Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#3601 denthierry

denthierry

• 1,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 17:58

It's scary how positive he is, let's hope everything goes well.

Mindplay. He always wins with those words. If he ends up losing, people will admire his fighting spirit. If he utimately wins, people will go ballistic and claim he's God. :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#3602 Anonymous

Anonymous

• 2,948 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:02

Mindplay. He always wins with those words. If he ends up losing, people will admire his fighting spirit. If he utimately wins, people will go ballistic and claim he's God. :rolleyes:

Yup, some people are really naive. :lol:

#3603 Trust

Trust

• 3,195 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:04

I think this Samurai will have his final battle today and lose it.

Do you hate Alonso? And why?

#3604 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:05

Maybe when things go wrong you go to a corner and cry, others chose to be positive :rolleyes: . The party has started.

Edited by kosmos, 18 November 2012 - 18:06.

#3605 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:05

Do you hate Alonso? And why?

No I don't hate him or any other driver.

#3606 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:06

you mean he's not God? :eek:

#3607 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:08

All those haters piling up here now :rotfl:

#3608 Nahnever

Nahnever

• 257 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:09

If somehow Alonso crashes at the first turn in a way that it wouldn't have happened if he didn't have this gearbox penalty advantage, then lol. The Karma and outcrying will be immense. :lol:

#3609 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:09

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but the only thing I see when a driver (regardless of who the driver is) says those things is a very nervous driver :well:

#3610 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,652 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:19

Stay strong guys, today is going to be a hard day.

It could be a hard day, but it might also be a good one. Whatever happens we know Fernando will have given it his all.

#3611 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,111 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:22

Samurai were honest in their fights. Today pretty much erases FA any credit of using samurai sayings. I do not like today´s decision at all.

Welcome to F1 - gladiatorial, not samurai-like (Irvine dixit).

#3612 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:23

It could be a hard day, but it might also be a good one. Whatever happens we know Fernando will have given it his all.

I was talking about the people from the caves, not the race ;)

#3613 prty

prty

• 5,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:24

Samurai were honest in their fights. Today pretty much erases FA any credit of using samurai sayings.

:cry:

#3614 denthierry

denthierry

• 1,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:27

Maybe when things go wrong you go to a corner and cry, others chose to be positive :rolleyes: . The party has started.

and then other others chose to just shut up, look at only themselves, focus on the job at hands, not to complain, not to use the media for whatever purpose that makes them look better, nor making their competitors achievements look easy, etc... Let's dance.

#3615 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,759 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:28

:cry:

Exactly so. A sad thing altogether - sad that FA played along with that kind of mockery.

#3616 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,929 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:31

Exactly so. A sad thing altogether - sad that FA played along with that kind of mockery.

All simplistic opinions about samurai are wrong, your's as much as what appears to be Alonso's. Best to leave the topic alone.

#3617 sheSgoTthElooK

sheSgoTthElooK

• 276 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:32

Welcome to F1 - gladiatorial, not samurai-like (Irvine dixit).

True. Weirdo F1. I guess it´s sort of logical of Ferrari but FIA should not tolerate such a things - furthermore I personally would feel quite uncomfortable with doing so, you know...
maybe ...

#3618 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:39

Samurai were honest in their fights. Today pretty much erases FA any credit of using samurai sayings. I do not like today´s decision at all.

I think you have neither read Sun Tsu's "Sūnzĭ Bīngfǎ" or Myamoto Musashi's "Gorin no sho", otherwise you would know that strategy and tactics play as big an outcome in the battle as personal valour and unbendable spirit.

#3619 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,759 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:41

I think you have neither read Sun Tsu's "Sūnzĭ Bīngfǎ" or Myamoto Musashi's "Gorin no sho", otherwise you would know that strategy and tactics play as big an outcome in the battle as personal valour and unbendable spirit.

Yes they do but OTOH personal valor and unbendable spirit are not sacrificiable. The victory is tainted if it is achieved via dishonest methods.

Advertisement

#3620 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:43

:rotfl:

Yes they do but OTOH personal valor and unbendable spirit are not sacrificiable. The victory is tainted if it is achieved via dishonest methods.

Do or not do, not try.

Ferrari and Alonso did.

#3621 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:47

Do cheating a weight deflection test for a front wing count as a "dishonest method"?

Ferrari has been very honest about what they are doing....

Edited by fabr68, 18 November 2012 - 18:48.

#3622 prty

prty

• 5,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:48

They just showed his qualifying lap and it was quite clean, maybe he has a full race setup.

#3623 motorhead

motorhead

• 931 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:51

I have red those and those books were written by strategists not Samurais. I case you don´t know Samurais were at first emperors elite soldiers, a little bit like knights here. Samurais had their own codes for honour...

#3624 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,071 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:51

Do you think it was Fernando's decision? Do you think what he thinks/wanted matters? He's not the Team Principal and he doesn't make the decisions. He does what his employer says, like all employees do if they want to keep their job. So yes you might not like the gearbox penalty, etc but Fernando had nothing to do with it. Get the facts straight.

#3625 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:53

Do you think it was Fernando's decision? Do you think what he thinks/wanted matters? He's not the Team Principal and he doesn't make the decisions. He does what his employer says, like all employees do if they want to keep their job. So yes you might not like the gearbox penalty, etc but Fernando had nothing to do with it. Get the facts straight.

Do you really think Fernando hasnt got anything to say? He has more power to the decisions many even believe.

#3626 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,759 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 19:00

That is just so naíve - of course FA was at least consulted.

#3627 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,071 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 19:31

That is just so naíve - of course FA was at least consulted.

And? I agree they probably "consulted" him, but again it was not his decision yet you still try to blame him. You act as though he calls the shots and he doesn't. It wasn't Fernando's decision to make.
I personally don't see anything wrong with it. It's a team sport same with RBR taking the wing off of Marks car to give it to Vettel. Or Fernando getting the new diffuser before Felipe. Anyhow Fernando isn't the team principal nor does he make the decisions.

#3628 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:41

Completely outclassed by Massa this weekend. All there is to say

#3629 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:48

Well, not a good race. Massa is actually driving better right now. That sums it up.

#3630 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,064 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:50

Fantastic result, but I'm not happy at all, at the end I guess what it matters it's that Vettel got only 3 points. Fantastic first lap again.

#3631 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:51

Praying for a Vettel alternator/engine/whatever technical failure in Brazil.

I don't care if I am ungraceful ;)

#3632 Snic

Snic

• 569 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:59

Praying for a Vettel alternator/engine/whatever technical failure in Brazil.

I don't care if I am ungraceful ;)

71 long laps left for that alternator to blow ;)

#3633 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:59

Sure, if Alonso ending up half a minute down the road despite handicapping his team mate means partying to you.. :lol:

#3634 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,420 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:10

And it goes to Brazil.... Where Ferrari should be very strong.

#3635 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 1,204 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:11

Huh? Why?

#3636 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:11

And? I agree they probably "consulted" him, but again it was not his decision yet you still try to blame him. You act as though he calls the shots and he doesn't. It wasn't Fernando's decision to make.
I personally don't see anything wrong with it. It's a team sport same with RBR taking the wing off of Marks car to give it to Vettel. Or Fernando getting the new diffuser before Felipe. Anyhow Fernando isn't the team principal nor does he make the decisions.

There was no choice to make, even for the team principal. The advantage to be gained outweighed the penalty for Ferrari. There was no risk of an additional penalty, and it could all be done openly. To not do it would have been dereliction of duty to the team.

#3637 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:12

Why?

#3638 apoka

apoka

• 3,572 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:16

Why?

Maybe he means rain? (Someone said that rain is predicted, although not sure how accurate that can be a week in advance.)

#3639 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:17

Maybe so, but three last races there have been won in a Red Bull.

Advertisement

#3640 topical

topical

• 2,171 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:23

What fantasy land do you live in? Ferrari are not strong anywhere and haven't been since Monza. The only hope is rain.

#3641 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 722 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:38

If somehow Alonso crashes at the first turn in a way that it wouldn't have happened if he didn't have this gearbox penalty advantage, then lol. The Karma and outcrying will be immense. :lol:

Hmm... looks like the karma could travel to Brazil, and that it is not a bad place for Fernando "karma-wise".
This forum could implode :lol:

#3642 topical

topical

• 2,171 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:48

Hmm... looks like the karma could travel to Brazil, and that it is not a bad place for Fernando "karma-wise".
This forum could implode :lol:

With the crap servers they have here if Alonso were to pull off a miracle next week I expect the forum will be down for several days.

#3643 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,574 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:53

I love the fact that die hard fernando fans, who have filled this forum with hatred for Lewis for the last few years, will have been shouting GO HAMILTON!!!!!!! I hope this year will put an end to all the ham fernando hatred between fans. The drivers clearly don't feel it, so hopefully the fans won't anymore either.

#3644 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:36

I love the fact that die hard fernando fans, who have filled this forum with hatred for Lewis for the last few years, will have been shouting GO HAMILTON!!!!!!! I hope this year will put an end to all the ham fernando hatred between fans. The drivers clearly don't feel it, so hopefully the fans won't anymore either.

Don´t you know the procedure? He´ll be the devil again as soon as he is the rival in a WDC campaign. Vettel will be again a nice funny young fresh guy as soon as RB is a team getting a podium here and there. It´s how it goes here.

By the way, BRILLIANT first lap by Fernando. Brilliant. He lacked pace this weekend but boy, can he race.

#3645 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:01

By the way, BRILLIANT first lap by Fernando. Brilliant. He lacked pace this weekend but boy, can he race.

He did all he had to, while he was not the fastest Ferrari. That is not to be lamented, though, as there were 2 or 3 races in which Webber was faster than Vettel and Button faster than Hamilton. Still, Fernando's record is 17:2 versus Felipe, and with his mind power and Brazilian unpredictable energies he can surely clinch the title in Interlagos.

#3646 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:06

Superb job keeping the championship alive till Brazil. It is still wide open, anything can happen at Interlagos. I hope he pulls it off somehow, what a performance he's put in.

What a brilliant season it's been. :up:

#3647 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,063 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:07

A bit of rain and a bit of luck and yes, he can do it.

#3648 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:12

There was no choice to make, even for the team principal. The advantage to be gained outweighed the penalty for Ferrari. There was no risk of an additional penalty, and it could all be done openly. To not do it would have been dereliction of duty to the team.

What amazes me is that it was all done very openly, as professed by Stefano Domenicali and Felipe Massa. Also lovely to hear from Felipe that he is probably the only driver who would do such acts of teamwork - Alonso has a great team around him, but then again, he deserves it maybe more than others.

#3649 Tauhid

Tauhid

• 231 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:23

I love Ferrari and I respect this team but that was just a tad too hard on Massa. But I think Massa owes back a lot more to Ferrari because of his poor seasons in 2011 and the first part if this season. He looks like a re-born driver but I will still say there are far better drivers on the grid who deserves that seat more. He is a team player and he did the right thing but I have a feeling, GOD has a way of getting things done and if you play this much around with fate (qualifying where he did on the dirty side), and gaining on it on the race. Look Lewis started on the wrong side and he came out winning this race.

I understand you want to capitalize at all costs but it just throws back on your team's pure venomous nature of winning at all costs. I have a gut feeling this is going to bite back on Ferrari come Brazil. I just can't see Alonso winning the title even with all these workarounds. It won't be a miracle but it will be mighty good if he can win it at the end. It just doesn't seem too fair on Massa and I'd hate for a driver to be put in such a position. I'd rather retire than take up such shame.

#3650 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:44

It was clearly the right move. I don't understand why people would think otherwise? Team play has always been a part of Grand Prix racing. Massa is completely out of the championship; Fernando has been in it all year. Another championship goes down to the last race. F1 can be so cool. :up: