moment is breath-taking."

Advertisement

#3200 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,662 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:04

For me, the image of the race was Fernando overtaking both McLaren at once in the 1st lap. Says it all.

Puxa Nano

Speaking of which, where is puxanando?