Photo

Fernando Alonso - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4015 replies to this topic

#3701 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 17:15

I saw that he opened the stock exchange in NY, savage.

You have the video some post above, really weird stuff.

Advertisement

#3702 speng

speng

• 1,299 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 17:42

Always thanking his team, admitting when he did not get most out of the car, applauding the winner while crossing the finish line.
Ugh, what a horrible person.

you are only a class act depending on your last classy deed, I see.

Edited by speng, 21 November 2012 - 17:43.

#3703 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,962 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 18:08

Love approved by father,now they can marry.

#3704 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 982 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 19:37

I want to hear something like this on Sunday, It's a long shot, but it could happen.

#3705 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 19:42

I want to hear something like this on Sunday, It's a long shot, but it could happen.

:up: :up: :up:

#3706 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 19:46

I would love that so much!

#3707 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:59

Love approved by father,now they can marry.

:lol:
whats with these two, who would have thought in 2007 that lewis and alonso would actually look like they get along pretty good, what is f1 coming to

#3708 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 23:24

:lol:
whats with these two, who would have thought in 2007 that lewis and alonso would actually look like they get along pretty good, what is f1 coming to

Even if he didn't like some of the things Lewis did it was soon pretty clear the ones he would never forgive were other team members. After all Lewis only tried to get the best for himself which is comprehensible, even if the way of doing it was not the best. That's why I always thought they will end having a cordial relationship.

#3709 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,074 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 23:30

To raise the spirits of those of us who are not that optimistic about Sunday, some very special praise

http://www.radiospor...urray-26jul2012

"To dip into the world of fantasy for a moment, if those two greats (Prost and Senna) were ever morphed into one then Alonso is surely that progeny. (...) He is simply ‘The Best’."

(And some background on who the author is http://tvnz.co.nz/co...4/article.html)

Edited by Fontainebleau, 21 November 2012 - 23:31.

#3710 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,045 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:08

QUOTE (aditya-now @ Nov 18 2012, 19:39)
I think you have neither read Sun Tsu's "Sūnzĭ Bīngfǎ" or Myamoto Musashi's "Gorin no sho", otherwise you would know that strategy and tactics play as big an outcome in the battle as personal valour and unbendable spirit.

I have red those and those books were written by strategists not Samurais. I case you don´t know Samurais were at first emperors elite soldiers, a little bit like knights here. Samurais had their own codes for honour...

Where did I say that Sun Tsu and Musashi were Samurais?

Alonso is like a reincarnation of a samurai to me, like Ayrton Senna was to the Japanese people - and Fernando is drawing inspiration from those legendary writings. ALO has definitely his own code of honour.

#3711 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,045 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:09

I want to hear something like this on Sunday.

I think we will hear it.

"Avanti Fer, Avanti!"

"Beautiful, just beautiful! You and the whole team deserve this!"

#3712 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:11

To cheer you up even more

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ravenak, 22 November 2012 - 03:16.

#3713 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 206 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:47

99% ???

So, there might be some rain :D

#3714 pRy

pRy

• 10,925 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:03

Hamilton and Alonso seemed to be getting on very well, too, on the podium whilst Seb was being interviewed.

They've been complimenting each other all year. Lewis never gets tired of saying Alonso deserves the title and Alonso never gets tired of suggesting Hamilton is his biggest threat on the track. They remind me of Mika and Michael.. two drivers who mutually respected each others abilities and performances. I suspect they both have doubts about Vettel too.. or perhaps a shared frustration of the Redbull.

#3715 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:58

Fernando is again in the PC, in 2 hours.

#3716 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 17:54

Some prise and support from Button:

Asked if he was bothered who won, Button said: "Fernando has been the most consistent this year.

"We all know how important that is, so probably Fernando. Just because he hasn't really made any mistakes."

Alonso's Ferrari started the season 1.5 seconds off the pace. It has improved since then but has never been the quickest car in the dry, yet the Spaniard, a two-time champion, has produced what he himself says is his best season to stay in contention throughout the year.

Button said: "I said after the first race I don't think he's got a chance, and I didn't think he did. He was a second off in qualifying, or even more. [Ferrari] have done a good job and he's obviously done a great job as well.

"He's been consistently quick and done a very good job in the car he has.

"Seb has been more inconsistent. The last few races he has been fantastic, with a great car.

"If you look at the season as a whole, consistency really does mean a lot and it's good to see that Fernando has been that good at every race.

"Very impressive, actually, to see that performance at every race."

Never expected this level of prise from him,

#3717 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 18:00

bet Button made those remarks through gritted teeth. I never cared for Jensen, not in or out of the car.

#3718 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 18:02

Wow! Neither did I. Kudos to Jenson for giving credit where it's due. :up:

#3719 topical

topical

• 2,099 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 18:22

bet Button made those remarks through gritted teeth. I never cared for Jensen, not in or out of the car.

That is a surprise. I expect that a lot of the nice comments towards Alonso are prompted by an unwillingness to see Seb a 3 times WDC at the age of 25. Vettel fans will call it jealousy, but it's not that simple. I think it's just a sense that Vettel really hasn't earned the right to be a 3 times WDC many years younger than even Senna or Schumacher managed it and the drivers would like to believe that such titles aren't simply just a case of having the best car.

Advertisement

#3720 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 18:33

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial

Found Some support messages from all the Ferrari Club around the world in my room at the circuit..;))

Posted Image

#3721 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 982 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 21:58

No idea why, but I am happy looking back at the season. Even if he doesn't win, he is still the main man to me.

I have the same support for him as I did for Schumi in the Ferrari days.

And, I have a good feeling about this weekend. Forza Ferrari and Forza Alonso.

#3722 redbarron

redbarron

• 299 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:22

The pain is almost over chaps. In a couple of days we will know if luck will be on Alonso's side. At least if he doesn't make his third WDC this year, we can cheer for the great year he's had!

I can see some positive's going into this weekend. If you look at where Ferrari have excelled this year, it is on non modern tracks with cooler temps. Lets hope this helps get over this final race :)

#3723 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:31

Ferrari clamp down on Alonso’s social media

Pretty stupid decision if it's true, he has done anything but good things with social media.

#3724 msayrton

msayrton

• 33 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:32

Even if I'm an Alonso supporter, and I've followed him throughout all of his career, this year I've been impressed with his season.
Consistent and dominant when given a quick car this year, and a true warrior having the slowest car of his contenders at the most of the season.
Vettel doesn't impress me when he overtakes HRT's and Toro Rossos. In the contrary, Fernando has overtook RedBulls and McLarens when it was needed. His manouvre on WEB @ Abu Dhabi was immense, he seems to have woken up and he's finally, pretty good again at the limit, like 2006, where I can say I started rating him pretty damn high.

Let's hope for a good weekend and the championship, cause that's what he deserves.
Pretty unlikely, but it's not over till it's over.

His face on Thursday's press conference said it all though. He wasn't so much in mood, partly cause of the idiotic questions by the press about Massa's gearbox.

#3725 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,825 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:53

Ferrari clamp down on Alonso’s social media

Pretty stupid decision if it's true, he has done anything but good things with social media.

Says Focus ... could be true or not

#3726 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,477 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:26

FA: "We can not turn back, we better fight than be dishonored by not doing it"

Posted Image

#3727 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,044 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:51

The pain is almost over chaps. In a couple of days we will know if luck will be on Alonso's side. At least if he doesn't make his third WDC this year, we can cheer for the great year he's had!

Great years are quickly forgotten. Championships are remembered forever. Sad but true :|

#3728 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,585 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:53

I've only skimmed through the last couple of pages, but Alonso-supporters surely knows that he set a quicker time in Fp1 than he did in Fp2?

#3729 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:54

Great years are quickly forgotten. Championships are remembered forever. Sad but true :|

That's true if you are worried about general recognition. But, how much do you care about what others remember or not? I definitely not going to forget this season as I haven't forgotten 2007 or 2010.

#3730 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:43

I've only skimmed through the last couple of pages, but Alonso-supporters surely knows that he set a quicker time in Fp1 than he did in Fp2?

Vettel, Webber, Button and Grosjean also set quicker times in FP1.

#3731 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,585 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:03

Vettel, Webber, Button and Grosjean also set quicker times in FP1.

Yep, but the gap to the front isn't necessarily the five tenths cited by most. (Autosport included, in their form guide.)

#3732 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:04

Tomorrow Alonso will be a 3 time World Champion. How do I know? I have a good feeling like the man himself. I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge and I will come back here tomorrow celebrating opening my bottle when Alonso opens his bottle on the podium.

#3733 joshb

joshb

• 3,286 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:13

Tomorrow Alonso will be a 3 time World Champion. How do I know? I have a good feeling like the man himself. I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge and I will come back here tomorrow celebrating opening my bottle when Alonso opens his bottle on the podium.

No points for Qualy by the way!

#3734 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:26

Depends, for example people still remember Schumacher's Ferrari years before the titles. And in my opinion they were better than most of his titles.

#3735 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,753 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:26

I can see some positive's going into this weekend. If you look at where Ferrari have excelled this year, it is on non modern tracks with cooler temps. Lets hope this helps get over this final race :)

After all the posts mocking the new Ferrari and calling it "Clifford" I think this season has turned out pretty damn well. Win or lose on Sunday Fernando gave it his all and that's all we can ask for.

I am still not happy hearing about that damn wind tunnel again this year.

#3736 topical

topical

• 2,099 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:27

Exactly. I know that Alonso had a great year last year but thinking back I can hardly remember a single race - maybe just Silverstone cos he won out. Otherwise all anyone remembers from 2011 is Vettel cruising to the title. This is why I so want him to get the title this year, even though I know it's unlikely.

#3737 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:29

No points for Qualy by the way!

You're right of course, I guess I'm a little bit over exited about the weekend thus loosing time perspective. If Vettel wins the championship I will still drink the champagne but for a different reason. If Vettel wins it he deserves it and one sip will be in his honour, but only one, the other sips will be for a great season for Alonso and disappointment. Let the best man win!

#3738 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 714 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:35

I would like to think that keeping his chances alive until the last race of the season when people were saying since many weeks ago that his championship was over is no coincidence, that the rain coming in the last race of the season whe an upset is needed is no coincidence. That his claim about being champion if he could get five podiums in the last five races can be true... That the KERS, leaking radiators, alternator failures and other problems can be a concern for RB in this race...

Good ingredients for a great and unbelievable Alonso/Ferrari season ending, but reality is always a b**** :lol:

#3739 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:55

Not necessarily, especially among high profile drivers. Senna in '93 would be a prime example, likewise Hamilton in '07. I remember Button in '04, Villeneuve in '00, Frentzen in '99 etc...

Advertisement

#3740 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:53

The times in FP1 were quite skewed because the majority of these fastest times were set on experimental 2013 tyres. Out of the front runners, only Vettel and Webber set their fastest times on the primes.

Besides, the track temperature difference between FP1 and FP2 was a scorching 15C.

#3741 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,477 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:14

I love these 2 videos about Fernando and Ferrari, always when I am nervous before a race I like to watch them

Maybe it will bring you some positive thoughts as well. Enjoy it! :wave:

Edited by jstrains, 24 November 2012 - 05:15.

#3742 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:18

FA: "We can not turn back, we better fight than be dishonored by not doing it"

Posted Image

He indeed seems to love Japanese/Samurai stuff, doesn't he? :D

Edited by Creepy, 24 November 2012 - 05:19.

#3743 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,355 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:19

Depends, for example people still remember Schumacher's Ferrari years before the titles. And in my opinion they were better than most of his titles.

Espeically true in 1997-1998 seasons... Some mighty fine drives from Schumacher in those years.

But, IF Alonso wins the title, this has to be his finest driving season yet that he won, kind of like Schumacher in 2000.

#3744 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,611 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:02

I love these 2 videos about Fernando and Ferrari, always when I am nervous before a race I like to watch them

#3745 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27

The first video is very depressing for me. It just reminds me how they've managed to squander a 25-point lead in 2 races. It's really heartbreaking.

#3746 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:51

Terrible videos... I really don't like to look back at this season, how hard it was...

#3747 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23

The final battle start today, let's hope everything goes well today and even better tomorrow. :cool:

#3748 e34

e34

• 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:21

He indeed seems to love Japanese/Samurai stuff, doesn't he? :D

I may not be into Samurai stuff, but when I first read "“If the sword breaks, fight with your hands, if they cut your hands, push the enemy with your shoulders, even your teeth”, I didn't think of a samurai, but of

Posted Image

#3749 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:30

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but Alonso has the support of one of the best ever football players.

Ronaldo wants Alonso to win.

(Not the Cristiano variety). It might not be available for people outside of the uk.

#3750 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:45

Most of the paddock want Alonso to win, some of them don't want to say it, but when they talk to journalist off the record, they cheer for Fernando. But support don't make the car more faster so at the end it's not going to help in any way. At the end if Vettel wins, I hope the people that prise Fernando don't forget the kind of season he has done because Vettel won.

Edited by kosmos, 24 November 2012 - 11:13.